PDA

View Full Version : Never mind the circumstances

Solphilos
28th September 2010, 14:24
These days we find ourselves in what often appears to be well-though out movie, and I suppose in a sense we are. We live in a rapidly changing world where the only constant is change itself.
Many events are unfolding which are of such a great scope that they are beyond our individual influence or control, however they certainly affect our lives and often in major ways. We often get emotionally burdened by these changes, and this can allow us to lose sight of the only thing which is important in this world: Growth of Spirit.

So,
Never Mind the Circumstances. It is unimportant that the economy is tanking, it is unimportant that our earth is tainted with the refuse of civilization, it is unimportant that we can hardly purchase foods that aren't laced with toxic compounds. It doesn't matter that your husband cheated on your with your best friend, it doesn't matter that you lost your job on Tuesday, it doesn't even matter that they canceled Gray's Anatomy (joking, they didn't. Though I wish they did :p). Even if ET's were to arrive en masse at every major city in the world, that still wouldn't matter.

What is important is the way you react to these events; your individual responsibility is your state of being during the changing tides of human experience.
In this you possess a great power, as you are connected to all others, and in turn all things. By virtue of this connection, your state of being affects everything and everyone around you. The implications of this are profound, and knowing this we can begin to understand what it means to bear such a great responsibility.

By being fearful, you contribute to that which causes fear. By being hateful, you contribute to hatred, by being loving and compassionate, you contribute to love and compassion. If you serve truth, then truth will be your guiding star and for you it's light will never be cloaked in darkness.

So, we may not be able to choose our circumstances, but we can choose our State of Being. This is our divine right, and it cannot be hindered by anyone but ourselves. So, choose a state of being that you would like to see reflected in the world around you. Most importantly, be yourself, be YOU.

shadowstalker
28th September 2010, 15:08
Your so right on that:cool:

Arpheus
28th September 2010, 15:18
Thank you solphilos i share the same views ideals on my own life,we need to begin making that a life statement more then ever so we can together create a better world to live on!

Solphilos
28th September 2010, 15:54
Thank you solphilos i share the same views ideals on my own life,we need to begin making that a life statement more then ever so we can together create a better world to live on!

Yep, and because of the rapidly changing nature of things it is more important than ever that we strive to remain in balance, so we have to constantly reinforce these ideas.

As we move into the 'future', we are seeing more darkness than ever before, we are also seeing more light than ever. We are seeing the worst of human nature, and we are seeing the best.
Bigger and more dangerous lies are being pushed upon us, and bigger truths and deeper mysteries are being revealed as well. We live in a very unique time, and it's hard not to get caught up in the story. The important thing is to remain in harmony and strive to keep equilibrium as the shifts occur, and remain flexible so that we don't break under the intense pressure being placed upon us.

Carmody
28th September 2010, 16:04
Just gimme the box of fiber. I'm ready to move this puppy. :boxing:

Beth
28th September 2010, 16:37
By being fearful, you contribute to that which causes fear.

Had this exact thought this morning, synchronicity. Great post by the way.

Swami
28th September 2010, 16:47
How about anger Solphilos...?

I'm angry, or better pissed off, do I contribute to that which causes anger...?

I ask because this anger also motivates me to do the things I need to do before the **** hits the fan.
Some call it prepping.......

Solphilos
28th September 2010, 17:05
How about anger Solphilos...?

I'm angry, or better pissed off, do I contribute to that which causes anger...?

I ask because this anger also motivates me to do the things I need to do before the **** hits the fan.
Some call it prepping.......

By living in an angered state, you contribute to anger by putting off that energy into the system. Others around you may become angry, or it may translate in other forms around you. By the way, this is neither positive nor negative, but could be perceived either way depending on circumstance. In this case, you being angry could also motivate others to be angry as well, which in turn could become motivation for solving the problem.
I suppose that one could also contribute directly to the cause of their anger by being angry, as anger doesn't address the problem, it only motivates one to adapt other states of being that would help with finding a solution. If you were to only remain in an angered state of consciousness, then you would only continue to perceive the issue as a problem within your own mind, and it would be a self-reinforcing situation. Hopefully that's clear, sounds confusing even to me when put in words :P

Swami
28th September 2010, 17:15
By living in an angered state, you contribute to anger by putting off that energy into the system. Others around you may become angry, or it may translate in other forms around you. By the way, this is neither positive nor negative, but could be perceived either way depending on circumstance. In this case, you being angry could also motivate others to be angry as well, which in turn could become motivation for solving the problem.
I suppose that one could also contribute directly to the cause of their anger by being angry, as anger doesn't address the problem, it only motivates one to adapt other states of being that would help with finding a solution. If you were to only remain in an angered state of consciousness, then you would only continue to perceive the issue as a problem within your own mind, and it would be a self-reinforcing situation. Hopefully that's clear, sounds confusing even to me when put in words :P

