PDA

View Full Version : Getting out of a funk/depression?

kingmonkey
31st March 2013, 17:39
Im currently in a funk. A depression of sorts. I realise this low mood actually shapes how i see the world.

I know it wont last forever but im looking for practical measures i can do to get out of it.

What do you guys do to remain positive or heart centered?

Thanks

carnavas
31st March 2013, 18:32
as I have learned,depression is just a deep rest and it's better not to be fighted off
Its a natural state of the brain providing you a silent place to be with yourself and to break down what you are stating as a big unsolvable problem in your life, It's just natural power,the silent place
have you seen, before we sleep or the first attemps of meditation your mind won't go silent? it just keeps talking, the mind always wants to talk when there comes an inner peace, and in this deep rest it may pop up with negative thoughts. we should not water negative thoughts and just watch them come and go till they vanish. cause they will not be true until you take them and believe them. as you will need a black sky to see the stars shine you will need to experience the flow of negative thoughs to see the positive flows and to decide which one deserves to stay.
only the moment you think you are depressed and its not good, its not good.

Orph
31st March 2013, 18:39
If you have some quiet time to be alone, then then I suggest you dive right down into the center of the funk, (or blues, aggravation, loneliness, anger, frustration, ..... well, you get the picture). What I mean is, take the time to just quiet yourself, relax, and then feel into the funk (or whatever emotion you want to deal with). And then slowly turn your attention inward, down into that funk. Imagine going right into the "heart" of it. (I used that term on purpose). Once you're there, then you slowly start to make that funk (or whatever) grow. Feel it grow. FEEL IT GROW!! Make it grow and grow until it just can't grow anymore. Make it the biggest, most powerful funk that ever was. Then, what happened for me, (dealing with anger and frustration), all of that so called bad feeling turned into love. Because at the heart of any emotion like that is really .... love.

Knowrainknowrainbows!
31st March 2013, 19:00
Im currently in a funk. A depression of sorts. I realise this low mood actually shapes how i see the world.

I know it wont last forever but im looking for practical measures i can do to get out of it.

Thanks

Knowing that it won't last forever is powerful. Hold tight to that idea!

When you're not "in a funk" what brings you joy? Can you do something or see/talk with someone who uplifts you?
I find doing something physical ... even if just minimum like stretching, deep breathing and walking outside in the sunshine is a good start.

Like music? Dance ( or just "wiggle")? Sing - (no matter if on key or not) ...
Write poetry? Memoires? Letters you may or may not want to actually send ...
Do a little yardwork ... take a walk ... feed the birds, ducks in the park.
Visit an animal shelter ... volunteer ...

At home, tidy up a part of your home ... clean out a drawer or closet... donate "stuff" to those in need.
Invite a good friend over ... watch a movie ... have a meal or snack ... keep it simple.

Avoid isolating ... people are social beings at the core ... some more so than others :-)
Back to basics. Maintain healthy habits - nutrition, sleep, activity, and spiritual/contemplative thought.
Be good to you. You are definitely worth it!

No Rain
No Rainbows
:playball:

Tesla_WTC_Solution
31st March 2013, 19:04
My psychiatrist says, waking up at a consistent time is the single most important factor in staying mentally healthy.
He is about 80 something years old.

He said that the next most important factor is getting about an hour of exercise (even light exercise) per day.

He really stressed the importance of B vitamins and folate, etc. Magnesium I guess. things of that nature.

On the other hand, my shrink suggested church, or a comparable social activity like a canoeing club or a bird watching group,
or go fishing, paint, something like that.

Lots of people do gardening to distract from sad thoughts.

I am currently in a horrible depression myself and the trick is actually getting to the point where I care about the doctor's advice enough to follow it.

Zelig
31st March 2013, 19:14
Writing my thoughts and feelings down regularly helped me through some dark periods as well as some stupid periods. When you transfer thoughts from your head to paper/screen, something happens to them, almost like surrendering them. The process may not seem to be working until you've done it for an extended period and one day you realize that your earlier writings sound like someone else's.

greybeard
31st March 2013, 19:26
Having gone through intense depression even pre alcoholism I am intimately familiar with the state.
Obviously AA was a great help being able to share without being judged by fellow sufferers.
The 12 steps of AA very effective.
For people who dont need AA ie dont have an additive problem, these books would help greatly.
The late Dr David Hawkins had the largest Psychiatric practice in USA.
Best wishes to those limited by depression.

