PDA

View Full Version : Why I'm Giving a Monthly Donation to this Forum

Roisin
4th June 2013, 21:06
Last week I set things up so that paypal will withdraw a $5 donation to this forum from me every month.

I'm just posting this information to remind others to do that too if they can afford to because it's great to be on a forum with no advertising. For example, ATS' advertisements on their site sometimes does weird things to my operating system i.e. adware etc... so a $5 donation every month which helps to avoid such computer glitches for a forum like this one is WELL WORTH IT!

At any rate, if it's sounding like I'm wearing my 'Monthly Donation' here like some shiny new badge of honor, so be it. I'm proud to be a member here and one way for me to show that was to set-up that monthly donation plan so I can give something back to Bill Ryan and everyone else here who makes this forum a great place to be and a great place to learn and grow too on so many different levels! :o

Roisin
4th June 2013, 21:53
Oh, and one more thing, if you have also been donating to this forum too, please tell us why you're doing that. This may inspire others to donate here too! I don't know about you, but one thing I do know, if I can afford $5 a month, anyone can. $5 a month for all of the benefits I'm getting back in return by being a member of this community is the biggest bargain out there! For sure! Nuf said. Hope others will comment in this thread too!

Roisin
4th June 2013, 23:01
Ok, solong as I'm at it, let me tell you the REAL reason why I'm donating to this forum. And sure, the reasons I gave above are absolutely true but actually, at least in my case, and I'm sure others here are also in the same position I am in, we know that this is the only forum of its kind that's on the internet where we can present our own material and information without being attacked by professional debunkers and provocateurs who populate so many of those UFO/ET/Contactee and Alternative Thought/Conspiracy forums out there.

Here we have a safe haven away from those hard-core skeptics who have made a career out of being as rude, vindictive and malicious to anyone they target who is presenting material and information that falls outside of the realms of mainstream thought and acceptance. And here we are talking about people who actually go off the scale for nastiness. These are individuals who have no compunction at all to not only attack your material, your theories, your experiences and so on but also to attack you on a personal level too in ways that I'm sure so many of you here are well acquainted with on a personal level.

In fact, they will even go so far as to make up horrible lies about you just to get you to react viciously against them whereby making you look like the bad guy and them the paragons of truth!

I, like I'm sure some of you here are too, are victims of unprecedented mean-spiritedness by people who are like that on those forums. But here at Project Avalon, we are protected from all of that and are permitted to present our material and information freely without subjecting ourselves to any of those type of people.

Over the past couple of days, I was given the opportunity to post visual evidential material that I would not dare post anywhere on the internet or else risk even possible danger to myself and my family. There are those hard-cores out there who definitely have the potential to take things to the limits in their desire to CRUSH you in every way possible.

Here at Project Avalon, we are guarded and protected by like-minded people who are not only highly intelligent and spiritual but are, at the end of the day...decent, ethical and moral human beings too.

If there is any reason at all to support this forum by also making a small monthly donation to it, my above comments and the truth they convey are as good a reason as any to pitch in and donate.

I am speaking from the HEART. Please donate. Long Live Project Avalon!

Bill Ryan
6th June 2013, 22:10
-------

My thanks to Roisin for raising this. It's a tricky subject!

Most people (self included) expect everything in the internet to be pretty much free. We download movies on torrents, watch documentaries on YouTube, search for e-books as PDFs, and feel a little miffed when someone asks us for money for (e.g.) the second half of a long subscription article, or the second volume of an online book that's only partly free.

Some of you may remember that a few years back I opted to make the Avalon forum a subscription community: $5 per month, or $1 if one really couldn't afford that. There were howls of protest and criticism, and less than a year later I abandoned the scheme. The bad rap Avalon was in danger of getting all over the internet just wasn't worth it.

But the donations I receive barely pay for the Avalon server ($270 per month) -- and sometimes do NOT make that level at all. How does one handle this without selling stuff, or filling the pages with advertisements?

This I refuse, and have always refused, to do. This was one of the several points of principle about which I always disagreed with Kerry in Camelot days. I would not move on the issue. For me, we did not own the information we were sharing, so could not sell it. The issue was crystal clear. And for me, advertising is a kind of abomination.

But the Avalon forum is life-changing for many (in one or two instances, even life-SAVING) -- and many members feel in their bones that somehow we may be doing something very important here. I certainly feel that myself.

I live on my savings (which, with no pension, have to last maybe another 30 years!) -- but fortunately I'm in a country where everyday costs are really pretty low. The issue remains, though, that money is an issue. Many members will understand that all too well.

So -- how do I say this? If the 1,400 active members donated even $0.50 per month on a recurring basis -- about one and a half cents a day! -- my life and work would change quite markedly. I'd be able to afford to run the forum without wondering where the next month's $270 was going to come from, I'd be able to buy a replacement digital video camera (my beautiful little Sony XR550 (http://www.amazon.com/Sony-HDR-XR550V-Definition-Handycam-Camcorder/dp/B0031RGL1Q) was lost a little while ago, possibly left in a taxi after I'd lent it to a friend); and I'd be able to do quite a bit more with what little I have.

I don't want for anything, and I'm healthy and in pretty good shape. If the global grid collapses, I'd find myself far better off than 95% of people in North America or Europe. But it sure would be wonderful to have a way of sponsoring Avalon so that we could really expand and (for instance, a topic I'm discussing with the mods right this minute) offer online audio conferences for members using software platforms like Ventrilo (http://Ventrilo.com). There's a LOT more we could do if we had a budget.

I'd love to start a discussion on this, and I very much welcome all thoughts and feedback. :)

Ilie Pandia
6th June 2013, 22:43
I have often said the people vote in very real in powerful ways with their money. Corporations know this hence the "lobbying process" :).

I am not saying that you should send your money to Avalon, but I am saying that you should show your financial support for people and projects that inspire you and you would like to see more of!

All to often we forget to show our support for those that inspire us and yet we rarely fail to pay a subscription to cable tv (just to give an example).

As RMorgan wrote earlier on a different thread, most things that are happening are doing so because of our support (conscious or unconscious).

So please, do show your support for projects that inspire you, that you would like to see more of and that are in alignment with your vision on how things should be on this Planet now.

Anchor
6th June 2013, 23:22
Bill,

I was a forum admin at the time the forum tried the subscription experiment. I also had a fair bit of spare money at the time and offered to pay for 50 hard-up users to be subsidized for free - and within a few weeks those places had all been taken. People are very easy about saying they can't afford a dollar a month and taking the subsidy. I have no judgement about it - Avalon got its money anyway. At the same time I discovered that many people on Avalon were very very generous and were happy to pay - just not enough of them as it turned out.

There is a new phenomena on the internet now called "crowd funding" you might like to try.

An example that was written about on the forum was Eric Dollard - the "Tesla" professor who has repeated all of Telsa's experiments but then had his lab taken and destroyed. A campaign was run to raise money and it did - within a few months he was no longer living in a little car in the desert and is getting his new lab together again. 344 funders contributed a total of $36,161, surpassing the goal of $20,000, posting 215 comments. Some of those contributors were from Avalon.

http://www.pureenergyblog.com/2013/04/02/847/8502289_eric-dollard-inspired-by-crowdfunding-outpouring/

I guess what I am trying to say is, not everyone on Avalon will be interested in funding Avalon, but many are - more than enough.

If Avalon has specific capital requirements for essential equipment - like A/V - just state them. You'll be amazed at how fast that can be funded - I remember times in the past when you needed money for the servers, you asked, and within a few days you had much more than you needed.

You will also be accused of running a scam, but that goes with the territory.

Honesty is alive and well in the world - contrary to what many would like to think, there are more good people on Earth that not so good ones!!!

AlaBil
7th June 2013, 02:01
Roisin...Thanks for bring this up. I guess, being new here, I'm just dumb and happy and assume that "someone else" provides.

Bill... Thank you for providing this place and the leadership to get it to this point. I'm followed a few sites like this over the years and I totally agree that this one is heads and shoulders above the rest. I learn something here everyday and although I don't post of many threads (as a lots are over my head and heart at the moment) I chime in when I can. Again thanks Roisin for the alert on this.

A bit of help and relief for you Bill. I'll be back with more in the future.

varuna
7th June 2013, 05:16
...perhaps new members paying a one off joining fee would help? Reasonable affordable amount..not to put people off or discourage those on low income.

I also like the idea of saying this 'this is what we need, this is what it costs..can you help', I'm sure enough people will then step up and support you.

