PDA

View Full Version : The EVENT

illuminate
20th September 2010, 18:17
Tonight NBC premieres a new show called THE EVENT (http://www.nbc.com/the-event/)... more programming for the masses :p

The show's tag line is: WHAT WILL YOU BELIEVE?

Just think a secret so secret that the President of the United States of America is not on the Need-To-Know list—one that would change the course of history were it to become widespread public knowledge.

Also in the media... "UFOs: Generals, Pilots and Government Officials Go On the Record" (http://ufosontherecord.com/) is on the New York Times best seller list and last week a Vatican Astronomer released a statement in which he had said he would Baptize an Extraterrestrial, if one asked him to.

Interesting times!

THIRDEYE
20th September 2010, 18:22
i dont watch the tube at all im still researhing the hidden messages that pop on the screen for a second,the tube and all digital tv and radio i think they are not good for you!!!! just another way of keeping the population at bay by thier subliminal messages...thirdeye...love light and abundance

illuminate
20th September 2010, 18:26
Yeah me too... I quit TV 3 years ago and it totally changed my life for the better! It's no accident that they call it PROGRAMMING.

:love:

Dale
20th September 2010, 18:47
Yeah me too... I quit TV 3 years ago and it totally changed my life for the better! It's no accident that they call it PROGRAMMING.

I threw my television out on the day the "Digital TV Conversion" went into effect, so it's been just over a year.

When someone reinvents the wheel, I suppose they'll have to send me a telegram about it :p

Zook
20th September 2010, 19:46
Hi TCR,

I threw my television out on the day the "Digital TV Conversion" went into effect, so it's been just over a year.

When someone reinvents the wheel, I suppose they'll have to send me a telegram about it :p

I've largely shunned TV for news and entertainment. Still watch it for weather, sports, and TCM and Silver Screen Classics (they stopped making good movies once the 70's hit; good music once the 80's hit; and good wines probably once the last Teenth-century turned, but hey, that's another thread-in-waiting).

I'm trying to wean myself off sports, but being a sports nut from the age of single digits (NFL, especially), letting go of three hours every Sunday, actually six and sometimes nine ... is proving difficult. My football Patriots lost, my college Wolverines almost chunked it to a division II program, and Red Sox Nation has entered the December month of 2012, leaving me mired in negative energy for the better part of the weekend. Never fear! Project Avalon has worked the cavalry horses and turned my energy!!! Ben Hur would be proud!

Perhaps I should just chuck the TV altogether. The internet gives me everything I need anyways, from the five youTubian music bees: Bach, Beethoven, Brahms, Beatles and Bozart ... to chess ... to free energy blueprints. The TV mainly gives me pain and suffering. The decision should be easy. Alas, they of Powers That Be, have designed this thing exquisitely, a cathode syringe that pulls in any mindnumbing drug of choice and pushes it in deeply.

Yes, I really think I should. Hmmm ... what if simple chucking is not enough? Might have to rent a grand piano and fix me a ceiling winch just above the ... Yeah, like I was saying ... :crazy:

Cheers
Uncle Zook

Beth
20th September 2010, 19:51
Zook, huge sports nut here too. Huge Wolverine fan too, Saturday I was none too happy. Glad to see I'll have a sports buddy here too. I as well spend my weekends (probably a total of close to 24 hours) watching sports. Sometimes (or maybe I'm rationalizing, lol) that sports are a good way for me to release any aggression or anger I have. Better the TV, than people :p

Edit to add: Your username is also far too similar to the dreadful Illini coach :p

Fredkc
20th September 2010, 20:27
Poor zook 'n Beth...

Y'all go that close, and then...
You threw out every form of electronic mass programming, and then held on to the true "Opiate of the masses", football. Sigh...
Not even so much as a beer chaser (NASCAR)

Now, I do run a small post-madness group therapy session at my house. We meet every other Sunday. There is a pot luck dinner, the occasional 'adult beverage', and of course...
Formula 1 auto racing! :biggrin:

That said... Wife and I are movie junkies, 1st class.
But... We gave up network, or cable news and crap episodic TV shows back in 1987, and never looked back. Neither one of us have ever seen an episode of things like Seinfeld, Friends, ANY of the stupid cop shows, and not one single "reality show" (How can it be reality, if it has a script?)