Chris

http://www.veritaspub.com/product_info.php?cPath=47_48&products_id=988

http://www.veritaspub.com/product_info.php?products_id=1042

greybeard
31st March 2013, 20:43
As far as addiction went and depression can be addictive as a cyclic state.
It came to me to mentally wrap up my alcoholism and all that went with that including depression with ribbon in a box and give it as a gift to my Higher Power.
With high emotion I mentally did this.
There was an uplifting experience immediately---- even though I have been sober for over 37 years still there is a pull now and then
I say to myself "Chris you gave this as a gift to God you dont take gifts back" end of story.

As per the suggestions of Dr Hawkins any time I have a negative emotion I surrender the juice I get from it to the God of my understanding.
Yes I can get juice from misery. It makes me feel special/different. It has pay value, it gets me attention.
I don’t do that now.

The moment any negative feeling starts to arise, its nipped in the bud by surrender--- I don’t ignore it just realise its a thought a feeling but not what I am---I don’t own it or avoid it. I font give it energy by talking about MY feeling.
There is feeling, I just see it as separate.

An other way is I can re-frame it by thinking. What would life be like with out this?

I not making light of anyone’s suffering--just sharing what works for me.

With love Chris

bearcow
31st March 2013, 20:49
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgO4buIZccM

Nanoo Nanoo
31st March 2013, 20:51
Go for walks in nature

Go to a hospice and see people with real problems ( this will give you some perspective )

Magnesium , St Johns Wort , B 12 , Black Tea with Ginger

No alocohol or drugs

Exersise

An interest in something , a hobby

Usually financial problems get people down , then partners , then everything else.

Find out whats at the root of it , then get around it with results.

N

Wind
31st March 2013, 20:53
My depression over four years ago lead me to this path. I didn't want to live any more, but I always wondered that what was the meaning of life... I didn't believe in purpose then even though I've always been spiritual, however I was too stubborn to quit. I don't know what really cured me... I started to listen music a lot more, walked a lot more in nature. I got my dog soon after that so maybe that was part of my healing process. I decided to choose this spiritual path and I think that it was a good choice.

Akasha
31st March 2013, 21:01

Listening to Mooji (http://www.mooji.org/videos.html) helps.

kingmonkey
31st March 2013, 21:21
Thanks for all the replies people, intuitively i know that im hanging on to this as it provides some benefit........

Just downloaded the books to my kindle greybeard. Thanks a lot, what ive read so far resonates with me. It feels right on to me so far.

Putting it into practise thats another story.

Bit tired to reply properly to everyone, but thanks anyhow. I will report back later.

Hip Hipnotist
31st March 2013, 21:33
You didn't say how long you've been in this 'funk', 'depression of sorts'.

If not long -- who doesn't share this experience? Think about why you're feeling this way.

Okay, time's up. Why are you feeling this way?

Great. Change the thought to something pleasant. ( Like how grateful you are I'm not charging for the session ;-))

If you've been feeling ( caused by your thinking ) this way for some time then any of the advice already given would be a good place to start.

If you have a tv ( seriously, a lot of folks don't ) I'd tune into the cartoon channel and leave it there.

Laugter was, is and always will be the best prescription.

And you can't beat the price. ;-))))))

-----------------

After posting this I realized you just responded to your OP.

So, good luck!

Joseph McAree
31st March 2013, 22:41
King monkey,

I send you my thoughts of good intent and love you are among some good friends here be strong my friend.

me I just turn up the music as load as can be sometimes I start dancing about the house yes you should see me that would put a smile on your face.

Kindest Regards
Best wishes
Joe

RunningDeer
31st March 2013, 23:58
Hello KingMonkey, there might be some pointers in this video. They are simple ideas, but those are the ones that carry a lot of weight for me. ;)

"Overcoming Depression Fast..."
http://avalonlibrary.net/paula/Notices/Infinite-Waters2.JPG

By: Kemetprince1 of Infinitewaters.net (http://infinitewaters.net)

