PDA

View Full Version : I've got excuses

Beth
22nd September 2010, 04:18
And you have excuses. We see what goes on around us and want change. I have so many people that come to me and ask when this change will come. I say be the change that you want to see. We talk about voting, we talk about lifestyles. But it's become much of that, talk. I want to stop talking, and I want to start doing. I want to be the change that I want to see. So I'm in the early stages of conceptualizing, but I want this change with all my heart. But it's within me to do it, not anyone else. Sorry if this seems like a rant, and I love you all, but let's be the change that we want to see.

:grouphug:

Tigger
22nd September 2010, 04:42
Beth, this is an amazingly synchronistic post. I was only just now telling myself that I need to pull my finger out and start acting on parts of my life which need to change. All of these excuses come flooding in as to why I shouldn’t act right now, and I discovered that none of those excuses are real. Then I read this post – you literally just posted it!

Must be Avalonian telepathy :)

Beth
22nd September 2010, 05:02
Always here for ya Tigs, much love to you!

Jonathon
22nd September 2010, 06:03
Certainly agree with you Beth. About a month ago, I suddenly took on the awareness that I had been grumbling incessantly about people leaving pieces of garbage on the ground and shopping carts in random, inappropriate places at a particular parking lot. Was I doing anything about it? Occasionally... and usually with a hard heart - in full judgment of the unknown perpetrator. I realized in a moment that without the trespass of my brothers and sisters, I had no opportunities to serve. Each piece of trash and shopping cart shoved in the middle of open parking spaces was a grand opportunity not only to serve, but to forgive and to be the change. Today and now, I thank those who provide this opportunity and I do it with joy. Amazing how a small shift in perception can be so powerful. Imagine that on a mass scale!

We don't need UFOs, shape-shifting, ascension mechanics and the like. A simple shift in perception can make all the difference.

Chakra
22nd September 2010, 07:42
We don't need UFOs, shape-shifting, ascension mechanics and the like. A simple shift in perception can make all the difference.

AMEN! lol and a big halayula to that brother! :drum:
sorry could resist! I more the quiet Buddhist type - but you really hit the nail on the head :cool:
EVERYTHING we need is with our reach, because it is with us! We only need to pay attention to the still small voice inside us to guide our way (sheesh that sure sounds like a C&W song :twitch: ) The reason what you say is so important is because we have been so brain washed to look for something 'out there' so we don't see what is in here...in our hearts.

Thank you for that piece of simple and straight to the heart wisdom - Brilliant! :)

nomadguy
22nd September 2010, 07:49
thank you Beth ~ well said!

Elandiel BernElve
22nd September 2010, 08:28
It's obvious to start within yourself. But it's necessery to remind ourselves of that as well.
So thanks:)

Celine
22nd September 2010, 11:12
Be the change you wish to see in the world...- Gandhi

His words resonate with so many...it represents Golden Truisms...

Truth is rarely complicated.

So Beth.. what changes do you wish to be? what changes do you want to see in the (your) world?

Many find those questions hard.....

Think Local, Be Global.!

rosie
22nd September 2010, 13:26
I hear you Beth! Last week I noticed garbage on the country road - and made a promise to put rubber gloves and garbage bags in the trunk of my car. My thoughts have gone from "what thoughtless people" to "oh, here is something I can fix". :cool:

These little things add up, and yes it is certainly a change in perspective, for the better!

I see some around me trying to reach the mountain top too fast and they get discouraged, it is much better to do something tiny, then to not do something at all.

in love & light :wub:

THIRDEYE
22nd September 2010, 13:52
hey beth i agree with you 100%,its hard to walk the talk,it takes displine for me and a responsibility to thy self to manifest these changes,when i get downloads so to speak or barraged with vibrations,honestly i just want to turn it off,i just sometimes not want to walk the talk.however when it starts hurting me and making me an emotional wreck its time to walk,and i mean i drag my feet,...then my momentum gets quicker and i accept the truth of issues with our planet and species are expiereinceing,ive learned an important lesson that i am powerless over others and by no means do i try to force things of awakening upon them,my too daughters i had to let go and let them and figure it out for themselves...nor do i force my opinions upon others also....love,light and abundance to all our species....thirdeye...

Kulapops
22nd September 2010, 13:58
And you have excuses. ..... But it's become much of that, talk. I want to stop talking, and I want to start doing. I want to be the change that I want to see. So I'm in the early stages of conceptualizing, but I want this change with all my heart. But it's within me to do it, not anyone else. Sorry if this seems like a rant, and I love you all, but let's be the change that we want to see.

:grouphug:

I'm so glad you see it this way Beth... me too... that's exactly why I started the Pledge thread...

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?2560-Kula-s-Pledge-thread...

and I quote...

"Yes... it's a time for action... not reading... :0)

You can't save your world just by reading about it We need some balance... some time here.. and some time taking ACTION !

So this thread is for those of you who would like a bit of impetus to pry those little pinkies off that keyboard and go, leave the computer for 10 mins or an hour or maybe even two... go away and DO SOMETHING... and then come back and tell us here what you did."

So go on.. pledge something... anything.. and let's make a difference in this world... (even if it's just for clean cups...) Obviously I'm hoping for bigger things.. but any start is a start. Talk brings little change. Action however is hard to deny.

Much love,

K

Caren
22nd September 2010, 15:52
Hi there, Yes! and Thank you Beth and Kulapops for these two wonderful threads. Even if each of only 'do' (action) something little...it all - adds up - to something big as a result (change). :)
Cheers

Beth
22nd September 2010, 15:57
So Beth.. what changes do you wish to be? what changes do you want to see in the (your) world?

I'd like to be truly happy, and in order to do so, I think I need to detach from the system as much as possible. So I'm going to be doing some planning and set my intentions to that.

This thread was sort of a response to a friend (not on avalon) who says constantly he hates his life, so I say change it. So I always try to remain diligent in heeding the advice I give. Don't want to be a hypocrite. Not that I hate my life, I just know I can do better.

sjkted
28th September 2010, 02:27
I have no excuses. I do every day. And some day, I'll get there.

--sjkted