Ilie Pandia
7th June 2013, 06:00
It has come to my attention that it's not obvious how to donate :)

The button is at the top-right corner of the page. See image below:

jiminii
7th June 2013, 06:19

the problem is .. it is not easy to get money in or out of china ... and can't get any kind of ATM card here ...

but I would like to help

can get atm here in wife's name ... but no visa

jim

ThePythonicCow
7th June 2013, 10:37
I split off 17 posts from the above thread onto a separate thread: Choice of Avalon forum web hosting service (was: Why I'm Giving a Monthly Donation) (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?59823-Choice-of-Avalon-forum-web-hosting-service--was-Why-I-m-Giving-a-Monthly-Donation-).

mgray
7th June 2013, 11:46

Why is it that I do not have the donate button on my browser, which is Firefox?
Bill's threads is the last line in my window but it does break into two line, which may push donation line out of frame I'm guessing.

eric charles
7th June 2013, 12:13
-------

Most people (self included) expect everything in the internet to be pretty much free. We download movies on torrents, watch documentaries on YouTube, search for e-books as PDFs, and feel a little miffed when someone asks us for money for (e.g.) the second half of a long subscription article, or the second volume of an online book that's only partly free.

Some of you may remember that a few years back I opted to make the Avalon forum a subscription community: $5 per month, or $1 if one really couldn't afford that. There were howls of protest and criticism, and less than a year later I abandoned the scheme. The bad rap Avalon was in danger of getting all over the internet just wasn't worth it.

But the donations I receive barely pay for the Avalon server ($270 per month) -- and sometimes do NOT make that level at all. How does one handle this without selling stuff, or filling the pages with advertisements?

This I refuse, and have always refused, to do. This was one of the several points of principle about which I always disagreed with Kerry in Camelot days. I would not move on the issue. For me, we did not own the information we were sharing, so could not sell it. The issue was crystal clear. And for me, advertising is a kind of abomination.

But the Avalon forum is life-changing for many (in one or two instances, even life-SAVING) -- and many members feel in their bones that somehow we may be doing something very important here. I certainly feel that myself.

I live on my savings (which, with no pension, have to last maybe another 30 years!) -- but fortunately I'm in a country where everyday costs are really pretty low. The issue remains, though, that money is an issue. Many members will understand that all too well.

So -- how do I say this? If the 1,400 active members donated even $0.50 per month on a recurring basis -- about one and a half cents a day! -- my life and work would change quite markedly. I'd be able to afford to run the forum without wondering where the next month's $270 was going to come from, I'd be able to buy a replacement digital video camera (my beautiful little Sony XR550 (http://www.amazon.com/Sony-HDR-XR550V-Definition-Handycam-Camcorder/dp/B0031RGL1Q) was lost a little while ago, possibly left in a taxi after I'd lent it to a friend); and I'd be able to do quite a bit more with what little I have.

I don't want for anything, and I'm healthy and in pretty good shape. If the global grid collapses, I'd find myself far better off than 95% of people in North America or Europe. But it sure would be wonderful to have a way of sponsoring Avalon so that we could really expand and (for instance, a topic I'm discussing with the mods right this minute) offer online audio conferences for members using software platforms like Ventrilo (http://Ventrilo.com). There's a LOT more we could do if we had a budget.

I'd love to start a discussion on this, and I very much welcome all thoughts and feedback. :)

Bill what is your paypal account # , ill start donating again , unfortunately it cannot be very much , I have a few mouths to feed here but , i will do my best .

I agree everyone should pitch in just a little bit even if its .25c per month . So ,Come on cheap skates , what do you say ?

Lifebringer
7th June 2013, 12:20
Hey Bill, just thought you wanted to know the Chinese rep from Brookings is on C-span explaining future of economies with US.

I plan to check my accts now to see if I at least have 5 after paying all the bills on the slave retirement broken promise. But I do better than most by being aware and prepared thanks to this site.
In gratitude, I will begin the commitment as long as the site stays true to it's LOVE and understanding of the Human evolutionary processing for the future and all the revealing of hidden truths.

Love to all.

Lifebringer
7th June 2013, 12:28
Bill, I'm a curious seeker that gets vibes if certain things aren't right. I don't feel that PayPal and Wells Fargo, are right. Can I send a money order to the bank instead every month?
PM me if I can, thank you. Had a bad experience with PP and Citizens Hearing, I'm not a burn me on services twice person. I paid, and didn't receive services, so rather than remind myself over and over every month, Can I send MO for address?
Don't want my bank acct merged with Wells Fargo or paypal, and a money order just gives the store I purchase it from and my address and name.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

The donate button is under Bill Ryan Posts on the right, under the "New Posts" clicks.

Christine
7th June 2013, 13:08
Bill what is your paypal account # , ill start donating again , unfortunately it cannot be very much , I have a few mouths to feed here but , i will do my best .

I agree everyone should pitch in just a little bit even if its .25c per month . So ,Come on cheap skates , what do you say ?

Hi eric charles,

Thanks for supporting Avalon. I think that most members are more than happy to pitch in. This thread has made us (mods and admins) aware that it isn't exactly easy to find the donation page and with all the important topics grabbing for our attention we easily forget that it does cost time and money to maintain Avalon. With a new influx of energy (money in this case) we can work on improving the site and are talking about new services such as online conference rooms that we can make available.

So here is the link to the donation page: http://projectavalon.net/lang/en/donation.html

From all of us at Avalon, thank you!

bennycog
7th June 2013, 14:30
-------

I feel we also need to get you in the public eye more Bill.. I feel you have been pretty quiet lately.. Unless it is behind the scenes busy..
Do you still see yourself standing in front of thousands of people speaking, and revealing?
Maybe one day soon Avalonians can donate and fund for you to travel the world staying out our places and we book out places for you to speak in our local towns and cities..

SEAM
7th June 2013, 14:46
I love listening to my local "low watt" "community radio" station.. keeps me more well informed than the "Clear-channel", "Corporate Media" channels.

And 2 or 3 times a year, they have a donation drive.. (in fact, I'm listening to Florida's WMMF 88.5 right now and they're driving as I type) They all say the same thing.. "Because we run no commercials, we depend on our listeners for SUPPORT"

Now.. the radio stations, and PBS for that matter, all provide something in return for the viewer/listeners donation. A CD, or DVD.. not sure if this would apply, but with all the current working recipes out there, I'm sure you (Bill, and Mods) could come up with a viable compromise. I, for one, had no idea your shoestring budget has frayed to the size, I believe, you have described. I'm sending you 50 bucks right now.. anyone out there who will match me??

"Build it and they will come"

SEAM
7th June 2013, 15:05
One more note.. Those folks who complain because you are asking for SUPPORT, are the same people who tie up the grocery line arguing with the cashier because they were "under the impression" that this item was 2 for 1.... sometimes I am tempted to pay for the damn item myself to get the line moving...
"Problem solved"...

oh, and second one more note... Decide on an amount you are driving for... makes for a "Team Effort"..

Anyone match me yet?

AriG
7th June 2013, 15:51
The use of some alternative form of currency for the Administrative support of the server would be ideal ( i.e. bitcoins) It would be in keeping with the values espoused here. Would your service company accept something like this?

Peace of Mind
7th June 2013, 16:01
I wouldn’t mind donating funds but I really don’t know what I’ll be funding. Years ago I was invited here because of my ties and ability to get my hands on large sums of cash. I have great influences in the Media/Entertainment biz as well as other professions (mentioned this constantly). My immediate concerns when joining here were the 2012 theories, most of the stories I read here were like nothing I’ve heard anywhere else, so I wanted to get a deeper understanding and help expose this to the world.

I also joined to hopefully encourage and strengthen positive movements and communities. Unfortunately, the forums were flooded with 2012 topics involving ascension, alien contact, government implosion/corruption, etc. My initial knowledge of 2012 was always about heightened awareness… and that people will become more of who they really are. Today, (as expected) those 2 ideas are the only things I can clearly witness to ever come out of all of that 2012 hype. There are still no aliens to be seen or concerned about (just talked about), in fact I’m starting to think the 2012 stuff were just a catalyst to seeding people’s minds with alien ideas to assist in making a possible future false flag more believable.

Many of the whistleblowers have been exposed for their inconsistencies, and fear mongering, which was sought of easy for me because many of them contradict themselves with love and light yet harbor and promote fear and disempowerment. Take Wilcock for example. I don’t know him personally, so I can’t really assess his position other than examining what he presents to me. Much I already knew (as far as spirituality), so there was nothing there for me except some satisfaction in seeing others become more empowered. I started taking my attention from him because he doesn’t really practice what he speeches. He wants to sell books and a musical album. I have no quarrels with that except when he suggests that the material he’s selling is of high importance to self/life/ and the world. How in the hell do you say it’s important but look for a fee from it. IMO, if you’re real about your work put it out for free and request a donation. That way if people are really feeling what you have they will support you…and if they don’t then those people either can’t afford it and/or will find another way to assist you. Or, they are just simply not real supporters. Either way, everyone gets checked instead of one person getting a paycheck. At least you’ll know if you are really appreciated and can decide if you should continue your work, it’s really that simple. There are countless ways to make a living, many ways to live on this planet. If this is your only way then I can’t really see where your power lies…because what is being peddled hardly has any substance and if you truly believe in your higher self then your life would be better off. I’m wondering how many of these WB’s really understand this, or could something else be in the mist?

