PDA

View Full Version : The Music Industry May Have "Died" Last Night

Dale
20th September 2010, 13:56
This might be of interest to any musicians on the forum.

Some of you might know this, but I have summers off, as I am employed by a college; so I spend a good amount of time traveling and playing bass for various bands in both studio and live-stage settings during this time off. Thus, I've been quite blessed with an interesting perspective when it comes to aspects of the music industry.

I nearly threw up this morning when I came across this "news story:"

"Lady Gaga's Meat Dress: Offensive or Awesome?" (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/13/lady-gagas-meat-dress-photos_n_714117.html)

Since I choose not to own a television, I was quite surprised that something this, well, creepy is playing out in front of millions of people; either watching the live broadcast of this award ceremony, or reading about it online afterward. I'd like to see how anyone, other than a pack of hungry werewolves, would find this dress "awesome."

Here's my take on the matter:

The music industry (and by this, I'm referring to several of the largest "major" record labels and promoters) has close ties with elite groups; most of which either utilize or respect the practice of certain ritualistic behavior. It is only natural that the music industry adopted some of these "black magic" practices.

To me, the incredibly creepy "meat dress" wasn't a bizarre fashion statement by an eccentric musician. Hardly anything on the public arena happens by random chance. "A-list" musicians normally are unable to choose what they wear, say, sing, and promote. There's usually a hidden element in these events. From what I've heard about this musician, it sounds like she had been pushed to "A-list" status following the mysterious death of her close friend (http://www.LinaMorgana.com/).

That, of course, is an entirely different story; as many of you may know, Hollywood "A-listers" often rise to fame following the death of a close individual or family member.

The bottom line here is simple. The music industry, in the highest of echelons, employes the same dirty tactics as the highest of echelons of dominating elite groups. Whatever we believe is happening on this little planet, I'm quite sure that we can all agree that it is spiritual, or metaphysical, in nature.

I bet Freeman (http://www.youtube.com/user/Freemantv) will have a blast decoding this event :p

Luke
20th September 2010, 14:14
No surprise on my part.
System is so designed , that ones that are capable of wielding power in upper tiers are groomed for the role.
No one "accidentally" becomes a star or billionaire.

Those with "favorable" traits are promoted. Those without, well, so many accidents and suicides do happen. But even being "on top" you can be more useful as martyr. Of course there are levels of involvement, but basic thing is: you cannot go up in the system without knowing how it works.

Magick is seriously underestimated, but then it can be used in many ways. Question is, what you want to archive and in what context. Success is relative, system is it's background.

But then again, it's easy to miss the point and go "Chris everard" ie. everyone using magick are vile satanists. yawn ;)

John Parslow
20th September 2010, 14:17
Hello The-Cipher-Replied

Couldn't agree more with you man, I have been a bass player for fifty years and if this is what the music industry has come to I am glad to be retired.

Love and peace to you man, break a leg. JP :cool:

A particular anathema to me as a Veggie ...

steve_a
20th September 2010, 14:17
Hi The_Cipher_Replied,

This idea of a dress made of meat is nothing new. http://boingboing.net/2009/06/10/dress-made-from-meat.html also http://www.urlesque.com/2010/07/01/27-pictures-of-clothing-made-of-food/

However, this just goes to show how this day and age the lengths to which some artists go to be in the news.... It's all in my book, "Marketing Your Music - Success Strategies" (http://www.marketingyourmusic.net)

Best regards,

Steve

Loren
20th September 2010, 14:19
What does one have to do these days for shock value ? Do you remember one of Robbie Williams video's where he is seen picking his at his flesh and body organs and throwing them off. It freeked me out but I was still impressed with the song and the impact it had on me at that time. There is another good post on musicians and top actors,Eminem... selling their souls to the devil for fortune and fame but I can't remember who posted it. The kids really dig Lady Gaga but as an older person we have seen the forefathers of shock , Ozzie,Cooper,Howard Stern...Lady is just regurgitating old material and making it her own which is fine with me even though I'm not a fan.

Richard
20th September 2010, 14:34
This is nothing new for corporate behaviour but what really freaks me out is the poll results...

Quick Poll
Lady Gaga's meat dress: offensive or awesome?
Offensive. 59.39%
Awesome! 40.61%

Just wtf..?

Celine
20th September 2010, 14:40
Understanding rituals is very important for the opened eye.

This is not the first time meat has been used in fashion..

Montreal meat Dress

http://www.snopes.com/politics/arts/meatdress.asp

Dale
20th September 2010, 15:05
Quick Poll
Lady Gaga's meat dress: offensive or awesome?
Offensive. 59.39%
Awesome! 40.61%

You know, that freaks me out quite a bit, too.