What would these ppl do with their time, me wonders?
Fred

Arpheus
20th September 2010, 21:58
Hey zook are you in new england?I ask based on the sport teams your rooting for eheh,i have a regular sd TV,that i use to watch the occasional netflix movies here and there,and my son uses it to play videogames when he comes to my place,i use my PC almost 24/7 tho,i can care less about tv,i dont happen to have cable i only subscribe to my internet,and Fredkc,i used to love watching Formula 1 racing then Airton Senna the brazilian driver died and that was the end for me,it lost all the fun because he was the best driver ever so i quit watching after that.

Caren
21st September 2010, 01:13
We stopped watching about six months ago...its amazing how much reading, painting and fixing one can do with all that 'new' freed up time! My husband does miss the Formula 1 though. ;)

Beth
21st September 2010, 02:03
Gotta say, the first episode was pretty interesting.

Carmody
21st September 2010, 02:13
I've not had a TV for over 15 years, now.

What is this 'television' thing you speak of?

(It's actually only been about 11 years, but each time I tell the story, the fish gets bigger)

Arpheus
21st September 2010, 02:16
Beth your such a bad girl watching tv omg LOL hehe.

Beth
21st September 2010, 02:19
Beth your such a bad girl watching tv omg LOL hehe.

Arpheus, I am a very bad girl. I partake in these earthly pleasures, but all in the name of experimentation for research. Yeahhhhhhh, experimentation, that's the ticket!!!

Little Ishta
21st September 2010, 02:25
Ahem... even I watched it... it was interesting. I don't watch t.v. much but I had to see this. Rather read and surf the net.

truthseekerdan
21st September 2010, 03:08
Gotta say, the first episode was pretty interesting.

Anyone can tell what was that blast which made the airplane disappear?
To me it looked like some kind of torsion field (http://www.ufodigest.com/news/0809/torsion-field.php) described by Richard Hoagland. (http://www.enterprisemission.com/) :nod:

JMHO

Beth
21st September 2010, 03:27
To me it looked like some kind of torsion field (http://www.ufodigest.com/news/0809/torsion-field.php) described by Richard Hoagland. (http://www.enterprisemission.com/) :nod:

JMHO

It sort of seemed like a stargate. Interesting how that scene also seemed 9-11ish.

Mandala
21st September 2010, 03:28
Ok, I'll confess, I'm probably the only one, but I watch TV. It really keeps me in touch with what my students are in to, and what the public is seeing. I see merit in it only for information collection and some entertainment. It doesn't affect how I feel or what I know. I am more directed and on the path more now than ever before.

I see that show as somewhat intriguing. I will watch it again. If it does have to do with alien presence, something has to help to soften up and prepare the naysayers. Plus I enjoy something a little scifi much more than the regular BS stuff.

Beth
21st September 2010, 03:33
Ok, I'll confess, I'm probably the only one, but I watch TV. It really keeps me in touch with what my students are in to, and what the public is seeing. I see merit in it only for information collection and some entertainment. It doesn't affect how I feel or what I know. I am more directed and on the path more now than ever before.

I see that show as somewhat intriguing. I will watch it again. If it does have to do with alien presence, something has to help to soften up and prepare the naysayers. Plus I enjoy something a little scifi much more than the regular BS stuff.

Mandala, you aren't gonna get any judgment from me for watching tv. And yeah, I'm gonna watch the next episode too!

truthseekerdan
21st September 2010, 03:42
It sort of seemed like a stargate. Interesting how that scene also seemed 9-11ish.

Could very well be... however, we'll probably find out in the next episode(s). :)

BTW, if one don't have a TV you can watch it on nbc.com I believe.