I really don’t know what to think of many of the WB’s because since I was a youngin I was taught and realized that I always control my life/destiny. If I needed money I always found a way to get it without hurting others or subjecting them to false beliefs. I had to get rid of the “I can’t” attitude and picked up the “I can do anything I want” attitude. I don’t see how talking about government lies/cover-ups/aliens will be a profitable biz unless you were actually EXPOSING something. To be clear, donations are understandable for such disclosures, but if you expect a payment then you should be able to actually offer something for it. Now maybe some people here and there are new to a lot of the spirituality stuff and heinous acts of our governments… so if they feel appreciative for the info then maybe they should pay a fee. As for me, I’ve learned very little here on those subjects due to growing up with that awareness all my life. I succeed simply because I don’t allow anyone else’s negative hype or unfounded testimonies condition my mind. The true war has always been in the mind.

Since birth most of us go through subtle programming tactics (some still do and are oblivious to it), but recognition of self protects you from this. There is nothing to be afraid of, to fear something is to allow/give that something a chance to manifest. If you fear aliens, the governments, a virus, etc…you open yourself up to those unwanted ideas. The world suffers because most people go through out their days worried and scared about things they never even experienced…only heard about from others (this is a trick).

Nothing in life can happen until it is thought about and/or discuss thoroughly…so to fear and harp on negatives that aren’t in your life will only open up those flood gates into your domain. This is what I’m witnessing here so I lessen my time in areas that support this. I know how this works, seen it all my life. And, I’m well aware of how media works…no matter what form it come in because it’s all programming. When there’s still no serious planning/strategies being discussed and tried, yet conversations are steady on potential dangers that are actually far fetch in reality (well at least mines) then you should know by now why your life is filled with stress, letdowns and fear. If you want to move forward you have to stop moving backwards.

Peace

AriG
7th June 2013, 16:32
Peace of Mind... thanks for the "piece of mind". All I can really say in response to your lecture is that everyone's experiences are unique and you will not find "universal truth" here or anywhere else, quite simply because universal truth does not exist. There are too many layers to perspective and reality to suggest that all one has to do is "pick one's self up by the bootstraps" and get on with it. If that has been your experience, you are incredibly lucky. I too, a few years back, was a believer in self-determinism and was quite harsh in my assessment of anyone who couldn't sort themselves out. Since then, I have learned that there are incredibly dark and powerful forces manipulating and controlling our ability to control our destinies. This venue (PA) is a wonderful tool in the vast internet toolbox, where like minded people can share their experiences and garner a greater understanding of those things that are often incomprehensible. This reality is just one of countless realities and has been undermined by impure agendas. As a player here, I see it as my responsibility to partake in the discourse. In doing so, I do not see myself as weak or incapable. Exercise discernment in all that you read. Pick and choose what works for you, and if it doesn't work for you, there are countless sandboxes in which one can play, both in cyberspace and all the vortexes that are available to you.

ThePythonicCow
7th June 2013, 17:06
The use of some alternative form of currency for the Administrative support of the server would be ideal ( i.e. bitcoins) It would be in keeping with the values espoused here. Would your service company accept something like this?
I am confident that Singlehop accepts US Dollars, not bitcoins.

Bill Ryan
7th June 2013, 17:18
------

My most sincere thanks and appreciation to all those who have donated. I'm really quite blown away.

I woke up this morning to realize that I'm probably now going to be able to get a used, very adequate replacement for my lost camera -- which is pretty important. A friend is coming here from Europe next week, and it's available there on Amazon. (Consumer electronics are the one thing that's pretty expensive here in Ecuador.) I think I can get it shipped just in time.

The loss of the camera was quite a blow. I was getting close to doing an Avalon Interview, Part 2 (long-awaited, two years in its gestation!) -- and then I was suddenly hamstrung, right out of the blue.

My deal, in exchange for the generosity of the members, is that I'll be able to do that interview after all. And I have quite a lot to say. It may be in several parts, over several hours, on a large number of subjects.

@ Peace of Mind: Thanks for your long post above (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?59753-Why-I-m-Giving-a-Monthly-Donation-to-this-Forum&p=684388&viewfull=1#post684388). That presentation would be nothing to do with 2012 -- except to note briefly in passing that (a) the alternative community does tend to be oh-so-gullible, and (b) I'd always stated really clearly, and often, too, that the real challenge and opportunity would be once we found ourselves here in 2013.

2012 always was hugely over-hyped. Long-term Avalonians know that had always been my view. (I've not yet had cause to eat my hat. Some of you will get that reference. :) )

And, in response to your impassioned question about value for money (to paraphrase what I believe you were saying), here's the nub of it:

I'm personally paying $3,240 per year so that you (and over 1,440 other active members) can post all your thoughts to the world for free, every day, or as often as you ever wish. Do you see?

And -- make personal contacts that could be live-changing; and that's not even considering that Avalon is a kind of free, open-source university of what's happening in the world (and elsewhere!) that's life-changing in itself. Socrates, in the marketplace in Athens, might have asked -- why should Bill be paying $3,240 per year for you to have this platform?

Of course, the answer is that for me this is a pleasure, and a mission, and a privilege, and I am not complaining. Just suggesting that the load might be shared just a little, if at all possible, so that we can all know that together we're continuing to make this happen, every day from here on out, for as long as is necessary.

skippy
7th June 2013, 17:29
This is a great forum, with great members, great mods, and a great founder. Chapeau is what we say here in France. :yo:

Ilie Pandia
7th June 2013, 17:35
I'd like to add to Bill's post above.

I also see what "Peace of Mind" sees, and I am often frustrated by some of the posts I read. But the thing is, this forum is by far the best forum online. Just look around on the web to see what stands for "communication" these days... Even forums that belong to large corporations and have paid staff to moderate it, do not come close.

A couple of times now, I have personally asked for help from this community with advice and guidance and was blown away by the results. The restoring of my health I pretty much owe to the help I got from this forum.

I've also got to know here people that I am honored to call my friends and mentors. In some ways I feel much closer to some of you around here, than I do with people that I meet every day in "physical life".

So there really is no questions in my mind about the value of this community. And I agree, that it is a shared value: as members get together to learn, to share and to prepare, Bill Ryan is sort of the focal lens that brings all this together and provides a forum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Forum) for this to happen. I've been on other forums and I have personal websites that I administer and I can tell you: it takes quite a toll to interact with the public when most of the time you get "YouTube level" interactions. Returning to Avalon sometimes feels like an oasis in the desert. It is a thing to support and cherish.

Peace of Mind
7th June 2013, 18:40
Peace of Mind... thanks for the "piece of mind". All I can really say in response to your lecture is that everyone's experiences are unique and you will not find "universal truth" here or anywhere else, quite simply because universal truth does not exist. There are too many layers to perspective and reality to suggest that all one has to do is "pick one's self up by the bootstraps" and get on with it. If that has been your experience, you are incredibly lucky. I too, a few years back, was a believer in self-determinism and was quite harsh in my assessment of anyone who couldn't sort themselves out. Since then, I have learned that there are incredibly dark and powerful forces manipulating and controlling our ability to control our destinies. This venue (PA) is a wonderful tool in the vast internet toolbox, where like minded people can share their experiences and garner a greater understanding of those things that are often incomprehensible. This reality is just one of countless realities and has been undermined by impure agendas. As a player here, I see it as my responsibility to partake in the discourse. In doing so, I do not see myself as weak or incapable. Exercise discernment in all that you read. Pick and choose what works for you, and if it doesn't work for you, there are countless sandboxes in which one can play, both in cyberspace and all the vortexes that are available to you.

A wider perspective is always beneficial, but only if what is being added to the perspective haves some sought of validity/substance. If not, then what is it you are adding to your point of view?

My experiences in life have always been what I’ve created, always what I had my mind focusing on; there is no such thing of “luck”. I feel much of the negative stuff discussed has nothing to grasp on to, yet I have no problem with people sharing their knowledge/ideas except for when their ideas are negative and hold no weight due to their insufficient evidence. If you have an experience that compels you to share… then you should at least have something that can be measured, something where even the most skeptic can extract some truth from it/ something that will lead to further more defined investigations, if not…. than how much truth/reality is actually hidden in said perspective? Hmmm.

Dark forces can only rule those that are lost in the darkness.

The truth is never that hard to find because we are all part of the truth, real will recognize real. This forum, I have always held in high regards mainly because people are seeking a better life, are respectable, and inquisitive. I don’t shut down information, but some here attempted to shut down mines. I merely point out inconsistencies and to inform (whomever) to tricks and self disempowerment by way of conditioning. So if I’m aware to such things I have no problem assisting others to being aware of the tricks, deceit, and the often indefinable that seems to be taken hold of people minds. So, until the “very important” ideologies discussed here truly start unveiling themselves I will continue to point out the scarcity and ineptitude, and will not charge a fee for it.

