PDA

View Full Version : Help request

Nickolai
29th April 2013, 20:12
Dear All,

I came across a name of the book I am quite interested right now since I am in a kind of turbulent times. Depression is killing me literally. So, my inner guidance brought me to the Abraham Hicks forum and I saw the message concerning the book called You Can Feel Good Again by Dr Richard Carlson.
Now the funny thing is that many years ago I had the book but since I never knew what depression was I presented it to a colleague of mine. I remember that the book impressed me a lot and I even practiced some exercises. Alas, that was more then 10 years ago.

I tried to find the book in torrent sites but in vain.

If someone has the book in pdf file and is willing to help me I would highly appreciate it.

Warmly,

Nickolai

meat suit
29th April 2013, 20:15
cant help you with the book Nikolai,
but I read that high doses of Omega 3 oil can be really good against depression...

get better soon!

meat

RunningDeer
29th April 2013, 20:47
Hello Nickolai,

It's been awhile. :wave:

I Goggled and it comes up on more than a couple of sites. Here's one with used copies for almost free: "You Can Feel Good Again: Common-Sense Strategies for Releasing Unhappiness and Changing Your Life" (http://www.amazon.com/dp/0452272424/?tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=24989279551&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13715482091000545517&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_6crtw62yj_b)

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii610/WhiteCrowBlackDeer/strategies_zpsa30766c1.jpg

Peace,
Paula (formerly a.k.a. WhiteCrowBlackDeer)

Nickolai
29th April 2013, 21:11
Hello and Thank you, Paula!

I would buy the book from Amazon for Kindle but not the paperback. You see no matter how cheap the book is I will still pay additional more than 50 USD for mailing.
Right now I am not in the mood for I have purchased two parcels with RnA drops (800 USD altogether with mailing) that are lost somewhere between realities it seems for they are on their way for almost three months. Trust me, I am sceptical!

Thank you for your caring, Paula!

Warmly,

Nickolai

Rich
29th April 2013, 21:32
I can send you one if it is that important for you.

Belle
29th April 2013, 21:35
Richard Carson has a section on Library Thing found here: http://www.librarything.com/author/carlsonrichard

If you join, you can read his book "You Can Feel Good Again" as a member and even write a review. Sounds like there's a $10. fee...

From the homepage at http://www.librarything.com....

•Join the world’s largest book club.
•Catalog your books from Amazon, the Library of Congress and 690 other world libraries. Import from anywhere.
•Find people with eerily similar tastes.
•Find new books to read.
•Free Early Reviewer books from publishers and authors
•Enter 200 books for free, as many as you like for $10 (year) or $25 (life).
•Available in many languages: (others)

The way I devour books, I just may join myself!

Nickolai
29th April 2013, 21:36
EmEx,

I would highly appreciate your gift.

Warmly,

Nickolai

Belle
29th April 2013, 21:54
Just joined....and there is no cost to become a member. Sorry to say, it doesn't do what I thought....you still must buy the book, then you can discuss it with others and write a review. If you click on "get the book", they do offer it in a kindle version to purchase, though.

Thank goodness for EmEx's kind offer.

Nickolai
29th April 2013, 22:06
Belle,

Thank you!

I also joined and found out that it is mostly about the reviews.
But I have managed to get some other books by Richard Carlson and will see how I will manage.

Thanks everybody!

Nickolai

Sidney
29th April 2013, 22:42
This book helped me get out of the funk.

Feeling Good ......... by David D. Burns

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Feeling-Good-The-New-Mood-Therapy-Vol-1-by-David-D-Burns-1999-/121102496139?pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item1c3245718b

Sunny-side-up
29th April 2013, 23:09
On a slightly different tack Nickolai
I never had really, really bad depression but found like as in Pain, if you study the feelings you can actually break it down and find aspects within the condition. Aspects that can be enjoyed and even used in other states of mind like meditations!
Hope this helps you a peace of relief Nickolai

Nickolai
29th April 2013, 23:21
Thank you, Wantsthetruth74!

I have found that one thanks to you on a torrent site.