People that suffer from depression feel that everything in the world is hopeless. They have this persist sadness about life. They loose an interest in life. In essence, life becomes pointless.
Do something that you love every day. That is how to beat depression. Fall in love with your passion.
We are around with people that we are not in resonance with. Connect with kindred spirits. Share with people.
Accept yourself for who you are. Many of us who are depressed is because we are trying to be someone else. We are striving for perfection. It’s never enough. Because once you have what you want, the next question is, “Is that it?”
Many of us on the planet right now have to remember there are high tides and low tides.
Smile more. Fake it until you make it. And then you will see there was a reason to smile.
Many of us that when we talk about depression we are ruminating about pass experiences. We have to see there is only Now. The power is in the present moment. Going over negative experiences only feeds them. In essence, they only grow larger.
Whatever you focus on grows. You turn into what you are tuned into.

rudZejwyOPc

Ralph Smart is a Psychologist. Author. Alchemist. Researcher. Radio Host. Musician. Graphic Designer. Film Maker. & Infinite Being. See here (http://infinitewaters.net/pageabout/) for bio, contact info and new book releases.

Borodin
1st April 2013, 00:46
I have found that acceptance is the first step.

Accept it all. Accept all your current conditions and circumstances good, bad or ugly, as things stand, in the now, right now. Stop fighting it. Stop struggling with it. Stop attempting to deal with it 'head on'. Just accept. That alone brings an immediate sense of relief. And relief is what you seek. For me, that is step one.

Step two is "get off your own back". I believe we are all adept, to varying degrees, at beating ourselves up - but particularly when our mood is low. We don't often realise we're doing this to ourselves, but it's surprisingly easy to stop doing it when we pause to observe that we are permitting it to happen and when we recognise the utter futility of allowing it to continue.

I have trained myself to bring my mind back to these two ideas whenever the 'pressure' is on; because the other important thing to notice is that when a low mood strikes, it often seems as if - caught up in the stress of it - we cannot remember what to do.

They're my 'first steps to freedom'. I hope you find them useful.

wolfgaze
1st April 2013, 08:13
Here is a simple recommendation. Force yourself to listen to classical music for extended periods of time. Even if you aren't particularly fond of this genre just try it out. There is something about the natural resonance and frequencies of the classical instruments that creates a balancing effect or synergy between the two hemispheres of the brain. This can create a state or feeling of harmony and 'well-being' - it's therapeutic. Give it a try, what do you have to lose?

Additionally, you can try physical activity like excersizing or taking long walks. Watch/improving your diet may be beneficial too if you don't already do that. If you are deficient in any particular vitamins that may be something to look at to address.

Hope you feel better soon and just keep reminding yourself that your present state is only temporarily and will pass in due time!

: )

jagman
1st April 2013, 17:49
It's completely normal to be in a funk every now and then. Poe wrote the Raven when he was in a funk and how did that work out.lol
Try not to be to hard on yourself kingmonkey. Just remember to smile and laugh.:laugh:

Chester
2nd April 2013, 14:50
Go for walks in nature

Go to a hospice and see people with real problems ( this will give you some perspective )

Magnesium , St Johns Wort , B 12 , Black Tea with Ginger

No alocohol or drugs

Exersise

An interest in something , a hobby

Usually financial problems get people down , then partners , then everything else.

Find out whats at the root of it , then get around it with results.

N

Hi and thanks - I went to the store yesterday and purchased all these supplements. I am also going to take all the rest of your advice - especially the exercise part (the hardest thing for me to do).

So... just saying thanks, Chester

Carmody
2nd April 2013, 15:04
Getting out of a funk/depression?

Investigate the personal astrology of the situation.

Knowing where it comes form and what shapes it makes a tremendous difference. A fundamental difference.

Ignorance breeds a very debilitating confusion.

Sidney
2nd April 2013, 15:13
I too am incredibly depressed, expecially after watching "why in the world are they spraying?". : ( It does seem that our circumstances are becoming more and more hopeless. we have very little poser over our food now, or water, and no power at all over the air we breathe. I am so sad.

Flash
2nd April 2013, 17:08

Knowing where it comes form and what shapes it makes a tremendous difference. A fundamental difference.

I must have a chart lingering on depression for years..... (almost not a joke).

Tell me Carmody, is it possible to have a hard energetical knock, very painful, on the heart center (heart chakra). Does it come from me or from some outside energies. My daughter anger thrown at me last week still physically hurt, as if I had been very bruised physically. It is physical. And if it is possible, how could it come from her (she is a very gentle soul, even when angry). Could it have come from other sources? Thanks in advance for answering, and thanks anyhow for reading even if you were to decide not to answer.

