PDA

View Full Version : Under Our Skin

CosmicKat
11th March 2013, 21:00
In the 1970s, a mysterious and deadly illness began infecting children in a small town in Connecticut. Today itís a global epidemic.

A real-life thriller, this shocking festival hit exposes the controversy surrounding chronic Lyme disease. Following the stories of individuals fighting for their lives, director Andy Abrahams Wilson reveals with beauty and horror a natural world out of balance and a human nature all too willing to put profits before patients.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2JgR_Jfbhv8

gaiagirl
12th March 2013, 05:30
Having been misdiagnosed for over 20 years (with various psychiatric disorders including hypochondria) and finally being tested for Lyme after I could no longer walk, talk, see, hear, or thing anywhere within normal limits...I had to literally beg for the proper test in the ER... then after two years of antibiotics, I saw this film.

IMHO it these folks did a fine job of getting the point across as to how misunderstood this disease is and how irresponsibly our (US) medical system has handled this epidemic.

I personally lost my marriage, most of my friendships, my life-savings, and my career as a Physician Assistant (just the tip of the iceberg)...I still have difficulty holding down menial jobs due to chronic relapses (especially during winter months when the sunshine is limited) and absence seizures.

I now seek out alternative medical treatments (when I can afford them) as the antibiotics (the only thing my insurance will cover) are killing me in other ways.

For anyone out there who suffers from Lyme, it has been my personal experience that the Chinese medicine approach is the most effective if one can stomach the remedies and eliminate (as best they can) their intake of sugars, caffein, nicotine, alcohol, and dairy products. And, spend as much time in the sunshine as you can...I recently learned that during the 1800's, in order to treat Syphyllis (which is extremely similar to Lyme in it's structure and function) folks were sent to plantations in Jamaica to work in the fields...they drank some locally plant derived concoction and sweat in the sun on a daily basis for a season and would be cured...Thanks for the post CK!

CosmicKat
12th March 2013, 11:06
I'm so sorry to hear of the horrible experience you've had to endure. Yes, Lyme Disease is one of the worst and yet most of the medical community is totally un-aware on not only how to diagnose it but treat it as well. My intention on posting this vid was so that others like you who are not familiar with Lyme Disease, it's side effects and what it can do, will become more aware of it's devistation.

I truely hope the best for you gaiagirl and hope that you can kick this disease.

Flash
12th March 2013, 13:56
I am truthfully sorry Gaiagirl for the pain you went throuigh and still are going through. Lyme is terrible and many are caught with it without knowing it.

The video cannot be viewed unless we sign on youtube, which I had never done yet. They write that the rating has not been given, therefore it could contain things that are not to be viewed. I bet anything that it is the title that aroused their suspicion automatically (word software).

CosmicKat
12th March 2013, 14:17
Hi Flash, I assure you that the video is 100% safe. I will provide a link to the original source which is from Top Documentary. I hope that you can view the video as it's riveting to say the least. :)

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/under-our-skin/

Flash
12th March 2013, 18:05
Hi Flash, I assure you that the video is 100% safe. I will provide a link to the original source which is from Top Documentary. I hope that you can view the video as it's riveting to say the least. :)

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/under-our-skin/

Thanks, sending the video to a few acquaintances with MS

I knew the video was safe, it is youtube who does not know. lol

There should be a collective lawsuit against the medical establishment, some lawyers could check into it, they would make lots of money, mostly with the death involved and the medical doctor lack of treatment while others have proven it exist.

Paul
12th March 2013, 23:38
The video cannot be viewed unless we sign on youtube, which I had never done yet.
I placed a copy of the video on my server, in MP4 format, which some may find more accessible:
http://thepythoniccow.us/Under Our Skin (SD).mp4

Sidney
13th March 2013, 00:12
Having been misdiagnosed for over 20 years (with various psychiatric disorders including hypochondria) and finally being tested for Lyme after I could no longer walk, talk, see, hear, or thing anywhere within normal limits...I had to literally beg for the proper test in the ER... then after two years of antibiotics, I saw this film.