Be good!

Nickolai
29th April 2013, 23:28
Thank you, Sunny-side-up!

This time I feel like powerless to study myself and for this reason I would like stuff that would cheer me up in a playful manner.
The book I mentioned was praised for this reason as well. And since I soon am going on vacation I would like to read some good, life supporting stuff under the sun!

Thank you!

ulli
29th April 2013, 23:38
So you are going on a vacation soon? Say no more....
All vacations are preceded by depression, in my experience, also called impatience.
Make sure you don't forget to take pictures.

Nickolai
29th April 2013, 23:42
Dearest Ulli,

I hope you are right. Now I really have no idea.
I have not manage to have vacation for two years. So I am really eager to do just plain nothing. Just sunning and swimming.

Warmest regards,

Nickolai

ulli
29th April 2013, 23:53
We own a beach house in Costa Rica, on the Pacific coast. I have been depressed lately as a huge tree fell on its roof two weeks ago and destroyed it, and the house is not insured.
So last Saturday we got up at 4 am and drove there with a construction worker, to start the job...first had to put up the pole for the electricity meter which was also destroyed.
We still have no electricity, cant use any of the fans, hence boiling temperatures at midday.
Anyway, so we went down to the ocean for a one hour swim in those warm blue waters, and that swim took my depression right out of me, even though the repair job is even bigger than I first thought.
But at least I can now face it, thanks to that lovely swim in that huge ocean.
It was transforming.

P.S. now I know why the sea is blue....
It absorbs all the blues...lol

Sith73
30th April 2013, 00:09
Nickolai,
Hello, you might have to buy that book, but after reading your post I understand. Here’s a link below to download 2500 ebooks for a kindle for free. One of those should cheer you up.

1. Click on download and you should see 10 files. Once you click on one it will take you to the download sight. Click on free download and a security captach question will pop up, just put in the correct information and download. It might take a while depending on your internet speed. You might only get 1 file per day and when you’re done just unrar them.

http://avaxhome.ws/ebooks/large_ebook_collection/2.5_R_Q_Eb_for_K-1366380248.html

Knowrainknowrainbows!
30th April 2013, 00:28
I'm a bit late to this thread, but I certainly want to send positive thoughts and healing energy your way Nickolai. My best friend and I were on vacation 2 weeks ago ... returning to work has been difficult. I feel "stuck"... not depressed as I've "been there before".
Sunshine, fresh air, healthy eating, healthy thinking and your book is a good combination.
I wish you well.

Know Rain Know Rainbows
:wave:

Nanoo Nanoo
30th April 2013, 00:29
Hello Nickoli

In the mean time please try the following.

Magnesium Suppliment ( helps with stress )
St Johns Wort ( helps with depression )
Epsom Salts in bath ( helps with relaxation )

All avail from local health food store and shouldnt cost more that about $40 to $60

Best

Naniu

latina
30th April 2013, 03:09
Hello Nickolai: I joined avalon long time ago, however I never post anything, there are always wonderful people here and I'm happy just reading another people's posts. However something told me to post here for you. This is the deal, it's based in my experiences and another's. Every time without exception, that you are depressed is because you are focusing your thoughts in yourself or your problems. It's always about you. How life is treating you, how unfair life is on you, etc, etc, it's always the: why me? it's always I, I, me' me me...in any possible combination.
My sugestion and it always works like a charm is that as soon as you can, DO something for somebody else, help another person, take the focus of your attention away from your problems. And every time that you are thinking in whatever the situation is.....inmediatly put your mind in something else... a song, a phone conversation, cooking, jumping it doesn't matter.. take you attention away from your situation. Right now you probably have the habit of thinking in a particular subject and remember "where your mind goes, energy flows" also "what gets your mind, get you".