What I do here is of great importance, I’m not here to lollygag or play games in a “Sandbox”. I move with extreme urgency, I’m very thorough in my assistance, in my approach, in my decisions, in my commitment to a better world. If I see something that isn’t right I have no problem correcting it or seeking clarity on it, this is how true discernment works. What you believe your reality to be, so be it. If you have stress and unfortunate happenings in your life it’s because you believe it to exist “in your life”, most times you were trick into allowing it because you see it happening to others. Stop catering to those ideas and your life will be grand. As I’ve mentioned many times before, when I do post here it’s because I see where and how harmful seeds are planted in the minds of the seekers. I don’t waste my time or anyone’s, and if I have something to offer it will not be dangling from a stick like a carrot. It will be definite so it can be experienced. Procrastination isn’t of my nature, I don’t have a tail so I don’t run myself in circles, my life gets better by the day simply because I will it to. The only real secrets that are being kept from the masses are their ability to control the outcome in their lives. If only the majority of people knew this we will all be better off, but most like to pretend they are powerless and primed for failure and an unpleasant future, why? hmm…

So whenever I see something that is training peoples mind to harvest fear, to become inferior, to succumb to the ideas of others…I will most likely intervene. And by all means I expect those opposed to the intervention to be ready for it by preparing to offer some transparency… instead of showing me where the exit is. That sought of response has always been suspicious, my contributions and concerns here should be more obvious by now.

If you can’t handle the tough questions and/or some skepticism…then why bother getting involved in something you aren’t willing to put your whole being in to? If you can’t stand behind your “important work/message” fully, why should anyone else stand with you at all?

Peace

¤=[Post Update]=¤

------

My most sincere thanks and appreciation to all those who have donated. I'm really quite blown away.

I woke up this morning to realize that I'm probably now going to be able to get a used, very adequate replacement for my lost camera -- which is pretty important. A friend is coming here from Europe next week, and it's available there on Amazon. (Consumer electronics are the one thing that's pretty expensive here in Ecuador.) I think I can get it shipped just in time.

The loss of the camera was quite a blow. I was getting close to doing an Avalon Interview, Part 2 (long-awaited, two years in its gestation!) -- and then I was suddenly hamstrung, right out of the blue.

My deal, in exchange for the generosity of the members, is that I'll be able to do that interview after all. And I have quite a lot to say. It may be in several parts, over several hours, on a large number of subjects.

@ Peace of Mind: Thanks for your long post above (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?59753-Why-I-m-Giving-a-Monthly-Donation-to-this-Forum&p=684388&viewfull=1#post684388). That presentation would be nothing to do with 2012 -- except to note briefly in passing that (a) the alternative community does tend to be oh-so-gullible, and (b) I'd always stated really clearly, and often, too, that the real challenge and opportunity would be once we found ourselves here in 2013.

2012 always was hugely over-hyped. Long-term Avalonians know that had always been my view. (I've not yet had cause to eat my hat. Some of you will get that reference. :) )

And, in response to your impassioned question about value for money (to paraphrase what I believe you were saying), here's the nub of it:

I'm personally paying $3,240 per year so that you (and over 1,440 other active members) can post all your thoughts to the world for free, every day, or as often as you ever wish. Do you see?

And -- make personal contacts that could be live-changing; and that's not even considering that Avalon is a kind of free, open-source university of what's happening in the world (and elsewhere!) that's life-changing in itself. Socrates, in the marketplace in Athens, might have asked -- why should Bill be paying $3,240 per year for you to have this platform?

Of course, the answer is that for me this is a pleasure, and a mission, and a privilege, and I am not complaining. Just suggesting that the load might be shared just a little, if at all possible, so that we can all know that together we're continuing to make this happen, every day from here on out, for as long as is necessary.

As I mentioned “I have no problem contributing but what will I be contributing to?” Will I be helping to fund a forum that hardly gets involved with the community theme and strategizing you suggested (on numerous occasions), or will I’ll be helping to fund a place that seems to ignore that very idea by steadily posting inconclusive fear mongering material and vague ideologies? I know websites have a cost (mostly everything does), my concerns is about the product being paid for. There’s more posting of hoax videos in the forums and a lack of whistle blowing now then there ever was since I’ve been here. I’m all about making power moves. In all due respect my intentions here is all about creating remedies not more unsolved problems.

Peace

¤=[Post Update]=¤

I also see what "Peace of Mind" sees, and I am often frustrated by some of the posts I read. But the thing is, this forum is by far the best forum online. Just look around on the web to see what stands for "communication" these days... Even forums that belong to large corporations and have paid staff to moderate it, do not come close.

A couple of times now, I have personally asked for help from this community with advice and guidance and was blown away by the results. The restoring of my health I pretty much owe to the help I got from this forum.

I've also got to know here people that I am honored to call my friends and mentors. In some ways I feel much closer to some of you around here, than I do with people that I meet every day in "physical life".

So there really is no questions in my mind about the value of this community. And I agree, that it is a shared value: as members get together to learn, to share and to prepare, Bill Ryan is sort of the focal lens that brings all this together and provides a forum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Forum) for this to happen. I've been on other forums and I have personal websites that I administer and I can tell you: it takes quite a toll to interact with the public when most of the time you get "YouTube level" interactions. Returning to Avalon sometimes feels like an oasis in the desert. It is a thing to support and cherish.

Thanks, truly.

Peace

Limor Wolf
7th June 2013, 20:10
Originally posted by Peace of mind: " In all due respect my intentions here is all about creating remedies not more unsolved problems."

That is a very noble intention, Peace of mind, very noble indeed. By reading your posts for several months now, I feel like you found the one and only solution in life. I can only imagine how wonderful it must be to win the Holy Grail and how difficult it is to see most everyone else still searching. I wish you a real peace of mind and hope that everyone will soon be able to get to the desired land which you found out first, since it must feel rather lonely up there.

Peace of Mind
7th June 2013, 20:44
Originally posted by Peace of mind: " In all due respect my intentions here is all about creating remedies not more unsolved problems."

That is a very noble intention, Peace of mind, very noble indeed. By reading your posts for several months now, I feel like you found the one and only solution in life. I can only imagine how wonderful it must be to win the Holy Grail and how difficult it is to see most everyone else still searching. I wish you a real peace of mind and hope that everyone will soon be able to get to the desired land which you found out first, since it must feel rather lonely up there.

Wishing you and others the best life has to offer.

Lonely....defined.
1. feeling alone: feeling sad through being without friends or company
2. isolated: isolated and rarely visited
3. without companionship or support: done or lived through without companionship or support from other people

I’m not feeling any of these definitions, and I’m not sure about this “Holy Grail” thing. I’m sure about my position and whereabouts in life, and so does the people who personally know me. The only real solitude I face is during meditation sessions.... and time spent using the commode.

Life can be abundant in many ways, but the individual has to make the choice of what he/she wants to have wealth in. I'm not the only one practicing "manifestation of thoughts", but may be one of the few who actually follows through on it by paying close attention to every thought that enters the mind. As I said "life is grand", and paradise awaits for all.

Peace

AriG
7th June 2013, 21:09

A wider perspective is always beneficial, but only if what is being added to the perspective haves some sought of validity/substance. If not, then what is it you are adding to your point of view?

My experiences in life have always been what I’ve created, always what I had my mind focusing on; there is no such thing of “luck”. I feel much of the negative stuff discussed has nothing to grasp on to, yet I have no problem with people sharing their knowledge/ideas except for when their ideas are negative and hold no weight due to their insufficient evidence. If you have an experience that compels you to share… then you should at least have something that can be measured, something where even the most skeptic can extract some truth from it/ something that will lead to further more defined investigations, if not…. than how much truth/reality is actually hidden in said perspective? Hmmm.

Dark forces can only rule those that are lost in the darkness.

The truth is never that hard to find because we are all part of the truth, real will recognize real. This forum, I have always held in high regards mainly because people are seeking a better life, are respectable, and inquisitive. I don’t shut down information, but some here attempted to shut down mines. I merely point out inconsistencies and to inform (whomever) to tricks and self disempowerment by way of conditioning. So if I’m aware to such things I have no problem assisting others to being aware of the tricks, deceit, and the often indefinable that seems to be taken hold of people minds. So, until the “very important” ideologies discussed here truly start unveiling themselves I will continue to point out the scarcity and ineptitude, and will not charge a fee for it.

