PDA

View Full Version : Are we really gods?

AMystic3434
29th March 2013, 02:31
I heard that we are really gods. Can someone explain that to me? How are we gods?

white wizard
29th March 2013, 02:40
The biggest illusion is separation from the source and all of creation

is God, which means you and everything else is divine consciousness

and can be considered God or the source.

Carmody
29th March 2013, 02:49
to exist in the form of a tribal religion, where god is proposed and imagined to be separate, is to abrogate responsibility and avoid being responsible for one's actions. Where desires are allowed to run rampant and exceed, nay control and project into all parameters of reasoned intelligence. This is the essence of self delusion.

CD7
29th March 2013, 02:59
I heard that we are really gods. Can someone explain that to me? How are we gods?

I think in a sense...when people are discussing tht we create our own experience/world we are practicing this "godlike" quality. I believe tht a person can work this quality like a muscle to manipulate and create their environment to an extent...the more its practiced, the more precise it can become.

In another sense i have had visions of godlike beings---nothing like any of the depictions of any angel/god/superhero..etc we have seen from images crammed down our visual throat. The beings were us. So it seems tht i get a glance at something godly but see the clumsy superhero disguised in glasses and a fedora in our world here, lol

This is my take on are we gods? "Gods" being a word tht is limiting as we all have different perspectives on this subject, but i believe we have the capacity to b so much more tht it would appear to us now to be like gods....

ghostrider
29th March 2013, 03:03
if you say unto this mountain be removed and be cast into the sea , it shall be done, by faith = knowing that your intention in your mind can control to some extent your physical reality around you... the spirit of creation that lives inside you ... the spirit in the flesh, the father in the son , my father in me does the work, the spirit in me does the work, spirit + body = human being , a spirit living in a body, a body with a spirit living inside it ...( the spirit of creation) we all have a measure of the great spirit in us, some have learned to listen to it, work with it, and use it for the good of mankind, others have corrupted it with false teaching, ever wonder why all wars are fought over religion ??? who wouldn't want to control an entire planet of demi-gods ... walking in their power and in their knowing, not believing, or hoping, but knowing ... the bible of most religions have tons of examles of this , it's just the teaching has been corrupted on purpose to enslave the world , making the masses feel helpless and easily controlled by religious leaders ... find and experience the power and love of ONEness , it will change you forever ... the asian way , harmony with body soul and spirit , it's all one, one mind, one spirit , one , same tree , we are just branches , some produce fruit, some provide a resting place for others, some provide shade, some provide shelter, but all are connected to the roots ... a small piece of the big bang , whatever you choose to call it, lives inside you ...we are a piece of creation in a body , for now ... it's important that you get this, it's the reason for being born, to know, to feel , and create, and learn... God is a human term for king of wisdom, remember the tree of knowledge was forbidden , why ? because we must not learn this is NO ledge, knowledge...infinity is possible when there is no-ledge( KNOWLEDGE) OF WHO YOU REALLY ARE ON THE INSIDE ...a spirit in a body , eternal and connected to creation for ever ...

Maunagarjana
29th March 2013, 03:21
I look at it as we are *larval* gods. There is a developmental process going on here, imho. And we have not reached the full expression of who we are yet.

But first you really have to define what a "god" is.

Are you talking about personified forces of nature? As living beings, I think we are that. Our choices individually and collectively change things on this planet and we are at a point collectively where we could easily destroy this planet, which we may yet still do.

Are you talking about beings in various religions like Zeus, Thor, Krishna, Yahweh, etc. And what were they, if not just fictional characters or representations of various things? I think most of them were (and possibly still are because they may well be immortal) essentially real beings or groups of beings from other planets or dimensions (or planets in other dimensions) who possess very amazing genetics, amazing technology, in *some* cases amazing spiritual insight and mental abilities, and great power. Just the technology alone of ETs would convince our ancient ancestors that they were gods. I love to quote the famous line from Arthur C. Clarke, "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." By their standards, we today may be considered gods by them with the abilities that we have, even though we aren't immortal.