The easiest way to change the habit of thinking in the subject or problem, is gratitud, start saying thank you, thank you for every little or big thing you have in you life. You can say (mentaly) thank you for this morning, thank you for my family, thank you because I can see, smile, walk, thank you for this beautiful day, thank you for these shoes, etc. It really doesn't matter what are you saying thank you for, the purpose of this is making your mind focus on something different that your problem or situation, and that way believe it or not, it goes away. If you persist you will notice in a week how the problem dissolves itself or the consecuence or whatever. It always gets better, We give the problems power with our thoughts, every time you think about your problems you are making them stronger and bigger. I have very interesting stories about this.
You can really turn around your life just doing this. At the beggining it's not easy, but you will feel better in no time, in adition pay attention to you breathing, it's very important. When stressed we tend to breath very shallow, make you breathing slow and and deep. You will feel better inmediatly. I hope this helps. This advise have changed my life and a lot of people around me and I'm grateful for that. God bless you.

kikidoll
30th April 2013, 03:45
Hello Nickolai: I joined avalon long time ago, however I never post anything, there are always wonderful people here and I'm happy just reading another people's posts. However something told me to post here for you. This is the deal, it's based in my experiences and another's. Every time without exception, that you are depressed is because you are focusing your thoughts in yourself or your problems. It's always about you. How life is treating you, how unfair life is on you, etc, etc, it's always the: why me? it's always I, I, me' me me...in any possible combination.
My sugestion and it always works like a charm is that as soon as you can, DO something for somebody else, help another person, take the focus of your attention away from your problems. And every time that you are thinking in whatever the situation is.....inmediatly put your mind in something else... a song, a phone conversation, cooking, jumping it doesn't matter.. take you attention away from your situation. Right now you probably have the habit of thinking in a particular subject and remember "where your mind goes, energy flows" also "what gets your mind, get you".

The easiest way to change the habit of thinking in the subject or problem, is gratitud, start saying thank you, thank you for every little or big thing you have in you life. You can say (mentaly) thank you for this morning, thank you for my family, thank you because I can see, smile, walk, thank you for this beautiful day, thank you for these shoes, etc. It really doesn't matter what are you saying thank you for, the purpose of this is making your mind focus on something different that your problem or situation, and that way believe it or not, it goes away. If you persist you will notice in a week how the problem dissolves itself or the consecuence or whatever. It always gets better, We give the problems power with our thoughts, every time you think about your problems you are making them stronger and bigger. I have very interesting stories about this.
You can really turn around your life just doing this. At the beggining it's not easy, but you will feel better in no time, in adition pay attention to you breathing, it's very important. When stressed we tend to breath very shallow, make you breathing slow and and deep. You will feel better inmediatly. I hope this helps. This advise have changed my life and a lot of people around me and I'm grateful for that. God bless you.

Latina, you have nailed it! An attitude of gratitude will fix anything. Also placing the white light of protection around yourself and your loved ones does miracles. Bad things literally bounce off you if you do this. Thank you for your post.

rickyc
30th April 2013, 03:46
Paula - you have the most interesting and beautiful profile pic.

Daughter of Time
30th April 2013, 04:33
Another book to help with depression that I fully recommend is one of the HeartMath Solutions books titled: TRANSFORMING DEPRESSION

It's a thin book which will not require that much time to read. The exercises, however simple they may be, are very effective.

Best wishes to you in overcoming your depression.

With love,

Daughter of Time

Raven
30th April 2013, 04:48
Hi Nikolai - you could google alternate nostril breathing - this can help with depression and anxiety too as well as panic attacks

Nickolai
30th April 2013, 17:10
LOL, Sith73!

Thank you!
I know Avaxhome for ages. Two years ago it was a wonderful site since the download sites were accessible. Now few of them are there, links get killed very quickly.
But those on the page you sent are still there so I better hurry up.

Thank you, Friend![COLOR="red"]

Nickolai
30th April 2013, 17:16
Thank you, Naniu!

Magnesium I do have.
Other stuff I will look for.
But you see, my intuition says that it is not chemical disturbance but stubborn Nickolai just got used to be workaholic and takes life way too serious.
That's my problem! I forgot how to enjoy just being. But I determined to get well.

Be good, Naniu and thanks once again!

Nickolai
30th April 2013, 17:36
Thanks, Latina!