Kristin
2nd April 2013, 17:38
Hey Flash,

I've had an aching in my heart when experiencing deep personal trauma. It felt like an internal bruise. I was able to get through it through deep breathing exercises. Stretching the lungs as well as the heart on a deep inhale with a slow intentional exhale through the nose. That and walking in nature, smelling rich soil, listening to water moving, leaves and limbs, hearing nature. And weeping, allowing myself to feel the loss.

Depression is like an imp in my ear. It tells me to stay in bed when I should get up, it goes for a quick snack rather then making a healthy meal. I've started also taking vitamin D3 during the winter to deal with seasonal depression, however, I can see that what you are feeling is deeper. The pain I felt lasted for a few weeks. My heart was telling me that it was feeling the deep sadness of the loss of many things at one time.

Yes, even the kindest of people can push deep energy into others that may feel negative. Often the inability to be negative to others can create a spiritual force within that can effect others around them. It is not always malicious, but perhaps just sensitivity needing an outlet and not having one. This is often compounded in young adults and in it's extreme form can lead to objects flying across the room.

Hard to know what you are experiencing without being you. I hope that sharing my own experiences and thoughts may be of some service to you.

From the Heart,
Kristin

Flash
2nd April 2013, 18:47
I may have had an attack from unknown but suspected sources (2 potentials but which one??) and this is what I am looking into, my daughter having been the tool used. It was a sudden blow to the heart area (upper chest, below the upper sternum part), as if punched, enough for me not being able to speak, and then crying for hours. Yet, the unknown source maybe a third one which is me, who knows. But I do want to know if it is possible to receive such a blow from an outside source, energy blow.

This is part of my question to Carmody, the rest corresponding pretty much to what you wrote Kristin. I am naive in those­.

sheme
2nd April 2013, 20:22
I think lack of sunshine may be a contributory factor, vitamin D and high strength vit B -try and get a holiday in the sun. Me I'm gonna keep taking the D& Bvitamins.

Plus for my spring treat I have decided to invest in a Sota Bio tuner BT8 and zap myself happy.

music
2nd April 2013, 21:09
Low vitamin D levels can give you cancer and increase your risk of death (http://www.naturalnews.com/039740_vitamin_D_deficiency_death_risk.html)

The 10 symptoms of vitamin D deficiency you need to recognize (http://www.naturalnews.com/035089_vitamin_D_deficiency_signs_symptoms.html)

Fluoride-free pineal gland (http://www.naturalnews.com/026364_fluoride_pineal_gland_sodium.html)

Amazing antioxidant and disease fighting properties of melatonin (http://www.naturalnews.com/038942_antioxidants_melatonin_disease_prevention.html)

How to Detox Fluorides from Your Body (http://www.naturalnews.com/026605_fluoride_fluorides_detox.html)

Usually drugs that counter depression are fluoride based. There is evidence that fluoride makes people easier to mind-control.

wolfgaze
2nd April 2013, 22:04
I may have had an attack from unknown but suspected sources (2 potentials but which one??) and this is what I am looking into, my daughter having been the tool used. It was a sudden blow to the heart area (upper chest, below the upper sternum part), as if punched, enough for me not being able to speak, and then crying for hours. Yet, the unknown source maybe a third one which is me, who knows. But I do want to know if it is possible to receive such a blow from an outside source, energy blow.

This is part of my question to Carmody, the rest corresponding pretty much to what you wrote Kristin. I am naive in those­.

Hi Flash... Are you a spiritually-minded individual? The reason I ask is that what you described in your post reminds me of experiences I went through while undergoing spiritual 'changes'. Heart palpitations can be associated with this process and tied to the opening of the heart chakra - I experienced it as a sudden 'pulse' type feeling in my chest. The crying and not being able to speak I can relate to as well as I had a similar incident where I was on the phone with a relative talking about a sensitive subject matter from my past when I was overcome with a rush of emotion and I was uncontrollably crying (unusual for me) and unable to speak a word - it wasn't a sad (or hurtful) crying though, it felt therapeutic. Like I was releasing all this stored up and suppressed/repressed emotional energy from my past. If you can relate to what I'm sharing here consider that you may not be getting 'attacked' by any external source to you at all - instead undergoing internal 'changes' and emotional cleansing on your path to a new state of 'being'. : )

wolfgaze
2nd April 2013, 22:25
I too am incredibly depressed, expecially after watching "why in the world are they spraying?". : ( It does seem that our circumstances are becoming more and more hopeless. we have very little power over our food now, or water, and no power at all over the air we breathe. I am so sad.