Beth
21st September 2010, 03:45
Could very well be... however, we'll probably find out in the next episode(s). :)

Alright Dan! We'll be Event watching buddies!!! :p

truthseekerdan
21st September 2010, 03:49
Alright Dan! We'll be Event watching buddies!!! :p

I wanna be part of the Real Event!!! :p

Fredkc
21st September 2010, 06:12
Arpheus;
Sadly you missed 7 incredible years of Schumi.
I n a world of white knuckle, wide-eyed drivers, Michael Schumacher was always driving 20 seconds ahead, and thinking 5 laps ahead of anyone who ever got in a car. Now that he's back, all he needs is a decent car under him, and he'll do it again.

Caren... F1 is more important than any silly vow about TV. ;)

Fred

jaybee
21st September 2010, 09:04
Poor zook 'n Beth...

Y'all go that close, and then...
You threw out every form of electronic mass programming, and then held on to the true "Opiate of the masses", football. Sigh...

THIS is a very different football match, Fred....(starts at 6:50).......

You will enjoy this match I think......

wjopTv7_QKg&feature=related

AND......does anyone know if the first episode of The Event can be found on line?

I'd love to see it...

(I'm being lazy..lol....suppose I could look for it myself...BUT..if anyone has a link,
if there IS one?)

sojorner
21st September 2010, 10:11
ch131.com

soj

Arpheus
21st September 2010, 10:59
I see fred,well Schumacher couldnt touch Airton Senna when he was around, doesn't surprise me tho once Senna died after that accident that shumacher's era was on the horizons since there was no one else with enough skills to be a threat to Senna's driving skills,its only natural shumacher took the spot hehe.

viking
21st September 2010, 11:03
Arpheus;
Sadly you missed 7 incredible years of Schumi.
I n a world of white knuckle, wide-eyed drivers, Michael Schumacher was always driving 20 seconds ahead, and thinking 5 laps ahead of anyone who ever got in a car. Now that he's back, all he needs is a decent car under him, and he'll do it again.

Caren... F1 is more important than any silly vow about TV. ;)

Fred

Put Schumi in an ordinary car and he struggles!!

Put Senna in an ordinary car and he makes 'magic'...

Salt and pepper...one was hot and one was not...

Senna's was the man.

viking

jaybee
21st September 2010, 16:56
ch131.com

soj

THANKS for that.......:thumb:

Fredkc
21st September 2010, 17:13
So... Senna, or Schumacher.

"Well a certain amount of conflict is good in any conversation." - Elwood P. Dowd - Harvey
;)

frank samuel
21st September 2010, 18:05
For those that have not had a chance to see the first episode here's the web link.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/178536/the-event-i-havent-told-you-everything#s-p1-so-i0

illuminate
21st September 2010, 18:15
Thanks for the HULU link Frank.

I did watch it and I'm curious to see where it goes... especially considering how much hype it has gotten and the timing...
as we all know, TPTB like to hide things in plain sight :p

And... as Dan pointed out:

To me it looked like some kind of torsion field described by Richard Hoagland.

I'm very curious to see how they explain that.

truthseekerdan
21st September 2010, 18:42
Thanks for the HULU link Frank.

I did watch it and I'm curious to see where it goes... especially considering how much hype it has gotten and the timing...
as we all know, TPTB like to hide things in plain sight :p

And... as Dan pointed out:

I'm very curious to see how they explain that.

Hi illuminate and all, :yo:

I replayed that scene with the blast, and concluded with almost 100% certainty that it must have been a created torsion field since it 'sucked all the air' (created that intense wind) before it appeared, and it was also spinning...
Remember the spiral (http://www.enterprisemission.com/) in Norway?

JMHO

fifi
22nd September 2010, 04:05
xxxxxxxxxxx

Operator
22nd September 2010, 06:43
ch131.com

soj

Thanks that was very helpful !

I haven't watched television for over 3 years now. Anything on there I want to see I will find alternatively on the internet.
This way you can watch WHAT you want WHEN you want ... (and IF you want to)

jaybee
22nd September 2010, 09:55
For those that have not had a chance to see the first episode here's the web link.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/178536/the-event-i-havent-told-you-everything#s-p1-so-i0

Thanks.....That link wasn't available to the UK...but cheers anyway.