God bless YOU!
I will practice your advice.

Please post more often...))

Warmly,

Nickolai

Nickolai
30th April 2013, 17:44
Thank you, Daughter of Time!

With Love,

Nickolai

conk
30th April 2013, 19:09
Sorry about the format below, a cut and paste from Dr. Russell Blaylock, MD. Neurologist.

1. Avoid Things Known to Cause Inflammation
And Excitotoxicity
Of course, this is easier said than done. But you
should at least make an effort and attempt to lower
your risk.
This means not using insecticides in your home,
garden, and yard. There are natural ways to protect
your home and garden.
Avoid all food additive excitotoxins, such as:
• MSG
• Aspartame
• Hydrolyzed protein
• Autolyzed yeast
• Soy protein isolate
• Soy products
• Carrageenan
• Caseinate
• Protein isolates
• Whey protein
Also avoid white sauces, portobello mushrooms,
and cheese dishes — especially parmesan and
gorgonzola cheese. Avoid foods cooked in soy sauces,
meat juices, injected meats, and processed meats.
Limit meat intake to no more than 4 ounces a day.
Do not consume a high intake of omega-6 oils.
These include corn, safflower, sunflower, peanut, and
soybean oils. While canola oil is considered a healthy
oil with a high omega-3 oil content, it also contains
omega-6 oils. Polyunsaturated oils, including the
omega-3 oils, should not be used for cooking or salad
dressings, as they are easily oxidized and this causes
inflammation in the body.
One should also avoid trans fats, which have been
shown to damage brain synapses, especially when
combined with MSG.
Do not eat excess sugar or high-glycemic foods,
such as white bread and white rice. These foods
promote inflammation and can lead to reactive
hypoglycemia, which causes the brain to releasehigh levels of glutamate. This reaction can cause
aggression and violence in some people.
Avoid fluoridated water, fluorinated medications
(including over-the-counter medicines), and
fluoride-containing dental products. Fluoride
combines with aluminum, forming a very powerful
brain-toxic substance called fluroaluminum.
You should not eat foods packaged in cans (this
can lead to lead exposure), aluminum packaging, or
aluminum foils. Do not wrap foods in clear plastic
wraps as these wraps are high in cadmium.
In addition, you should cook in ceramic-coated
pans or stainless steel. They are not perfect, but far
better than Teflon-coated and aluminum pans.
2. Eat or Drink 10 to 15 Servings of
Vegetables a Day
A serving for dense vegetables, such as broccoli
or Brussels sprouts is a half of a cup; for loose
vegetables, such as leafy greens, a full cup. Chew the
vegetables thoroughly, especially if they are raw. Plant
cells have thick, indigestible cell walls that must be
broken either by chewing or cooking. But cooking
destroys many of the vitamins.
A better way to get all of the nutrients is to
blenderize vegetables. This releases all of the vital
minerals, enzymes, and phytochemcials — which are
the powerhouse of vegetables.
It’s best to use nutrient-dense vegetables, such
as broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower,
parsley, celery, kale, and bok choy. Add a quarter cup
of blueberry concentrate to the mix to give it more
flavor.
By blenderizing vegetables, you will absorb 80
percent of the nutrients rather than 20 to 30 percent
absorbed by eating them.
3. Drink Purified Water
Unfortunately, many water purifiers do not
remove fluoride. Reverse osmosis removes fluoride,
but you will have to change the filter every two to
three months, and that can be expensive.
I use a distiller that filters water through a carbon
filter. Once distilled, I add 500 mg of magnesium
citrate/malate to a gallon of water. Magnesium is a
vital mineral and is anti-inflammatory. In addition, it
calms the process of excitotoxicity.
4. Take Probiotics That Contain a Prebiotic
The gut’s friendly bacteria, the probiotics,modulate our immune system to make it efficient,
but not overactive. When these bacteria are low,
it allows pro-inflammatory bacteria to grow. This
inflames the entire body — including the brain. We
call this bacterial imbalance dysbiosis.
There are a number of companies making
probiotics, I prefer the Theralac brand, and their
new prebiotic (food for friendly bacteria) formula
Truflora can be used for enhanced effectiveness.
All probiotics should be refrigerated, even if the
label says it isn’t required. This allows longer shelf
life. Take one probiotic capsule once or twice a week,
unless on antibiotics — then take three capsules
daily throughout antibiotic treatment and for one
week afterward.
Supplements That Counteract
Depression and Anxiety
There are growing lists of natural compounds
that reduce depression. Almost all have antiinflammatory
or anti-excitotoxic effects. A number
also suppress microglia activation and stimulate the
release of a brain repair chemical called brain derived
neurotrophic factor (BDNF), which has been shown
to have powerful antidepressant activity.
• Methlycobalamin and folate. This is a natural
form of vitamin B12 that has been shown to reducedepression.22 It suppresses excitotoxicity and
