PDA

View Full Version : Don't Panic

Tangri
11th March 2013, 18:35
Google using new interact add on it's opening search page " DON'T PANIC "
When you click the lab tab, it shows , what should'n panic you. There were a lot of interesting clues there. Go and explore it your self, maybe your eyes lucky enough to more clear catch then mine.
You can see even big green faces.

Don't panic. If you noticed that your Google homepage looks a little different Monday morning, it's just a tribute to Douglas Adams. In honour of what would have been his 61st birthday, the mad minds over at Google created an elaborate Google doodle based on the writer's work, including the Hitchhiker's Guide To Galaxy.

The Douglas Adams Google doodle offers all sorts of bells and whistles. A click on the 'Don't Panic' button reveals the so-called Babel fish. If you click on the elevator on the left, the doors open to reveal Marvin the paranoid android. On the right you'll find a towel, which Adams fans will tell you is the "most massively useful thing" in the universe. Then there's a cup of tea, a reference to Adams' novel The Long Dark Teatime of the Soul.

Adams' ability to mix humour with science fiction earned him a rabid following. He did have a serious side, using his fame to bring attention to environmental causes.

http://www.vancouversun.com/entertai...#ixzz2NG8q0qgw

SilentFeathers
11th March 2013, 18:40
I seen this earlier today and found it to be quite odd, couldn't figure it out either....

RUSirius
11th March 2013, 18:52
Birthday of this guy Douglas Adams he was a writer, you can google him to find out more, but this is who google is referring to I believe

Tangri
11th March 2013, 18:54
some people ask ""?"" to the computer, after years they ask again and answer was " 42". DON"T PANIC

Tangri
11th March 2013, 18:57
Birthday of this guy Douglas Adams he was a writer, you can google him to find out more, but this is who google is referring to I believe

Isn't that ironic to celebrate a death man's birthday?

Kimberley
11th March 2013, 18:59
It is a google doodle commemorating Douglas Noel Adams birthday...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_Adams

Douglas Noel Adams(11 March 1952 – 11 May 2001) was an English writer, humorist, and dramatist. He is best known as the author of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, which started life in 1978 as a BBC radio comedy before developing into a "trilogy" of five books that sold more than 15 million copies in his lifetime, a television series, several stage plays, comics, a computer game, and in 2005 a feature film. Adams's contribution to UK radio is commemorated in The Radio Academy's Hall of Fame.[1]

Adams also wrote Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (1987) and The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul (1988), and co-wrote The Meaning of Liff (1983), Last Chance to See (1990), and three stories for the television series Doctor Who. A posthumous collection of his work, including an unfinished novel, was published as The Salmon of Doubt in 2002.

Adams became known as an advocate for environmentalism and conservation, and also as a lover of fast cars, cameras, technological innovation, and the Apple Macintosh. He was a staunch atheist, famously imagining a sentient puddle who wakes up one morning and thinks, "This is an interesting world I find myself in—an interesting hole I find myself in—fits me rather neatly, doesn't it? In fact it fits me staggeringly well, must have been made to have me in it!" to demonstrate the fallacy of the fine-tuned Universe argument for God.[2] Biologist Richard Dawkins dedicated his book The God Delusion (2006) to Adams, writing on his death that "Science has lost a friend, literature has lost a luminary, the mountain gorilla and the black rhino have lost a gallant defender."[3]

Born: March 11, 1952, Cambridge
Died: May 11, 2001, Santa Barbara

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Isn't that ironic to celebrate a death man's birthday?

Google does that all the time and has been for years...

Tangri
11th March 2013, 19:01
Moved to beginning of thread

Kimberley
11th March 2013, 19:57
Be sure to click on things more than once..it takes about 5 minutes to see all there is to see... have fun!

johnf
11th March 2013, 22:29
Don't Panic! I am mostly harmless!