IMHO it these folks did a fine job of getting the point across as to how misunderstood this disease is and how irresponsibly our (US) medical system has handled this epidemic.

I personally lost my marriage, most of my friendships, my life-savings, and my career as a Physician Assistant (just the tip of the iceberg)...I still have difficulty holding down menial jobs due to chronic relapses (especially during winter months when the sunshine is limited) and absence seizures.

I now seek out alternative medical treatments (when I can afford them) as the antibiotics (the only thing my insurance will cover) are killing me in other ways.

For anyone out there who suffers from Lyme, it has been my personal experience that the Chinese medicine approach is the most effective if one can stomach the remedies and eliminate (as best they can) their intake of sugars, caffein, nicotine, alcohol, and dairy products. And, spend as much time in the sunshine as you can...I recently learned that during the 1800's, in order to treat Syphyllis (which is extremely similar to Lyme in it's structure and function) folks were sent to plantations in Jamaica to work in the fields...they drank some locally plant derived concoction and sweat in the sun on a daily basis for a season and would be cured...Thanks for the post CK!

Hello Gaiagirl, Your story mimics my own very closely, timeframe and all. Veery sad what we have had to endure. That said, i have seen ppl so much eorse off than myself, which keeps me from totally losing hope. Lyme mimics any symptom on the planet, but it also makes us pre-disposed to deteriorating faster than normal aging. I too have lost many friends, mainly due to being too exhausted to keep up a friendship, 2 marriages, many jobs, but being sick forced me to do research, in which led to my ultimate awakening about how the world really is. Bitter-sweet I guess you could say.
Anyway, I really just wanted to say great post!! I am very sorry for your many losses. Verysincerely, your fellow Lymie..Worshipsthesun : )

eva08
13th March 2013, 04:52
MMS also helps eliminate Lyme -- I have no personal testimonial -- but the brochure mentions it

gaiagirl
18th March 2013, 10:57
Thank you all for your kind words and recommendations...

I have actually used MMS with much success (for a time) in eliminating symptoms...unfortunately, it did a number on my GI tract (as I got up to a higher dose) which is terribly damaged due to extended use of antibiotics and other treatments. Presently, I am using a combo of Andrographis, Cats Claw Bark, Reservatrol, Sarsaparilla, and Dandelion Root and finding much success with these. Combined with eating correctly (little to no sugar, dairy, caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, and processed foods) as well as Hylands Bioplasma mineral cell salts and most importantly, exposing myself to as much sunlight as possible, I am more hopeful than I have been in years. Ideally, I would still be under the treatment of Dr. Quang, a vietnamese monk now living and working out of his home in Bennington, VT. Trouble is, the treatment consists of various plant parts slowly simmered in 5 cups of h2o down to half a cup. The process takes 1.5 hours minimum and smells absolutely horrific. My landlord forbid me to cook it in my house anymore and I have no place else to do so. He believed that, because of my general good health otherwise, he could completely eliminate the Lyme from my system. I am hoping to be able to move somewhere this year where I can return to his treatment process.

After I finish (and publish) my present manuscript which is a program for recovering opiate addicts, the next project is one that covers this subject. Having to sleep a minimum of 12 - 15 hours a day makes progress ridiculously slow.

I do wish that more would watch Under Our Skin...that it would get more screen time across the country...about two years ago, I tried to get it shown at a local Movie theater that will allow one to rent the theater to show what they will and either sell tickets or have a free screening. Trouble was, they wanted $1200 up front. I tried to convince them of the imperativeness of getting this info out there but to no avail. As usual, it all comes down to money...