But maybe you're really talking about a creator god, a "big G" God, a being capable of thinking a universe into existence? Well, obviously we can't do that. But we are creators, in our humble way, which I feel is an expression of the desire to be like the universal creator who creates the basis for which all other creators on all other levels carry out their forms of creation. We humans create in our little sphere of things. To me, this is training to create on much vaster levels in the future. Today we create webpages, albums, movies, skyscrapers....and tomorrow we create solar systems and ecosystems and maybe even other races of beings....and beyond.

Wind
29th March 2013, 03:41
The Creator is everything and we are part of everything, like small fragments of God.

Sammy
29th March 2013, 03:43
The Creator is everything and we are part of everything, like small fragments of God.

Holographic fragments perhaps... in part

Vitalux
29th March 2013, 03:58

Here is my 2 Cents

One huge pile of conscious energy (GOD) subdivides some of itself into smaller fragments, gives those fragments amnesia, and plays various holographic world simulations to imagine experiences of things.

You and I are these fragments, and the illusionary world we live in.

Prodigal Son
29th March 2013, 03:59
It's an evolutionary process, and we've got a loooooooong way to go

Exhibit A

http://www.dba-oracle.com/images/redneck_mentor.jpg

Anchor
29th March 2013, 04:01
If by God you mean something like "the one infinite creator", the answer is yes, we were made in that image.

Wind
29th March 2013, 04:02

Exhibit A

Some do, but they will get there. Eventually.

TraineeHuman
29th March 2013, 04:05
Firstly, do you really know what/who you really are? For one thing, if you aren’t totally an object then you must be at least partly a subject (or else even “something” partly or wholly beyond both subject and object … ). Problem one: How in the world can you ever begin to look at the “subject” part/aspect of yourself (or the beyond-object-and-subject part/aspect)? (In other words, how do you get to know the “other side” of “me” – the “I” side?) As soon as you try to look at it, you’ve converted it into an object before you start.

I’d also like to suggest – without proof here, only because that would take too long – that who you really are absolutely isn’t an object at all. I mean, you’re alive, you’re not a dead rock – not in your center or your essence.

Combining the conclusions of the two previous paragraphs, it would seem it’s quite impossible for you to even look at who you truly are. So, any discussion about whether or not you could be divine seems clearly outside of your capabilities.

Actually, I do know a way to overcome that seeming impossibility. Apologies if I sound patronizing. I’m trying to challenge you. I’d like to ask most readers (well, not Carmody): can you overcome that apparent impossibility? Can you begin to? If you can’t, what’s the point of taking this any further?

CD7
29th March 2013, 04:05

Exhibit A

:bowl: :lol: awww tht was great, cracked me up!

CD7
29th March 2013, 04:26
In other words, how do you get to know the “other side” of “me” – the “I” side?) As soon as you try to look at it, you’ve converted it into an object before you start.

well i can only speak for myself...i sense a syntactical diorama could take place here...when i "looked" at it...it came from inside so doesnt seem like an object to me..it was a part of me coming out---only pieces i might add so all is not quite clear but its my take on it at the moment.

can you overcome that apparent impossibility? Can you begin to? If you can’t, what’s the point of taking this any further?

always invisioning tht...yes. Trying. There is no cant...taking it further is all i have, there is no stopping here FOR SURE

Carmen
29th March 2013, 04:44
Yup, we are all Gods! Whether we realise it or not.

greybeard
29th March 2013, 05:33
Its miss-leading.
Gods is plural---its singular--- We are One without a second.
Thats the description from Indian Mystics
Eckhart Tolle says---"There is only one consciousness evolving to know itself."

God being formless became form in order to experience that which That knew.
I am That I am.
The mystic can truthfully say--- I am the Totality all of It.

