PDA

View Full Version : Changing Channels

RMorgan
5th April 2013, 17:24
Hey folks,

What does it mean to be awake?

In short, it means a change in how you deal with information, a change in mindset, a change of interpretation led by an increase in critical thinking and awareness. A change in perception.

I see many people here who believe they are awake just because they changed Fox News for Kerry Cassidy, or CNN for Coast to Coast AM. Does it mean they are awake?

No. It doesn´t. This is just changing channels. It´s worthless if you don´t change your mindset.

Changing information sources is meaningless by itself, if one doesn´t change the way he deals with the presented information.

Stop watching American Idol and start watching UFO documentaries doesn´t make one more awake, not if he´s still absorbing the information like a sponge, with no filter and critical thinking.

Any content or "whistleblower" doesn´t become instantly truthful just because it´s endorsed by your favorite talk show interviewer.

Have you ever stopped to question how, repeatedly, a guy comes from nowhere making all sorts of unsubstantiated claims, then he´s interviewed and endorsed by a prominent alternative media character and suddenly thousands of people are believing him without asking any questions, sometimes even donating him money?

Why does it happen?

It happens because people are stuck in the advertising mindset, after being brainwashed by the media for their entire lives.

It happens the same way as, when a Hollywood celebrity advertises a product, this product suffers dramatic increase in sales.

If Brad Pitt advertises for a new vacuum-cleaner, does it make the vacuum cleaner any better? No. Absolutely not.

If a famous alternative media character decides to interview or endorse someone, does it mean this person is a reliable source of information? No. Absolutely not.

The alternative media is caught into a vicious circle, presenting one new conspiracy theory every day, one new whistle blower every week, one new apocalypse date every year. It´s a never ending loop of misleading information.

The funny thing is that a lot of people still believe these people, still value their endorsements, still take whatever they say for granted, even if they have been proven wrong, making the same mistakes over and over and over again.

The question is; Why do people need so much for someone to tell them the "truth"? Why do people end up believing someone they don´t even know, interviewed by another person they don´t even know?

Watch out folks. If you think you´re "awake" just because you changed channels, you´re not.

If you judge information by the borrowed credibility of who´s presenting it, not by the solidity and coherence of its raw content, you´re behaving exactly like the people you often call "sheep".

If you want to see the truth, you have to practice detachment. Stop idolatry. Separate any piece of information from any artificial borrowed credibility and judge it raw, using unbiased discernment and critical thinking, otherwise, you´ll never get out of the "sheep" mentality.

Stop following people. Stop being led. Your truth seeker path must be led by yourself, not anyone else. Stop changing channels and dump the conditioned TV mentality once and for all.

Cheers,

Raf.

Fred Steeves
5th April 2013, 17:37
The alternative media is caught into a vicious circle, presenting one new conspiracy theory every day, one new whistle blower every week, one new apocalypse date every year. It´s a never ending loop of misleading information.

Your whole premise is spot on Raf, but I especially wanted to comment on your above quote. The alternative media is a great way to wade into these waters, but there comes a point when the gritty and dedicated truth seeker must again shed their skin, and leave yet another sacred cow behind. With many thanks for the services rendered of course.

The whole goal of teaching, is for the student to transcend the teacher.

Sidney
5th April 2013, 17:42
Using your free will, thinking for yourself, thinking about WHAT you are reading before you decide if it makes sense. Free thinking. Looking around. Being kind. Don't throw trash. Don't hurt people, animals, or yourself, or mother GAIA. Don't believe something, because someone said so. Do your own research, find your own truth. Listen to your gut. And most of all, do NOT drink the effin koolaid. HAHA

donk
5th April 2013, 17:50
Stop following people. Stop being led. Your truth seeker path must be led by yourself, not anyone else. Stop changing channels and dump the conditioned TV mentality once and for all.

Agreed...but be careful not to throw the baby out with the bath water. Just because someone's a fraud in general, doesn't mean they don't have a piece of the puzzle...take care not to go to the opposite extreme.

Things (people, items, information, etc) get "play" in the media because either there's a nugget of truth (or truthiness) or a "new" idea (whether it is nefariously implanted or truly just a semi-original benevolent thing)...and the length of time they endure (stand up to scrutiny) often seems (to me at least) to be relatively directly proportional to the amount of substance it contains (whether it is "real truth" or strongly reinforced/backed up lie). I been repeating this all day:

discernment, discernment, discenment, discenment...

Jeffrey
5th April 2013, 17:53
Raf, you said it man. Thank you.

The bull comes from both sides. The MSM and the alternative media. Informed commentary requires critical thinking, not just information. People can feed anybody information. Use discernment, don't just be a parrot. Thinking requires responsibility, bleating is reactionary. Meaningful conversations can't take place when everybody is just regurgitating what somebody else said.

Read the news. Read the alternative media. Read the commentary of experts in both fields. Make your own judgements using critical thinking -- don't just accept the judgement of somebody else! Most of these people in both fields have heavy spin when they present information. Trim the fat.

Normalcy bias works both ways.

Raf, this was a timely thread.

Thanks again.

Jeffrey
5th April 2013, 17:57
The whole goal of teaching, is for the student to transcend the teacher.

Agreed. Become your own expert, but don't get complacent. Learning is a continual process and we can't let our own complacency with how we think the world works get in the way of intellectual progress. That goes for spirituality too I think.

Huzzah!

Bill Ryan
5th April 2013, 17:59
Raf, you said it man. Thank you.

Bumped, agreed and endorsed.

:)

Carmody
5th April 2013, 18:03
It's the information processing version of what Ben Franklin said:

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Translates to (something like):

Those who do not think critically -in order to hold onto some mental comforts- will live in neither Liberty nor Truth.

Vitalux
5th April 2013, 18:07
My thoughts are;

- we never become enlightened, just less ignorant.:eyebrows:
- the only one "awake" is Source, everyone else are in dreams. :sleep:
- manufactured ignorance is a "Source" design to make us enjoy life here. :hippie:

It is all relative to which attraction you encounter at the world's fair.:dance:

http://surfsongnorthwildwood.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Moreys-Piers-300x190.jpg

SilentFeathers
5th April 2013, 18:10
Great message Raf!

