PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of John Lennon's "Imagine"?

UpToLight
8th April 2013, 17:49
It is interesting to me how you accept this song. Many think it is anthem of humanity, some think it is just Illuminati message that depicts NWO (at least I think many accept this version). Considering Lennon fought against Nixon and participated in many peace riots against Vietnam war he really wasn't friend of "Elite". He returned his MBE orden (which Queen gave to The Beatles in 1965) to Queen in 1969 with this message:

"Your Majesty,

I am returning my MBE as a protest against Britain's involvement in the Nigeria-Biafra thing, against our support of America in Vietnam and against 'Cold Turkey' slipping down the charts.

With love. John Lennon of Bag"

I mean he clearly was anti-government. I also suspect secret societies in his death. I don't accept that Lennon and many other great persons were "assasinated". It was just takedown.
So is "Imagine" great message for humanity or NWO anthem? I am just curious about your opinions.

Edit: And of course his famous quotes:

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaRRHRV-DPk

donk
8th April 2013, 17:53
It's my anthem. I live for today. You may say that I'm a dreamer...

s3nru
8th April 2013, 18:59
Funny story about 'come together' - Lennon promised timothy leary he'd write the campaign song for leary if leary ran for governor; later though they split ways Lennon honored the agreement with 'come together', a strangely dark anthem that would never get to be used by leary, who ended up incarcerated for marijuana possession (he would have run against a young Ronald reagan)

Maunagarjana
8th April 2013, 19:10
I think people project a lot of things onto the song, like that it's communist or whatever. He just wanted people to imagine a better world and let go of the limiting beliefs that are keeping us from realizing it. I think there's a utopian idealist inside everyone. Maybe it's buried deep inside, for some it's more like it's tied up and gagged and kept in the dungeon, but it's there, and that song speaks to that part of everyone.

kreagle
8th April 2013, 20:28
I think people project a lot of things onto the song, like that it's communist or whatever. He just wanted people to imagine a better world and let go of the limiting beliefs that are keeping us from realizing it. I think there's a utopian idealist inside everyone. Maybe it's buried deep inside, for some it's more like it's tied up and gagged and kept in the dungeon, but it's there, and that song speaks to that part of everyone.

Maunagarjana,

I, equally, think you are right in your observation about mankind, here.

I think there's a utopian idealist inside everyone.

Humanity has the innate desire, deep down inside, to rearrange this chaotic world in which we live into a better place. I simply believe Lennon used his musical intellect to express what we all feel, in some way or the other, about how to go about achieving such a noble undertaking as this.

This 'voice of prodding', ( ie. our conscience), is divinely designed to direct us to make that connection to God,.... if we will allow it to, but ultimately causes 'many' to venture out on their own and to become their own god and creator. I believe Lennon chose the latter of these 'two' pathways. He was very brilliant, no doubt about it, but his brilliance often drove him to the point of madness. Such is the case for those who fail to make that connectivity with God, so that He can assist them in their quest of sorting this chaotic world out.

Proverbs 14:12 (KJV)

12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Life is very much like a 'jigsaw puzzle' where we are constantly endeavoring to piece together the countless pieces so that it will all come together in a form that we can understand and accurately visualize. In our many moments of 'frustration' , ( or ignorance), we often find ourselves 'forcing the pieces together' when they actually don't belong together to begin with. Our Master fully understands this 'puzzle' and anxiously awaits His opportunity to 'assist' us, if we will only invite Him into our lives.

BTW,....I, too, love the Beatles music, and equally related to the 'musical genius' that they often employed.

Your brother, friend, and servant,......kreagle

Mandala
8th April 2013, 21:06
But donk, your not the only one.

andrewgreen
8th April 2013, 21:38
He was free in his mind and wanted other people to be too. I think if people believe that is an Illuminati song then they have been got, hook, line and sinker.