Thx, think I got it....
Iḿ not in an angry state all the time, fortenately, but I've been noticing more and more energy lately..
I need to canalize that otherwise...............

damian
28th September 2010, 17:25
There is Nobody to Blame for Anything

Let's start by stating a bold claim that you've probably never heard before. Upon first hearing this claim, you'll most likely think it to be ridiculous and absurd, but by the end of this article, you'll see the utterly obvious truth of it, and you'll never look at the world the same way again. Are you ready for it? Here it is…

There is no cause of anything.

That's right. Nothing "causes" anything else to happen… ever. Now let me explain why.

As an example, let's say that a man needs milk, and he walks several blocks to the corner store to buy it. After purchasing the milk he begins his walk home, but while crossing the street there's a drunk driver that doesn't notice the stop sign at the intersection where the man is crossing. At the very last second the drunk driver slams on his breaks, but it's too late, and he hits the man crossing the street.

Now, with our current mindset, the vast majority of people would automatically say that the drunk driver "caused" this to happen. Or did he?

If we just take a step back in the way we perceive things, we could just as easily say that the man was hit by that drunk driver because cars were invented. Or because the wheel was invented. Or because of the development of technology. Or because somebody figured out how to make pavement for driving on.

Maybe the man was hit because of his neediness for milk. Or because his wife sent him to the store. Or because of his wife's enjoyment of breakfast cereal. Maybe it's because people drink milk. Or perhaps it happened because cows exist.

Maybe it happened because the man chose to live in the exact location that he does. Or maybe it was because that was the only house on the market that he could afford, and he could only afford that house because of the job he has, and he has that job because he dropped out of high school.

Maybe he was hit by the drunk driver because of the precise speed in which the man walks, and the exact time he got there. Or because he had to stop to re-tie his shoe lace that had come undone. Or because he didn't tie them properly when he first left his house. Or because he chose to wear that specific pair of shoes to walk to the store. Or because he chose to buy those exact shoes. Or because he could only afford those shoes.

Maybe it's because the city chose to install a stop sign instead of traffic lights. Or because stop signs aren't twice as big. Or because they're not fluorescent yellow.

What if the whole incident happened because the man decided to walk to the store instead of driving? Or what if it was because the store was built at that location? Or because the owner of the store decided that was a good place to set up shop?

Perhaps it was because the drunk driver was born. Or because the man buying milk was born. Or because either of the men's parents had sex. Or because his parent's parents had sex. Or because any of these people ever met each other in the first place.

What if it was because the human species evolved in the manner that it did? Or because life came to be on the planet? Or maybe it was because of the "big bang" (if that's how it happened). Maybe it's because the physical universe exists.

It might have been because of the location of the bar that the drunk driver was drinking at. Or because the drunk driver had to be home at a certain time. Or because the drunk driver had to work in the morning. Or because his taste buds like the taste of alcohol. Or because he's not able to overcome his addiction despite all of his efforts. Or because nobody has taken him to an AA meeting.

The drunk driver may certainly be irresponsible, and maybe he lacks proper judgment, but that certainly isn't "the cause". It's only one tiny minute reason out of a literally infinite and unending number of factors within all of existence. There is no end to the amount of circumstances that come into play, and not a single one of them is the cause of anything else.

So let us repeat the lesson learned… There is no cause of anything… ever. There are only automatic effects and consequences. Everything is happening of its own, as a spontaneous result.

Most importantly of all, if there is no cause of anything, there is nothing and nobody to blame for anything, and if there is nothing to blame, then there is absolutely nothing to be angry about. Everything just is what it is, and we have no choice but to accept it. No matter what's happing in the universe, it's perfect, and it can't possibly be anything but. This understanding literally forces us to fully accept absolutely everything as it is. There is nothing to complain about and we have no choice but to forgive everybody for everything they have ever done, no matter what that might have been.

What a person does, and chooses, is determined by what a person is, and what they are is determined by what they are aware of. Everybody is exactly what they are currently aware of, and what they are currently aware of is based upon an infinite number of factors.