The funny thing is that a lot of people still believe these people, still value their endorsements, still take whatever they say for granted, even if they have been proven wrong, making the same mistakes over and over and over again.

The question is; Why do people need so much for someone to tell them the "truth"? Why do people end up believing someone they don´t even know, interviewed by another person they don´t even know?

Some are so far gone, past the point of no return, that there is no capability left in them to understand what discernment means....they must be led, they must believe in the delusion/deception that gives them the feeling of purpose, to make them feel alive....nothing much else matters to them. They are unfortunately lost in their own trap....and/or the traps of others.

I feel sad to say that but I through experience have seen it with my own eyes.

We fight on for those that there is still hope for, while they are still within reach, while there still is time.

Warriors of the truth is an understatement.....it's really warriors of the spirit and the true human being.

Jeffrey
5th April 2013, 18:13
Translates to (something like):

Those who do not think critically -in order to hold onto some mental comforts- will live in neither Liberty nor Truth.

This quote is attributed to Hitler:

"How fortunate for leaders that men do not think."

... [critically]

Carmody
5th April 2013, 18:14
Great message Raf!

Some are so far gone, past the point of no return, that there is no capability left in them to understand what discernment means....they must be led, they must believe in the delusion/deception that gives them the feeling of purpose, to make them feel alive....nothing much else matters to them. They are unfortunately lost in their own trap....and/or the traps of others.

I feel sad to say that but I through experience have seen it with my own eyes.

We fight on for those that there is still hope for, while they are still within reach, while there still is time.

Warriors of the truth is an understatement.....it's really warriors of the spirit and the true human being.

Glad you are still here.

Fred Steeves
5th April 2013, 18:19
Those who do not think critically -in order to hold onto some mental comforts- will live in neither liberty nor truth.

For sure Carmody, but as you well know some seriously thick walls must come crashing down, and continue crashing down, sometimes even right on our heads, in order to keep that mindset established. It's not for the faint of heart, and thus the road far less traveled. Even here at Avalon.

People like David Icke for instance don't want followers or believers, just for others to come into their own power. If they dare...

RUSirius
5th April 2013, 18:21
This may sound stupid and simplistic, and not to "stop" this thread, but the sentiments stated by all above are the nuts and bolts, its as if there is nothing that needs to be added to this, be kind re wind and re read what those above have said. You dont have to re read my sentence though.

Eram
5th April 2013, 18:36
If I may...

Watching Fox News and watching UFO documentaries aren't the same RMorgan.
Not by along shot.

There has to have been some sort of brake through to shift paradigm like that.

Waking up is a never ending process and if you look at yourself closely, you will see that there have been times that you believed stuff that you now categorize as ignorant. And so will you in the future dismiss beliefs that you hold as truth today. ;)

What I'm trying to say is the ability to use discernment is a process as is waking up, that have to be worked on all the time.
Both will grow during your lifetime if you are willing.

RMorgan
5th April 2013, 18:39

Agreed...but be careful not to throw the baby out with the bath water. Just because someone's a fraud in general, doesn't mean they don't have a piece of the puzzle...take care not to go to the opposite extreme.

Things (people, items, information, etc) get "play" in the media because either there's a nugget of truth (or truthiness) or a "new" idea (whether it is nefariously implanted or truly just a semi-original benevolent thing)...and the length of time they endure (stand up to scrutiny) often seems (to me at least) to be relatively directly proportional to the amount of substance it contains (whether it is "real truth" or strongly reinforced/backed up lie). I been repeating this all day:

discernment, discernment, discenment, discenment...

Hey mate,

If this whole thing was a dynamic puzzle with an ever changing number of pieces, for every piece someone manages to connect, thousands of wrong pieces are instantly added to the pile.

The alternative media, the way it is, is much more of a counterfeit puzzle piece making machine that once in a while, very rarely, spits a random piece that fits somewhere.

This model is utterly unproductive, to put it simply. It will never work if it continues to operate within this media model. It´s not working now and never will.

This whole thing is becoming ridiculous. It´s a conspiracy theory factory where the truth is very low on its priority list, supported by gullible people who forgot how to think for themselves or never knew how to do it in the first place.

For every good step we take towards the truth, the whole thing takes ten steps back...The same subjects are regurgitated over and over again. It never stops and people never learn.

Take this forum as an example. It follows a pattern. Every year we have at least a handful of whistle blower hypes that are debunked later on, a few alien disclosure promises, a few Planet X/Nibiru imminent events, a handful of ascension dates, an imminent apocalypse event, a threatening comet and so on...

The same people in the alternative media have been making the same mistakes and proven wrong over and over again, and some people still see them as credible sources of information.

They even try to throw the "don´t shoot the messenger" argument, which is an absurd fallacy in this case. Journalists are not simple "messengers", they must have commitment with the truth, they have the ethical and professional duty to strongly investigate their sources before publishing anything.

You know, Einstein used to define insanity as doing the same thing over and over again and still expecting different results. This sums up the whole thing.

If we want this forum to evolve, we need to break away from this pattern, from this insane vicious circle, otherwise the forum will be nothing more than a repetition of itself year after year after year.

Raf.

Carmody
5th April 2013, 18:49
I can give you more truth Raf.

As can many others here.

And there is a chance it could cost me. Much.

The world is so full of purposely planted disinformation, that it would probably be entirely ineffectual.

donk
5th April 2013, 18:54
I don't disagree, or see how anything I said conflicts with what you did.

I've always approached the "alternative media" the same way I learned to take the convential one--as I did not find the altenative until I learned how to discern information from the MSM one.

I personally watch ALL channels, sometimes especially looking for the crappiest of the crap--viewing it from a perspective of WHY it is there (what is it REALLY saying) rather than consume it at "what" it says.

I feel it is important to point out the fact the presentation of information from nearly ALL media is the same (aka propoganda, agenda, etc), but also to not go to the extreme of dismissing it outright...to be able to find utility in it--even if it is for no other reason than I used to listen the Linbaugh and Hannities when I was deeply immersed in liberal US politics--to see what messages are out there for consumption and why.

