PDA

View Full Version : The good old days

aranuk
26th March 2013, 01:39
I have just watched a couple of war films during the second world war where the great American Army was liberating the oppressed nations from a Nazi and a Japanese occupation.

I was born in 1946 just after this war. I watched hundreds of war films whilst growing up. I remember as a child watching these films in the cinema that the Americans were looked upon by the rest of the world as liberators who were worshipped by the oppressed peoples of these nations. I felt too that that was the case.

I remember when President JFK was assassinated and that was the end to my admiration of the American system. It was obvious to me as a young man of 17 that it wasn't a Japanese or for that matter a Nazi that murdered the American President but an American. This to me is a crucial time where the American system was corrupted. No longer was an American presence in a foreign country there for good honest reasons but other clandestine reasons.

Since I was too young to remember the Korean war and the reasons for that fiasco, I do remember the Vietnam war and all the horrors that went on there unfortunately. What went on in USA that changed their policies abroad? Did the reversal of interests occur directly after the war, with the new super power USSR? What social or political or financial conditions led to this change?

I feel sad today that American citizens cannot travel abroad and be respected by the hosts of the countries they visit. Wherever I go in the world I am NOT disrespected because of my nationality.

I am Scottish and a nation such as mine has never invaded another nation except England. Our nation of young men have been "forcefully" recruited into the English army to fight for them all over the world.

Thankfully the soldiers or the innocent people the English have massacred over many years haven't noticed there were Scottish men dressed in red coats. The Romans did the same thing by recruiting different peoples to join their ranks in battles.

My plea to the American people is this: Restore your honour abroad by being diligent in changing your system back to an honourable one, please.

Stan

Lefty Dave
26th March 2013, 02:09
Greetings aranuk,
We here in usa would love to return to the 'old days' when our Constitution was in force, when politicians worked for the good of all, when America was populated by families...who raised their children to love one another...where a man could work in a field of his choice...and then, upon that certain age, could rest and retire to enjoy the fruits of his many years' labor...and live out his life in honor and dignity...
However, since the turn of the last century (1900), all this was slowly eroded, and at the turn of this century (2000), it was destroyed completely...and we have nothing left here but a shell of what used to be. America is no more.

It won't be coming back. It's over. Any American with a lick of sense knows this. The rest have the ostrich syndrome!

As an aside, my Grandfather, Granny's second husband, and the man who raised me, was a Scotsman, 32 mason, Knights'Templar, Tool and Die man, President of Detroit Tooling Assoc for many years, name was Bathgate, and family came from the city of the same name in Scotland a hundred years ago.

Thanks for your post here...and many blessings.

mosquito
26th March 2013, 03:43
Hi Stan, some interesting points. I also grew up watching the same films, but saw through the propoganda. From an easrly age, my belief has been that the USA delayed entering WWII in order to allow Britain to be crushed as a world power, and to then come along, take the credit and steal centre stage.

Having said that, like most other Brits (I'm an evil Englishman by the way !) I always loved the USA; I used to work as a consultant in an I.T. company which sub-contracted to IBM and I taught IBM customer clases all over the USA. In July 1990, in Dallas, one of my students was married to a cop, and he took me out to the spot where Kennedy was shot and told everything he knew about the incident (nothing new to add BTW). I was strongly aware of what I can only call an energetic warp, it was the strongest sensation I'd ever had, (much stronger than being in heavily haunted places for example) and I knew that world history had changed, dramatically, at the place I stood.

I'm not so sure that the rot is a new phenomenon though; a couple of years ago I read "The House of Seven Gables" by Nathaniel Hawthorne (published in 1851) and there was a line therein (which of course I didn't write down and can't remember exactly) which very clearly shows that the author thought the belief in "choosing" the president was a sham. Any further doubt can be removed by reading the wonderful Mark Twain, who was by no means convinced of his country's greatness.