I apologize for sounding like an "alarmist" in typing this thread. However, when I'm waking up and about to make breakfast, the last thing I want to see on my homepage is a photograph of someone covered in raw meat. I personally believe that anyone who has the desire to do something like this, regardless if they were asked to by management or by their own freewill, is absolutely messed up in many ways. I've been involved with several aspects of the music industry for quite a while now, and can testify that there is something "strange" going on in the higher levels. I can make a few good armchair speculations as to what, but I'm certain that it involves more than just "stunning" behavior to win over fans.

Couldn't agree more with you man, I have been a bass player for fifty years and if this is what the music industry has come to I am glad to be retired.

It's good to know I'm not the only bass player on Avalon. Being the bass player in a band usually means being at the receiving end of just about every music joke imaginable :p

Beth
20th September 2010, 15:14
These guys seem to love symbolism, so it begs the question, what is the symbolism in covering yourself in meat?

Celine
20th September 2010, 15:24
i am finding a few references to eating raw meat, being connected to rituals.. but none on wearing raw meat..

except that the egyptians used it on open wounds...

Luke
20th September 2010, 15:30
These guys seem to love symbolism, so it begs the question, what is the symbolism in covering yourself in meat?

IIRC Aztecs dressed in flayed skins of powerful individuals .. supposedly to get some of virtues of that man.
There are some examples in Greek myths of individual gods/heroes hiding in animals .. but again, more skin than anything else.
Obviously blood comes to mind.

Or maybe it was representative of seeing yourself as "just a piece of meat".

At least that is what comes to my mind right now.

Edit: dunno about Egyptians, but this applying raw meat to wound was a technique used by steppe people, ie Huns and Mongols among others, think it was used on horses tho...

Dale
20th September 2010, 15:42

Let me put my tin foil hat on for this one ;)

Like SaiCO stated above, it could represent the mindset of viewing oneself as "just a piece of meat." Materialism, Nihilism, and the grey space in between are often forced down upon a population to sever the powerful spiritual bond innate to all humans, as well as to reduce any spark of divinity we may have to an ember.

It could also represent something sacrificial. Being covered in raw meat on the world's stage sure sounds a bit like something the Aztecs would have envisioned.

Or maybe it's another ploy to tick PETA off, again :p

Fredkc
20th September 2010, 15:46
Hello The-Cipher-Replied

For the record, this is NOT a meat shirt

http://fredsitelive.com/personal/mepics/fredonstrings.jpg

Fred

Beth
20th September 2010, 15:52
There's that pic of Paul McCartney again!

John Parslow
20th September 2010, 15:57
Hello all on this thread, there seems to be muso's popping out all over Avalon, makes me wonder how many we have.

Love and peace. JP :cool:

Dale
20th September 2010, 16:16
Hello all on this thread, there seems to be muso's popping out all over Avalon, makes me wonder how many we have.

I'm quite surprised at all of the fellow musicians on here!

Bill ought to sponsor an Avalonian Idol competition :p

Fredkc
20th September 2010, 16:28
An Avalon International Garage Band Day and Tequila drinking contest ;)

PS: That is not McCartney! Just me with 30 years of bad road removed. ;)

See?

http://fredsitelive.com/personal/FredAtFairS.jpg

This is me 2 yrs ago in a "Post Charlie Daniels" mode.

Fred

John Parslow
20th September 2010, 16:29
Bill ought to sponsor an Avalonian Idol competition

Methinks Not. JP :cool:

Beth
20th September 2010, 16:30

I will partake in the tequila drinking contest :p

rosie
20th September 2010, 16:53
When I first saw Gaga in the meat dress, my first response was, oh, she is making a statement to her handlers. She is starting to feel like a piece of meat, which, in fact, she is. She may just be realizing that it does not matter that she has made it big, she still has someone to answer to. She is in the money making machine now, and her stakes have just gotten so much higher.

I had a very deep conversation with an old boyfriend who was playing in the NHL at the time. He was making the top dollars, as he was a big money draw. He loved the game at the beginning, but once they get in that machine (NHL) they are literally someone else's piece of meat.

As long as they could make the money off his name, they would shoot him full of pain meds, and make him play. He had no option. They owned him. The big cats would tell these guys all the time that they are owned and must do exactly what is asked of them. Some of those guys out there are playing with broken bones, but the show must go on. The big fat cats get their jollies making money off talented people, and I am assuming this is exactly what has happened to Lady Gaga.

Talented people get used all the time, then they learn too late that the only people that really care about them, are the ones that are not paying them.

As long as there are people willing to pay for these shows, there will be talented people being used like pieces of meat to supply this demand. The deeper the talented ones go, the harder it is to get out. The show must go on.

in love & light :wub:

Beth
20th September 2010, 17:33
Great take on it, rosie. I'd thought of that angle as well. Could be a combination of meanings really, never know what they are up to I suppose.