I see dismissing a source or piece of information due to the messenger every bit as much preventing "evolution" of our consciousness/forum/whatever

SilentFeathers
5th April 2013, 19:03
I don't disagree, or see how anything I said conflicts with what you did.

I've always approached the "alternative media" the same way I learned to take the convential one--as I did not find the altenative until I learned how to discern information from the MSM one.

I personally watch ALL channels, sometimes especially looking for the crappiest of the crap--viewing it from a perspective of WHY it is there (what is it REALLY saying) rather than consume it at "what" it says.

I feel it is important to point out the fact the presentation of information from nearly ALL media is the same (aka propoganda, agenda, etc), but also to not go to the extreme of dismissing it outright...to be able to find utility in it--even if it is for no other reason than I used to listen the Linbaugh and Hannities when I was deeply immersed in liberal US politics--to see what messages are out there for consumption and why.

I see dismissing a source or piece of information due to the messenger every bit as much preventing "evolution" of our consciousness/forum/whatever

I also pay attention to most everything I can, usually needing to apply the rule of opposites to better understand what I am actually hearing or seeing! :)

SilentFeathers
5th April 2013, 19:17
Take this forum as an example. It follows a pattern. Every year we have at least a handful of whistle blower hypes that are debunked later on, a few alien disclosure promises, a few Planet X/Nibiru imminent events, a handful of ascension dates, an imminent apocalypse event, a threatening comet and so on...

Raf, there's an occasional hot topic on this forum that pops up here that is sensationalized beyond belief with absolutely no solid evidence to back the claim up, or occasionally we may see someone try to "resurrect" a de-bunked outed whistleblower, but for the most part, there really has been quite an improvement on this forum since the Drake/Wilcock/Fulford Mass Arrest Hollywood blockbuster last year!

When I first joined this forum last May I almost left within the first month due to all the channeling and sensational "ET's battles" going on etc. There were literally dozens of threads about stuff that made no logical sense to me and were way beyond possible real events IMO.

I don't see many of them now :)

turiya
5th April 2013, 19:18
RMorgan wrote:

What does it mean to be awake?
In short, it means a change in how you deal with information, a change in mindset, a change of interpretation led by an increase in critical thinking and awareness. A change in perception.

http://stat.mobli.com/media_stills/media_8464273.jpg

To be awake means one has come to know that all information is bogus, all knowledge gathered externally, stored internally, is but a barrier to real truth. To be awake one comes to know that one knows nothing at all. One who thinks he has the answers, know it well, he is still fast asleep, still dreaming, still residing in the darkness of the ego. Still dis-eased & identified with the great pretender, the archon within.

To be awake, one has to throw accumulated knowledge down the toilet.

Why do people need so much for someone to tell them the "truth"? Why do people end up believing someone they don´t even know, interviewed by another person they don´t even know?
From the get-go, people are conditioned to believe that they cannot do things for themselves. They cannot help themselves, they cannot take care of themselves. One has to go to a so-called "expert" to find out what is what, what one needs to do. If your marriage is on the rocks, your off to see a marriage counselor. If your body is sick, you are told to go see a doctor. If your mind is sick, you believe you have to go to a psychologist, a psychiatrist. If you find yourself lost with no direction home, you are suppose to see a priest, a pastor, a rabbi, a guru to get things right, to get back on track with the rest of the crowd, so you can feel that you fit in. Man/woman are conditioned to believe that one cannot take care of matters himself, herself.

cheers - turiya

GloriousPoetry
5th April 2013, 19:19
Being awake to me means that you know that nobody holds the master key .......

sheme
5th April 2013, 19:27
What we each hold as truth is in fact our truth.

Truth is a personal thing depending where you stand on the circle of existence surly?

To go advanced on this forum would be to deny many newbies the chance to discover their truth. All things should be present concurrently.

Truth is like love it cannot be hurried.

If we are frustrated with the content of this forum then our vibration may be reciprocated else where. Personally I feel this forum is evolving and learning as if it is an entity in it's own right.

I watch with interest as we cruise into our future. All I Know is that Love and peace are abundant in this place.

SilentFeathers
5th April 2013, 19:40
What we each hold as truth is in fact our truth.

Truth is a personal thing depending where you stand on the circle of existence surly?

I don't totally agree with this....We are beings of family units, community, relationship, and often must rely on or take seriously what others perceive to be their truth. Of course we can be a hermit and choose not to exist in relationship with others.....and TRUST no one. Survive all alone with only our own truth.

What I am trying to say, for example; the weather man.... we try to rely on and trust him when he shares his truth, when he claims a tornado heading directly towards your neighborhood.....

The issue on this forum is not only about truth or being deceived, it is also about trust.

ceetee9
5th April 2013, 20:14
Journalists are not simple "messengers", they must have commitment with the truth, they have the ethical and professional duty to strongly investigate their sources before publishing anything.And exactly where are these Journalists of which you speak Raf? When we're constantly fed half-truths, out-right lies and every source has an agenda I don't see how you can make the case that the alternative media is producing any more "counterfeit puzzle pieces" than the MSM or any other source. Discernment is the only thing that can provide us with any chance of ever "connecting the dots" to the truth, but it requires an open mind that questions everything from all available sources. This is no small task for anyone.

Limor Wolf
5th April 2013, 20:23
Thanks, Raf. You have raised some very good points in your OP. Self criticism is said to be an important tool in a teacher's kit

Originaly posted by RMorgan: " The alternative media is caught into a vicious circle, presenting one new conspiracy theory every day, one new whistle blower every week, one new apocalypse date every year. It´s a never ending loop of misleading information."

A 2009 research was conducted at the Max Planck Institute for Biological Cybernetics

The straight truth about going in circles

According to this preliminary study, the myth that people who try to walk a straight line find themselves going in circles is actually true

"What we found is that people really do walk in circles," said the lead researcher, Jan Souman.

He said studies of nine people walking in a desert and in a forest found that all tended to go in circles or veer from a straight line if there was nothing to guide their way.

