PDA

View Full Version : We didn't own an Ipad

iceni tribe
14th March 2013, 20:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeEWtNaW6KE

if you lived through the 70s /80s in the uk this may bring back some memories .

When we were all in blissful ignorance!

crosby
14th March 2013, 21:15
ahhhhh. those were the days. thanks iceni tribe. very nostalgic.
warmest regards, corson

Corncrake
14th March 2013, 21:29
So enjoyed that - thanks! Do you remember Sinclair's C5 which was going to be the answer to our traffic problems? I had a friend who invested in them - needless to say didn't make a penny!

lookbeyond
14th March 2013, 22:32
Loved it!! Thanks so much,

lookbeyond

mcat911
14th March 2013, 23:16
Really enjoyed that! I agree that it was one of the best eras to be growing up in, I badly needed a Chopper bike (that's what I thought at least)

Thanks for that :) Happy times

ghostrider
15th March 2013, 00:51
our TV got three channels and we only watched on weekends, the rest of the time we were outdoors ...no one had cell phones, no one carried guns, it was baseball and classic rock concerts in the summer... 1980 was bliss ... what the hell happened ???

Carmody
15th March 2013, 01:02
our TV got three channels and we only watched on weekends, the rest of the time we were outdoors ...no one had cell phones, no one carried guns, it was baseball and classic rock concerts in the summer... 1980 was bliss ... what the hell happened ???

Regan .

aranuk
15th March 2013, 01:58
I remember when there were no mobiles life went on if I phoned my girlfriend and we agreed to meet tomorrow at 7pm at a certain place, that's what happened. My mates would agree to meet at a certain pub on friday and that's where we met. Nowadays everything changes by the minute. You phone someone now and we agree to meet somewhere in two hours time, one of us gets a call from someone else who can't make it there so we agree to meet somewhere else that suits them and you have to phone the first friend to tell him that plan has been changed and now we are meeting somewhere else. Life is much more complicated now when in short it should be less so with all the communication appliances around.
Whooe.

Stan

Paranormal
15th March 2013, 03:14
I remember when there were no mobiles life went on if I phoned my girlfriend and we agreed to meet tomorrow at 7pm at a certain place, that's what happened. My mates would agree to meet at a certain pub on friday and that's where we met. Nowadays everything changes by the minute. You phone someone now and we agree to meet somewhere in two hours time, one of us gets a call from someone else who can't make it there so we agree to meet somewhere else that suits them and you have to phone the first friend to tell him that plan has been changed and now we are meeting somewhere else. Life is much more complicated now when in short it should be less so with all the communication appliances around.
Whooe.Stan
Yes, indeed! In the 1980s people had routines - Fri Nite drinks, Sat night movies, Sun family dinner - no need to call and change every 5 mins. People had relationships and friendships without texting and calling every 5 mins. Things worked well, and if someone didn't show-up home we all made sure they were OK. Although my childhood was horrible, the era was more friendly than now.

westhill
15th March 2013, 13:24
still don't own an Ipad...
and thankfully never did the big hair thing!

Great video, is that you singing??

sirdipswitch
15th March 2013, 14:17
I grew up in the dirt. On a farm. We didn't get Televission, until I was 10. Our evening entertainment, was sitting around the "Radio" listening to Jack Benny, or Amos and Andy. I was 14 when we got our first "Telephone"!

Durring the daytime, out in the dirt, we had to use our "Immaginations", for entertainment!

Remember not so long ago, that if you were out and about, you had to use a "PayPhone" to call someone. Can you now, even think where one is?

Mulder
16th March 2013, 06:33
I grew up in the dirt. On a farm. We didn't get Televission, until I was 10. Our evening entertainment, was sitting around the "Radio" listening to Jack Benny, or Amos and Andy. I was 14 when we got our first "Telephone"!

Durring the daytime, out in the dirt, we had to use our "Immaginations", for entertainment!

Remember not so long ago, that if you were out and about, you had to use a "PayPhone" to call someone. Can you now, even think where one is?

I grew up with no phone too as my parents didn't see the need for it. I moved to a nearby city to attend High School and lived in a house with a phone for the first time in my life. I remember liking the phone and calling to find out what movies were on, etc.