PDA

View Full Version : a Thank You to the Avalon Forum and the forum membership

Sammy
28th April 2013, 18:37
Hi Friends,

It has been 17 1/2 months since the day I joined. It has been just one year since I discovered the Horus-Ra thread and a huge weight was lifted from my shoulders.

I am just saying thanks (again) to Bill (and Kerry) for creating the Avalon Forum and for Bill taking it under his wing.

I am saying thanks to all the Admin folks for keeping the forum running smoothly and for maintaining and upgrading the functionality of this forum as it is outstanding.

I am saying thanks to the Mod staff for doing a very difficult job. Thanks for your patience with me along the way. Thank you for the times I was modded and for being patient with me in my process of getting back on track.

And thanks to the Membership for your patience (and sometimes necessary line drawing) with my many shifts in view point, my occasional monster posts, my narcissistic approach (as I general post about my experience) and for my personality quirks.

There has been nothing in my life that has made such a difference... meaning a positive difference in such a significant way and over such a short time.

I just wanted to say thanks.

Chester

Fred Steeves
28th April 2013, 18:46
my occasional monster posts,

Occasional? http://www.bigtenfever.com/forums/images/smilies/rofl.gif

Love ya brother! http://www.bigtenfever.com/forums/images/smilies/cheers.gif

Star Tsar
28th April 2013, 18:47
Hey Chester we joined roughly about the same time!
While I am not so high maintainance :rofl::eyebrows: I echo your sentiments like sediments!

Sunny-side-up
28th April 2013, 20:57
YaY justoneman right with you, it's great here with Avalonians :cheer2:

Spiral
28th April 2013, 20:57
Well as another bloke who has been through a whole load of stuff, I have to say that I take my hat off to you, I really do.

You have articulated with such humanity about the human condition, I don't get on here that often, but when I do I read your posts as they have real content.

Very few people experience that much outside the norm, fewer still share it, if I had a "bucket list" of people to go out & drink myself under the table with, dude, you'd be in the top 5 ;)

778 neighbour of some guy
28th April 2013, 21:13
my occasional monster posts,

Occasional? http://www.bigtenfever.com/forums/images/smilies/rofl.gif

Love ya brother! http://www.bigtenfever.com/forums/images/smilies/cheers.gif

Another Near Fred Experience.;)

CosmicKat
28th April 2013, 22:10
One of the best forums I have ever been a part of. Yes in deed!

Camilo
28th April 2013, 22:40
Glad that you're part of PA justoneman.

Timreh
29th April 2013, 12:55
Indeed I am joyed to have crossed paths Justone :yo:
Long live Avalon..

Prodigal Son
29th April 2013, 13:23
I second that emotion justoneman. This forum is hands down the most enLIGHTened I have ever encountered. No need to embellish that with more adjectives, you guys know that says it ALL.

Flash
29th April 2013, 13:25
I thank you for being a friend Chester and listening to my long chats.

Sidney
29th April 2013, 13:29
Great thread Justoneman! I think the forum has actually acted as a tool for ALL our vibrations to heighten!! Thanks Bill and Co.!!

sigma6
29th April 2013, 13:30
You speak for many of us, that still haven't (been able to bring ourselves) to truly express such sentiments so candidly, I see the post as your ongoing journey of self expression and discovery. (Vulcan "live long and prosper" goes here) Or if you're an American (military culture) I guess I would salute you... (lol) Thanks for sharing your candor. Always a fan.

bruno dante
29th April 2013, 15:26
As a relatively new member, I was unfamiliar with Justoneman' posts. So I just went back and read a few (they are long! Ha!). Contrary to his own opinion, I didn't find them narcissistic in the least. I read the posts and I thought: here is a man who is not afraid of emotion. And I had great respect.for that.

However...;)

Threads like these I find to be a bit dishonest. They generally masquerade as an apology or a sort of feel.good thread, when in reality they're an ego thread. In other words, the op wants to have the equivalent of a tribute: ahhh, let's just sit back here and watch everyone line up and tell me what a great guy I am. Let's all kind of slap each other on the back and unite over this truly unnecessary apology/pseudo fault finding in ourselves.

Bruno the party pooper!!! I know! I know! I'm sorry! Look, I'm not trying to antagonize, but if I don't allow myself this moment of honesty I won't be able to live with myself for the rest of the day. I hope I haven't offended anyone, especially Justoneman, who clearly is a solid guy. Just my 2 cents, which I feel.compelled to offer..for better or worse. We all need a little attention and love; there's nothing wrong with that...but let's just call a spade a spade, shall we?

conk
29th April 2013, 16:05
I dunno Bruno, I detect sincerity and not so much grandstanding.

sigma6
7th May 2013, 14:46
You are partially correct Bruno, there is a psycho dynamic to it, but that is what he is trying to wrestle with. That is why it captures our attention, because of what he is speaking about, and also what your own post also has overtures of too, this very same thing you speak of... It is this "self expression" that everyone who makes a post also shares in... So your comment does 'touch' on something, but it is too little, and not nearly enough depth (of articulation or accurate enough description) for what you are referring to, which is actually a hugely more complex psychological interpretation...

And if followed through logically might ultimately bring into our focus the issue of motivation, which again you 'touch on'... but again your interpretation is too superficial for me... I believe in justone's motivation to seek truth... that is the issue for me... I admire his imperfections, his willingness to put himself out there and make him self vulnerable to all commentors... (including you)

Considering these things, perhaps you may learn something about yourself for making your post after reading this one... and so it goes... it's an ongoing journey, we are all players on this stage, truth isn't a final destination in my mind anymore, although I do believe in absolute truth ultimately..

we are only images of God, not Godhood itself...

soleil
7th May 2013, 17:50
aw chester you know we love you too!

Daughter of Time
7th May 2013, 18:08
Bless you Chester!

Much love and continued insights.

Daughter of Time

Lettherebelight
7th May 2013, 18:31
I chime in with you, Chester, in all your thanks to Avalon. And I also say thank you to you for your brave honesty and open heart! It's like a breath of fresh air!