inflammation and plays a major role in reducing
homocysteine. A metabolite of homocysteine,
homocysteic acid is a powerful excitotoxin.
• Zinc. Several studies have shown that low zinc
levels are associated with depression, and that
supplementation can improve symptoms. The dose
required depends on levels in the body. An RBC
zinc level test is more accurate than blood or serum
levels. Hair levels are also fairly accurate. Severe
deficiencies may require a dose of 300 mg a day for
a week followed by 50 mg a day for three weeks. The
maintenance dose is 25 mg a day.
• Phytochemicals. Recent studies have shown
that a number of plant phytochemicals have
antidepressant and anti-anxiety properties.23 These
include hesperidin, quercetin, curcumin, resveratrol,
berberine, luteolin, and several others.24-26 Ginkgo
biloba has been shown to improve brain dopamine
function. Several of the flavonoids increase BDNF.
• Mixed tocopherols/tocotrienols. These are
vitamin E forms and can be taken together. The dose
for mixed tocopherols is 400 to 800 IU a day and
mixed tocotrienols is 50 to 100 mg a day. The high
gamma-E containing mixed tocopherols is best, as
the gamma-E is a powerful anti-inflammatory and
protects against excitotoxicity.
• St. John’s Wort. Extracts of this plant contain
high levels of a chemical called hypercium, which
has been shown to be as beneficial or better than
prescription antidepressants and anti-anxiety meds.27
Unlike the prescription drugs, hypercium inhibits
excitotoxicity and increases the number of serotonin
receptors rather than raising serotonin levels — an
important distinction. In Germany, it is the most
commonly prescribed antidepressant. A number
of studies have shown it to be as effective as many
prescribed antidepressants, but with far fewer side
effects, most of which are minor.
• Omega-3 fatty acids. A great number of studies
have shown that low levels of omega-3 fats in the
diet significantly increase one’s risk of developing
depression and anxiety. The most effective
component is DHA, which is used almost exclusively
by the brain, especially in synaptic membranes.
EPA has also been shown to reduce depression, but
high levels can cause mania. I prefer high-dose
DHA or pure DHA. The mechanism of actionreduced microglial activation.28
• Coconut Oil. While not an omega-3 oil, coconut
oil has been shown to reduce brain inflammation
and reduce microglial activation. You can cook in it
and add it to your foods.
Willing the Brain to Better
Mental Health
Some years ago, I read an article in a medical
journal about a physician who controlled his
schizophrenia by sheer willpower without the use
of any drugs. A recent study now confirms that
defective parts of the brain that play a major role in
schizophrenia symptoms can be rebuilt with special
training techniques.29
The researchers used training methods on nine
schizophrenia patients while observing the function
of a part of the brain related to empathy (the insula).
They found that with training, the insula not only
showed reorganization, but the patients were better
able to detect the feelings of others.
This opens up a whole new way to treat not
just psychiatric disorders, but also strokes and brain
injuries. 
REFERENCES
1. Healy, D., Let Them Eat Prozac, New York Univ Press 2004.
2. Nakagawa, T., et. al., PLoS One 2011; 6(9): e24865.
3. Whitaker, R., Anatomy of an Epidemic, Random House 2011.
4. Schiepers, O.J., et. al., Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 2005; 29(2): 201-17.
5. Bilbo, S.D. and Schwartz, J.M., Front Behav Neurosci 2009; 3: doi:3389/neuro.08.014.2009.
6. Rantakallio, P., et. al., Inter J Epidem 1997; 26(4): 837-843.
7. Arrode-Bruses, G. and Bruses, J.L., J Neuroinflammation 2012; 9: 83.
8. Ozawa, K., et. al., Biol Psychiatry 2006; 59(6): 546-54.
9. Smith ,S.E.P., et. al., J Neurosci 2007; 27(40): 10695-702.
10. Blaylock, R.L. and Maroon, J., Surg Neurol Int 2011; 2: 107.
11. Healy, D., BMJ 2006; 333: 92-95.
12. Healy, D., et. al., PLoS Med 2006; 3: e372.
13. Healy, D., Psychother Psychosom 2003; 72: 71-9.
14. Creaney, W., et. al., Human Psychopahrmacol 1991; 6: 329-32.
15. Dantzer, R., et. al., Nature/Neuroscience Rev 2008 ;9: 46-57.
16. Kugaya, A., et. al., CNS Spectrums 2005: 10: 808-19.
17. Chakrabarty, K., et. al., Neuropsuychopharmacol 2005; 30: 1735-40.
18. Rao, J.S., et. al., Mol Psychiatry 2010; 15(4): 384-92.
19. Blaylock, R.L., Alter Ther Health Med 2008; 14: 46-53.
20. Berman, R.M., et. al., Biol Psychiatry 2000; 47: 351-54.
21. O’Connor, J.C., et. al., Mol Psychiatry 2009; 14(5): 511-22.
22. Cornish, S. and Mehl-Madrona, L., Integr Med Insights 2008; 3: 33-42.
23. Blaylock, R.L., Surg Neurol Int 2012: 3: 19.
24. Yo****ake, T., et. al., Brit J Pharmacol 2010; 159: 659-668.
25. Gomez-Pinilla, F., Nat Rev Neurosci 2008; 9(7): 568-78.
26. Park, S-H., et. al., Exp Neurobiol 2010; 19(1): 30-6.
27. Kasper, S et. al., BMC Med 2006; 4: 14.
28. Lu, D-Y., et. al., Neuropsychopharmacol 2010; 35: 2238-48.
29. Ruiz, S., et. al., Human Brain Mapping 2013; 34: 200-12.
involves reduction in brain inflammation and

