PDA

View Full Version : Do you sleep well ?

Joseph McAree
27th February 2013, 12:16
Dear Friends

I have attached what I think is an important message on health to my fellow Avalonian's, my belief is that, with the level of new information and dis-information we all loose sleep as we worry about what is really happening and when someone comes up with a new concept and a change to our normal understanding of how things work this plays on the mind, as we attempt to fit it into context.

This then reduces your normal pattern of sleep that then reduces your body cells recovery I would suggest that this then allows us to pick up infections colds/flu even headaches I would also say that those that practice meditation enhance and improve the speed in which their bodies cells are repair and therefore have better chance of staving of infections.

I have not meditated for a long time but when I practiced Aikido the instructor/ teacher would make us meditate at the end of every session to recover from the exertions and concentrate to repair our bruised bodies. I have not seen the need for regular Meditation it in my life since then but it is something that I had planned to work on again in the coming weeks.

The findings of the study are only for 26 individuals but I have known many people who could live with 4 hours sleep, and and some of these were the high flyers in the business I work in, so I do accept this is not the case for everyone but I would say the case for most.

Think about what lack of sleep does to your body during a traumatic event, as an individual you will find your own answers if you listen to your body, remember it will keep you right if you just take the time to listen to it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/news/health-21572686

Please take care
Best Wishes
Kindest Regards
Joe

Youniverse
27th February 2013, 17:08
I sleep great thanks! Almost always! Not sure exactly why though. I sometimes guess it is because I don't worry about things. And I hear a lot of scary stuff!

Wind
27th February 2013, 17:24
Sleep is very important to us, since healing occurs during a REM-state.

Sometimes I sleep well and sometimes it just doesn't work at all. Full Moon always does wonders to me. I barely can sleep for days when when it's effect is at its strongest, but at the same time I'm both tired and energized.

Shamz
27th February 2013, 19:04
Thanks for the info. But Yes I sleep well too and as Youniverse mentioned I don't worry about things happening around me. If something is bound to happen it will happen- just do your best & enjoy the present.

Peace & Love to all

shadowstalker
27th February 2013, 19:08
Even as a child I have never slept well, not even with pills....

Tesla_WTC_Solution
27th February 2013, 19:15
I sleep very badly some of the time due to chemical imbalance and PTSD.

thanks for this thread.

i read that eating a lot of turkey before bedtime can help you fall asleep better.
i find that a hot water bottle can help some people.

By the way, certain SSRIs and related drugs can cause REM problems in women who already have REM abnormalities.

The famous women Jasmin de Grazia and Whitney Houston died under strange circumstances while taking these pills.

the official story is they fell asleep in the tub.
we may never know if they were forcibly drowned or if the drugs really do kill.

I had horrible night sweating and lack of REM sleep while taking the pill Citalopram, a new SSRI that is HORRIBLE and makes you feel like a stroke victim during sex.

edit: my spouse said that trazadone is a miracle drug for sleep aid.

delfine
27th February 2013, 20:15
Sleep? That´s at least something I excel at :)

Daughter of Time
27th February 2013, 20:49
I sleep very poorly.

I have followed every suggestion made about getting better sleep but nothing seems to work.

I've taken gaba, melatonin, melissa, hops, valerian, homeopathics, bach flower remedies, etc., but nothing seems to help.

Drugs do help, some of them, but they leave me with a hangover which is very unpleasant.

If anyone has any suggestions on remedies that really work, I'd really appreciate a post from you.

Thank you.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

I sleep very badly some of the time due to chemical imbalance and PTSD.

thanks for this thread.

i read that eating a lot of turkey before bedtime can help you fall asleep better.
i find that a hot water bottle can help some people.

By the way, certain SSRIs and related drugs can cause REM problems in women who already have REM abnormalities.

The famous women Jasmin de Grazia and Whitney Houston died under strange circumstances while taking these pills.

the official story is they fell asleep in the tub.
we may never know if they were forcibly drowned or if the drugs really do kill.

I had horrible night sweating and lack of REM sleep while taking the pill Citalopram, a new SSRI that is HORRIBLE and makes you feel like a stroke victim during sex.

edit: my spouse said that trazadone is a miracle drug for sleep aid.