Ironically, at one time, maybe 15 years prior to my diagnosis, I had over $500,000 in the bank, a home, an ongoing education, a family, a life etc. and could afford whatever I needed in terms of dietary needs and supplements. By the time I was diagnosed, I was homeless with nothing and no one (not seeking pity, these are simply the facts)... my point is, I find it ironic on a daily basis that when I had the resources, I didn't have the diagnosis or the info I needed. Now that Lyme (and my own bad decision making) have taken away everything, I could really do some good with that money and would be willing to invest every dime to get that film seen across the nation and then some...funny how life works.

Anyway, I do have a job interview today with a respectable environmental firm...I haven't lost hope and will keep trying until the day I die to move forward with providing info to those who seek it.

I too dream of a mass class action law suit some day where I could get back some of the money I should be earning as a PA. Realistically, TPTB will never let that happen. Misdiagnosing Lyme is one of the major income streams for western medicine practitioners (well covered in the documentary). Ain't gonna happen. The system is far too corrupt. This is another irony: I earned a degree to be a Physician Assistant however, having gone through what I have, my eyes have been opened to the many levels of mass corruption of our medical system here in the states. Because of this, I could NEVER hold down a job within the system simply because I could never keep my mouth shut concerning the various injustices that occur and that I would bear witness to on a daily (if not hourly) basis. Again, life sure is funny...if one believes as I do that we create our own realities at a certain level, why on earth am I doing this to myself?

Many well wishes and infinite love to you all and friendship requests as well...

CosmicKat
20th March 2013, 14:40
Gaiagirl: I certainly commend you for all you're trying to do in healing yourself and of course for taking the herbal approach to easing your symptoms. Herbs are wonderous.

Too many people have exhaused their bank accounts in trying to achieve a proper diagnosis for Lymes disease. Doctors are just not educated enough these days. There are so many new illnesses out there now and in my opinion many Doctors are just not as qualified as they should be. I really think that these Doctors should be required to take a course every few years or so to brush up on the lastest illnesses and diseases so that we as patients get the proper care that we so deserve without on-going suffering and draining the bank accounts.

observer
20th March 2013, 18:41
In the 1970s, a mysterious and deadly illness began infecting children in a small town in Connecticut. Today itís a global epidemic.

A real-life thriller, this shocking festival hit exposes the controversy surrounding chronic Lyme disease. Following the stories of individuals fighting for their lives, director Andy Abrahams Wilson reveals with beauty and horror a natural world out of balance and a human nature all too willing to put profits before patients.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2JgR_Jfbhv8

Thank you CosmicKat, for the opportunity to show the members more conclusive evidence that our reality is being controlled - from an hyperdimensional source.

Any investigation into Lymes Disease (or for that matter, a broad spectrum of mysterious 21st Century diseases) must include foundational research into how Lymes Disease began. I offer two sources that name Plumb Island as the source of that bacteria. One might note that Plumb Island is a government run bacterial weapons research center, just a few short miles from Lyme, Connecticut. In the very early days, just after the Second World War, a high ranking Nazi biological weapons researcher named, Dr. Erich Traub, who was in charge of the Third Reich's virological and bacteriological warfare program in World War II, was stationed at Plum Island as part of the "operation paterclip" program. Was Traub involved with experiments that led to the spread of Lyme Disease?.... one can only speculate.

The reason this is connected to hyperdimensional manipulation relates to how the full Nazi Agenda, spans many centuries of time, making the larger picture nearly impossible for a single family, or even a whole group of families to continue such an horrific crime against humanity. I refer to the process of eugenics which is now continuing at quantum speeds. This is what Alex Jones and other researchers refer to as 'soft-kill'. It is only a very small piece to a much larger puzzle.

Research Resources:

Jesse Ventura - Investigates Plum Island -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Btcfl7MU61U
(move timer over to 11:25 for specific facts related to this comment)

Jeff Rense - Plum Island, Lyme Disease And Operation Paperclip - A Deadly Triangle
http://rense.com/general67/plumislandlyme.htm