PDA

View Full Version : Navy wants anti-drone lasers.....Problem Reaction Solution ...As usual !!

Cidersomerset
31st March 2013, 13:53
With every new weapon there is usually a counter measure and here we go !

Drone wars with lasers not so far fetched anymore !!

rbyilP5i014

Published on 29 Mar 2013

On Thursday, The Office of Naval Research announced its desire to attach laser beams
to its Marine trucks. The program called Ground Based Air Defense Directed Energy on
the Move is planned to help combat drones flying overhead. RT's Meghan Lopez has
more.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://s.huffpost.com/images/v/logos/bpage/live321.gif?31

Navy Wants To Use Lasers To Strike Down Drones (VIDEO)

on link...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/29/navy-lasers-drones-video_n_2982159.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Laser Weapons....are already here !

ZxcwlJ30uAw

Uploaded on 28 Oct 2008
Zeus, Airborne Laser,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is old technololgy now......

6w-ql8msl0U

Uploaded on 9 Mar 2007

Boeings Airborne Laser (ABL) will locate and track missiles in the boost phase of their
flight, then accurately point and fire the high-energy laser, destroying enemy missiles
near their launch areas.

ghostrider
31st March 2013, 16:23
what concerns me is drones can be hacked... they bomb a city and claim the drone was hacked , how could it be proved who did it ??? drones make it too easy to start a conflict , ehummm oops our drone malfunctioned and attacked a populated city full of students , sorry bout that, we are working on it, meanwhile battleships roll up on our coast and all hell breaks loose ...and the finger pointing begins , followed by the oohh we are forming another sub-group of politicians to look into it when they get back from vacation ... we are waiting for the reports to come back to find out what happened, meanwhile thousands suffer ...over a glitch ...OUTLAW DRONES ...

Mulder
1st April 2013, 09:43
Edgar Caycee said he foresaw future war(s) where robots will fight with other robots. I'm sure drones would take out every plane in range of the missiles just before they are fired, so these weapons are neutralised! I personally think cities will be nuked with pre-planted nukes (according to Dr Deagle) or the nukes will be hidden in containers on civillian cargo ships so these airplane weapons won't likely save anyone.

Anchor
1st April 2013, 12:00
Navy wants them ehhh...

Will they be shark mounted?

Sidney
1st April 2013, 13:39
I would bet money they already have them.