Those who had the sun or moon to guide them fared better, while those who walked beneath a cloudy sky wound up off-course or going back the way they came from.

When wearing blindfolds and earplugs, subjects went completely awry, with one walking in circles and another in zigzags."

Here in Avalon, we members seem to represent this entire spectrum, like everyone else that exists outside. You said so yourself - " If one changes the channel, it doesn't mean he is awake", this is so very true. Some of us wear blindfolds and earplags, some of us are under a cloudy sky and there are those of us who let the 'natural' (discernment) sun or moon guide them.

One thing is for sure, if we keep going in circles, we better pack our belongings and head for the exit.

RMorgan
5th April 2013, 20:38
Journalists are not simple "messengers", they must have commitment with the truth, they have the ethical and professional duty to strongly investigate their sources before publishing anything.And exactly where are these Journalists of which you speak Raf? When we're constantly fed half-truths, out-right lies and every source has an agenda I don't see how you can make the case that the alternative media is producing any more "counterfeit puzzle pieces" than the MSM or any other source. Discernment is the only thing that can provide us with any chance of ever "connecting the dots" to the truth, but it requires an open mind that questions everything from all available sources. This is no small task for anyone.

That´s exact the point; The alternative media is just as invaluable as her mainstream sister. Not more, not less.

Most of the time they put all their efforts into babbling about things that are ridiculous since the begining, like they did with Elenin, Mass arrests, 21/12, etc...

They push a series of sensationalist mini-hypes until they find a big one, then they push it as long as they can, then it starts all over again.

Honestly, I don´t even know where the word "alternative" fits. They only vary in flavor, targeting different audiences, not in content quality.

I, for one, expect that a media sector, positioned as "alternative", to be more truthful than the mainstream. However this obviously is not the case.

Great alternative they give to people...You can chose between boring mainstream lies or pick up some some exciting a la science fiction lies...The same way you can pick between Republicans and Democrats up there in the US, like if it makes any difference...

I wouldn´t be surprised if the same people are behind both kinds of media, the same controllers. After all, controlled opposition is not a new strategy to them.

Anyway, there are good ethical journalists out there, at least here in Brazil. I know a few of them personally, a few folks who really get to the bottom of whatever they´re investigating before publishing their articles. Not an easy job, though. They don´t pay well for the truth in this business.

Raf.

meat suit
5th April 2013, 20:48
round and round goes the 'choice' karussell...
first you think there is only A, then you find B... so you think A was a lie until you find that B is also a lie....you could do the same with C and so on....

you know what, it doesnt matter how rich you are.... you will still only sit there with a coffee and a laptop..
it doesnt matter what you eat unless it kills you before you are 85.... (actually I think right now that it really does matter.... but I will probably let go of that too one day...)

good thread... as always Raf...

Limor Wolf
5th April 2013, 21:15
Raf, I understand and share your Frustration. although, I think the difference between MSM and alternative is (mostly) - intentions. The second one, when it's authentic is with no comparison with the first.
Saying that - here are a few sayings about intentions :

"The evil that is in the world almost always comes of ignorance, and good intentions may do as much harm as malevolence if they lack understanding." ~ Albert Camus

"Hell isn't merley paved with good intentions ; it's walled and roofed with them. yes, and furnished too." ~ Aldous Huxley

Although it is impolite to mention names I will say that I personally refer to the Wilcocks and Hoglands of the world and those who provides them with the stage.
At the same time, as usual it is our own responsibility to invest our energy and discernement wisely and I believe (correct me if I am wrong), simply put, that this is partly what you are trying to convey.

ceetee9
5th April 2013, 21:22

That´s exact the point; The alternative media is just as invaluable as her mainstream sister. Not more, not less.
I'm sorry, my mistake. I thought you were inferring that the alternative media was more full of BS than the MSM and, therefore, a waste of time.
And I agree that there indeed are good ethical journalists out there (I've known a couple), but they cave to pressures from above to not print a story or the truth which, in my book, makes them no better than the SOBs who will gladly print whatever lies they're told to print. Virtually all other credible journalists are either marginalized, out of work, or dead. Ok, it's not quite that bad. My bad! :rolleyes:

Sidney
5th April 2013, 21:36
Intention is key here, but we also have to remember that there is a whole slough of people in the world today that have absolutely no EMPATHY. This is most likely by design IMO (bred that way deliberately), and people like that don't even know what intention is. They have one motive. Others don't really even matter, or exist as far as they are concerned. I think that is what makes life so incredibly challenging at the moment. Part of being awake, is recognizing and being able to spot these people (sociopaths,naarcissists...or whatever you wish to call them). They are everywhere, exp. in the media. And in my opinion they ARE the enemy.
What makes them so dangerous is their lack of empathy/feeling. Most people don't do bad things because they either don't want to hurt others. It feels bad.
If they can't/don't/won't feel, then there is nothing stopping them from their dirty deeds.

CosmicKat
5th April 2013, 23:27
What an excellent thread! And a personal thanks for posting it. There are so many people that are basically asleep at the wheel so to speak. I have tried many times to wake my own Family and Friends up, make them aware of what's really important, to open their eye's.. but unfortunately when I speak of the truth and what I see, feel, grasp, I get the ole roll of the eyes.

Again, great thread!

Hervé
6th April 2013, 01:02
Raf, thank you for taking up the baton on this.

Regarding "learning" and knowledge, there was an old Gypsy master who made this strange observation, again and again: individuals who exhibited a natural "gift" for healing others, would -- no exceptions -- lose that gift if they ever started to "learn" about anatomy or biology... makes one wonder about those spending years in medical schools...

Another aspect of any audio-visual media, as compared to printed media where imagination and discernment can take place due to a slower rate of intake, was demonstrated by the radio broadcast of H.G. Wells' "The War of the Worlds": instant panic.

That opened the market to tap into the "gullibles" by not leaving them any "time to think." That led to the tapping into, triggering and manipulation of the content of cultural, atavic "unconscious" and ultimately to "psyops" we, now, are bombarded with from all directions and quarters and which derailed the "Sixties."

