PDA

View Full Version : Major alt media websites are being attacked

Carl Kolchak
6th March 2013, 01:33
For the last couple of weeks some mainstream conspiracy websites have been under a concerted DDOS attack from a hacker or group of hackers. Today GLP (godlikeproductions), AE (alien-earth) and LOP (lunaticoutpost) are all down once again and are now unreachable although their services have been intermittent and can come and go as the owners fight off the attacks. At the time that I write this, LOP’s front page can be reached but clicking on a thread title reveals an error and both GLP and AE at this moment are now totally unreachable.

It was revealed a few days ago on GLP that it was a certain hacker named Rory who had a grudge with the owner and mods and that this hacker has vowed to take down certain conspiracy websites as revenge. I think there may be more to this story yet to be revealed and it may turn out to be a black-ops type of attack on free speech and internet freedoms from tptb or is it the exact opposite? ( meaning that these sites are in actuality already controlled by tptb in which case the hackers are freedom fighters fighting tptb?).
Time may, or will tell, what is really going on.

pilot
6th March 2013, 01:47
Well, I wish the hacker would take ATS down for sure.

Mulder
6th March 2013, 05:17
Kerry has had alot of attacts on her http://projectcamelotportal.com/ site - its still down right now! I hope you've taken my advice and saved your favourite pages with firefox scrap-book add on or printing them as a pdf with pdfcreator.

Carl Kolchak
6th March 2013, 16:02
Continuous ddos attacks are still ongoing – GLP, AE, TOP, KB, Amkon are all down at this time.
ATS is still up but have reported being under a sustained attack.
LOP is back up and Rense, RMN are also still up at the moment.

Akamai global Internet monitor.
http://www.akamai.com/html/technology/dataviz1.html
Attacks worldwide 42% above normal, and web traffic is 26% below normal.

Imho, this seems to be the work of more than just one individual. Is this the beginning of the shtf ? I’ve never seen such a wide spread attack focused solely on just this category of websites all at once. I do believe this is unprecedented in the history of the internet and it is globally effecting the freedoms of speech world wide. Who or what is really behind this ?

Carmody
6th March 2013, 16:21
This sort of thing is the why.

FDoW8sJ7HMI

The big burp, the methane burp is probably or is expected to happen this year, summer 2013. considering that this is going to be a summertime event in the northern hemisphere, this means the prep and set up to control reaction will have to be set up in the spring of 2013.

Also, those who are going to try and cut awareness and maintain confusion in the critical few hours/days/weeks before an act or emergent situation.... they desire (nay, they MUST test- to ensure actual effectiveness) to 'test' their abilities and systems, prior to the actual act itself.

Think of it as a live test.

The thing about live tests, done in the target area, the live action area...is that the live event itself needs to be completed soon after, BEFORE the zone or 'war theater environs' can begin to run through their minds and realities...what the heck is going on.

As they can possibly build a functional response, IF they have time to understand what the heck is going on.

Thus, in the case of 'live theater tests' (live run, not dry run) of methods, the attack or function itself tends to happen soon after.

Prodigal Son
6th March 2013, 16:25
Well, I wish the hacker would take ATS down for sure.

OMG that is exactly what I was thinking after reading the OP and here you said it in the first response ;)

genevieve
6th March 2013, 19:10
Carmody--

I think the interview you posted deserves a broader audience.
I encourage you to begin a thread on it.

Thanks very much for posting it.

Peace Love Joy & Harmony,
Genevieve

ThePythonicCow
6th March 2013, 21:44
Continuous ddos attacks are still ongoing – GLP, AE, TOP, KB, Amkon are all down at this time.

My decoding of some of these initials, with current status (from a quick check of my own):

GLP - godlikeproductions.com - up now, some outages March 3-5
AE - alien-earth.org (??) - down
TOP - ??
LOP - lunaticoutpost.com - up
Amkon - ??
ATS - abovetopsecret.com - up
Rense - rense.com - up
RMN -rumormillnews.com - up

The claim "all down at this time" seems to be a quote from a three day old AboveTopSecret thread (which I will not favor with a live link.)

As usual it seems when dealing with such sites, there is not enough clear evidence to form a suitable basis for any reliable conclusions :).

ThePythonicCow
6th March 2013, 22:00
Carmody--

I think the interview you posted deserves a broader audience.
I encourage you to begin a thread on it.
See this thread: Siberian permafrost thaw warning sparked by cave data...BBC Science on line... (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?56161-Siberian-permafrost-thaw-warning-sparked-by-cave-data...BBC-Science-on-line...)