Will try the ch131.com...later.

holcaul
22nd September 2010, 13:40
Beth, Dan and others, I'm officially becoming your "The Event" buddy too!!!

As for the last scene where the airplane disappears into the torsion field, and Sophia, the alleged leader of the detained extraterrestrials, says to the president: "I haven't told you everything", I think she's going to tell him about the (what David Wilcock calls) "management" ETs that assist us and help us continue walking down the POSITIVE timeline.

What do you think guys?

These are truly interesting times!!!

Bill Ryan
22nd September 2010, 14:13
Hi, All:

After all the hype, I watched the pilot episode with some anticipation - and was profoundly unimpressed.

:)

Fredkc
22nd September 2010, 14:33
Hi, All:
After all the hype, I watched the pilot episode with some anticipation - and was profoundly unimpressed.

http://fredsitelive.com/fun/rofl.gif

DVR'd then watched it zooming the commercials.
I told my wife, "If that is the pace of 'disclosure' then our grand children will be dead, buried, and forgotten by the time they get to the point."

truthseekerdan
22nd September 2010, 14:49
Hi, All:

That's just your opinion Bill...

Please don't spoil the party. ;)

:bounce:

illuminate
22nd September 2010, 14:57
To be honest, I wasn't impressed either, but I don't think that is the point.
I'm not interested in how well it is produced, written, shot or acted... I'm interested in the message, the timing and the conditioning.

truthseekerdan
22nd September 2010, 15:00
To be honest, I wasn't impressed either, but I don't think that is the point.
I'm not interested in how well it is produced, written, shot or acted... I'm interested in the message, the timing and the conditioning.

I definitely agree with your statement here, Illuminate. ~ :love:

Beth
22nd September 2010, 15:40
Beth, Dan and others, I'm officially becoming your "The Event" buddy too!!!

You've got it!!!

.. I'm interested in the message, the timing and the conditioning.

Yep, exactly!

Operator
22nd September 2010, 15:56

Hi Bill,

Can you expand a little on that ? I did not watch it yet (so do not know what to expect).
You may have more insider knowledge than we do ... is it that the story line deviates a lot from reality or has nothing to do with reality at all ?
It might be an attempt to program us all in the wrong direction again .... Please tell us more.

Cheers,
op.

simmonscd
22nd September 2010, 16:01
I think the way I would put it would be... I am looking at it with the glasses that Jordan Maxwell uses. I am looking for symbols, messages, and meanings hidden in plain sight.

JoshERTW
22nd September 2010, 17:24
Was anyone else reminded of the Norway Spiral at the end of the 1st episode? It struck me immediately due to the following:

- I think the spiral was caused by some sort of ET/Haarp intervention vs. a Russian missle test (combination of two different theories really - seemed plausible to me) - In the show, its likely going in a similar direction re: who caused the 'blue vortex' to swallow the plane
- Obama was in Norway at the time for his peace prize acceptance, many thought it would also be a disclosure (or lay the groundwork for it) - in the Show, the 'president' is about to disclose something when the attack occurs

Not saying the Russians were 'attacking' Obama or that any of my theories are correct here, I just see some similarities between the Norway spiral and the plane getting sucked into the vortex in the first episode of The Event, and was wondering if anyone else had come to that conclusion. I'm sure many other interesting similarities will crop up too.

SPIRIT WOLF
22nd September 2010, 17:27

Unfortunately thats restricted to USA only, need find UK streamer

truthseekerdan
22nd September 2010, 17:54

Try this link Barry: http://www.nbc.com/the-event/

Let us know if it works in UK,

Dan

JoshERTW
22nd September 2010, 18:11
sidereel.com had a few links that worked outside of USA for me, don't have a direct link available I'm afraid.

Operator
22nd September 2010, 18:26

The link http://ch131.com/theevent101.htm worked for me (credits go to the O.P. of this link)

yiolas
22nd September 2010, 20:14
You can also watch all episodes here for free online. You can download if you like but it's just as good streaming.

http://www.watchtheeventonlinefree.com/

Eventhough, I rarely watch tv anymore either, except for cooking and diy shows, I'm curious to see where this series goes.