So, here is the template for psyops:

The disaster of manufactured consent in the Matrix (http://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2013/03/15/the-disaster-of-manufactured-consent-in-the-matrix/)
by Jon Rappoport March 15, 2013
www.nomorefakenews.com (http://www.nomorefakenews.com/)

This article may seem to be about abstract theory, but it isn’t. It’s about how populations are viewed by psychological-operations specialists.

More importantly, it’s about how people are led to accept substitutes for their own highest ideals. The substitutes look like the real thing, but they’re actually very well drawn cartoons.

The most successful long-terms psyops are aimed at getting people to accept “good things, wonderful things.” Except, it turns out that these things magically evaporate and leave populations in the lurch.

Imagine for a moment that every crisis we now find ourselves in, every form of pollution and poisoning and every war and every mass destruction of life…was preceded and precipitated by…a psyop that looked like a golden destiny of fulfillment.

Okay. Let’s begin.

At some point, every intelligent human develops their own reality.

This reality isn’t usually a clear, articulated, and overall position. It tends to be a hodge-podge of linked ideas, preferences, feelings, principles, and morals.

Nevertheless, consciously and unconsciously, the person refers to it often, and uses it as a tool with which to navigate through life.

In the Matrix, there is pressure to have people connect their realities to each other. Why? Because groups can thus be created. Groups are easier to compromise than individuals.

We get the concept of hooked ideas. A hooked idea is one which will entice people to merge their realities into One. The hooked idea can be expressed as a slogan, a so-called meme, a principle. It is introduced by people who work psyops.

A psyop is a campaign to herd people into a place where their individual realities overlap.

For the propagandist, there is the eternal search for the good, better, and best hooking idea, the one that will collect the greatest possible number of people under one roof.

This has nothing to do with true progress or honest intent. It has everything to do with control.

Therefore, the actual content and substance and meaning of the hooking idea is irrelevant. A retired propaganda operative once told me, “If I could broadcast a piece of absolute gibberish from one end of the planet to the other, and have it picked up and consented to, I would do it.”

For a psyop specialist, the jackpot is a large group of hooked ideas that, taken together, change the world, and bring a billion or more people’s realities into one overlapping space.

Here is a current ongoing group of such hooked ideas. Before you read them, remember that the aim of such ideas is collecting people under AN IMITATION OF THE REAL THING.

Whatever meaning these hooked ideas have, they are not searching out people to move them into actual individual choices. No, the objective is to rope them under a fake banner that looks real.

“Help others. Help the needy. Raise up the needy. We’re all in this together. Greatest good. Greatest good for the greatest number. Humanity as one. Peace. Let’s all cooperate. The human family…”

This is only a partial list of the group of hooked ideas.

These ideas are transmitted to the global population through every means possible: ads, public service announcements, political speeches, movies, articles, books, the news, television shows of every type, the education system. It’s a blitz, and it doesn’t stop. All the angles are played.

The psyop calculation runs this way: the majority of people who buy in and connect their realities to other people’s realities and achieve overlap—will go passive and accept “the new humane society.” All these people are complete pawns.

The sector of people who buy in and thus share realities, collectively, and then DO something about it…these people will follow a prescribed path. They’ll join the approved groups and campaign for the chosen causes. They’re dupes.

The very small fraction of people who buy into the group of hooked ideas and think of them as genuine and real, and also DO something genuine and real and good about it, will create a manageable amount of disruption to the scheme and the objective—which by the way is a completely collectivist planet. The operative word here is “manageable.”

This same retired propaganda operative, who goes by the pseudonym of Ellis Medavoy (I interview him 28 times in one section of my collection, THE MATRIX REVEALED (http://marketplace.mybigcommerce.com/the-matrix-revealed-vol-1-cd-by-jon-rappoport-mega-info/)), explained this “psyop calculation”:

“The target of a terrific psyop is yearning and longing. That’s what I looked for when I was working: what people long and yearn for. Something unformed and undefined but very powerful. That’s what I wanted to tap into.

“If I could tap into that, people would buy in and surrender a significant part of whatever their personal world looks like. Because they want to believe they’re coming together with like-minded others. They’ll also believe the path laid out for them is correct and proper and wonderful. This is really a fake religion we’re talking about.

“A fake religion. It’s really for children, and most people turn out to be children. Give them a group of high-minded ideas, and they’ll grab on and think everything they’ve done up to that moment is a prelude to THIS.

“We [operatives] are playing a symphony, you see, and once they listen to the prelude, they’re hooked. They stay. They long for the climax, which doesn’t exist; not the way they imagine it. To them it’s all about ‘arrival in the promised land,’ as if that’s some kind of gift that’s wrapped up under the tree, waiting to be opened.

“We give them a fake god, a dead-end god. If they were once burning with authentic faith, we derail that and take them to another place…”

In truth, there is no such thing as the sum of all personal realities. That concept is a delusion that is foisted on people.

As I stated at the beginning of this article, each person has their own reality. It may be a hodge-podge, it may be borrowed to some degree, but it IS the reality of the individual. Each person has the opportunity, if he takes it, to expand that reality and make it more profound, on his own terms.

But once he becomes mesmerized by the notion of overlapping his reality with others, he’s in a whole different pew.

Here is another very important distinction: you and I and others could, for example, decide to start a business. We could cooperate in this new enterprise. We could decide on common objectives. We could be inspired to a tremendous degree. But we are still—each of us—carrying along our individual realities. That’s what gives us our core individual strength. That’s what allows us to contribute to the group.

And we’re aware of what we’re doing. We’re choosing to do it.

That’s quite different from falling under the sway of a psyop. That’s quite different from buying into hooked ideas on a emotional level. That’s quite different from accepting the generalized idea of an emotional and spiritual merger of our personal realities.

In the latter case, what is happening is the supreme irony: people are buying the idea that their freedom actually equals their merging.

It is exactly this “merging” that obsessed technocrats are proposing. They see it in terms of humans and machines “coming together.” (http://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2013/02/16/can-you-trust-a-new-brain-with-an-iq-of-7000/) This is their envisioned promised land. The ability to instantly access trillions of pieces of information and do lightning-speed calculation and organize that information in countless ways is their version of personal revelation.

