PDA

View Full Version : interesting leak, what goes on behind the scenes.....

crosby
10th April 2013, 09:19
i just read this article and i must say that i am not surprised - another pin point into the dirty deeds that go on behind closed doors.......

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/apr/09/mitch-mcconnell-ashley-judd-secret-recording

Mitch McConnell campaign cries foul over leak of Ashley Judd tape

Recording leaked of Kentucky senator staff meeting where Judd's mental health and 'suicidal tendencies' were discussed

Paul Harris in New York
The Guardian, Tuesday 9 April 2013
Jump to comments (69)

"The most senior Republican in the US Senate presided over a meeting of his top staff at which they discussed how to attack the actor Ashley Judd, a potential challenger to his seat, as suicidal and emotionally unbalanced, it was claimed on Tuesday.

Mother Jones magazine published a secret recording of an opposition research meeting between Mitch McConnell and his senior aides that took place on 2 February, at a time when Judd was thought to be preparing the groundwork for a run against the powerful Kentucky senator.

Judd decided not to run citing the need to spend time with her family but for much of the past six months there had been intense speculation that she would seek to enter politics.

Some conservative groups had already shot attack ads taking aim at her Hollywood career that painted her as an out-of-touch elitist liberal.

Mother Jones's tape reveals that McConnell was at a meeting where Judd was discussed in brutal terms. "I assume most of you have played the, the game Whac-A-Mole? This is the Whac-A-Mole period of the campaign when anybody sticks their head up, do them out," McConnell says at the start of the 12-minute tape."

just another tick on the back of America.
regards, corson