G.Deluca
22nd September 2010, 20:22
it's too soon for me to judge this show,but for now i'm unimpressed too,but i'll watch the second episode and see how the plot will unfold

Thodin303
24th September 2010, 17:49
Was anyone else reminded of the Norway Spiral at the end of the 1st episode? It struck me immediately due to the following:

- I think the spiral was caused by some sort of ET/Haarp intervention vs. a Russian missle test (combination of two different theories really - seemed plausible to me) - In the show, its likely going in a similar direction re: who caused the 'blue vortex' to swallow the plane
- Obama was in Norway at the time for his peace prize acceptance, many thought it would also be a disclosure (or lay the groundwork for it) - in the Show, the 'president' is about to disclose something when the attack occurs

Not saying the Russians were 'attacking' Obama or that any of my theories are correct here, I just see some similarities between the Norway spiral and the plane getting sucked into the vortex in the first episode of The Event, and was wondering if anyone else had come to that conclusion. I'm sure many other interesting similarities will crop up too.

Good eye Josh! That is a pretty interesting "coincidence".

Mandala
25th September 2010, 02:46
I think all these new TV shows and movies are testing the waters and preparing us for either a false flag event or disclosure. My 1st choice is a false flag. We are in the period of being de-sensitized for the shock of alien presence/ships.

Celine
25th September 2010, 11:22
Disclosure.... is big business...

Operator
25th September 2010, 14:04
I think all these new TV shows and movies are testing the waters and preparing us for either a false flag event or disclosure. My 1st choice is a false flag.

How about false flag disclosure ? I think that will cover it ...

P.S. I just realized you can read "false flag disclosure" from left to right but also from right to left ... :eek:

onawah
26th September 2010, 02:13
How about false flag disclosure ? I think that will cover it ...

P.S. I just realized you can read "false flag disclosure" from left to right but also from right to left ... :eek:

Huh? I get:
erusolcsid galf eslaf

Fredkc
26th September 2010, 03:10
Disclosure.... is big business...

I disagree.
I think hinting at getting ready to test the waters for thinking about disclosure, and predicting same is big business. ;)

Just like TV shows that make people wonder if this is "it" or a prep to "it", or will be "it".
"And now a word from our sponsors..."
Fred

kaliestar
26th September 2010, 06:31
I read about the vatican astronomer wanting to baptize an alien, hahhaa...that would be cuuuuuuute!!!! :bounce:

Beth
27th September 2010, 23:40
Okay, tonight's episode is at 9 EST. But just noticed something strange that I don't think I've ever seen happen before other than presidential addresses. Anyways, going through the guide, I noticed that the first episode from last week is being played on FOUR different channels this evening, all at 8 PM. On the Syfy, Oxygen, Chill, and Bravo networks. :spy:

illuminate
27th September 2010, 23:49
WOW Beth, that really is something!! Good notice...
and highly unusual for a premiere show to be shown on other networks like that.

I also noticed while watching the NPC Press Conference for a second time just now,
many of the ex air force vets refer to their UFO experiences as the 'event'

It's a VERY interesting feeling with all that is currently unfolding!

Beth
27th September 2010, 23:57
Hey Sweetie, good to see you back around here! Yeah, I was looking for something to watch at 8, and I'm like what the........

But yeah, things seem to be heating up, especially after today, should get very interesting!

Operator
28th September 2010, 01:50
Huh? I get:
erusolcsid galf eslaf

Very good !! but that is not what I meant of course .... :doh:

How about "disclosure of a false flag operation" ... :whistle:

truthseekerdan
28th September 2010, 02:14
Well, at least we found out that they're not earthlings, their DNA is only 1% different than ours, age slower and they're more advanced than us...;)

Beth
28th September 2010, 02:18
Well, at least we found out that they're not earthlings, their DNA is only 1% different than ours, age slower and they're more advanced than us...;)

Yep, I thought the episode was better than last weeks too.