It’s their fake religion.

Humans and machines as One is, if you examine it, the sacrifice of personal reality.
Of course, technocrats don’t see it that way. But that’s what they’re doing.
Information is only one component of personal reality—and they’re blowing that up into a god.

There is a sequence at work here. First, with the development of the computer, people could search and find information. Now, they can have computers anticipate what the desired information is and provide it. Finally, people will be given—quite apart from their desires—the information they require, as adjudicated by experts.

This has less and less to do with personal reality.

Manufactured consent in the Matrix is a bit of a misnomer. Manufactured consent IS the Matrix, at the most profound level.

Whatever a person has as his personal reality is something to build on. You might say it’s the engine by which he can set sail and voyage. And during his personally navigated voyage, he enlarges and changes his personal reality. It becomes more powerful. It becomes more a matter of imagination and a life lived through and by imagination.

In this light, cooperation with others takes on a whole new meaning. The longing and obsession to overlap his reality with that of others fades in importance.

His immunity to hooked ideas becomes stronger.

The very notion of what personal reality is changes. It is no longer simply a fixed configuration set in concrete.

The psyop is aimed at disintegrating the personal voyage.

It is aimed at flattening the emotions and shortening the perspective and short-circuiting the fire in the soul.

Hooked ideas and manufacturing consent and overlapping realities and merging are the tools used to deaden life and invent the collective future.

In that future, each person becomes a mirror that reflects every other person. And it turns out that there is no substance at all in the trillions of rebounding reflections.

The endless overlapping deletes all content.

Personal reality and the personal voyage are the WAKING UP that breaks the trance.

A great deal of history of the human race, littered as it is with suffering and pain and war and hunger, was produced by competing psyops.

Each side was utterly convinced that its ideals were superior. What neither side realized was that everybody, on all sides, was accepting a psyop substitute of their own personal reality. That was the big switch.

Each person on each side had bought into a hooking idea that looked so good and so right and so wonderful.

And each person was operating on a false basis. Each person had, without noticing it, misplaced his own personal reality.

You could accurately write, on many gravestones: “I died for a psyop.”

In this day and age, political leaders have entirely given up the notion of personal reality, if they even understand what it means. For them, it’s all about psyop, because they are thinking about mass and number and population. They are looking for central hooking ideas—the very best they can find—and how to express them and transmit them as convincingly as possible.

The major differences between these leaders are to be found in how well they function as mouthpieces for hooking ideas.

Freedom? Democracy? The will of the people? A better future for all? Equality? Justice? These are merely concepts in search of ways to run psyops.

Jon Rappoport

Davidallany
6th April 2013, 04:36
To me intellectual awakening must lead to some kind of spiritual awakening. I think there are people who have intellectually awakened, and there are others who have had some spiritual awakening in varying degrees. In spiritual awakening one is increasingly aware of thoughts and feelings that arise within the presumed inner space of the presumed self and have some control over them due to constant attention. In intellectual awakening one slowly grows aware of thoughts and emotions once the objects outside of the presumed self lose their magic therefore the person starts resting more and more on the presumed inner space from which one can watch thought and feelings.

mosquito
6th April 2013, 04:39
Raf, thank you for taking up the baton on this.

That is possibly the best description of the matrix and our "reality" that I've ever read.

GarethBKK
6th April 2013, 09:07
Fascinating thread, Raf. Thank you.

To awaken is to experience the incredible peace of knowing life's purpose: one simply must bring love, joy and peace to everything. In the words of Joseph Campbell: "The ultimate aim of the quest must be neither release nor ecstasy for oneself, but the wisdom and the power to serve others." With this comes an awareness of that which works to preserve life and that which works against life. David R. Hawkins is astoundingly clear on this distinction in his books. The awareness allows one when reading any story of current affairs to instinctively know 1) whether the writer/medium is working entirely in self-interest or whether there is a philanthropic motive, and 2) whether the item being reported has substance as being life preserving, endangering or inconsequential. The awakened become guided in what to do to meet the purpose of serving others.

minkton
6th April 2013, 09:21
[/U]
This may sound stupid and simplistic, and not to "stop" this thread, but the sentiments stated by all above are the nuts and bolts, its as if there is nothing that needs to be added to this, be kind re wind and re read what those above have said. You dont have to re read my sentence though.

Yes. I see that "support system" is vital for those changing channels, to nurture through the switch. The amount of confirmatory nodding that goes on is quite ... stuck seeming, to me. What exactly is the point of huge verbiage of agreement....is it a displacement activity to alleviate the tension of not knowing how on earth to truly wake up?
Much confirmatory nodding is comforting, no doubt.. is it also trance - sharing?
Is it something like this :
Ditto
Ditto
Ditto
Ditto
Ditto
Ditto
Ditto
Ditto
Ditto
Ditto

?.....

gripreaper
6th April 2013, 15:02
Kinda makes you long for the "good old days" when alternative self financed journalists were pure and unmolested, before the big boys and all their toys came along and infiltrated and created counter intel, propaganda and distractions.

But I must say, having been through the valley of the shadow of disinfo, and been suckered into a few stories myself, this discernment of which you speak, requires a level of discernment which must be discerned in order to provide the level of discernment needed to discern what is being discerned. I've found I need to discern my own discernment's discernment.

What is gratifying, is we do not have any Drake threads here with over 3000 responses, or 16 different Charles threads running at the same time with each thread running in the thousands.. Remember?

That does not mean the channelers have gone away, or the Drakes. It means Avalonian's have become more discerning. Hey, check this out just for some fun this morning. I love the line right after the first paragraph sets you up..

JAKARTA, April 5, 2013: Word has reached Neil Keenan here that the banking cabal’s fear and desperation are now moving into what may be a final phase. They tried triggering World War III and that didn’t work. They thought they could depopulate the planet through designer diseases, and that didn’t work. They thought they could escape to vast underground cities, and (thanks to off-planet allies) that can no longer work. Facing exposure, humiliation, and prison (if they are lucky) they are now down to their last desperate throw: to create financial chaos by collapsing world currencies and pulling off a vast Cyprus-style theft of middle-class savings in the U.S. As global forces line up behind Neil Keenan, the Alliance, the Qing Dynasty, and the imminent “Changing of the Guard” to reclaim control over the Global Collateral Accounts, the oligarchs are desperately stockpiling gold in the hope that they can once more dominate an impoverished humanity by surviving the chaos that they themselves plan to trigger.