What if this 'human' experience we are having is in actuality just a 'blink of an eye' in the grand scheme of our larger existence and our true nature? Wouldn't that make these circumstances appear to be significantly less threatening than they may currently seem?

When you find yourself getting depressed over those thoughts you highlighted try and consider where your perspective (or awareness) is focused or rooted. Ask yourself, are you just a physical body that's a product and creation of this physical, material world? Or are you in fact eternal energy/soul/consciousness merely having a temporary 'experience' in this physical, material world in order to learn, grow, and evolve?

How you feel about your answers to those questions will strongly influence how you react/respond to those circumstances that you alluded to.

: )

Kristin
2nd April 2013, 22:37
But I do want to know if it is possible to receive such a blow from an outside source, energy blow.

Yes, it is possible.

greybeard
2nd April 2013, 22:49
When you in it your in it and not that easy to re-frame or get ones mind around it.
After tackling the 12 steps of AA which are on going I got a thirst to discover how the mind works and the first steps on spiritual path, I went on to qualify as an Erickson Hypnotherapist, NLP, practioner.
Im not fragile now and therefore can afford to be vulnerable fully alive etc
It takes time to learn the skills required to handle funk/depression.
In the early days of recovery I played positive thinking tapes and up music that helped a lot.
Later it was cd's, videos, by enlightened teachers.
I still do that if I did not have that daily input perhaps I could head back to depression.
I dont leave it to chance---everything including me needs maintenance, its up to me to provide a healthy environment for this self.
A lot of good advice on this thread.

Chris

wolf_rt
3rd April 2013, 18:32

"Debilitating confusion" seems to sum up my life pretty well... I have suffered severe depression since i was 15, with very few breaks. At times every single thought i have involves 'kicking myself' at the end... this is extremely tiring. I have at times taken prescription antidepressants (SSRI's) when i felt at risk of suicide. generally after a few months i feel less depressed, but mostly because i don't feel anything at all, which i find worse than the depression.

After 9/11 i felt depressed about my inability to prevent the NWO/Fascist agenda i saw emerging... i'm over that now and instead i kick myself over my perceived failures in life.

Things like doing the dishes and mowing the lawn become huge challenges, and every time i see the lawn looking overgrown i feel a crushing weight that renders me unable to do anything at all... i will literally spend hours pacing the house - look at the lawn.. feel crushed... pace to the other end of the house, look at my messy room... feel crushed... sit down and close my eyes... think about my failure to support those i love... feel crushed.. try to sleep... think about something stupid i said to a girl when i was 7 years old... literally groan at my stupidity... feel crushed... ect. this goes on until i get 'paused' or 'stunned' and spend some time standing around unable to do anything, then go to sleep.

I doubt i have gone a month in the last 15 years without losing 2-3 days to this kind of cycle. I have rarely been able to hold down a job for more than 3 months.
I think the only thing that keeps me going is that i don't want to miss the spectacle of humanity imploding on itself. Strangely I also feel that i would be 'happy' if TSHTF and i had to fight for my survival.

I am at a complete loss as to where my depression stems from, and at an even bigger loss as to why i seem to be unable to make any positive changes in my life... It almost seems like i enjoy the suffering, but i can assure you it is not enjoyable.

these deep funks of 2-3 days can be triggered by the most minor thing not going my way, or often by nothing at all.

the only consistent thing is a feeling of failure, a fear of failure? or perhaps even a fear of success?

If you believe astrology could shed light on my condition, could you please suggest what direction to take, and perhaps expand on what knowledge i may find and how it should be applied?

Swan
3rd April 2013, 18:43
OK, this may seem like a strange suggestion: Try a bowel detox.

I recently did Dr Schulzes 30 day detox, with great effects for my body and mind. Dr Schulze says that many health problems are cured by doing a thorough bowel detox. His ebook on the bowel detox is free on his site: https://herbdocblog.com/books-dvds/. In the book he gives an example of a man with a deep depression who was cured after a bowel detox.

I won´t go into details, but it really is incredible the amount of crap one can carry around in ones intestines, and it really isn´t healthy.

If you can, try and do the full 30 day detox. It is a diet consisting of vegan raw food and juice fasting. It´s tough, but IMO its well worth it.

And...a few colonics might be helpful. But make sure you replace your gut flora by eating lots of fermented vegetables, and drinking kombucha.