Ellisa
8th April 2013, 22:09
Oh for heaven's sake!!!!! If you can't accept a lovely song with a beautiful melody and an inspiring message then I think you must have wrung the joy out of your life and be left with the husk.

giovonni
8th April 2013, 22:39
perhaps John's partner and wife Yoko Ono ~ says it best ...

"a dream you dream alone is only a dream
a dream you dream together is reality"

though i never resonated with Yoko's energy, i strangely find myself totally agreeing with these (her) words.:o

donk
8th April 2013, 23:54
I been thinking about this all day, and can only come to the conclusion that if you think John Lennon is a tool of the illumanati or somehow promoting them or even inadvertently spreading any of their ideas...and ESPECIALLY this particular song...well either you...or I...have him/it completely misunderstood.

Unless you're saying the fact he was brought to our consciousness through the media, and he actually functioned within western civilized norms, spoke the queens English, was not a hermit...well everygoddam body is. I agree to that.

But he showed what it would be like not to be enslaved by them better than nearly any other slave I've met, seen or heard of.

bruno dante
9th April 2013, 00:50
Well its anti-nationalism, its anti-religion, anti-capitalism...but with enough sugar poured on to make it palatable to even your average far right republican;) Which makes me laugh because they
have no idea what they're singing, ha!

John was a clever guy. One of my heroes.

Kimberley
9th April 2013, 01:55
One of the best songs ever! Kind of a theme song for me.

I have never mourned for a person I did not know as I did for JL before or since...

Here is one of my first youtube videos from over 5 years ago inspired from The "Imagine" song:

TEYCfhNyqnw

uploaded on Jan 14, 2008
I am entering this video in the One Minute Shift video contest group for www.oneminuteshift.com. I only learned of this today and the dead line is tomorrow...I spent one day to do this :-) so it is simple, however it does send the message I feel led to share in 24 hours time....
Please contact me! I am here to serve you!

Love & Light Kimberley

Much love! :grouphug: Much peace! :peace:

Wind
9th April 2013, 03:00
I think that John was a very spiritual person, in the true sense. He's always been one of my idols.

...And he was not the only dreamer. :)

UpToLight
9th April 2013, 07:07
I am happy that you accept Imagine like this. Some of my friends don't like it because it says "no religion too". If we create a society like Lennon said in song why we need religion. The purpose of religion (of course, if religions aren't mass control tools) is love, union, respect like Lennon said in song. I am happy that many accept this as a great spiritual music than call to NWO or something!:peace:

donk
9th April 2013, 13:24
That's the trickiest thing the "illumanati" types did, made emotional attachments to belonging to an institution, and hiding the fact it has nearly nothing to do with anything spiritual.

Religion would be fine if sharing their messages were more important than "being right". As it were, they are mostly mong the most divisive thought forms ever devised...imagine if that were apparent to everybody

donk
9th April 2013, 13:31
Imagine if people didnt get upset at the mere suggestion of an idea that challenges a "cherished" belief.

Feeling threatened by an idea opposite of yours is choosing fear. I only hear messages of love from the song, and most of what Lennon had to say

blufire
9th April 2013, 14:15
Ever since this thread ‘We Need to Depopulate the Earth’, I see Lennon in a whole other light and understanding. Start around page #9 and specifically post #166 by jorr lundstrom (of whom I miss greatly)

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?42567-We-Need-to-Depopulate-the-Earth/page9&highlight=georgia+guidestones+lennon

From jorr’s suggestions I did quite a bit of research into Lennon and the Guide Stones and was utterly fascinated with what I found.

As far as the song ‘Imagine’ . . . . . I think it is loaded with insight that we regular folk can only imagine the true underlying message.

UpToLight
9th April 2013, 15:11
Ever since this thread ‘We Need to Depopulate the Earth’, I see Lennon in a whole other light and understanding. Start around page #9 and specifically post #166 by jorr lundstrom (of whom I miss greatly)

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?42567-We-Need-to-Depopulate-the-Earth/page9&highlight=georgia+guidestones+lennon

From jorr’s suggestions I did quite a bit of research into Lennon and the Guide Stones and was utterly fascinated with what I found.