Not going to happen – they made the mistake of stealing from Neil Keenan.

http://jhaines6.wordpress.com/2013/04/06/neil-keenan-update-global-financial-alert-race-against-time-to-prevent-banksters-plan-to-trigger-meltdown-fear-of-keenan-driving-cabal-panic/

Now, the savior "meme" is still alive and well. See the arrogance in the last line above? Neil Keenan is being held up as the one man taking down the cabal and getting us all access to the global accounts, you know all the wealth of this planet which was absconded by these bankers, who are running scared and backed into a corner because of Neil? You can still file OPPT paperwork or jump onto that bandwagon if you want.

I see a shift. I see people looking at the Korean sabre rattling and going, oh darn, the banksters wont let up until all rogue countries are part of the centralized system, and we'll use war like we always have, and the sheep will buy into it...

I understand your frustration. It does at times feel like people are not waking up and not realizing the truth behind the news, but as long as they don't shut the internet down and there are people like you who are not afraid to speak the truth, we can still depolarize this energetic matrix and bring it back into balance.

sleepy
6th April 2013, 15:48
xxxxx xxxxx

bruno dante
6th April 2013, 16:01
Occasionally I'll see a rallying cry for 'discernment' on the forum, as well as some added encouragement to 'not follow leaders'. There is also the requisite demand that Avalon become something it's not, that it somehow become more than an internet forum...something like a rebellion of sorts.

We all know what discernment means, but applying it is subjective. One persons's discernment is another's foolishness. There will always be videos and threads here that many think are foolish. In this way Avalon will never change. And I say: so what? There will always be crime it big cities too. Not too much you can do about it.

Another thing: I think the alt. community is so paranoid with being taken in again (think 'Charles' here) that the mantra of 'think for yourself' has become more of a maniacal knee jerk reaction than an actual cry for discernment. People are overly defensive. I see many alt leaders that haven't even so much as as whispered the words "money" or "follow me", and yet, there are dozens waiting with their cyber nooses and spears, foaming at the mouth, dying to take them down. The sensitivity level is extremely high. Someone start a thread about poor David Wilcock and you'll see what I mean. And just because someone has started a few threads about, say, David Icke, doesn't necessarily mean they have a creepy altar dedicated to him...candles, the silly picture etc...But as soon as threads like this get started, you'll get the inevitable self-appointed wise sage, who'll tell you how to think even as he's encouraging you to think for yourself, telling you Icke is rubbish and you're a fool to "follow" him (as if the op has spent his entire life dropping rose petals at the man's feet or something...)

I see Avalon as having a huge and meaningful role in the alt community, but I don't see it changing too much. And that's ok. Sometimes it's enough to simply keep the conversation going, even if we are retreading the same stuff over and over again. Individuals change first...then perhaps we'll all get the rebellion we want.

Sammy
6th April 2013, 16:37
The timing of this post, Raf, could not be better. Fantastic OP. Thanks too to Amzer Zo and Grip and Vivek and others. Nothing I can add - but had to say thanks (and hopefully I can improve on my own discernment and post less crazy, speculative stuff like I have done from time to time).

Ultima Thule
7th April 2013, 17:17

Cheers,

Raf.

Hmmm, interesting! Where can I sign up to following you? Do you tweet or blog?!
:ranger:
Seriously, a good post Raf!

UT

Ba-ba-Ra
7th April 2013, 18:26
Great OP and interesting responses.

I have learned that when anything from any source immediately grabs me emotionally - that I should take a step backwards, out of the energy of it - and look as if from afar. This generally works for me. Learning to take things in quietly (without the knee-jerk reactions) has been a journey!

As for going in circles, I see much of this in the Matrix, but I've also seen where suddenly the circles become a Spiral (both up and down) and where the spiral is up, progress is made. And recently I have seen many who I thought could not change easily or at all because they were so locked into a belief system, suddenly make a huge move forward. This has given me much hope for our planet.

Eram
7th April 2013, 18:37
Great OP and interesting responses.

I have learned that when anything from any source immediately grabs me emotionally - that I should take a step backwards, out of the energy of it - and look as if from afar. This generally works for me. Learning to take things in quietly (without the knee-jerk reactions) has been a journey!

As for going in circles, I see much of this in the Matrix, but I've also seen where suddenly the circles become a Spiral (both up and down) and where the spiral is up, progress is made. And recently I have seen many who I thought could not change easily or at all because they were so locked into a belief system, suddenly make a huge move forward. This has given me much hope for our planet.

Bless you Ba-ba-Ra,

For all the wisdom, insight and most of all, the quality of the heart that you display in all your posts here on Avalon.

I always feel a weight lifted from my shoulders when I read your posts :)

mahalall
8th April 2013, 07:51
letting go of the channel and seeing the change,
it's a great time to see and share the flux

Star Tsar
8th April 2013, 22:21
Bill has some rather good advice on discernment/handling information in this interview.
Primarily about gulf oil spill good advice comes after that about half way through.

LBGMRSUyOcI

PS Bill I'd like to look inside your maybe box!

:p

kirolak
9th April 2013, 05:24
Perhaps a bit off the topic, but if I may jump in here to share this: what I look for, is any information or report which "opens a new channel" in my brain - & lately I have come to the (I suppose) rather odd conclusion that the veracity of the information is not as important as the way it changes my perception. Rather in the way that good quality science fiction does; a means to an end.

