PDA

View Full Version : miracles

Chester
25th March 2013, 12:03
miracles happen all the time.

some of us see them happen but cannot make them happen.

those who are closed to the possibility of miracles, do not see them.

those who are open, no longer experience them because what they experience are no longer miracles.

miracles do not exist.

we just wish they did.

markpierre
25th March 2013, 12:26
Miracles do occur Chester. I wouldn't say they exist other than in potential, and that's imaginary. That's the wish part. Wanting them for a purpose other than the one they serve.
Wanting to see them while looking at the ground.

You're right, they're not miraculous at the level at which they occur.
At that level it's normal. What's miraculous is how an ordered reality loses it's deathly grip on itself enough to allow them to be recognized.
That's your mind that allows that. There must be something ticking in there besides a clock.

christian
25th March 2013, 12:49
Is this some kind of Zen? :cool:

Like when you're open to the true magical potential or to miracles, they're so ubiquitous that it's just natural, so there are no "miracles" anymore, because the term "miracle" commonly refers to something exceptional or unexplainable.

So talking about "miracles" implicitly kind of creates a state of mind in which you may be somewhat disconnected from that natural state of abundance.

Trying to make sense of Wookieish... :biggrin1:

TQIwEZlOzp4

Sidney
25th March 2013, 13:34
Mind if I add one to your list?

Miracles happen, just not to everyone, everyday. : )

thunder24
25th March 2013, 13:56

those who are open, no longer experience them because what they experience are no longer miracles.

miracles do not exist.

we just wish they did.

its all about perspective and definitions.... you may think that the digestive process inherent in man is not a miracle.... but its damn close to it to me...

peace

Chester
25th March 2013, 14:34
zen - funny you say that, christian, as the other day someone asked me if I had to classify myself, what would I classify myself as? I blurted out - "a zen bhuddist," even though I have no idea what a zen bhuddist might be nor have I knowingly studied "zen." But the uncanny synchronicity here could be called a miracle, yes? Or is it just the ruler of the material realm (the so called demiurge) just having fun with one of his pinocchios (me) by manipulating my mind and yours such that we say , "WoW!"?

yes... all these words are nothing but bs (and because I write them, I must enjoy believing they are necessary... hahaha).

anything that happens that you cannot explain, is a miracle. But once you explain how it happens (and we always eventually do), they are no longer miracles.

but what could a wookiee know anyways?

Knowrainknowrainbows!
25th March 2013, 14:38
I've always liked this perspective ....

“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
― Albert Einstein

KRKR
:hippie:

Chester
25th March 2013, 14:46
when I am in a good mood, I live the latter. when not, like today, I subscribe to the former. wouldn't it be boring if we were all always the same? something to chew on...

greybeard
25th March 2013, 14:47
Miracles do happen-- you cant make them happen but you can ask for one.
Ask anyone in AA who has been sober for a period of time what a miracles is and there looking at you is your answer.
In that situation asking for help with humility from rock bottom will almost guarantee the miracle of the sober alcoholic.

Chris

Eram
25th March 2013, 14:56
Look, Justonewookie has learned the art of writing short post............

it's a miracle, hallelujah!! :dance3:

Chester
25th March 2013, 15:17
wow - you (eram) cracked me up!!! haha Well... at least I now know what to do the rest of the day (Chapter 9,361 in process already).

Yes, greyest of beards - can't argue with that one (14 months now - definitely a miracle)

greybeard
25th March 2013, 15:28
Congratulations Chester.
With love Chris

GloriousPoetry
25th March 2013, 15:29
Miracles divine breakthroughs
fulfilling grace, transgressing fate,
and silently resting in fatih,
what marvelous make......

DeDukshyn
25th March 2013, 15:50
Agreed with the OP,

It is only a miracle when one does not understand the mechanics of what is happening. One who rejects the miracle notices a greater incidence of "coincidence" than those who accept the miracle as natural. Miracles can happen on many levels; common ones happen on a purely psychological and practical level and can be explained as perceptual phenomenon.

I see many miracles happening on almost a daily basis, but the vast majority go completely unnoticed by most.

My 2 cents ;)

Jake
25th March 2013, 15:53
Quite a profound statement.
I have experienced miracles... Each time, more amazing than the first. The levels of personal joy are what we are wishing for. And miracles are an 'eye of the beholder' sort of thing, completely different from person to person. Some will believe it when they see it, others will see it when they believe it. either way, if you do not allow yourself to experience joy, miracles do not matter! I am definitely open to miracles,,, I am on the side of the fence that is likely to see miracles in most things.
For example: Greybeards signature,,, "A charity to help African Children become self sufficient. http://www.learningtoolsforselfdevelopment.co.uk/" We can help the children of Africa become self sufficient through web sites, and donations. Not so much a miracle for the informed. But you cannot tell that to a child who is able to change their lives in such an amazing way, that there are not miracles, nor can you tell that to the educators, and administrators of such a project,,,, they are seeing miracles every day too. And,,,, we make it happen!! It is a beautiful dance!