My hope is that one day, instead of being a pariah, a hypocrite, a self-centred paranoid bully and a liar, the USA will be able to acknowledge the existence and validity of other cultures and join the human family as an equal, and to contribute to our evolution, our growth and our universal happiness.

I also ought to say that I don't believe the "problem" is an American one, it's a human one; everywhere you look you can see examples of groups who elevate themselves to an exalted status (doctors, church authorites, some scientists, corporations, bankers, politicians) and then believe themselves to be above the law, above the rest of humanity. Replacing the USA with yet another country which believes in it's own pre-destined right to world domination (be that Britain, China or Russia) IS NOT a solution.

spiritguide
26th March 2013, 04:02
Stan, I agree and here is history repeating itself.....

bjSpO2B6G4s

Good message to all....

:peace:

aranuk
3rd April 2013, 21:40
Greetings aranuk,
We here in usa would love to return to the 'old days' when our Constitution was in force, when politicians worked for the good of all, when America was populated by families...who raised their children to love one another...where a man could work in a field of his choice...and then, upon that certain age, could rest and retire to enjoy the fruits of his many years' labor...and live out his life in honor and dignity...
However, since the turn of the last century (1900), all this was slowly eroded, and at the turn of this century (2000), it was destroyed completely...and we have nothing left here but a shell of what used to be. America is no more.

It won't be coming back. It's over. Any American with a lick of sense knows this. The rest have the ostrich syndrome!

As an aside, my Grandfather, Granny's second husband, and the man who raised me, was a Scotsman, 32 mason, Knights'Templar, Tool and Die man, President of Detroit Tooling Assoc for many years, name was Bathgate, and family came from the city of the same name in Scotland a hundred years ago.

Thanks for your post here...and many blessings.

Hi Dave, Bathgate is 18 miles to the west of Edinburgh. Almost between here and Glasgow. My mother came from near there and went to school in Bathgate.

Stan

aranuk
3rd April 2013, 21:46
Hi Stan, some interesting points. I also grew up watching the same films, but saw through the propoganda. From an easrly age, my belief has been that the USA delayed entering WWII in order to allow Britain to be crushed as a world power, and to then come along, take the credit and steal centre stage.

Having said that, like most other Brits (I'm an evil Englishman by the way !) I always loved the USA; I used to work as a consultant in an I.T. company which sub-contracted to IBM and I taught IBM customer clases all over the USA. In July 1990, in Dallas, one of my students was married to a cop, and he took me out to the spot where Kennedy was shot and told everything he knew about the incident (nothing new to add BTW). I was strongly aware of what I can only call an energetic warp, it was the strongest sensation I'd ever had, (much stronger than being in heavily haunted places for example) and I knew that world history had changed, dramatically, at the place I stood.

I'm not so sure that the rot is a new phenomenon though; a couple of years ago I read "The House of Seven Gables" by Nathaniel Hawthorne (published in 1851) and there was a line therein (which of course I didn't write down and can't remember exactly) which very clearly shows that the author thought the belief in "choosing" the president was a sham. Any further doubt can be removed by reading the wonderful Mark Twain, who was by no means convinced of his country's greatness.

My hope is that one day, instead of being a pariah, a hypocrite, a self-centred paranoid bully and a liar, the USA will be able to acknowledge the existence and validity of other cultures and join the human family as an equal, and to contribute to our evolution, our growth and our universal happiness.

I also ought to say that I don't believe the "problem" is an American one, it's a human one; everywhere you look you can see examples of groups who elevate themselves to an exalted status (doctors, church authorites, some scientists, corporations, bankers, politicians) and then believe themselves to be above the law, above the rest of humanity. Replacing the USA with yet another country which believes in it's own pre-destined right to world domination (be that Britain, China or Russia) IS NOT a solution.

Maripose some of my best friends are English! THe bastards were the ruling class as were the Scottish ruling class. Ordinary men were conscripted and press ganged into servitude into the English armies. I know you know this my friend. I've been reading your posts for two years.

Stan