What I do here is of great importance, I’m not here to lollygag or play games in a “Sandbox”. I move with extreme urgency, I’m very thorough in my assistance, in my approach, in my decisions, in my commitment to a better world. If I see something that isn’t right I have no problem correcting it or seeking clarity on it, this is how true discernment works. What you believe your reality to be, so be it. If you have stress and unfortunate happenings in your life it’s because you believe it to exist “in your life”, most times you were trick into allowing it because you see it happening to others. Stop catering to those ideas and your life will be grand. As I’ve mentioned many times before, when I do post here it’s because I see where and how harmful seeds are planted in the minds of the seekers. I don’t waste my time or anyone’s, and if I have something to offer it will not be dangling from a stick like a carrot. It will be definite so it can be experienced. Procrastination isn’t of my nature, I don’t have a tail so I don’t run myself in circles, my life gets better by the day simply because I will it to. The only real secrets that are being kept from the masses are their ability to control the outcome in their lives. If only the majority of people knew this we will all be better off, but most like to pretend they are powerless and primed for failure and an unpleasant future, why? hmm…

So whenever I see something that is training peoples mind to harvest fear, to become inferior, to succumb to the ideas of others…I will most likely intervene. And by all means I expect those opposed to the intervention to be ready for it by preparing to offer some transparency… instead of showing me where the exit is. That sought of response has always been suspicious, my contributions and concerns here should be more obvious by now.

If you can’t handle the tough questions and/or some skepticism…then why bother getting involved in something you aren’t willing to put your whole being in to? If you can’t stand behind your “important work/message” fully, why should anyone else stand with you at all?

Peace

¤=[Post Update]=¤

------

As I mentioned “I have no problem contributing but what will I be contributing to?” Will I be helping to fund a forum that hardly gets involved with the community theme and strategizing you suggested (on numerous occasions), or will I’ll be helping to fund a place that seems to ignore that very idea by steadily posting inconclusive fear mongering material and vague ideologies? I know websites have a cost (mostly everything does), my concerns is about the product being paid for. There’s more posting of hoax videos in the forums and a lack of whistle blowing now then there ever was since I’ve been here. I’m all about making power moves. In all due respect my intentions here is all about creating remedies not more unsolved problems.

Peace

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Thanks, truly.

Peace

With all due respect Peace, your initial post was a lecture and an attempt to invalidate content on this site. At my most cocky moment in my development, Karma smacked me down... hard. Pardon my blunt approach, but if you have it all figured out, then why are you here? Again with respect, but your approach is very off putting. You boast about your connections and your monetary prowess. Who are you trying to impress? Again, sorry to be blunt, but I find this approach very elitist. Good for you with all of your cash and your knowledge...this begs the question.... what are you doing with it? Making others feel small? I would think the goal would be to validate, not belittle.

Christine
7th June 2013, 21:29
While all points of view are welcome this thread does have a focus. Please.

:focus:

AriG
7th June 2013, 21:38
While all points of view are welcome this thread does have a focus. Please.

:focus:

Sorry Christine :( Mea culpa

Snookie
7th June 2013, 21:57
A few weeks ago or so, it occurred to me that I was overdue in donating, so I did. I realized how many topics are posted from around the world, many of which I otherwise would not be exposed to. What a global community this is, and how interesting!

My perspective is that this forum has something for almost everyone. If a topic doesn't interest you, or you don't agree with the OP, you can always move on. It's like watching TV, change the channel or turn the darn thing off!

Adi
7th June 2013, 22:16
To Bill,

I have in my possession a Flip Ultra Video Camera that I bought about a year ago and I have only ever used it twice since then, its brand new and I no longer require its use as I have been given an higher spec model as a gift. You would be most welcome to the video camera free of charge as I believe you would put it to good use and also I look at it as a way of giving back for all the hard work and outstanding research you have provided over the years.

The camera would be great for quick on the go recording as it has a flip out USB port witch you can immediately connect to a laptop ect. I've included a link to the specs of the same model I have. Please get back to me if you are interested :)

Adi

http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-camcorders/flip-video-ultra-60/4505-6500_7-32627442.html

From Bill: Thank you so much, Adi -- I've sent you a PM. For a bunch of reasons, it wouldn't be very easy or workable to ship a camera from Ireland to Ecuador unless someone was bringing it with them personally. But your kind offer was very much appreciated indeed.

Peace of Mind
7th June 2013, 22:28
Arig, my apologies if I come off that way to you. Perhaps a bit of projecting may also be the cause of viewing my post in such away. Like you, i' m very up front, sugar free. At least you know what you're getting.I want the world to realize what they/we created directly and indirectly... by way of "allowance".....in so many words.

PA has great potential. This has been said by myself and others many times....just don't want a good thing to be ruin.

Peace

Knowrainknowrainbows!
8th June 2013, 14:17

Hi eric charles,

Thanks for supporting Avalon. I think that most members are more than happy to pitch in. This thread has made us (mods and admins) aware that it isn't exactly easy to find the donation page and with all the important topics grabbing for our attention we easily forget that it does cost time and money to maintain Avalon. With a new influx of energy (money in this case) we can work on improving the site and are talking about new services such as online conference rooms that we can make available.

So here is the link to the donation page: http://projectavalon.net/lang/en/donation.html

From all of us at Avalon, thank you!

I do not have direct link under Bill's Posts to the "Donate" selection either ... So thanks for this option. I just sent my contribution and feel GREAT!!!!
KRKR
:bounce::hippie::high5::clap2::tea::cheer2::drum::wave:

Orion197
8th June 2013, 14:21
-------

I believe we should all chip in and help you Bill as a thanks to your wonderful work over the years in awakening people and providing us with information.

While we are all very aware and awake, we should understand that we are still experiencing this reality in 3d for the most part. So meditation and wondering to oneself is nice but we cannot just do that otherwise what would be the the point of being here and it would just defeat the purpose of having this experience. My point being is, I like Bill's work, I appreciate Bills efforts in putting his life essentially on the line for the purpose of awakening the masses. So now, thanks to the awareness this thread has created for me, I have decided to support him with a small monthly donation, as I do with David Icke. Nobody has a lot of money, especially these days, but I will put a small amount monthly to assist you Bill in your efforts and in your future projects....which we are all waiting in anticipation for :-)
Thank you Roisin for starting this thread and thank you Bill for everything you have been doing out of your own pocket.
But then again, I know Bill that you are thinking of the collective in your efforts, not self.

bruno dante
8th June 2013, 16:26
I can think of a whole bunch of reasons not to contribute - if I really wanted to. But if I'm being honest with myself I can think of many more reasons to contribute.

It's easy to forget there's even a contribution option when you've been enjoying a free service for such a long time. So it's prudent to bring it up from time to time.

Spirituality need not be incongruous with commerce. To determine what's fair, just imagine for a moment that you've given away almost all your life's work for free. But now you're a little low on dough. Is it unreasonable to expect those that have enjoyed your work free of charge for so long to make a small, reasonable contribution here n there?

For the life of me, I cannot understand why those of us in the the alt community get so excited when this issue of contribution or pay for service comes up. And I'm not really picking on Avalon here; I just mean in general. Trust me, if the situation was reversed, and it was you giving away your services for free, and you were struggling to get donations, you'd be 100 times as indignant as you are now.

PeaceofMind, with respect, I haven't a clue what you're talking about. Would you perform your daily work with nothing but a donation button separating you from a homeless shelter? Would you be equally as flippant if you weren't getting any donations?

Look, I'm not preaching from a soapbox here. I've only made one very small, modest donation...and that was because I was reminded to by this thread. I'm no hero. I think the members should at least pay for the net service, and anything beyond that should be up to them. Bill, in all honesty, I can't speak for the whole forum obviously, but I'd probably be more likely to donate a bit more if I saw an interview here or there. Know what I'm sayin mate?:) Or whatever project you happen to be working on...

My 2 cents..

Bill Ryan
8th June 2013, 17:22
-------

Hi again, All:

To anyone who can't see the How to Donate (http://projectavalon.net/lang/en/donation.html) button -- which is here...

http://projectavalon.net/How_to_Donate.gif

... what may be happening is that your text size is zoomed on your toolbar.

On a few browsers and platforms, that seems to push the How to Donate line out of view. Try adjusting the zoom to zoom out -- and it should reappear. (And thanks for the useful feedback! We didn't know this until a few minutes ago. Ilie will fix the bug as soon as he can.)

Once again -- my most sincere thanks for all of you who have chipped in with $5, $10, $20 -- sometimes even more. You're all very kind. I know well that for some of you, $5 is a lot of money in a situation where every dollar counts.

This inflow all adds up, and has already enabled me to replace my lost video camera; the new one (used, but very functional) will be with me in ten days' time after a friend brings it here from Europe. After that, I'll record an Avalon Interview Part 2, possibly several hours long and covering quite a wide range of subjects.

This has been quite a long time coming, but the time is ripe now. I'd always wanted to first get all the 2012 hysteria out of the way, a view which concerned Avalon member Peace of Mind will doubtless applaud. :)

We're also currently investigating professional-quality audio conferencing platforms like Ventrilo (http://ventrilo.com). This needs to be paid for, but would enable us to organize and host well-structured members-only Avalon audio seminars, something I've wanted to do for quite a long time now. This resource would also be available to specialist subgroups for their own use, rather like booking a virtual conference room. The mods are currently looking into it all, and your support will make this happen.