PurpleLama
25th March 2013, 17:16
Yes, miracles are normal, surrounding us all the time if we choose to see, if it seems unmiraculous, look further and another whole level of miraculous nature waits behind what you thought you knew before. The eyes, they must be ever opened wider, for the miracle of universe is so much further than our very human eyes can see.

Deega
25th March 2013, 18:21
Thanks Justonewookiee, first I thought that we would have an idea of what ''miracle'' means and it origin. In Dictionary.com, here is the definition and the origin.

mir·a·cle [mir-uh-kuhl] Show IPA
noun
1. an effect or extraordinary event in the physical world that surpasses all known human or natural powers and is ascribed to a supernatural cause.

2. such an effect or event manifesting or considered as a work of God.

3. a wonder; marvel.

4. a wonderful or surpassing example of some quality: a miracle of modern acoustics.

5. miracle play.

Origin:

1125–75; Middle English miracle, miracul (< Old French miracle ) < Latin mīrāculum, equivalent to mīrā ( rī ) to wonder at + -culum -cle2

When one look at the ''Origin'', it's comprehensible that the definition above would stand on the knowledge of time!

All the best to everyone.

greybeard
25th March 2013, 18:40
Quite a profound statement.
I have experienced miracles... Each time, more amazing than the first. The levels of personal joy are what we are wishing for. And miracles are an 'eye of the beholder' sort of thing, completely different from person to person. Some will believe it when they see it, others will see it when they believe it. either way, if you do not allow yourself to experience joy, miracles do not matter! I am definitely open to miracles,,, I am on the side of the fence that is likely to see miracles in most things.
For example: Greybeards signature,,, "A charity to help African Children become self sufficient. http://www.learningtoolsforselfdevelopment.co.uk/" We can help the children of Africa become self sufficient through web sites, and donations. Not so much a miracle for the informed. But you cannot tell that to a child who is able to change their lives in such an amazing way, that there are not miracles, nor can you tell that to the educators, and administrators of such a project,,,, they are seeing miracles every day too. And,,,, we make it happen!! It is a beautiful dance!

Thank you Jake for the mention of the charity and observation. I suspect few read signatures.
Rosaline, my wife, through the kindness of Avalon members and others has sent PCs, books and all manners of learning aids to the benefit of pupils in Cameroon.
Chris

Jake
25th March 2013, 18:47
Rosaline is a hero, and a miracle worker!!! So are you, Chris. There ARE things we can do. Thank you for all that you, and Rosaline do for the healing of people. It does not go unnoticed... jake.

Camilo
25th March 2013, 18:48
Miracles happen, whether we recognize them or not, and they are a blessing in disguise.

Prodigal Son
25th March 2013, 18:50
It is my understanding that miracles, as they are represented in religion, are designed to be another Golden Calf that keeps us from enlightenment. Just like we think we need an external Saviour, we are led to believe that only Saviours can perform such miracles and the ability is far removed from us. In the meantime right in amongst the Scriptures he plainly says his disciples will do things greater than he did. Knowledge of metaphysical science makes anything possible. Everything is energy and it can be manilpulated for good or evil. Black Magic / White Magic.

The absurdity is that one must believe that only Jesus and his Apostles were blessed with powers to perform benevolent or White Magic, and everybody else gets their talents from the Devil.

This is why learning critical thinking skills is of paramount importance.

Jake
25th March 2013, 18:57
The absurdity is that one must believe that only Jesus and his Apostles were blessed with powers to perform benevolent or White Magic, and everybody else gets their talents from the Devil.

Wow, very well put! At some point, the idea of a 'miracle' was put up onto some divine platform. Also, at some point, Jesus was put on some divine platform. These ideas were taken from the ordinary and given a 'divine' understanding. Jesus was a person, and miracles happen all of the time!!

This is why learning critical thinking skills is of paramount importance. BRAVO!!!!

Chester
25th March 2013, 22:28
Thanks for the great posts. They have lifted my very down spirits. Thanks for the e-book REILLY. I am convinced I was wrong about miracles...

Now back to monster posts!

Knowrainknowrainbows!
25th March 2013, 23:08
Regarding the notion of coincidences, serendipity, or miracles ... This is an uplifting book with true life examples ... Godwinks ;)

1inMany
25th March 2013, 23:45
I don't know, Chester, we can make miracles, too, can't we?