Naturally, I do not like being lied to, but there is so much information from so many sources that in the end one is required to dismiss some of it as intentional lies. But if a lie leads one to follow up on something that one would not otherwise have done/thought of, I still see a "value" to it. Same with hoaxes, which used to make me really angry - I no longer have that sense of outrage that someone has tried to manipulate "my" reality; I can laugh & dismiss it, or else think "What if. . . "

Ba-ba-Ra
9th April 2013, 17:23
Perhaps a bit off the topic, but if I may jump in here to share this: what I look for, is any information or report which "opens a new channel" in my brain - & lately I have come to the (I suppose) rather odd conclusion that the veracity of the information is not as important as the way it changes my perception. Rather in the way that good quality science fiction does; a means to an end.

Naturally, I do not like being lied to, but there is so much information from so many sources that in the end one is required to dismiss some of it as intentional lies. But if a lie leads one to follow up on something that one would not otherwise have done/thought of, I still see a "value" to it. Same with hoaxes, which used to make me really angry - I no longer have that sense of outrage that someone has tried to manipulate "my" reality; I can laugh & dismiss it, or else think "What if. . . "

Thanks for jumping in. Very insightful. IMO our understanding of what we call Reality is so limited, in the end who can really say what Truth is. My Truth has certainly changed through the years - as I believe it is meant to do. Consciousness was meant to expand and how could consciousness expand without us considering new ideas and concepts?

Perhaps the answer to Raf's original question, which I believe was what does it mean to be awake: If you are awake, your Truth is changing and expanding. If you are not awake you still believe what you decided was Truth in the past and are locked into it.

Ralph Waldo Emerson's quote comes to mind: (Paraphrasing here). Consistency is the hobble gobbal of little minds

donk
11th April 2013, 17:55
What I have been trying to do, whether successfully or not, is to bring to light perhaps what makes discernment so difficult: our tendancy to generalize, to not think deeply about anything, to draw conclusions before enough information is obtained--to "know" something without looking at it from all angles, and without truly understanding the nature and/or motives of what all the elements involved are truly about.

What I am getting at is this: Nearly everything that "happens" is an individual conscious decision, and should be traced back as such—in order to get some semblance of “truth”. Those we consider "enlightened" or "awake" approach the issue they are talking about by breaking it down into that...for example, this thread is exploring the alternative media:

The most compelling researchers and whistleblowers are the ones who present verifiable claims as to decisions a being made in order to create whatever aspect of reality it is that the speaker is talking about. In theory, we as discerners of the information will decide if the information is worth looking further into, and take a step beyond just looking at the “evidence” presented, but finding out where the evidence came from, trying to determine why that was used and actually try to verify that piece, and so on. When you run into an entity that is incapable of making decisions on its own (a state/country/government, a corporation/business/organization, a religion/sect/cause, etc), you cannot leave it at that—it is necessary to take the next step, and refuse to accept “knowledge” that are attributed to these thought forms incapable of independent thought…if you truly want to find a root of an issue/problem/event. Otherwise, it seems to me, you are just assigning blame to a strawman, rendering yourself helpless and powerless to it.

Then on the individual level, you can never assume you know WHY a person chooses to do anything, unless you have some superpower where you can actually feel that persons emotions while perfectly reading their thoughts, all while having a complete understanding of all of the events and that person’s interpretation of their entire experience up to the point of that given decision. In fact, I am not certain any of us can even do that with every decision WE make OURSELVES…so any “fact” about why someone does something is necessarily never black & white, cut & dry, 100% certain.

So in order to effect change in a pure way true to your intent, you find the CREATOR (the individual who consciously decided to bring into reality whatever the given thing is that we are talking about/attempting to discern and understand) and get them to explain to you their intent, and show you whatever it is they have as far as evidence or motive to give you a reason to believe what they are saying (and even then, keep open the possibility that they may be deceiving you).

The reason it so difficult on the highest levels, is that the “creators” of the situation (whether it be the people who decided spray cr@p in our air, introduce GMOs, weaponize technology, control populations) are often hidden and/or deceitful…and most cases completely inaccessible. So it makes it all the more important to drill down to the level of intent any messenger of any information of these folks.

In my opinion, I am currently too far away, out of touch, unconnected to ever have access to even the people who deliver these messages (these whistleblowers), so I will never know the true intent of any of them, which makes discernment much more difficult. I will never truly know the reason WHY these people are transmitting whatever information, and as Bill can probably attest—even if I get to converse with them directly, they can completely misdirect you or have been misinformed themselves. You never can know the entire context of anything…but I feel that it is important to try hard to get as close as you can.

And more importantly, once you understand how individuals create reality, that everything that we experience is influenced by individual decisions, you realize how important it is to take personal responsibility for yours…after all, it’s really all you can do. And it starts to make sense when you ask “who is enlightened”, 50% of the answers from the posters will say “YOU, of course, just look within”.

I just rambled for most of my lunch break, and I hope it makes sense…I like to say I’ll come back and edit/proofread, and y’all probably know by know that’s more than likely a lie. Anyway, my point is this:

We all create reality, with our individual decisions—that’s our “god-given equality”…the problem is, there is mechanics to it, there is ways to manipulate it, having this knowledge allows you to take that power from another, and there’s folks that have known this so long ago and mastered it so well that they’ve hidden the fact that they’ve hidden this fact (if that makes sense?). We are starting to wake up to it. Some here are better at it than others. But we all need to get good at it.

And to do that, it is to look at everything, every aspect of our reality, through that lens—we all came into being with the same creative power, and in this incarnation most of came into a place where beings that knew this used this knowledge against the majority….and their greatest weapon is deception, the easiest way to deceive is to bombard the masses with reams and loads of crap. We need to take responsibility of our thoughts and beliefs, apply this practicing personal responsibility to every experience, remain always as completely conscious as we are able—personally I do this by constantly asking myself, no matter how big or how little my task or thought or feeling: what is the purpose of your presence?

Bubu
5th June 2013, 21:10
Awaken means you already realized your ignorance. As your mind gets clearer you'll see that there is even more to understand.

When I first joined this forum last May I almost left within the first month due to all the channeling and sensational "ET's battles" going on etc. There were literally dozens of threads about stuff that made no logical sense to me and were way beyond possible real events IMO.

Yes and some of these are getting still more attention. This must happen as sites like these are target for disinformation. I see a couple of deception agents here and probably will see more. Perhaps I should post something about how to spot these.