PDA

View Full Version : Richie Rich Gets Richer

Camilo
6th March 2013, 23:54
Last year, Rolls Royce sold more cars
than ever before in their 100-year history,
but then the luxury industry knows no crisis.

Since 2009 the rich have become on average
6 percent richer. So while one in six Americans
now has no health insurance, Manhattan's 58
billionaires have gotten richer.

As Manuel Koch points out the ratio of return
expected by the rich has totally shifted, "People
used to be happy making three million in profit.
Today, companies like Apple account for 6 billion
profit. That's profit! Not turnover."

Video (about 28 mins):

http://youtu.be/3DT-DTQke58

ghostrider
7th March 2013, 00:24
yes and some guy from Mexico in the telecom business is now worth over 70 billion dollars ...he just blew by Bill Gates ... how much money is enough ??? when one can say, I'm okay I don't need or want any more ...you guys keep it and split it evenly amongst yourself ...lets all do better , lets all get out of debt, ...

Positive Vibe Merchant
7th March 2013, 01:20
money and power know no bounds. And you don't get rick and powerful without cutting corners and cutting off peoples arms on your way through

thalox
13th March 2013, 02:49
yes and some guy from Mexico in the telecom business is now worth over 70 billion dollars ...he just blew by Bill Gates ... how much money is enough ??? when one can say, I'm okay I don't need or want any more ...you guys keep it and split it evenly amongst yourself ...lets all do better , lets all get out of debt, ...

I agree. it is sickening what people will do for the top rank of "richest in the whatever."

i believe the guys name is Carlos Slim. ( I learned about him when i recently traveled to Mexico for a family emergency.)

odd his background.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Slim

I guess he was born in Mexico, but came from Lebonese decent but doesnt state where his father hailed from.

He owns Telcel there and an oil company of some sorts. and in Mexico City they are basically on every corner.