Much Love,

ghostrider
26th March 2013, 02:43
it depends on your perspective... I smashed into a stationwagon head on at 45 mph with a ford festiva 5 speed (little car) ... it put the engine in the front seat and I broke the windsheild out with my head but, walked away without a scratch or bruise ... my car was a total loss ... was that a miracle ??? or not ??? T-boned a car with my truck and another total loss, not a scratch on me, involved in a five car head on at 60 miles per hr , total loss , again not a scratch , all my wrecks were exactly 10 yrs apart, miracles happen my friend , we needed 500 bucks to go home for christmas, I told her the great spirit will provide, that day she freaked out telling me she found 500 dollars in the top drawer, we needed 2.25 dollars for diapers when we were really poor, she crying in walmart because we were short, A stranger walked up put money in her hand and turned and walked away, it was exactly the amount she needed, I prayed for an angel to watch over my family while I was on manuvers, my five year old son told me while I was gone a man with wings was standing in my room while I was gone, I lost my job, was behind on rent and they cut off my electric, that next day I got another job and a home and my friends moved me while I was at my new job and when I went home to move, they had already moved everything and put it in place I walked up the screen door and my friend handed my my new house key ... yeah my new job gave me a place to live and bills paid rent free, I predicted the Irag war in apr 1990 and it scrared the crap out of my friends, I talked to a stranger about the spirit, she was in her backyard , and I walked up and started talking, and the first thing she said was, strange I was just sitting here wishing God would send me someone to explain things about the spirit/God to me ... I moved to Tennessee and stated I will have a job in two weeks and a place to stay, and it did happen, four years later I felt guided to leave for home again, and the next week the area where I lived in Nashville flooded with over five feet of water, we would have drowned ... shall I go on ?? the spirit moves me, I hated my first sargent, I wished he would be fired, the spirit told me to tell him he was fired, ( in front of the whole company) I didn't, twenty minutes later he was removed from command, and I got a lesson in following the spirit ...My stepson shot himself point blank in the chest with a 9mm pistol, the spirit told me he would be fine, everyone else thought he was done, he lived and is doing fine now , the doctors can't believe he didnt hit an artery, or his spine, or a major organ ... I left a job for another, and the next week the old company sold the site and everyone but me was out of work because I followed the spirit , when it says move you move... your life is not yours , you are part of a plan, not for you to understand , you just learn to listen and follow ...the world would be a better place , if people dropped their ego and humbled themselves and follow the gentle nudge of the great spirit ...it speaks all the time, few listen, ears to hear but they do not hear, eyes to see but they do not see ... straight is the gate and narrow is the way and few there be that find it ... that's enough for today, I got alot more, ALOT ... I am like the modern day forest gump, you wouldn't believe my life, you really wouldn't ... I worked for the Rockefeller family on their private ranch in N.C. I met the richest kid in thailand, and the CEO of the richest company in mexico, I met the largest cattle farmer in the U.S. Bob Modell, his sister cookie owns a diamond mine in Africa, I'm just a lowly repairman from oklahoma , that barely graduated and can't spell worth a dang ... translation I'm a living miracle, I should have been dead long ago , the way I lived ...I've stared at a shotgun from the wrong end, jumped form an airplane with the 82nd airborne at fort bragg N.C. carried millions when I drove an armored car, fell ill with yellow fever in an army experiment at fort bragg, had UFO's park right above our humvee , seen delta forces training ground in person at fort bragg, seen the shadow people in cameron N.C. Their are miracles ... or I just had a bad dream for 48 years ...

Knowrainknowrainbows!
26th March 2013, 02:54
Wow, ghostrider. All I can say is
:jaw:

Anchor
26th March 2013, 03:00

miracles do not exist.

we just wish they did.

Thinking with cunning you are.

1st and 5th sentences contradiction you have made, but inspect closely you must, for different groups of people they refer.

LOL

Chester
26th March 2013, 03:29

miracles do not exist.

we just wish they did.

1st and 5th sentences contradiction you have made, but inspect closely you must, for different groups of people they refer.

LOL

You win the prize - was intentional...

I always knew you were Yoda. ;)

and ghostrider - "Holy WoW!" Loved that post, dude... loved it.

thunder24
26th March 2013, 05:02
D9V9DPKu8hg

ghostrider, it doesn't matter if i do or not, but I believe you, and indeed..wow..

MargueriteBee
26th March 2013, 05:48
One afternoon I tripped over a shoe and strained my ankle. I could not walk on it. It hurt like heck but it was time for church so with help I went. Half an hour later we are praying for my ankle and it happened. I felt an electrical tingling in my ankle and it was healed. I got up and jumped up and down on it!

Nanoo Nanoo
26th March 2013, 06:30

miracles do not exist.

we just wish they did.

LOL

Present indicatives , contradicting they are .. hmm naughty wookie he was ..

cook dinner i must .. yes

hmmm

lol you card

N

araucaria
26th March 2013, 09:30
Thanks for the great posts. They have lifted my very down spirits. Thanks for the e-book REILLY. I am convinced I was wrong about miracles...