As far as the song ‘Imagine’ . . . . . I think it is loaded with insight that we regular folk can only imagine the true underlying message.

I have read some posts from that thread. But I don't understand if jorr lundstrom thinks Gerogia guidestones was built by Lennon or not (I don't think so). Its one commandment says 'maintain humanity under 500 million'. I don't know what this line means or is it evil or not. Lennon's wife Yoko once cheered guidestones but what would John think about it?
I believe it was built by New Agers or something like that. Conspiracy theorists even call it "Ten Commandments of Illuminati". I could agree with idea of maintaining population but if it was done by Earth itself not by governments. I have mixed feelings about guidestones especially because of that line. Other commandments are actually good messages.

bruno dante
9th April 2013, 17:37
I am happy that you accept Imagine like this. Some of my friends don't like it because it says "no religion too". If we create a society like Lennon said in song why we need religion. The purpose of religion (of course, if religions aren't mass control tools) is love, union, respect like Lennon said in song. I am happy that many accept this as a great spiritual music than call to NWO or something!:peace:

In the abstract (and in the right hands), "no religion" and "no countries" sounds wonderful, and *would* be wonderful imho. John was a spiritual guy, very, and I don't think I need to say this but I'm gonna say it anyway: his intentions were pure and not to be confused with the nefarious "New World Order". Thanks for pointing this out UpToLight;

QfBpVn0ESqA

Mike Gorman
9th April 2013, 17:53
Imagine no possessions, I wonder if you can...very much a list of all that is illusory and divisive-Religion, National boundaries and money, all the abstractions that Human society has constructed
to enable Power and elitism-all the things that prevent us from being actually 'Human'. I too look forward to the day when these abstractions are revealed for what they are, A falsehood and obstacle.
Good on ya John, you were one of the real ones mate...

Conchis
10th April 2013, 11:28
In the story of how John and Yoko met, who knows if it's really true or not, but I think it is, Yoko was a performance artist in New York. Her piece was a ladder that you had to climb. At the top there was a tiny piece of paper on the ceiling with a magnifying glass hanging down next to the piece of paper. If you looked through the glass you could see the word "YES" printed on the paper. It was this piece of work that first drove him to connect with her. It was a positive message that he responded to. I think that says a lot about his view of the world in general. To me Imagine is nothing but positive, a wish that the dividing concepts that artificially keep us at war would disappear and we were free to join a new kind of living.

UpToLight
10th April 2013, 15:01
In the story of how John and Yoko met, who knows if it's really true or not, but I think it is, Yoko was a performance artist in New York. Her piece was a ladder that you had to climb. At the top there was a tiny piece of paper on the ceiling with a magnifying glass hanging down next to the piece of paper. If you looked through the glass you could see the word "YES" printed on the paper. It was this piece of work that first drove him to connect with her. It was a positive message that he responded to. I think that says a lot about his view of the world in general. To me Imagine is nothing but positive, a wish that the dividing concepts that artificially keep us at war would disappear and we were free to join a new kind of living.

There are 2 verisons of their meeting according to Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_lennon#Yoko_Ono

One version is close to yours but not the same.

Conchis
10th April 2013, 20:55
Who knows...the story I read, I think was in one of the unofficial biographies...and was similar to this... this is reportedly from John.... http://www.flickr.com/photos/yokoonoofficial/2891959833/

UpToLight
10th April 2013, 21:38
Who knows...the story I read, I think was in one of the unofficial biographies...and was similar to this... this is reportedly from John.... http://www.flickr.com/photos/yokoonoofficial/2891959833/

I just checked his 1971 Rolling Stone interview (http://imaginepeace.com/archives/4385) and he talks about this version. It seems you are right.