ThePythonicCow
8th June 2013, 17:30
We're also currently investigating professional-quality audio conferencing platforms like Ventrilo (http://ventrilo.com).
Or perhaps mumble (http://www.mumble.com/) (but I haven't told Bill that yet ... oops ... looks like I just did :).)

gripreaper
8th June 2013, 17:36
This inflow all adds up, .... I'll record an Avalon Interview Part 2, possibly several hours long and covering quite a wide range of subjects.

This has been quite a long time coming, but the time is ripe now. I'd always wanted to first get all the 2012 hysteria out of the way, a view which concerned Avalon member Peace of Mind will doubtless applaud.

Many if us have recognized that the elite control both sides of the dialectic. This is required in order to create a new synthesis., all the converging energies need to be dispersed.

So, THEY are behind the new age movement, the patriot movement, the channeling, Nesara, Nibiru, sovereign citizens, blah...blah...blah... They love the Alex Jone's of the world (nothing against Alex). They realized killing Bill Cooper was a huge mistake and left a huge void in the dialectic.

Each of these movements have an element of truth to them, otherwise they would never get off the ground and would not fly, just like the Wright brothers first airplane. Our task is to discern, to separate the wheat from the chaff, and to question everything, and only distill information which has AT LEAST three unrelated origins which can be confirmed as reliable. It's a tough task, and all of us get sucked in once in awhile. I'm certainly not immune.

It also helps to stand as far back from the canvas as possible and hold a "big picture" perspective. Then the daily ruminations and distractions are much easier to spot, and are a lot more fun to look at from an irreverent humorous giddy laughable context. It really is quite absurd what the elite are doing once you see their tricks and lies.

Anyways, thanks Bill for coming forward with a new perspective, now that the 2012 hype has died down. The collective could use a new focus.

Knowrainknowrainbows!
8th June 2013, 18:11
-------

Hi again, All:

To anyone who can't see the How to Donate (http://projectavalon.net/lang/en/donation.html) button -- which is here...

http://projectavalon.net/How_to_Donate.gif

... what may be happening is that your text size is zoomed on your toolbar.

On a few browsers and platforms, that seems to push the How to Donate line out of view. Try adjusting the zoom to zoom out -- and it should reappear. (And thanks for the useful feedback! We didn't know this until a few minutes ago. Ilie will fix the bug as soon as he can.)

Wow! THAT IS EXACTLY what happened! Lol! I can't read the small font so must keep text size larger .... technologically challenged but I can get over the hurdles with a little help. Thanks!:high5:

Peace of Mind
10th June 2013, 16:49
Quote by “bruno dante”,
“PeaceofMind, with respect, I haven't a clue what you're talking about. Would you perform your daily work with nothing but a donation button separating you from a homeless shelter? Would you be equally as flippant if you weren't getting any donations?” End Quote

Forgive the untimely response, been real busy lately. But I’ll take time to respond to your fair post.

I do a great deal of services for free, I’m also an activist who happens to have the ears of many celebrities, attorneys, military personal, youth groups, etc. A couple think tanks have formed from this assembly so I really have to be a strong proponent in what I do.

The premise to most of my posts here is to gain and spread awareness and support while pointing out denial, blinded ambitions, and obvious remedies. I’ve been told that some of my posts were like giving away free books, I laugh at that notion because what I do here is not about recognition or money, it’s about our collective consciousness, what we are doing with it and how we should fine tune it together so the future can start being what WE ALL want instead of a secret select few that are molding the minds with obscurity.

Sacrifices have been made on my part as well as many others, and many more are primed. However, my colleagues and I refuse to be subjected to falsified information; too much is at stake (I’m sure you can imagine what). There are people within many areas of our flawed society willing to bring about the change we seek…in the least aid in being the catalyst. Money has only been an issue for me in my youth as I often always thought of ways that denied me the money/things I wanted because of trained thoughts of disempowerment since birth.

As I age, I matured in my thinking, removed doubts, removed what others say is impossible, and proved them wrong by simply being persistent and courageous in pursuing my goals. The most technological advancements we have in life today were at one time deem impossible/crazy, but it was the determination and belief in self that brought about the inventions, a stagnate soul produces nothing but a conduit for spreading unconfirmed material due to their own incompetence and lack of self responsibility.

I’m always able to find ways to make a living, there is never ONE way to live or earn funds, NEVER. A true God mind/body has no limits when it comes to self preservation (this is an understatement). If you are ever placed in such a jam where you need a donation button to live then there are severe issues in your life that needs attending to and no one can/should/ feel obligated to remedy that, unless they choose. We all have issues to face and when we DO FACE them we learn how to fix them, ALWAYS. You say you are no hero, Why? That little statement there is one of the main reason the majority of my post here are long, detailed and riddled with ways to easy turn you into a hero. If you want to be a hero, it’s not hard at all. All you need is commitment and fearlessness, Remove the fear.

What you believe yourself to be, so be it. Life is short; don’t waste it by being consciously oppressed and disempowered, that’s not living at all. I can donate, but what I see here I see in other like forums. My interest here has always been in forming communities, committees, think tanks, solutions….the original intent of the forum.

Peace

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote by Bill Ryan, “This has been quite a long time coming, but the time is ripe now. I'd always wanted to first get all the 2012 hysteria out of the way, a view which concerned Avalon member Peace of Mind will doubtless applaud. End Quote”

Getting out the 2012 hype is very important, imo. Many of the Whistleblowers interviewed here talked about it a lot…along with “Disclosure”. Many of the forum members brought in to those ideas heavily, some people donated to these WB’s, some people even left family members and close friends because they were told to do so if they wanted to “Ascend”, many people even went out to stock up on supplies because of the many fail predictions other than the 2012 hype that was in some of those interviews. Sad to say we lost a hugh group of very intelligent members because of those reasons.

Trust has to be earned not brought or paid for. We suffer as a whole because we loosely and blindly give out respect and trust just to later be let down and further divided…the cycle must stop if we are to prosper.

I have great respect for anyone choosing to put their ass on the line because I do it myself with no problem or the thoughts of fear…. I have to because the thoughts of failure, harm, fears get their power from me thinking of them., so I remove them and go full throttle. Nobody lives forever… only their legacies have a chance at immortality, so I worry not about a body that was meant to decay, I’ll get great mileage from my vehicle before retiring it, no regrets when I’m done with it.

I’ll happily provide aid to a cause for the people as long as the product is valuable and can be USED, not just talked about due to inconsistencies. Clearing the airways, and providing the membership with definite info, and the true intentions to your forum will do everyone good, that way we can all decide if we want to watch sci-fiction, truth TV, or change the channel…as suggested earlier by another member here. One of the last things I want to do is get in the way or waste anyone's time, especially my own. Thanks, and I look forward to your next video.

Peace

Jake
10th June 2013, 17:29
Clearing the airways, and providing the membership with definite info, and the true intentions to your forum...

OUR forum! (All of us!)

Hello Peaceofmind!! I admire your passion for truth and your commitment to being free and standing in your own power. Everyone here donates! :) Many do not donate cash!! I have donated my time in the past,, and I donate my time now! We can only endeavor to make this a better place for the freeflowing exchange of ideas. Each and every one of you donates a little part of themselves each time they read and/or respond to a post. You are donating your thoughts and wisdom, even now! Bill has donated more to the cause of exposing the truth than anyone I have ever known!! This forum has moved from a simple 'information' site, to one of INSPIRATION!!

Believe it or not, I make more cash opening up my guitar case and playing some tunes, than I do at both of my 'real jobs' combined. These are all donations!!! Nobody is required to give cash. Once, this small young girl mustered the courage to come up to me and put a small flower she had picked, into my guitar case. It was the best donation she could have given me!!! If someone chooses not to click the 'donate' button,, no worries. It is only there as a means to an end. This forum shines with the personal donations of each and every poster,,,, each and every day!!

Love to all,,, Jake.

Roisin
12th August 2013, 18:58
Hi Everybody!

I just found out that Bill needs to pay this forum’s server and also the site for the translation team NOW -- as in immediately, if not sooner!

If he doesn’t receive donations from members of this forum for this immediate situation, it sounds to me like this place isn’t going to be around for people to log onto sometime in the very, very near future. Like, maybe even sometime in the next few days….

So this is an emergency request for a donation from members here and because, like all of us, I have benefited immensely in more ways than I can even express having to do with the existence of this forum, I’m just informing everyone that Bill needs everybody to donate NOW to keep this place open.

If I had the money to remedy the current amount needed to prevent this forum from closing, I would donate it to Bill without hesitation, but because I’m like most people who are basically existing from one paycheck to the next, all I can donate today is $10. So I’m posting this notification here today because I know that even though I can’t donate much, I can at least let everyone here know that Bill needs donations from everybody now.