This thread is about the importance of fermented foods for your health and well being: http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?43548-The-gut-of-most-disease...-NOT-what-you-think-&highlight=disease

sheme
3rd April 2013, 18:52
Guaranteed to lift anyone http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu2Vyk938OA Start your day with this my friend and you will rise up and up and up and up!

music
4th April 2013, 01:53
But I do want to know if it is possible to receive such a blow from an outside source, energy blow.

Yes, it is possible.

If I may, things like this are real, but the best action is to offer love. In feeling we have to "defend" ourselves against energetic or psychic attack, we are tacitly agreeing to lower ourselves to the same energetic level, and so we cut ourselves off from our only source of true well-being. It is a (sometimes unfortunate) truth that when malign energy encounters love, it has two courses of flow - one is to accept the love and be transmuted (we may call this alchemy), the other is to flee. When malign intent flees from love it returns to sender, and ill fortune will follow. This is sorrowful, but when one sows a seed, one must be prepared to reap the harvest, where-ever, and how-ever, it may fall.

wolf_rt
4th April 2013, 03:17

Yes, it is possible.

If I may, things like this are real, but the best action is to offer love. In feeling we have to "defend" ourselves against energetic or psychic attack, we are tacitly agreeing to lower ourselves to the same energetic level, and so we cut ourselves off from our only source of true well-being. It is a (sometimes unfortunate) truth that when malign energy encounters love, it has two courses of flow - one is to accept the love and be transmuted (we may call this alchemy), the other is to flee. When malign intent flees from love it returns to sender, and ill fortune will follow. This is sorrowful, but when one sows a seed, one must be prepared to reap the harvest, where-ever, and how-ever, it may fall.

Love isn't a shield... you can love the person who is punching you in the face, and that may be a positive thing, but you are still getting punched in the face.

music
5th April 2013, 00:37

Yes, it is possible.

Love isn't a shield... you can love the person who is punching you in the face, and that may be a positive thing, but you are still getting punched in the face.

When we live a life truly based in love, we don't attract the punch in the face :)

Vitalux
5th April 2013, 00:44

Thanks

Best way to beat the blues is to stop watching television!

and

Avoid the doom and gloom threads on the internet

and

Take a break from Avalon, some of the threads ....can even make my cat depressed and he don't even read! :o

mahalall
29th April 2013, 22:44
Expand the heart and lungs and bring back the lion to roar at depression,

let go of the car and dust of the bike,

build up the miles and share the finish with a glass of wheatgrass/spirulina argh!

ulli
29th April 2013, 22:50
Weeding the garden. Finding the tiny nest of a hummingbird....

http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/936739_10151443978008719_166958903_n.jpg

778 neighbour of some guy
30th April 2013, 09:02

Yes, it is possible.

I agree with Kristin, maybe not for the same reason and by the same means, but yes it is possible.

Perhaps taking action on the subject we discussed in private will flip the switch, being an external energysource that can be aplied instantly is always an option to consider.

Be good, you Really Big Bad King Monkey Man.

i71NC9-s__A

Mulder
2nd May 2013, 07:13
You should read "The Noonday Demon: An Atlas of Depression" (http://www.amazon.com/The-Noonday-Demon-Atlas-Depression/dp/0684854678) - its the best book I've read as it says how it came on AFTER he won his race and solved all problems, like a soldier on a battlefield doesn't feel the bullet wound until he's out of danger...

"Depression is the flaw in love. To be creatures who love, we must be creatures who despair," begins Solomon's expansive and astutely observed examination of the experience, origins, and cultural manifestations of depression. While placing his study in a broad social context- according to recent research, some 19 million Americans suffer from chronic depression-..." (http://www.amazon.com/The-Noonday-Demon-Atlas-Depression/dp/0684854678)

Soulboy
1st June 2013, 14:29
Actually, a nice little joint can be a nice antidepressive if you're really suffering and it's natural.It helped me out of depression in my late teen years. Add to that some cat videos or your favourite comedy, some spiritual music like that of Pharoah Sanders for example.

Having spent a good 7 years in London and 9 in the UK altogether, I can relate to that feeling. It's not the most joy-inducing place. Brits don't get their great sense of sarcasm from nowhere and not without reason do suicide statistics jump up the further you move north in Europe. Incidentally, the same is true for alcohol consumption? Relation, perhaps?