Hervé
6th March 2013, 22:32
Yep, frozen methane bubbles... thawing:

http://uberhumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/LWoryKw.jpg

Abraham Lake has become world famous, especially amongst photographers. The artificial lake, which lies in the foothills of the Canadian Rockies, is home to a rare phenomenon where bubbles get frozen right underneath its surface. They're often referred to as ice bubbles or frozen bubbles.

What causes this to happen? As photographer Fikret Onal explains, "The plants on the lake bed release methane gas and methane gets frozen once coming close enough to much colder lake surface and they keep stacking up below once the weather gets colder and colder during [the] winter season."

From: http://www.mymodernmet.com/profiles/blogs/ice-bubbles-abraham-lake [more beautiful pictures there]

From: http://www.blogspan.org/blogs/permalinks/9-2006/frozen-methane-bubbles.html:

Frozen Methane Bubbles

http://www.blogspan.org/images/blogs/9-2006/methane-bubbles-7811.jpg
Methane bubbles trapped in lake ice
Credit: Courtesy of Jeff Chanton, FSU Oceanography Department

A study co-authored by a Florida State University scientist and published in the Sept. 7 issue of the journal Nature has found that as the permafrost melts in North Siberia due to climate change, carbon sequestered and buried there since the Pleistocene era is bubbling up to the surface of Siberian thaw lakes and into the atmosphere as methane, a greenhouse gas 20 times more potent than carbon dioxide.

In turn, that bubbling methane held captive as carbon under the permafrost for more than 40,000 years is accelerating global warming by heating the Earth even more --- exacerbating the entire cycle. The ominous implications of the process grow as the permafrost decomposes further and the resulting lakes continue to expand, according to FSU oceanography Professor Jeff Chanton and study co-authors at the University of Alaska-Fairbanks.

"This is not good for the quality of human life on Earth," Chanton said.

The researchers devised a novel method of measuring ebullition (bubbling) to more accurately quantify the methane emissions from two Siberian thaw lakes and in so doing, revealed the world's northern wetlands as a much larger source of methane release into the atmosphere than previously believed. The magnitude of their findings has increased estimates of such emissions by 10 to 63 percent.

Understanding the contribution of North Siberia thaw lakes to global atmospheric methane is critical, explains the paper that appears in this week's Nature, because the concentration of that potent greenhouse is highest at that latitude, has risen sharply in recent decades and exhibits a significant seasonal jump at those high northern latitudes.

Chanton points to the thawing permafrost along the margins of the thaw lakes -- which comprise 90 percent of the lakes in the Russian permafrost zone -- as the primary source of methane released in the region. During the yearlong study, he performed the isotopic analysis and interpretation to determine the methane's age and origin and assisted with measurements of the methane bubbles' composition to shed light on the mode of gas transport.

"My fellow researchers and I estimate that an expansion of these thaw lakes between 1974 and 2000, a period of regional warming, increased methane emissions by 58 percent there," said Chanton. "Because the methane now emitted in our study region dates to the Pleistocene age, it's clear that the process, described by scientists as 'positive feedback to global warming,' has led to the release of old carbon stocks once stored in the permafrost".

Posted by: Edwin Source (http://www.fsu.edu/)

palehorse
28th August 2023, 17:18

My decoding of some of these initials, with current status (from a quick check of my own):

GLP - godlikeproductions.com - up now, some outages March 3-5
AE - alien-earth.org (??) - down
TOP - ??
LOP - lunaticoutpost.com - up
Amkon - ??
ATS - abovetopsecret.com - up
Rense - rense.com - up
RMN -rumormillnews.com - up

The claim "all down at this time" seems to be a quote from a three day old AboveTopSecret thread (which I will not favor with a live link.)

As usual it seems when dealing with such sites, there is not enough clear evidence to form a suitable basis for any reliable conclusions :).

none of these websites accept connection from Tor network, except the `rumormillnews.com`. Pretty much like most mainstream services.

ThePythonicCow
30th August 2023, 23:36
Continuous ddos attacks ...

none of these websites accept connection from Tor network, except the `rumormillnews.com`. Pretty much like most mainstream services.

Well that's a blast from the past ... over ten years ago, though, mutatis mutandis, likely still relevant.