I already automatically donate $5 a month here via paypal and I’m sure if everybody here was doing that too, Bill would not be in the situation he is in now. But in any case, whatever amount you can donate today I’m sure it would be greatly appreciated!

Also, for those members of PA who only occasionally post here -- especially those ones who do, nevertheless, log on here all of the time for updates on those topics that are discussed here, if you could imagine what it would be like if this forum were no longer online and how much you would miss that, then please DO find it in your heart to make a donation today too.

I guess the bottom line is, people need to pay attention to how much time Bill, the administrator’s and the mods here spend at this forum on a daily basis to keep it running and to participate and contribute on a real significant and passionate level in those conversations here that are occurring at any given time; day and night.

How much work and effort they contribute daily to keep this place as one of the most dynamic, interesting and INFORMATIVE forums on the internet!

So is it fair to also ask them to pay the bills to keep the server running and operating 24/7 too? I think most of us know the answer to that question so I don't need to answer it for you!

Let me ask you this, how many times do you wake up in the middle of the night where you come to this forum because you know that people are here from all over the world, 24/7, talking about the same topics that you too have a real passion for also? And what would it be like if you came here at that time only to find it offline and how frustrating that would be?

So think about what your PA forum withdrawal symptoms would be like if it were to go offline and then think about how much money you can contribute at this moment to prevent that from happening. Whatever the case may be, even if you can only donate a few dollars today, anything will help IF EVERYONE HERE PITCHED IN!

ONCE AGAIN, THIS IS AN EMERGENCY DONATION REQUEST. PLEASE DONATE WHATEVER YOU CAN TO KEEP PROJECT AVALON ONLINE AND RUNNING -- AND PLEASE DONATE TODAY!

Roisin
12th August 2013, 19:23
If you find this platform useful or you feel inspired by the information being shared here please support this project by sending a donation.

Send a Donation -- http://projectavalon.net/lang/en/donation.html

Thank You!

Note: Please read my post before this on in this thread. thanks!

Roisin
12th August 2013, 20:32
Hi Everybody!

I just found out that Bill needs to pay this forum’s server and also the site for the translation team NOW -- as in immediately, if not sooner!

If he doesn’t receive donations from members of this forum for this immediate situation, it sounds to me like this place isn’t going to be around for people to log onto sometime in the very, very near future. Like, maybe even sometime in the next few days….

So this is an emergency request for a donation from members here and because, like all of us, I have benefited immensely in more ways than I can even express having to do with the existence of this forum, I’m just informing everyone that Bill needs everybody to donate NOW to keep this place open.

If I had the money to remedy the current amount needed to prevent this forum from closing, I would donate it to Bill without hesitation, but because I’m like most people who are basically existing from one paycheck to the next, all I can donate today is $10. So I’m posting this notification here today because I know that even though I can’t donate much, I can at least let everyone here know that Bill needs donations from everybody now.

I already automatically donate $5 a month here via paypal and I’m sure if everybody here was doing that too, Bill would not be in the situation he is in now. But in any case, whatever amount you can donate today I’m sure it would be greatly appreciated!

Also, for those members of PA who only occasionally post here -- especially those ones who do, nevertheless, log on here all of the time for updates on those topics that are discussed here, if you could imagine what it would be like if this forum were no longer online and how much you would miss that, then please DO find it in your heart to make a donation today too.

I guess the bottom line is, people need to pay attention to how much time Bill, the administrator’s and the mods here spend at this forum on a daily basis to keep it running and to participate and contribute on a real significant and passionate level in those conversations here that are occurring at any given time; day and night.

How much work and effort they contribute daily to keep this place as one of the most dynamic, interesting and INFORMATIVE forums on the internet!

So is it fair to also ask them to pay the bills to keep the server running and operating 24/7 too? I think most of us know the answer to that question so I don't need to answer it for you!

Let me ask you this, how many times do you wake up in the middle of the night where you come to this forum because you know that people are here from all over the world, 24/7, talking about the same topics that you too have a real passion for also? And what would it be like if you came here at that time only to find it offline and how frustrating that would be?

So think about what your PA forum withdrawal symptoms would be like if it were to go offline and then think about how much money you can contribute at this moment to prevent that from happening. Whatever the case may be, even if you can only donate a few dollars today, anything will help IF EVERYONE HERE PITCHED IN!

ONCE AGAIN, THIS IS AN EMERGENCY DONATION REQUEST. PLEASE DONATE WHATEVER YOU CAN TO KEEP PROJECT AVALON ONLINE AND RUNNING -- AND PLEASE DONATE TODAY!

If you find this platform useful or you feel inspired by the information being shared here please support this project by sending a donation.

Send a Donation -- http://projectavalon.net/lang/en/donation.html

Thank You!

BrianEn
12th August 2013, 20:44
Well, read most of the thread. It loosened up the wallet and I checked the account. There's was enough to buck up a bit.

Checked and it went through.

Anchor
13th August 2013, 00:22

May I ask how you found out?

If its such an immanent emergency, why is there nothing official about it?

Is there an official confirmation of funding issues?

ThePythonicCow
13th August 2013, 05:54
Not that I know of ... to the degree that Roisin reports :).

Donations really do help, but I trust Bill wouldn't let this forum slip through his grasp that easily.

Roisin
13th August 2013, 16:34
I'm just reporting what I got through the grapevine hence why I stepped up to the plate to ask members here to donate to help Bill cover his current monthly payments for this forums' server and the site for the translation team instead of him having to ask us instead.

I mean, let's face it, anyone who owns a forum of the caliber that this one is, has to keep asking for donations to keep it running yet, for some, it seems like the owner is breaching those boundaries of propriety by having to do that all of the time. But they shouldn't think that way especially in this case where the owner of the forum is also a well-known respected journalist, media personality, trailblazer and opinion-a-tor. Where else can you go online and actually get to talk to Bill Ryan in person on any given topic? And where else online will you encounter a whole line-up of intellectuals, writers and researchers, on those kinds of topics that are discussed here, who have made this forum their home-base because Bill Ryan is here too?

But back to donations.... the donation drive here is an ongoing one and unless Bill gets them coming in from this forums membership every month, he has to pay for everything out of his own pockets which is what I'm sure he ends up doing most of the time anyway. Then there are those consistently reliable ones here who every now and then will donate whatever is needed, so that PA will still be here when the sun rises the next morning, when funds are short on Bill's end. But is it really fair for us to expect those same people to keep coming to the rescue to help Bill out in this area, time and time again, when there's a whole forum full of people here who could just as easily donate every month to help out with that too?

Anyway, since most people have paypal accounts, it's so easy to just press that "make a donation" button on the top of the main page here. It goes straight to paypal and all one has to do is log into your acct. there, type in the amount you want to donate and presto! It's done! Nothing to it.

Please Donate today to help Bill pay those expenses necessary to keep this forum running!

BrianEn
13th August 2013, 20:47
I didn't donate coz of the posts in red. I just thought I come here lots and I haven't made a donation in a long time.

Anchor
13th August 2013, 23:05
Please Donate today to help Bill pay those expenses necessary to keep this forum running!

Yes.

I hope you did not take my request for clarity as a criticism.

IMO it is quite unlikely that Avalon (itself, as a forum) will be going down due to lack of funds. However that likelihood increases if enough people misuse their latent creative powers and accidentally cause that to happen by envisioning that outcome in an inappropriate manner!

In this case that resolves down to a simple ask - unless there is a real emergency - don't characterize it as one - and that reduces the risk of this happening.

I think helping to keep people aware of the need for donations is worthwhile. I just did not like the sound of the "emergency" post. If there are significant problems then there may be a more appropriate way to solve them. If that does happen, then as has happened in the past Bill will post and in every case in the past when that has happened, there has been more than sufficient response.

So, no harm done I hope, and thanks for keeping the need for donations in peoples minds.

Update: - just so you know, I was rightly reminded by all this and donated :)

Keltikmuse
13th August 2013, 23:14
I used to run a forum and know the costs involved. As soon as I am off the sick pay and back to work I will certainly contribute..thank you in the mean time for a fantastic forum.

Roisin
14th August 2013, 01:11
Anchor, don't blame the messenger (me). The information I received on that was interpreted as an urgent call for donations NOW hence why I brought it to this thread yesterday.

Thanks for donating and thanks for your comments too! ;)

Christine
14th August 2013, 03:23

May I ask how you found out?

If its such an immanent emergency, why is there nothing official about it?

Hey there everyone... I am the culprit who mentioned the situation to Roisin. I became aware that the server and the Ning site for the Avalon translators needed to be paid and that Bill didn't have enough cash in PayPal to cover it. I thought of Roisin and her "Why I'm Giving a Monthly Donation" thread and asked that she post a reminder to the Avalon family that this is our forum so please remember to support it.