Now back to monster posts!

The trouble with some miracles is they don't last very long ;)

But Chester is a walking miracle: a self-aware psychopath - must be one of a kind, let's find some more.

conk
27th March 2013, 18:57
Ask anyone in AA who has been sober for a period of time what a miracles is and there looking at you is your answer.
In that situation asking for help with humility from rock bottom will almost guarantee the miracle of the sober alcoholic.

ChrisChris, we know who says AA rates very high on the scale of consciousness, don't we. ;) AA flowed from the Grace of God and does work.

Miracles used to be par for life. As tyrants and dictators and church doctrine wrested control of our thinking, they became rare. That's the secret of life that they hide from us, telling us we must reach out to some higher authority for our miracle or salvation. F them! We are magnificent and powerful. Now, where did I put my car keys?

greybeard
27th March 2013, 19:17

ChrisChris, we know who says AA rates very high on the scale of consciousness, don't we. ;) AA flowed from the Grace of God and does work.

Miracles used to be par for life. As tyrants and dictators and church doctrine wrested control of our thinking, they became rare. That's the secret of life that they hide from us, telling us we must reach out to some higher authority for our miracle or salvation. F them! We are magnificent and powerful. Now, where did I put my car keys?

Indeed Conk.
Mind you as your own vibration rises the miracles start to happen in your own life.
You attract them ---but you can also obstruct them by not believing you deserve them.
If I really need, as opposed to wanting, I write down "I have X on a certain date" any date that's relevant.
For example I was going to be homeless on 1st July 2008. I wrote " I have a council house July 1st"
I was no 6034 on the housing list--- Late June I was offered the house I am in.
My friends could not believe it.
There was a whole series of coincidences that came into play for me to get the house.
I could not have made it happen---it was truly a miracle.
If no house had materialised I would have ended up in a hostel.

Chris

conk
27th March 2013, 19:23
So Chris set forth his desire and intention, then stood back and allowed Grace to manifest his desires into reality. Fear and doubt are the hindrance to miracles. He did not ask for it or beg for it, otherwise he would have remained in a state of wanting and lack. He made a firm, remarkable testament to it already having happened. Being there is no space and time, and no linear world, Source made it real in the next quantum moment.

Chester
27th March 2013, 21:54
I don't know, Chester, we can make miracles, too, can't we?

Much Love,

From my own personal experience, I have found how to create the fertile ground from which "miracles" spring forth. I even have taught this method to some folks I known who have asked me how I generate these miracles. In some cases, these folks later came back to me with their own miraculous experiences. Strangely though and in almost every case, when i reveal my humanity by simply being human, I find most folks turn on me. They see me as a witch and they have the urge to run or burn me! haha - But i don't care because I am pretty much a psychopath and enjoy twisting people up and stirring up trouble. the biggest miracle I ever experienced to date is... still being alive!

My specialty is in generating the environment from which massive, all but impossible synchronicities arise. Within the synchronicity specialty is the numerical synchronicity specialty. I have loads of documentation related to this type of "miracle."

Now the question is this... is it really a miracle or, could it be something we do that most of us do not yet know the exact physics as to how we do it. This is what I believe and why my OP appeared to be contradictory. It was actually intentional to show that both statements can be correct depending only upon your point of view. And anyone who has read enough of my posts knows my approach to life is as a "point of view shifter" (far worse than a simple shape shifter). I do so all the time. I do so within the same sentence even. Because... if you really meditate about this - when we focus our mind onto anything and derive even one single thought about that thing, there is inherent in this process that we are coming from a specific point of view.

In the end I have no doubt "we" will understand the physics of all action and all things. Unless this dream machine is like I hope it is... the never ending search for the final mystery that can never be found. I suspect this is precisely what we are dealing with "within form." And within physical form (when we are in our waking state) the dream is thicker but is still a dream.

I find the stupidest thing I do is to take any of it seriously... it is only when i do so, I get in trouble. And, what i have found is, the more serious I take "waking reality" the less synchronicity I experience and the more boring is my experience. In fact, I hate when I get into those "taking life serious" ruts.

1InMany - you are super cool. I read lots of your posts in the Here and Now. My sister lives in East Texas near Canton... I offer you an open invitation to tell me where to meet ya for lunch and I'll buy! I am in Dallas these days.

Take Care and keep those miracles flowing... Chester

Chester
27th March 2013, 22:03

We have come to call these things "miracles" in part because we, as yet, are unable to explain them... but for me, these events are no longer miracles... they are confirmations of an infinite magnitude. When I have a day with fewer than 100 consciously recognized "miracles" I feel that day was lost.

EDIT:

All these posts are super fantastic and uplifting and I have no doubt all 100% true.

This is a thread I will save for those down days.