PDA

View Full Version : Insights, anyone? dream interpretation

Lost Soul
22nd September 2010, 04:49
I had meditated on retiring early before going to sleep.

In my dream, my boss told us that it was OK to retire early. I then saw myself climbing up a tree and when I looked up, an owl looked down upon me. I thought, how auspicious to see an owl. Then I woke.

Jonathon
22nd September 2010, 05:21
Well one interpretation could be as follows... keep in mind dreams are personal and the character and meaning of the symbols can vary:

1) The aspect of yourself that is your boss seems to indicate you can retire without concern for fear, guilt or some other form of self reprisal.
2) Climbing the tree can represent your ascent through life and knowledge while the owl above could represent the attainment of wisdom (perhaps in regard to retirement specifically - the wisdom inherent to the closing of a long journey, and/or regarding the next step in your ongoing life path).

lunaflare
22nd September 2010, 06:06
seems rather uplifting lost soul

hmmmm...consciously letting go of the past and all that this contained for you... and NOW; free and unencumbered, to climb...climb...climb... the Tree of Life...
new vistas, new experiences
...face to face with an owl...
indeed, "the getting of wisdom" is now your calling...lost soul no more!
(and as always, beware the fall of owl ****e on your clean shirt)

Beth
22nd September 2010, 06:08
Can't really add much more than Jonathon would, as I'd probably say the same thing. I guess take that and see how it may apply to you. We all generally end up where we are supposed to. Or as Freeman says, quit your job and save the world! :p

Mluck
28th September 2010, 18:43
If you really want to unlock your dreams this is what I have done with great results although it can take some time dep0ending on hoe often you have dreams. Keep a journal and you will start to notice patterns of people and places as well as fellings you have both in the dream and when you wake from the dream. The more you write in the journal the more you will start to notice patterens like peices of a puzzle and things will start to come together for you. For instance myself I started to notice that even the structure of my dreams were different but there were always many things in common like Jewih, prison, and fellings of fear and anger as well as often being betrayed by a women. I do not think anyone can intrprt your drreams for you as the symbology and feelings are unique to each on of us. The key to unlocking your dreams is you!

Snowy Owl
28th September 2010, 21:02
My 2 cents,

The tree is an Archetype, that is a universal Pattern who represent stability, permanence a protector. What does your boss and retirement represent for you? And the Owl is a universal symbol too. It represent forsight and wisdom knowledge.

One thing that is interesting to do with this ind of dream is the gestalt process. Rewrite your dreams but write it from the point of view of your boss, example, I told my employees that retirement was ok and I saw ....

Then talked about the dream as if you where the tree, you heard a boss telling his employess, etc.. then as you companions, then as the owl

Write these down and usually you will grasp somthing clear.

Please share it if you feel fine about it.

Snowy

Lost Soul
1st October 2010, 04:01
Snowy Owl. I've been thinking about your suggestion for the past few days now. With respects to the boss, she wasn't angry or upset but happy for me and a few others who could also retire early. I remember climbing up a tree, but for what purpose now escapes me. It seemed the natural thing to do at the time. I remember seeing a brown owl and being very happy for it and consider it auspicious since the owl represents Minerva (wisdom). The owl looked down, stretched its neck to look down on me at which point I noticed that it suddenly appeared much longer and where it was very brown, it now had a lot of white. As to how the owl felt, I think it was welcoming me.

Snowy Owl
1st October 2010, 04:56
IMHO, if you do as I suggest and finish by the Owl description, you will find out that he wasn't welcoming you but sharing a Wisdom Wiseness with you.

Snowy