I apologize to Roisin if I gave the impression that Avalon would go under, this wasn't my intention. (Even though is was true that the bills had gone past due). The Avalon forum is very important to all of us and the service we provide to the greater world. I know, as Paul says, we would never let Avalon slip away that easily.

Look, as far as I can tell Bill never thinks about money, his head is filled constantly with what is happening in our world and how best to serve. When he mentioned that the bills were overdue it was said so matter of fact that I took it upon myself to try and find a solution.

Being a mod made me feel somewhat shy about asking myself, I know there are still sensitivities around money and felt it would be best if Roisin revived her thread.

Gee, I hope that explains things well enough.

You know, if everyone would donate just five dollars a month the forum's bills would be covered and that would take a load off of Bill and there wouldn't be a need for an emergency plea.

Being a mod on Avalon has been one of the biggest gifts of my life, I receive far more than I give just from sharing with all truly amazing Beings who have made Avalon their home.

--------------

P.S. I just heard that the bills got paid, thanks so much to all of you who are so kind and generous.

Kindling
14th August 2013, 04:58
I'm glad this thread was brought back up. I missed it when it was started and have really enjoyed reading the posts. Avalon is an amazing community. Thanks Roison :-)

Bill Ryan
26th October 2013, 15:22
this is a good sign that whistle blowers have to beg for money as it means more and more people are seeing true them and are not just blindly donating to there free living. when will we start to see true well meaning whistle blowers that have no books to sell... sites to sign up to... donation buttons... paid conference tours and so on. this industry, it has become, will never reveal any real truth as long as there's money to be made...

I understand what you mean, but I'd like to ask you these questions: :)

Who should pay the costs for the Avalon forum? (Server costs are $3,240 per year.) I understand that you don't want to contribute to that personally. But if I asked you to, would you be offended? Do you EXPECT all the work that is done here to be free for you? (You mentioned 'free living'. Who's getting stuff 'free' here?!)

If I were to write a book (which many have encouraged me to), would that somehow be a selfish thing to do? (Writing any book is very hard work, taking months or sometimes many years. VERY few authors make much money from their work. Only a tiny, tiny fraction of best-sellers do. Many books out there are self-published at a loss.)

If I organized a conference (which I am not planning to!) would that also be some kind of selfishness? I've helped organize one major conference (Zurich, 2009) and it took a team of 20 people three months to put it all together. It was an astonishing amount of hard work, most of which is invisible from the 'outside'. Many 'alternative' conferences barely break even, and some make a loss.

I do like the idea of specialized Avalon audio conferences. They would probably require professional-quality software, needing to be bought, and maybe a dedicated server. Would you be willing to contribute to the cost if you wanted to take part? Or should that be free, too? And if it should be free for you, who pays -- and why?

:)

Not being confrontational here. Just asking you to be realistic!

With best wishes, Bill

Chester
26th October 2013, 16:56
Oh, and one more thing, if you have also been donating to this forum too, please tell us why you're doing that. This may inspire others to donate here too! I don't know about you, but one thing I do know, if I can afford $5 a month, anyone can. $5 a month for all of the benefits I'm getting back in return by being a member of this community is the biggest bargain out there! For sure! Nuf said. Hope others will comment in this thread too!

I hit rock bottom in my life about 19 months ago. I had joined this forum in December of 2011, but in the middle of March, 2012 I was in the midst of the darkest "dark night of the soul" journeys I could ever imagine. My depression was worse than suicidal, in fact, my depression was because I could not do that last step.

So I began to post, discuss, share, pour out, even believed in Drake for a short while... and then, on April 26th I discovered Houman's Horus-Ra thread. My depression instantly went away as I discovered what was likely behind the voices in my head that (amongst other things) told me I had to 86 myself to save the world. The discovery that the voice was likely not "God" like I had thought, along with the amazing synchronicity that "Horus-Ra" entities may be behind what i was experiencing, my life began a transformation I am still pinching myself over.

I have moved much further along as to my theories about what I had experienced which co-created the dark place I found myself in early 2012 but if it were not for this forum, I make the odds high I would never have made the turn around I did and that I may not even be here today.

There is zero exaggeration as to what I just wrote as folks who have been here the last few years or longer and who have read some of my posts in this regard will attest.

No monetary donation could equal what my family (and I) received because of this forum. But I also do my best to help support via donations the continuation of this forum - but I don't like to talk about it.

Tesla_WTC_Solution
26th October 2013, 17:37
When I get more income I will try to donate here. It seems well worth the money.

I've given to Wikip a couple times, which helps them a lot too (I use it a lot).

Bill, do you have one of those meters that shows "monthly donation goal" and "actual donations per month"?
Legend of the Green Dragon has one of those and it's pretty good for them,
because people who donate get extra benefits in their web browser RPG.

Perhaps donators could get a Scooby snack, like maybe an extra picture in the signature, a custom title by their name, or a specially colored name.
Those are ideas from other sites that worked for them.

Also some sites use the "star" system; i.e. longevity, post count, post quality, and donation frequency add more "stars" to a person's rating.

I don't know --

also, have you considered making this a non-profit org and adding it to Ebay donation options and other sites like that?

You could simply call it a "safe haven for internet users who have experienced UFO contact and/or paranormal experience", etc.
Or you could go the way of the SPR and just call it a "psychical research project".

Ron Mauer Sr
26th October 2013, 18:35
I do like the idea of specialized Avalon audio conferences. They would probably require professional-quality software, needing to be bought, and maybe a dedicated server. Would you be willing to contribute to the cost if you wanted to take part? Or should that be free, too? And if it should be free for you, who pays -- and why?

:)

Not being confrontational here. Just asking you to be realistic!

With best wishes, Bill

I am happy to make a contribution for specialized Avalon audio conferences. Some of the information here at Avalon is more entertaining and informative than watching a movie. The information will probably prove to of far more value. Admission price to see a movie is acceptable to me.

My preferences (if there is sufficient interest):

Setup an independent account to cover the expected cost. Show the goal and current funding.
Only Avalon members can ask questions, but share the edited conference with all.
If sufficient funding is not available by some reasonable date, transfer the funds into the general fund for Project Avalon.

Let's define the potential problems and discuss potential solutions.

grannyfranny100
26th October 2013, 20:36
Bill, Kevin Smith tried some online conferences with 4-5 presenters each time. He stressed the benefits- no airfare, no hotels and meal expenses, etc. He gave up that approach because of insignificant participation. He was a top notch interviewer as are you but his marketing skills were inadequate IMO.

Here are a few suggestions that Kevin didn't address adequately
• allow sufficient time for many repetitions of the announcement to sink in and be supplemented by word of mouth
• repeat the data several times in your announcement to increase comprehension
• write at a fifth grade level as most printed media is. This is comfortable since it is below most readers' actual grade level comprehension.
• include all the who, what, were and when info including the date, time, the interviewee and his bio.
• assume the reader does not know who the interviewee is rather than forcing the reader to research who the subject is and why he is important
• make sure all pertinent info is nailed down before you release the announcement to avoid confusion and drop outs
• announce the topic of the interview, involve the audience by having them submit questions in advance for your consideration but no commitment of inclusion.
• make sure the payment terms are easy to follow and use one like PayPal that most people already use
• don't forget to cross link the printed announcement with your Youtube account and facebook page if you have one
• make a Youtube video announcement so viewers can get a flavor of you in case they are unfamiliar with your work.

These are some of the issues that were problematical in Kevin's attempts. Most likely you already know these points but Kevin could never get into the consumer's shoes and promote it from that level. He was basically a loner but you are a genuine people person with vast experience. Nevertheless we all get so caught up with what we know and can't easily realize what others don't know. Just a reminder.

Robin
3rd November 2013, 15:58
Did anyone else notice the advertisements on this forum yesterday? There were advertisement banners up yesterday on the top and bottom of this website. This morning they were mysteriously gone.

Was this a test-run to see if anybody would notice or comment on them? I know that one of Bill's goals is to not have advertisements on the forum so it took me by surprise. I don't mind the ads, personally, I am just curious. I understand if they are necessary to keep the forum going.

Did anyone else see the advertisements?

Ron Mauer Sr
3rd November 2013, 17:02
Did anyone else notice the advertisements on this forum yesterday? There were advertisement banners up yesterday on the top and bottom of this website. This morning they were mysteriously gone.

Was this a test-run to see if anybody would notice or comment on them? I know that one of Bill's goals is to not have advertisements on the forum so it took me by surprise. I don't mind the ads, personally, I am just curious. I understand if they are necessary to keep the forum going.

I did not notice any advertisements yesterday or any day.

Bill Ryan
3rd November 2013, 17:21

No: no advertisements on Avalon, anywhere, ever. :)

This must be something else... maybe from your browser?

Robin
3rd November 2013, 18:17
Ah I see! Thanks for the quick reply, Bill.

Those advertisements sure know how to sneak up on you..