Nickolai
30th April 2013, 21:08
Dearest Conk,

Thank you!
I really and I mean would rather stay with depression. I love food, I love eat nice stuff.
And no matter what wise men say for me that what makes my life not so unbearable.
I trust that the main reason is in me. My problem was that I overpowered the digging-to-the-bottom-line-of-the-problem approach thus I forgot about life itself.
You know some people say that if you get rid of the cats and dogs is good for your health and mood. For some people it works! But not for me..... I have two members of the family that are cats.
Thank you friend, anyway, for care to help!

Nickolai

Samsara
1st May 2013, 11:08
Be gentle with yourself

:)

Hazel
1st May 2013, 11:32
So very true.. latina
edifying advice indeed

Nothingness
1st May 2013, 11:55
Maybe the sunshine is just what you need. The sun and the outdoors are wonderful healers and mood lifters, and doing it in a different environment can bring a different perspective. Sometimes making a list of ten things that you are grateful for each day helps--over a period of time. They can be anything from: I am grateful that I have legs and can walk; I am grateful I didn't pee my pants in public today; I am grateful the house collapsed on me because I found that five dollars I lost ten years ago ... Laughing.

Pretty soon you find yourself saying: I'm grateful for the warm sun that made me feel wonderful today. Sometimes doing three little things a day that you are afraid to do helps you move forward, too, because then you feel better about yourself and are pleased with yourself. Well, I'm sure the sunshine and being in a new environment will do the trick. May you know new happiness, and everything has a purpose, even depression. Smile.