Ki's
28th September 2010, 02:27
So far I’m enjoying this show and I have a sense that they are preparing the public for disclosure. However…I have this worry that ‘they’ (TPTB) plan to save disclosure and use it to shift the focus when push comes to shove on 9/11.
It would certainly make for a spectacular diversion.
Ki

holcaul
11th November 2010, 08:58
GUYS! We completely forgot about THE EVENT! This show slowly becoming a very good tool to inform the unawakened, as it presents an oversimplified and poorly written image of the truth.

PS
Who do you think those little girls are?

Scott
11th November 2010, 09:36
GUYS! We completely forgot about THE EVENT! This show slowly becoming a very good tool to inform the unawakened, as it presents an oversimplified and poorly written image of the truth.

PS

The little girls seem to be kidnap victims held hostage to make people do what the shadow organization wants.
If you remember that older guy (with the genetically modified flowers) talking with the hired gunman about the 2 adult hostages getting away, the old guy seems to be connected.

it was a simple story arc, kidnap peoples children then tell them to fly a plane into the president or they kill the kids.
But it gets more complicated when the children are shown to be aging prematurely,this leans to an Old Rich guy trying to find the gene of aging so he can reverse aging on his rich old arse.

my thoughts :)

JoshERTW
11th November 2010, 11:54
Aztar, I think youre correct re: that old guy trying to reverse ageing. Perhaps he's stealing alien DNA from the prisoners or something - I'd be willing to bet they'll go there (experiments with alien DNA was a big theme in the X-Files back in the day too).

yiolas
12th November 2010, 00:05
Wow ! just saw episode 07, they are really pulling out all of the stops.

Beth
12th November 2010, 01:02

PS

I'm gonna have to re-watch that episode, seems like I was distracted through much of it. We're still Event buddies!

Fredkc
12th November 2010, 01:16
Know what I think is hidden in The EVEnt?

About 17 minutes of commercials.

Fred

LacunaNox
12th November 2010, 01:58
Did anyone notice the 37 star flag in ep. 7? It was hanging on the wall behind that guys father in the office. It was brief and you only saw it in that scene.

Does anyone know the significance? Why a 37 star flag? Seemed quite deliberate, and the star formation was VERY odd.

Thodin303
16th November 2010, 05:07
Did anyone notice the 37 star flag in ep. 7? It was hanging on the wall behind that guys father in the office. It was brief and you only saw it in that scene.

Does anyone know the significance? Why a 37 star flag? Seemed quite deliberate, and the star formation was VERY odd.

That is very odd. In 1867, one star was added, representing Nebraska, bringing the total number of stars to 37.

The show has been very predictable so far. The main characters (Shawn and Leila) are very annoying. I find myself more interested in the alien characters and some of the bad guys, lol. /rant off

Anyways, tonights episode delved deeper into the story behind the Dempsey character. At the very end he looks at a mirror and you see his face turn younger than shift back again. Guessing he is some sort of hybrid or something. He is going through a lot of trouble to keep a lid on the alien thing. Hopefully they won't drag this out for to much longer...

Beth
16th November 2010, 05:15
Yeah, the shapeshifting thing was pretty interesting. Looking forward to where this leads.

LacunaNox
16th November 2010, 05:18
Shapeshifting Reptile perhaps? Irregardless it seems have another, separate alien faction involved. I really am starting to believe that The Event is a form of unofficial disclosure.

BrianEn
16th November 2010, 06:37
I will be watching next week for sure.

cloud9
16th November 2010, 19:39
I don't know about the rest of you but the old guy makes me think of Rockefeller... could it be they are portraying him?

Kra
16th November 2010, 20:22
I don't know about the rest of you but the old guy makes me think of Rockefeller... could it be they are portraying him?

That was my first thought when i saw the man behind the assassination attempt.

LacunaNox
16th November 2010, 22:08
Hmm good call... I love that... Rockefeller...

shadowstalker
17th November 2010, 00:24
I think i will wait for it to get to DVD

slipknotted
20th January 2011, 03:36
i like the term boob-tube ha ha mothers milk. get it thats funny ? but i do like the event but better yet SG1 on syfy or caprica also on syfy. what the frack