Best explanations that I have heard =we are electro magnetic but not of the same wattage/power of what we call God.
We are all waves of the Divine ocean-- 100% water.
When the wave subsides into the ocean its perspective changes it knows itself to be the Ocean.

Chris

Ellisa
29th March 2013, 06:07
I do not think that gods and or god exist therefore I do not believe that we are gods--- and if we were all of us would have a disheartening way to go! I also think, as carmody suggests, that the existence of god would allow us to not take responsibility for our behaviour as individuals, and we would attribute our lives' events (good or bad) to supernatural causes, instead of using our own intelligence and effort. Humans do not need to pretend to be gods to achieve admirable outcomes.

syrwong
29th March 2013, 06:53
Think of the creation and its evolution as a game. There must be an intelligence who created the game. We may name it god. Thus god created the worlds. In the game there are various characters, all having their roles to play and seeking for something. Think also who play those characters. Only the intelligence or god can play. Who else?

Maunagarjana
29th March 2013, 07:33
I wonder what Jesus have thought about this....oh wait....

John 10:34 - "Jesus answered them, 'Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said, you are gods’'?

He was quoting Psalm 82:6 - "I said, You are gods, And all of you sons of the Most High."

Wind
29th March 2013, 07:42
I wonder what Jesus have thought about this....oh wait....

John 10:34 - "Jesus answered them, 'Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said, you are gods’'?

He was quoting Psalm 82:6 - "I said, You are gods, And all of you sons of the Most High."

And look what "christianity" has become. It's nothing like what Jesus teached.

D-Day
29th March 2013, 08:39
No... we are spirits.

Powerful ones, yes, but not "gods".

pale44
29th March 2013, 14:40
all living creatures are their own gods!! choices are tools of creating our lives and other ones around us!! ppl like to bring god substance in equation that really isn't there ..nature is full of organisms that shape their life, future of them selfs and others around them, we are a part of the nature and therefor we have responsibility for everything that is happening on the planet as any god would have. we are godlike in sense of having power to create beautiful planet for all its inhabitants, i think that if you put something divine,as god outside of your self, you actually make your self powerless!! that is what a lot of ppl do cause it is easier and no consequence on them for not acting when needed!! would be a nicer world if people would not wait for prophets to came and make it nice, but actually start making it nice themselves!!

Sammy
29th March 2013, 15:23
Firstly, do you really know what/who you really are? For one thing, if you aren’t totally an object then you must be at least partly a subject (or else even “something” partly or wholly beyond both subject and object … ). Problem one: How in the world can you ever begin to look at the “subject” part/aspect of yourself (or the beyond-object-and-subject part/aspect)? (In other words, how do you get to know the “other side” of “me” – the “I” side?) As soon as you try to look at it, you’ve converted it into an object before you start.

I’d also like to suggest – without proof here, only because that would take too long – that who you really are absolutely isn’t an object at all. I mean, you’re alive, you’re not a dead rock – not in your center or your essence.

Combining the conclusions of the two previous paragraphs, it would seem it’s quite impossible for you to even look at who you truly are. So, any discussion about whether or not you could be divine seems clearly outside of your capabilities.

Actually, I do know a way to overcome that seeming impossibility. Apologies if I sound patronizing. I’m trying to challenge you. I’d like to ask most readers (well, not Carmody): can you overcome that apparent impossibility? Can you begin to? If you can’t, what’s the point of taking this any further?

I am really happy to read this post as in just a few paragraphs is a great deal of wisdom given in the form of questions along with those questions' impossible to answer realities... other than the open ended "hook" which Traineehuman sets in the mouth of a hungry fish (like me!).

My guess is that TH believes he has the ability to assist a "seeker" in achieving experiences where maybe they still cannot "prove" to others the truth TH believes is the actual, deepest truth, but that their experience is enough for them that they don't need any proof that exists in the form of what would be considered proof to another.

