PDA

View Full Version : OMG- How hotdogs are made : O

Sidney
18th May 2013, 17:15
Do you ever just get a craving for a good ol fashioned hot dog?????? No more, if you see this. Actually, I always imagined it to be much worse than this, but its still pretty gross.

http://www.break.com/index/ever-wondered-how-a-hot-dog-is-made-2444583

Abhaya
18th May 2013, 17:37
Wow the things that pass as food these days.....

I like how they are cooked in plastic wrap.... Might as well melt some more toxins into them in case they weren't bad enough already :0

Another1
18th May 2013, 17:42
one of them cases where ignorance is helpful me thinks *s my brother worked as mechanic in one of them places ... I was a teen when he explained how some really smart person actually made a law about how many rat hairs are allowed in the finished product, and the number was not zero ... evidently rat hairs will not hurt you if you only eat a few at a time :wacko2:

Sidney
18th May 2013, 17:46
one of them cases where ignorance is helpful me thinks *s my brother worked as mechanic in one of them places ... I was a teen when he explained how some really smart person actually made a law about how many rat hairs are allowed in the finished product, and the number was not zero ... evidently rat hairs will not hurt you if you only eat a few at a time :wacko2:
Yep you are soooooo right. Ignorance really is bliss, sometimes. : )

Strat
18th May 2013, 17:57

This goes for ALL food. There's an official government website (maybe USDA's) which lists the tolerance level of 'contaminants' allowed in food. It's not just rat hairs, but rat feces, roaches (and their feces), ants, etc etc etc. Pretty friggin gross to read about it on a .gov website.

Thank god I grow my own veggies, but yeah, I'm sure when I'm getting meats there's a roach here or there.

Update: Found it!

http://www.fda.gov/Food/GuidanceRegulation/GuidanceDocumentsRegulatoryInformation/SanitationTransportation/ucm056174.htm#CHPT1

..so gross. I am seriously not going to quote this site out of respect for folks' sensibilities.

jagman
18th May 2013, 19:12
I love Chicago dogs! (All beef of course) So I couldn't make myself click on the link.lol:peep:

Sidney
18th May 2013, 19:17
Smart man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : D

Strat
18th May 2013, 19:26
I love Chicago dogs! (All beef of course) So I couldn't make myself click on the link.lol:peep:

I'm going to be lambasted for this but...

Damn do I love a good cookout. Family, friends, tasty foods, the smell of meat cooking. I can just feel the good memories being made, almost in a sentimental sense. It really hits home on a primal level.

But here's my deep dark secret: I absolutely love trying knock off brand hot dogs. I'll go to a country store instead of the supermarket and pick up the weirdest pack of hot dogs I can find. And you know what, sometimes you find real gems! But yeah, sometimes you just find a stomach ache. Totally worth it though.

Sidney
18th May 2013, 19:34
Learn something new every day Strat! I craved hotdogs all last week, finally got a pack (which is not unheard of since I have kids, but I hardly eat them, ((fearof the unknown)) ), but I chowed down on some, and as alwlay, cured my salt craving. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right???

william r sanford72
18th May 2013, 19:57
cool thread.strat you crack me up man.we cut down on meat to about 3 times week.hotdogs and cook outs are a part of my childhood.my kids to.fond fun memorys.gross process making em.nnnasty!!..hotdogs.still gotta love em.maybe.

Kryztian
23rd May 2013, 02:35
It is strange how we don't want to know how our food is made. When I became a vegetarian, I became a lot more comfortable watching people butcher animals.

If you are a carnivore AND you can watch this video, than you have my respect.

As for you carnivores that won't watch this, I can only say, do you really want to put something in your stomach, if you can't stomach seeing how it is made???

East Sun
23rd May 2013, 03:00
If you really want to eliminate crap go to a slaughter house or get a job there. If you are human you will not stay the whole day.
It's gross what is dished up as food.
Being addicted to food is a poor excuse. Makes me mad to see grossly obese people who don't care or want to know what is good for them.
I'm not criticizing obese people who have a problem and try. They are victims of a system that is sickening.
Cruelty to animals should be enough to motivate anyone to do all they can to put a stop to this process..
\My rant is to release anger. It's not a big deal to give up a few things to help make this world better for ourselves and animals. And stop the corps. that don't give a crap about either.

Sidney
23rd May 2013, 04:26
Couldn't resist a little hot dog fun.

CdnSirian
23rd May 2013, 14:06
Maybe one day we'll find that rat hair cures cancer. ;) Not sure about those feces though.

What to eat is a real challenge these days.

jiminii
23rd May 2013, 14:56
well next you'll be seeing the tuna packing companies and find all the rat meat that is in them ... they get in the machinery and get chopped up with the rest

jim

soleil
23rd May 2013, 15:07
i guess im not meant to see this. im at work and all links are blocked. can someone pls embed?

Strat
23rd May 2013, 15:15
^ Gotta take matters in your own hands. It's a lot of work really. We were brought into this world too soft and easy. We're like kids with rich parents... Well, that's actually not a fair thing to say. Folks like my parents are working very hard (70 hours a week at a minimum) just to get by. At the end of the day you're exhausted and you do what you can to eat healthy, but the more you learn the more impossible it seems.

My dad leaves for work when it's dark out and he gets back when its dark out. I am willing to fist fight all CEO's who have the power to end this, words aren't doing the job maybe my right will. Much of them are older so I'm willing to take on multiple opponents at the same time. If I win I have the satisfaction of venting my anger, if they win I'll work in one of their factories in Indonesia next to the 12 year old girl who is paid $2 a day and spends half of that on water to survive. I try not to have these emotionally driven posts because they don't help anyone, but it's just hard.

