PDA

View Full Version : Could a Computer Be Programmed to Conduct Auditing?

iNtrPrsnL aLcHmSt --0-o--
24th May 2013, 01:33
I was reading about IBM's Watson that won on Jeopardy! not too long ago.

It crossed my mind whether a computer could be programmed to conduct the auditing process. From my understanding Hubbard's directions are pretty formulated and strict in their application. If someone with sufficient knowledge of programming and the clearing processes worked together, perhaps an internet site could be developed where people could be automatically audited?

Or perhaps I've underestimated the human element that's required to conduct the auditing? Just a thought, figured I'd throw it out there.

I hope everyone is doing well this day! : )

Sidney
24th May 2013, 03:35
You might want to ask the mods to move this to the Q and A thread, because I think your question might be missed. Just a thought. Great question though.

Tommy
24th May 2013, 04:41
Hi,

Am I to assume you are talking about the IRS type financial auditing? I ask because auditing is a very general term, and technically there is "auditing" happening every time you send and receive a command on your computer.

Now that said, yes, considering data communication is based in auditing it is all about how your create/program and application or a code. There are in general no technical limits to what can be audited, it is all about what access you are giving the application in question. There are also a lot of financial auditing programs for personal and business use. What it all boils down too is who has access to the data, and who you have given access.

Hope this answers at least parts of your question

Edit: "Doh"

Paul
24th May 2013, 05:13
Hi,

Am I to assume you are talking about the IRS type financial auditing?
Er, eh, no.

The opening post also mentions Hubbard. So I'll wager a pretty penny iNtrPrsnL aLcHmSt --0-o-- is referring to the auditing of L Ron Hubbard's Dianetics technology, which is one of the main topics of discussion these last few days on this forum.

Christine
24th May 2013, 14:08
You might want to ask the mods to move this to the Q and A thread, because I think your question might be missed. Just a thought. Great question though.

Thinking the same thing! I will duplicate it there... thanks!

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?59276-Q-and-A-about-Ron-Hubbard-Bill-Robertson-Scientology-the-Free-Zone-Ron-s-Org-Planet-Earth.-Jim-and-the-Future&p=678287&viewfull=1#post678287 (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?59276-Q-and-A-about-Ron-Hubbard-Bill-Robertson-Scientology-the-Free-Zone-Ron-s-Org-Planet-Earth.-Jim-and-the-Future&p=678287&viewfull=1#post678287)

Here is the link.

Tommy
24th May 2013, 19:46
lol. ok, thanks Paul. That is what I get for rushing reading a post. I was on a caffeine rush yesterday :)