And Fred, it's all lies. I'm starting to think you may be the real Paul McCartney, incognito!

Carmody
20th September 2010, 17:39
It comes to as no surprise to me (subject of the thread), as the 'light' as they like to call it, when it is passing a soul to the light, it has a note, an overpowering frequency, harmonic, and waveform envelope shape. Since my gig is helping souls crossover, from the inside..not after they have become 'spirits' or 'ghosts', to be in the moment of horrific soul shifting terror that is created by the body's influence, so this influence does not disturb them to the point that they do not cross over, so to speak. I've heard the note before.

My point is that one of the the primary aspects that binds all matter together and is an inter-relational aspect for energetic gating of these energies either within a given dimension or to cross to one, very specifically now frequencies are involved. We are talking about the analysis of a fluid dynamic plasma nature with oriented resonant manipulation of energies added in which have a shaped frequencies-waveform aspect.

In a nutshell, this is why the music business is so tightly controlled, to the point of the correct frequencies being changed that humans normally use in their music, with regard to professional widespread use in the developed world. I could sit here all day and speak about the importance of frequency being the only and sole aspect that actually does join the dimensions together in a tangible way, but the essential thing to understand is the 'as above, so below', is driven by a frequency coupling at the base level.

Frequency, or oscillation of energetic systems....that is the point of energetic manipulation that crosses ALL boundaries.

Frequency, manipulation of frequency, manipulation of wave-shape of the frequency, and organization of the wave/energy (sympathetic coupling), and thus resonant coupled manipulation or it even can be expressed as "polarized hetrodyning" is what allows for dimensional energy egress.

Period.

There isn't anything else.

Ba-ba-Ra
20th September 2010, 17:48

Regarding raw meat: Just an observation - no fact - but I have a friend who is a vegetarian and when she acquired a small house dog, she made the dog a vegetarian as well. One day when the dog was a few years old a neighbor who was caring for him gave him some meat. The dog noticeably became more aggressive. When the dog's owner heard this, she tested it again, with same results.

Question: Does eating meat (especially red meat) make us more aggressive and the PTB know this and are promoting aggressiveness? If you are what you eat, and carnivores are aggressive by nature?!?!?

Regarding red meat for healing: Edgar Cayce once said that it's the color red on something that can promote healing and since raw meat is red and perhaps was readily available in ancient times, it was used.

Regarding Lady GaGa: I suspect as others have said that this was symbolic on many levels.

Regarding musicians: Since music raises one's vibrations, I'm not surprised that there are many on this sight. You musicians might find (if you haven't already) Erwin Laszlos (classical musician turned philosopher) lectures and essays on music interesting.

Keep on playing those great tunes, we so need you musicians.

Peace of Mind
20th September 2010, 17:50
Hi, guys,
The Music Industry, in this day and age is about destroying. Music has always been about expression and empowerment; it has been known to soothe the savage beast. Music is magical because it's controlled vibrations. The Indigenous used chants,humms,yells to create certain vibrations to change in the environment. It's all frequency manipulation, everything is made up of matter vibrating at various frequencies. I'm sure people dislike some songs but have a hard time stopping their bodies from moving to the music ( tapping feets, bopping heads, snappin fingers)...

TPTB knows how much of an influence music has on the people...they use it to manipulate the moods of the masses. Today’s record exec’s choose to promote certain artist in the mainstream. These artist are sell outs…selling out records of mass destruction. They make their living by promoting sex, drugs, alcohol, and violence. Not only are today’s songs commercials for liquor, clothing, and automobile companies….they’re used for worshipping pessimism, encouraging sadistic behavior.

Some of these artists may be blind to the grand scheme of things because the fame and bling bling is very distracting. They have no idea what a true artist really is, they have been trained to think being a bad-ass, displaying the devil horns, and other illuminati signs is cool. These record labels and mass media outlets have an agenda to convince the people to accept these negative vibes into their world thus keeping them in the lower frequencies. Movies, music, video games and nearly all forms of media are being used to cult-tivate the mind…especially the na´ve young mind.

The future can be seen in the crystal ball known as the Television. If we as a whole allow negativity to be our pastime and the inspiration for the youth…the future will be a very destructive one.

Peace

truthseekerdan
20th September 2010, 18:05

PS: That is not McCartney! Just me with 30 years of bad road removed. ;)

See?

http://fredsitelive.com/personal/FredAtFairS.jpg

This is me 2 yrs ago in a "Post Charlie Daniels" mode.

Fred

I had to jump in for this one...:sorry:

Fred, you really do look like your avatar! :p :lol:

Swami
9th November 2010, 01:19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZazEM8cgt0

truthseekerdan
9th November 2010, 03:26
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06Us2P15w3o