I've educated my folks about eating healthy but everything is working against them. When getting home at night exhausted it's just too convenient to eat 'space food' as I call it (Marie Callender, Hungry Man, etc etc). Hell, the 'fresh' broccoli isn't free of defects. Look at that link I provided, you're getting up to 60 aphids in it. Pretty ****ing disgusting. Then when you go to wash your disgusting, contaminated, chemically-grown veggies, you're washing it in fluoride and chlorine water.

Finding chemical free, locally grown veggies isn't impossible around here but when you've lived a life like my pops you just don't ****ing care anymore. There's no more drive, it's like he's willing to die now; his kids are grown and can take care of themselves so what's there left to live for? You just don't care. He was raised in a way that a shoddy diet back then wasn't as shoddy as it is now (lived on a small farm with livestock so starches weren't so bad). Now as he is growing older he is used to a poor diet. He is addicted to comfort foods. Can you blame him? He's been eating this way for 60 years. And his parents have been eating this way for 90 years. He doesn't drink or do drugs. All he's got is TV, books, and graham crackers (and Christianity but that's a whole different can of worms). It's hard to remove those comforts when it's all you've got.

He's eating himself to death and taking meds to keep his blood pressure down. His memory is slipping very badly which is disturbing because both I've already lost two grandparents to alzheimer/dementia. He's only 60! He's overworked and those goddamn whole wheat complex carb muffins (which he was taught was a good thing) are causing inflammation which is destroying his memory and cognitive function.

I'm just going to stop here, I apologize for the language I try to be a gentlemen but life has pushed me around a bit and I am angry.

EDIT: Teradactyl I would copy/paste but that list is like a small book. I can PM it to you if you want.

Another1
23rd May 2013, 21:07
the bit with the fluoride slapped me good last year once I realized that I'm getting it from a hot bath/shower and in all my food bought from stores, to simply stop drinking the water would never be enough, I need to quit eating and bathing too if i want to be free of it, then detox

BrianEn
23rd May 2013, 21:13
I used to love hot dogs with chili and cheese. I still crave them once in a while but I can't eat them in good conscience anymore. I didn't click the link though. I didn't feel like getting grossed out.

Strat
23rd May 2013, 21:30
the bit with the fluoride slapped me good last year once I realized that I'm getting it from a hot bath/shower and in all my food bought from stores, to simply stop drinking the water would never be enough, I need to quit eating and bathing too if i want to be free of it, then detox

Believe it or not, bathing is far worse than drinking it. It is absorbed into your body much faster. I really wonder about the true affect this has on skin. That being said, the colder the water the better. Hot showers feel incredible but it opens up your pores which in turn absorbs the contaminants in the water.

There was a news report not too long ago saying my city is the worst in the country (maybe it was close to the worst, I don't remember). I believe it. I can smell the chlorine very easily. On a smaller note, that sucks because it kills the joy of drinking wine. I'm not exactly a connoisseur, but I can detect the heavier wines from the lighter ones and the various fruity flavors that accompany some of them. However when I drink it out of one of my glasses, chlorine is the prominent flavor. When I go to take a sip, I can smell it before I even taste the wine. It's really bad.

Another1
23rd May 2013, 21:58
Believe it or not, bathing is far worse than drinking it. It is absorbed into your body much faster.

This is what knocked me in the head because since early 70s, hot baths have been a main part of my personal health and well being ... gimmie a watermelon and a hot bath and I can kick a cold in 4-5 hours *g - 30 minutes soaking in a hot tub replaces the pain meds I can no longer get for chronic back pain ...

they have it in all food stuff now, there is no escape really .....

I'm opting for alchemy now to transmute it into something non-harmful or perhaps even beneficial ... Once I figure it out ya'all will be first to know *g

Sidney
23rd May 2013, 23:38
Its probably in the chemtrails too. I wonder if its ever shown up in the testing for that. It does seem there is no escaping. I guess one just has to be on a continual detox. Who in heck can keep up with all of it. It sure feels dereating sometimes.

BrianEn
24th May 2013, 17:28
On the lighter side this thread triggered the want of a chili cheese dog with extra sauted onions, but I know I would feel really bad both physically and mentally after.

eric charles
24th May 2013, 18:02
Who here actually eats hotdogs anywase yuk , I always make all my food from scratch , inculding pizza . No industrial foods enters this house EVER , first off , its not edible and 2nd it is horrible for your health .
I am surprised that most of you folks on hee havent taken a more natural appraoch to your eating habit , i am very surprised

Sidney
24th May 2013, 19:56
Who here actually eats hotdogs anywase yuk , I always make all my food from scratch , inculding pizza . No industrial foods enters this house EVER , first off , its not edible and 2nd it is horrible for your health .
I am surprised that most of you folks on hee havent taken a more natural appraoch to your eating habit , i am very surprised

Its the journey,its the journey,its the journey!!!! Sometimes a hot-dog is just that. Only a hot-dog. IOW, just because you eat a hot dog doesn't mean you don't live a healthy lifestyle. Each person is in their own little spot in time,in their enlightment, in their approach TO their enlightenment.
I have been adamant about drinking not a drop of water from the tap. Only filtered, with extra flouride removal. years after starting this, I found out about absorbing it through the skin in the shower/bath. : / You win some, and you lose some. A hot dog once in a while wont kill you. But eventually, your bath tub will ruin your brain(and thyroid).
we can only do what we can do. But everyone here, is here. Its a start. : )