PDA

View Full Version : The War on Food - Farmed and Dangerous

Whiskey_Mystic
23rd April 2013, 14:50
I'd like to start a thread where we can talk about the war on food. If we already have one, let me know. I know Bill has some strong thoughts on this and has shared them before. Sounds like the war on food has not reached Ecuador so far.

Here is the story of one small battle in the War on Food. It brought me to tears and I donated to this woman's cause.

http://www.gofundme.com/FarmedAndDangerous

Deega
23rd April 2013, 16:27
Thanks Whiskey_Mystic to share this, I donated a small contribution to help her, it would be great if other members would help financially!

soleil
23rd April 2013, 19:16
i tried to donate, but i cannot with my debit/visa :(

Hip Hipnotist
23rd April 2013, 19:40
I'm in via PayPal.

Thanks for the post. Good cause.

Not that there aren't many. ;-)

Whiskey_Mystic
23rd April 2013, 19:51
It's lovely to see people here opening their hearts and helping this woman. But before this thread gets shut down for soliciting donations, the point of this thread is to talk about the war on food.

Elsewhere on the site we have discussed the pros and cons of different diets, fast food, nutrition, and such. For me, this all comes under the umbrella of what I have coined 'The War on Food". It's one aspect of the battle to control our minds and bodies and suppress our energetic vibration.

Here is an excerpt by John Robbins on the subject of dietary ethics.

http://www.johnrobbins.info/other-books-by-john/diet-for-a-new-america/

Hip Hipnotist
23rd April 2013, 21:04
It's lovely to see people here opening their hearts and helping this woman. But before this thread gets shut down for soliciting donations, the point of this thread is to talk about the war on food.

Elsewhere on the site we have discussed the pros and cons of different diets, fast food, nutrition, and such. For me, this all comes under the umbrella of what I have coined 'The War on Food". It's one aspect of the battle to control our minds and bodies and suppress our energetic vibration.

Here is an excerpt by John Robbins on the subject of dietary ethics.

http://www.johnrobbins.info/other-books-by-john/diet-for-a-new-america/

Good point(s) Whiskey, however talking about the 'war on food' is just that, talk. If you want to win the 'war on food' then you need to fight the war. This woman ( god knows how many more ) with those that choose to assist her may not win the war but just may win her battle. And if enough of these battles are won, with the aissistance of those that choose to contribute ( monetarily ) then perhaps the 'war on food' can be won. I can't think of a better cause.

I wouldn't think that this thread would get shut down for 'soliciting donations' since that obviously ( to me ) is not what the thread is about.

And so in keeping with the real point of the thread and 'talking about the war on food' I believe you are correct -- it is about controlling our minds, bodies and suppressing our energetic vibration. It's also about 'those that are behind it' making sure they suck every last drop of blood, in this case, $$$, by us having to purchase this poison from them. Being vegan it isn't that difficult for me to obtain non-poisonous food but even supposed 'certified organic' foods are coming into question now.

I often wonder why 'those that would and do' continue all these myriad of fear tactics to keep the sheep dumbed down when all they really need to do is continue poisoning the food and water -- which they are doing and is working rather well. ;-(

Swanette
24th April 2013, 04:57
Thanks WM. I sent a donation. Geez I hope she can get help soon. So heartwrenching to see this happen.....it's so wrong.

delfine
24th April 2013, 07:27
Thanks for directing attention to this. So sad :(

blufire
24th April 2013, 15:33
Is there truly a war on food or has this concept been fueled by misconception and naïve understanding of how providing food for a global humanity is even possible?

We have choices every step of the way of what type of food we eat and how we provide ourselves with the types of food we choose to eat.

When I went to the link about this woman’s experience and then saw how many are donating to her I become very sad and fairly angry. My very strong suggestion is not to donate in anyway because in no way is the factual story of what happened explained or clear. You have to read other information to understand truly what happened here. There was another article a few months back about a family whose cheese products (?) made from raw milk was destroyed . . . .something to the tune of $200,000 I think. These two cases were almost identical and both of these families’ plights could have been avoided if they followed simple laws in their states.

I won’t go into much detail because unless you understand specific animal husbandry and in-line breeding genetics you will not be able to understand specifically what happened in this woman’s case and that she chose to ignore many things. Her case was largely based on scabies (also known as mad cow disease) being detected in sheep she sold to another farm and her refusal to have the ‘proper’ genetic testing that the officials were asking for. Her ewe milk had also been tested and showed a dangerous bacterium known as Listeria.

I also will say that both this lady and the family with the raw milk/cheese business were involved in a full fledged retail type business . . . . selling products, be it cheese or rare heritage animals (the sheep lady was also selling raw ewe milk by the way) for generous sums of money this then puts that farm in a whole different view and responsibility.

They are no longer a small farm or farmer selling their own products directly from the farm. If one ‘chooses’ to enter the arena of state or federal retail based business then you choose to enter their playground, which means you abide by their rules or get burned as the raw milk/cheese family and this lady selling heritage sheep and other animals and raw milk.

I know what I am speaking of. I have sold thousands of gallons of raw milk, free range eggs, buffalo and chicken meat, organic vegetables and fruit, as well as, pure blood/ genetic specific goats, dogs and horses in three different states. I followed the rules and made sure I stayed within the realm of purely a small family farm status.

I have had state officials on my farms many times and have always been treated with respect and fairly. Most even left with a basket of my farm products. Because I made sure I stayed far away from their playground so I could provide my family and community with good wholesome food. I make no money when the bottom lines are said and done . . . I do this because I love it.

We have choices . . . . choose wisely, would be my suggestion.