PDA

View Full Version : Great web browser privacy plugin

RMorgan
22nd April 2013, 15:31
Hey folks,

I´m just testing this browser plugin and my first impressions are really good. It really blocks a lot of stuff that could be used to track and expose your browsing routine and personal info.

Nowadays, the web is cluttered with advertising, analytics, and social widgets. These widgets slow down the pages you go to, send your personal info to tracking companies, and expose you to attackers.
Disconnect puts you in control of your data for faster, more private, more secure browsing. And unlike other filtering apps, Disconnect is optimized for speed. Pages use 17 percent less bandwidth and load 27 percent faster with Disconnect.
Watch this video to find out how.

Lvem1Z66C7Q

I used to use Ghostery, but I´m finding this one to be much better. Check it out:

https://disconnect.me/

Cheers,

Raf.

Eram
22nd April 2013, 15:38
The youtube says it loads pages 27% faster.

I just installed it and it looks more like 200% faster to me :)

Thanks Raf!!! :thumb:

Tesla_WTC_Solution
22nd April 2013, 15:58
I use ghostery and would love a faster addon!

thank you!

chancy
22nd April 2013, 16:12
Hello everyone: The problem with most privacy plugins is that they either try to control your computer or make the computer not do what you want it to! I tried ghostery and it was probably the worst software I have ever used to that point. Once I took it out of my computer the computer was working fine.
The best privacy program that I have used is "no script" which is an add on of firefox. Unless you want to send a script to that particular website or link you will be private. Works fast and you have complete control over your computer. (If you are a novice at computing it will take a day or two to get the hang of it.)
Well worth the time to use. Safe and easy. Wouldn't be without it now.
Have a wonderful week!
chancy

RMorgan
22nd April 2013, 16:49
Hello everyone: The problem with most privacy plugins is that they either try to control your computer or make the computer not do what you want it to! I tried ghostery and it was probably the worst software I have ever used to that point. Once I took it out of my computer the computer was working fine.
The best privacy program that I have used is "no script" which is an add on of firefox. Unless you want to send a script to that particular website or link you will be private. Works fast and you have complete control over your computer. (If you are a novice at computing it will take a day or two to get the hang of it.)
Have a wonderful week!
chancy

Well, none of such plugins ever messed with my computer, and I must say that I am quite computer savvy.

Probably, your PC was full of malware or viruses back then, which caused those incidents.

I used to run Ghostery in all my PCs and never had such a problem. I didn´t encounter any similar problem with Disconnect as well.

Sith73
22nd April 2013, 21:02
Noscript works well for firefox.

Soulboy
1st June 2013, 16:09
You can have all the privacy plug-ins you want, as long as you have a Google Toolbar and the associated cookie on your computer, all of that is a wasted effort. Newer browser versions like my Mac Firefox version do not leave the option of deleting the toolbar, but it can be switched to Startpage at least, not sure how much that helps, though

humanalien
1st June 2013, 16:41
Have a wonderful week!
chancy

Well, none of such plugins ever messed with my computer, and I must say that I am quite computer savvy.

Probably, your PC was full of malware or viruses back then, which caused those incidents.

I used to run Ghostery in all my PCs and never had such a problem. I didn´t encounter any similar problem with Disconnect as well.

Well. Come to my house and speed my computer up, would you? LOL