I have had a few experiences which TH has stimulated. They added to the unprovable proof I already had. I appreciate TH as much as anyone I ever encountered on the Avalon forum. I also love his attitude. I also appreciate all the one on one he gives everyone who asks (and that he has given to me)... also Ray (Finefeather) is right there with TH in my view though I fear there's a third party involved in the "ascended master" realm that has come to life for Ray in Ray's experiences.

In fact, and I hope this does not offend anyone, but I see "god the creator" as also "god the mind twister" as also "god, the mother/father" as also "god, the child" and all I know for myself is that in my current waking experience, I am a spark amongst infinite sparks... essentially one of infinite "god, the child" expressions.

So "god" is the source... the source of life, "god" is the twisted one that makes life anything but boring (at least for "god"), and "god" is us - the ones who get twisted and then try and untwist or sell out to twisting and end up twisting up others (I am probably in this last group more than any other of the "god, the child" groups).

Don't we just love "life?"

Best advice... have a great attitude and don't take too much of it too seriously and do your best to not consciously twist up others just to see them all messed up.

Sammy
29th March 2013, 15:26
Its miss-leading.
Gods is plural---its singular--- We are One without a second.
Thats the description from Indian Mystics
Eckhart Tolle says---"There is only one consciousness evolving to know itself."

God being formless became form in order to experience that which That knew.
I am That I am.
The mystic can truthfully say--- I am the Totality all of It.

Best explanations that I have heard =we are electro magnetic but not of the same wattage/power of what we call God.
We are all waves of the Divine ocean-- 100% water.
When the wave subsides into the ocean its perspective changes it knows itself to be the Ocean.

Chris

We are GOD,

we are each a "god,"

we are neither,

we are both,

we are all of the above

and we are none of the above.

conk
29th March 2013, 15:34
If by God you mean creator, then yes. We are certainly Consciousness that observes content from the witness and experiencer perspective. If we are not content, then we must be the Awareness that witnesses it. We are Gods, yes. I am, we are.

Peace of Mind
29th March 2013, 15:49
Yes, we are. We are the extension of God. Unfortunately many either don’t want to be or believe enough in self to experience it for themselves. They are too trained to be focused on believing in ideas that are old as dirt yet has never been proven. But, to prove one is an God all one has to do is remove fear, follow thy heart, and never let others tell them they can’t do something they feel they can do or they feel needs to be done. These people are disempowered to the point of disbelief in self and fear repercussions because their minds have been seeded with ideas of failure, stress, and lack of worth. They are blind prey and tools for the demise of humanity and divinity….and many of them don’t even know it.

Peace

Sammy
29th March 2013, 16:06
I do not think that gods and or god exist therefore I do not believe that we are gods--- and if we were all of us would have a disheartening way to go! I also think, as carmody suggests, that the existence of god would allow us to not take responsibility for our behaviour as individuals, and we would attribute our lives' events (good or bad) to supernatural causes, instead of using our own intelligence and effort. Humans do not need to pretend to be gods to achieve admirable outcomes.

This is only true from a specific (narrow) view of what "god" is.

It still may be true though.

I suspect those who believe this "god" does not exist are then faced with deciding which species is the king of the hill. If humans are not decided to be that king, then yes, we are not "gods" but "they" (the kings) might be?

Funny all this... haha enjoying the thread!

GloriousPoetry
29th March 2013, 16:51
Roses In The Sky

Roses in the sky how can
I deny the pure splendor of
being alive despite all of
life's turbulent trials which
in time are lifted in the presence
of God's creative smile......

AutumnW
29th March 2013, 20:55
Are we Gods, or gods, like divine? Tough call. Who knows?

Jeffrey
29th March 2013, 21:05
We certainly act like "gods" ... and we think like 'em too.

CD7
30th March 2013, 01:22
We are GOD,

we are each a "god,"

we are neither,

we are both,

we are all of the above

and we are none of the above.

I knew i was in Alice in Wonderland!!!!! :madgrin: