PDA

View Full Version : U.S. DEA believing their own paranoia

Rozzy
14th May 2013, 13:54
I was put on the DEA suspect list recently, I bought online a little plastic cap filler, basically a three inch by eight inch board with holes in it. I was investigated and cleared of any wrong doing, the purchase was legal and legitimate. This type of board is used by those of us who buy their herbs and the like in bulk and cap them ourselves. The benefits are, you save a lot of money, you have quality control, you can mix and match what you are using for your personal maximum benefit and you can very the size you use.
To get off the suspect list you need to be more than cleared of the reason you were flagged, it takes extra effort and know how to get you off the list by the investigator.
If you are on the Net, you are being surveilled!

chancy
14th May 2013, 15:39
Hello Rozzy: Always interesting to hear what's going on! Thanks for sharing. What I wanted to know is how you would find out if you are on any list? I'm sure there are lists of lists. I wouldn't even know the lists to check since there are so many?
Thanks for the information
chancy

Sidney
14th May 2013, 16:31
http://www.state.gov/m/a/ips/

do a FOIA on your name and they'll at least have to tell you if they have info on you even if they redact it to black, which they more than likely will...
you will then have proof your on the watch list, you just wont know what kind of info they have on you but at least you will know if they are watching you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Requesting Department of State Records

The access procedures and guidelines for the availability of Department of State records and information to the public is recorded in 22 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 171.

Information Access Guide
Comprehensive guide for requesting Department of State records, including information on fees and appeals. Please use this guide to file a FOIA or Privacy Act request or Mandatory Declassification Review to guarantee proper filing. Failure to correctly file your request will result in delays.

Where to send your request

You may mail or fax your request for Department of State records to the following:

Address:
Office of Information Programs and Services
A/GIS/IPS/RL
U. S. Department of State
Washington, D. C. 20522-8100

Facsimile: 202-261-8579

Please write "Freedom of Information Act" on the envelope or the subject line of your fax.

There are no special forms needed for making a request for Department of State Records but your request should include the following information:

Your name, address, and daytime telephone number.
As much information as you can provide so that the Department can locate the requested material, including the subject, timeframe, any individuals involved, and reasons why the Department is believed to have records on the subject.
The maximum amount of fees that you are willing to pay. By making a FOIA request, you shall be considered to have agreed to pay all applicable fees up to $25, unless otherwise noted. Advance payment may be required when fees are likely to exceed $250.
If you are seeking a copy of a contract, please provide the contract number and an agreement to pay up to $300 per contract.

As a guide for requesting U.S. Department of State records you may wish to view a Sample Letter.

Electronic FOIA Request

If you are not seeking personal information about yourself or personal information on behalf of someone else, you may file a request online by using the FOIA Request Letter Generator on the Electronic FOIA Request page.

Requests for Personal Information

If you are requesting personal information on yourself or on behalf of someone else, please refer to the Information Access Guide. For a quick overview of what we need to validate a request for personal records, you may wish to view the Validation Checklist.

Please note: Requests for personal records require an original signature and cannot be accepted online or by fax.

Rozzy
27th May 2013, 08:09
Hello Rozzy: Always interesting to hear what's going on! Thanks for sharing. What I wanted to know is how you would find out if you are on any list? I'm sure there are lists of lists. I wouldn't even know the lists to check since there are so many?
Thanks for the information
chancy

I am not sure how to check on who has you on file, I found out I was a suspect when Canadian officials come asking questions because the USDEA requested it. FOIA may be helpful but the Gov is usually not very forthcoming with anything.

Referee
27th May 2013, 09:29
Guilty until proven innocent how quaint.