PDA

View Full Version : The Crucifixion Decoded ??

Skywizard
2nd April 2013, 15:42
This is an episode of Ancient X Files suggesting that the Crucifixion might have been at a different site. It also investigates how Jesus may have been nailed to the cross, per the only bones ever founded of an ancient crucifixion.
I found this video an interesting watch, hope you all do too.

Millions of Christians retrace Christ's footsteps every year, but now an archaeologist claims that they may be worshiping at the wrong sites.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyogfo_ancient-x-files-the-crucifixion-decoded_shortfilms#.UVr5eCr5w6g

peace..
skywizard

kreagle
2nd April 2013, 19:17
This is an episode of Ancient X Files suggesting that the Crucifixion might have been at a different site. It also investigates how Jesus may have been nailed to the cross, per the only bones ever founded of an ancient crucifixion.
I found this video an interesting watch, hope you all do too.

Millions of Christians retrace Christ's footsteps every year, but now an archaeologist claims that they may be worshiping at the wrong sites.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyogfo_ancient-x-files-the-crucifixion-decoded_shortfilms#.UVr5eCr5w6g

peace..
skywizard

Skywizard,

The theory on His bones being broken would be in violation to the Scriptures. As the 'Lamb of God', ( perfect sacrifice at Calvary), we find that the Levitical Laws of the Old Testament called for the lambs that were sacrificed to not have their bones broken.

Exodus 12:46 (KJV)

46 In one house shall it be eaten; thou shalt not carry forth ought of the flesh abroad out of the house; neither shall ye break a bone thereof.

And,......

Numbers 9:12 (KJV)

12 They shall leave none of it unto the morning, nor break any bone of it: according to all the ordinances of the passover they shall keep it.

The following Scriptures prove that this, too, was fulfilled for the 'Lamb of God', Jesus Christ.

Psalm 34:19-20 (KJV)

19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all.

20 He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken.

Also,.....

John 19:33 (KJV)

33 But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs:

And,....

John 19:36 (KJV)

36 For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall not be broken.

Your brother, friend, and servant,........kreagle

Skywizard
2nd April 2013, 20:07
Skywizard,

The theory on His bones being broken would be in violation to the Scriptures. As the 'Lamb of God', ( perfect sacrifice at Calvary), we find that the Levitical Laws of the Old Testament called for the lambs that were sacrificed to not have their bones broken.

kreagle, I do not doubt the scriptures. I was just referring to the video where they found the remains of a crucifixion where the nails were through the heels and the backside of the hands. I don't think they mentioned anything about bone breaking.

kreagle
2nd April 2013, 20:29
Skywizard,

kreagle, I do not doubt the scriptures. I was just referring to the video where they found the remains of a crucifixion where the nails were through the heels and the backside of the hands. I don't think they mentioned anything about bone breaking.

Skywizard,

I fully understand your point, brother, and what you are endeavoring to share with us, here. For that, I equally thank you. In your OP, this statement simply caught my attention, for I knew that none of Jesus' bones were separated, ( or broken), from His body.

It also investigates how Jesus may have been nailed to the cross, per the only bones ever founded of an ancient crucifixion.

While the video does not specifically say that 'bones were broken', the very act, itself, of piercing the ankle/heel bones would have 'broken through the bones',......hence the bones would have been unquestionably broken.

Just a little bit more of 'factual' information supplied, from a Biblical perspective, my dear friend, to go along with what you have supplied in your OP.

God Bless,......your brother, friend, and servant,........kreagle