Tradazone is an anti-depressant. Do you trust anti-depressants? I don't!

happyuk
27th February 2013, 21:36
Timeless advice on maintaining sound sleep from Paramahansa Yogananda:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QQuqFjreUo

Jai Guru!

chancy
27th February 2013, 22:00
I sleep very well. There are occasional times where sleep doesn't want to take over but rare.
Here is the secret without anything to fall asleep consistently.
When I was younger I couldn't sleep because I was always thinking. Came up with a way for myself to consistently sleep.
Method is mine and don't know if anyone else it will work with.....
Here goes. Go to bed. Close your eyes. Get everything out of your mind except wanting to sleep. Let your arms relax right to the tips of the fingers. Let your legs relax right to the tips of the toes. Let your mind relax and don't think about anything until you wake up.
Practice this every night. Eventually you can put yourself to sleep consistently every night without having to practice this because you will have gained a habit of relaxing and thinking of nothing but sleep.
It does work and I have been doing this for 40 years with great success and great sleep.
Just don't give up and try it one time because it takes a routine of doing it every night and not just one time.
Good luck and great sleeping to everyone.
chancy

seehas
27th February 2013, 22:18
at my current location i realy dont sleep well, sometimes i wake up several times in the middle of the night and i feel like i just drunk a coffee i feel nervous but i should be tired instead... when i return home from work i fall to sleep because i need it my body takes it back.

we got many cellphone-towers here and i can see like 15 wireless hotspots on my computer, i guess most of them are not turned off at night:yuck:.

the radiation is getting more since they upgrade the tower for new technologies maybe i should move away.

before i moved here my sleep was allways realy good and deep, when i waked up i needed long time to be awake thats totaly different now, to be honest i didnt thought about this when i chose the flat ... technology changes everything.

ghostrider
28th February 2013, 00:13
Uncle GR sleeps like a baby , always have...

GarethBKK
28th February 2013, 01:01
It's the quality of sleep that matters - cycling through the phases. Stress prevents moving through the sleep stages. I've had narcolepsy since I was 5. Once diagnosed I learned to live with it without drugs. If you sleep for eight hours but wake up feeling you have slept only one, look into a sleep-test. At age 5 I had viral meningitis. Since then the body's auto-immune system kills off neurotransmitters needed for regulating stages of sleep - into REM and back again. I work from home and if I need a sleep during the day, I take one!

Grumpy Cat
28th February 2013, 01:36
The anti-mad drug I'm on, Olanzapine, helps wonders with my sleep. No matter how stressed I am, a tiny amount of that knocks me right out.

I don't need to sleep more with this dose either, unlike straight-up sleeping aids. I get REM sleep all the time and often remember my dreams these days.

Craig
28th February 2013, 02:59
I can't remember when i have slept well, almost not too fussed about it now. Can't clear my bloody mind cause all i go is 'oh look I am clearing my mind, this should be fun' then i start off on another tangent.

what does fuss me a bit is becoming wide awake at 2am and just lying there, then drifting off just in time for the alarm

Youniverse
28th February 2013, 03:27
Some of you that have trouble sleeping might want to try a very soothing,relaxing, and peaceful audio recording. I have one called "Om Namah Shivaya II" that my son listens to every night at bedtime. He's six and it works great on him! Of course an adult would be more prone to thinking and worrying too much. Maybe a recording with binaural beats might help? I like the binaural audios from the Monroe Institute, but I don't use them as a sleep aid, more for meditation. Also, having a bath just before bedtime might help some people to sleep.

Tesla_WTC_Solution
28th February 2013, 21:30
re: trazadone question above,

large amounts are prescribed for depression whereas only a tiny amount is prescribed for sleep aid.

sorry i didn't explain!!

Lone Bean
28th February 2013, 22:34
My dreams used to be fun and I looked forward to sleeping in on the weekends just so I could enjoy my dreams. That hasn't happened in 3 years and I suspect it's due to menopause and worry about the coming economic collapse and my poor, elderly mother who recently fell and broke her hip. Her memory is really getting bad and I don't know what we're going to do about trying to help her. It just makes me sick. And all these horrible events going on in the world.....our government behind most, if not all of them. It just keeps getting creepier and creepier every day. When it gets real bad and I just cannot fall or stay asleep, I HAVE to meditate and force my mind to get still for a little while. That can be an extremely difficult task because it's sometimes all I can do to focus on breathing in and out. My cat helps me a lot with her purring. She can purr for a long, long time and I focus in on that and finally I can have some decent space between thoughts.

sheme
28th February 2013, 22:35
Lettuce sandwich is supposed to help. I just use melatonin because -my house is dark, bed time light is similar to daytime light, 2.5 mgs is enough to see me away in 15 minutes. I remember one of the crop circles had the symbol for melatonin - it was trying to tell us all we are asleep? maybe - anyhow it helped me sleep for the fist time in 10 years. Great stuff. It can be purchased off the internet about £10 for 120 tabs

Tesla_WTC_Solution
28th February 2013, 22:41
@ Lone Bean

Cats are wonderful :)

Daughter of Time
1st March 2013, 01:49
re: trazadone question above,

large amounts are prescribed for depression whereas only a tiny amount is prescribed for sleep aid.

sorry i didn't explain!!

With all due respect to you Tesla, but something here does not make sense...

If a small amount of trazodone would put one to sleep, then a large amount would knock one out for days!

I guess this is how they cure depression: knock one out into oblivion for days at a time so that one doesn't know one is depressed! Pardon my cynicism, but it just doesn't make any sense to me.