We might all be learning from "mistakes", but at least we can all be at peace (of mind) with each other as life unfolds. The whole concept of causation is an entirely false ingrained perception that is in everybody's best interest to let go of. If everybody had this understanding, we would have total world peace because nobody would be acting out of anger, blame, resentment, hate, or fear. Everybody would fully accept, forgive, respect, and love all of life for what it is. And we would no longer need lawyers.

rosie
28th September 2010, 17:27
Very important message Solphilos, one that had changed my life completely for the better. If I had not changed my state of being, I would not be the independent woman I am today. I would have relied on "someone else" to sail my ship, now, I am the sail master!

There is no fear when one is in control of their state of being. The two, I believe, go hand in hand.
in love & light :wub:

HORIZONS
28th September 2010, 17:41
Good Thread and Post!
Questions I try to remember to ask myself are - am I in a neutral state of being, able to observe the circumstances I find myself in, or am I being swept away by the circumstances happening to me? Am I able to stay present - in the now - within all that is going on around me, or am I emotionally charged and caught up in the circumstances?
Can I find the "Peace, be still" in the midst of the storm, or is the storm influencing my every thought?
The answer I then have makes a big difference to my state of being - and that energy is expressed outwardly.

namaste~

Solphilos
28th September 2010, 17:48
Very important message Solphilos, one that had changed my life completely for the better. If I had not changed my state of being, I would not be the independent woman I am today. I would have relied on "someone else" to sail my ship, now, I am the sail master!

There is no fear when one is in control of their state of being. The two, I believe, go hand in hand.
in love & light :wub:
Glad to hear.
What most people forget is that the body is a device we use for gaining experience. It is equipped with all sorts of tools such as the senses, emotions, and the intellect. The problem is that most people fail to remember that these things are tools designed to serve us, and instead of being our servants they become our slave-drivers, often pushing us to the brink of insanity.
But, I think the first step is getting people to understand that we are not bodies, but infinite unchanging beings.

FrankoL
28th September 2010, 18:02
I am 100% with you. On the other hand is it so difficult to not be involved and affected by negative polarity. To get rid of it is a master job.
Yesterday I was so furious... actually I have to work with a person who has no empathy (at all). She enjoys playing with people, humiliating them, to see the overburdened with senseless work. She is totally service to self-oriented (I would say).
It was such a terrible day, I had all that anger inside me...tons of negative thoughts and I was so overstressed. But I did nothing, not a single word to her directly. Within all that negativities I forgive her and I let her go (off my mind). Only then I was released from negativity and I was able to concentrate on more encouraging thoughts. It was pretty hard, I must say. At the end I was fine.
I admire serene individuals; there is so much to learn from them.

Caren
28th September 2010, 18:10
Hi everyone,
After reading all of your posts I would like to say "Thanks" as there are wonderful and encouraging things being shared here...Thanks to all, much appreciated! :)

Solphilos
28th September 2010, 18:44
I am 100% with you. On the other hand is it so difficult to not be involved and affected by negative polarity. To get rid of it is a master job. Absolutely. It takes patience, hard work and constant vigilance of ones own mind to accomplish. As we are all here in this polarized domain, we all get tangled up in it's density from time to time.

Yesterday I was so furious... actually I have to work with a person who has no empathy (at all). She enjoys playing with people, humiliating them, to see the overburdened with senseless work. She is totally service to self-oriented (I would say).
It was such a terrible day, I had all that anger inside me...tons of negative thoughts and I was so overstressed. But I did nothing, not a single word to her directly. Within all that negativities I forgive her and I let her go (off my mind). Only then I was released from negativity and I was able to concentrate on more encouraging thoughts. It was pretty hard, I must say. At the end I was fine.
I admire serene individuals; there is so much to learn from them.

And what is forgiveness but a conscious release of undesirable energies? If someone angers, annoys or otherwise makes us uncomfortable, it is not actually their fault, but our own for the way we choose to deal with them and their actions. When we choose to forgive, we simply change our state of being to one that is no longer emotionally burdened by that which caused our discomfort in the first place.:thumb:

Solphilos
28th September 2010, 18:56
Hi everyone,
After reading all of your posts I would like to say "Thanks" as there are wonderful and encouraging things being shared here...Thanks to all, much appreciated! :)

I'm sure I speak for all when I say your most welcome.
When we all focus on whats right instead of whats wrong then we are collectively propelled forward in shaping a reality that better reflects what we all truly desire. Too often we end up focusing on the problem instead of the solution, and in such a case there can never be any movement. What is that saying, Be the change you wish to see in the world, or something along those lines?

rgray222
28th September 2010, 19:00
Damian........You are working on the premise that all men are good men and while we all wish this to be the case, sometimes it just is not so! It is a nice thought to hold onto but in my current reality it would be a dangerous to believe that there is no wrong or right!