PDA

View Full Version : Handcrafted One of A Kind Items (Once of baby outfits etc)

jack
5th June 2013, 00:23
Hi guys.

I was just wondering what the general mood of the forum is towords sharing crochet baby outfits made by me or someone close to me who is not a team of super knitting monkeys locked in my basement.. erhhmm.

Anyways, this is the outfit. Its a once off and is made strictly from someones creative mind so there will not be another one out there which probably makes it special for some people.

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/customprofilepics/profilepic292_1.gif

If anyones interested and would like this for a special someone please send me a pm and we can talk more about it. It took over 15 hours to make and had a lot of love poured into it.

GoodETxSG
5th June 2013, 01:42
Avalon-Bay?

Rosieposie
5th June 2013, 11:45
It is very cute :) well done I just end up in a ball of wool when I crochet lol maybe look up http://www.etsy.com/?ref=so_home for selling on, that's where I go to buy most of my clothing etc as there are many hand made items on there :) Making an account with them is simple too.

jack
6th June 2013, 12:12
Thanks for the tip Rosie :) You've made my girls day by saying that its cute ;)

I do my own business on ebay but handcrafted stuff just doesnt sell all that well on there. I will let her know about that etsy site and she can check it out.

ulli
6th June 2013, 12:22
Thanks for the tip Rosie :) You've made my girls day by saying that its cute ;)

I do my own business on ebay but handcrafted stuff just doesnt sell all that well on there. I will let her know about that etsy site and she can check it out.

Just confirming that www.etsy.com is definitely the answer here.
It costs just 10 cents per month to post up to five photos of an item
and there are quite a few ways to advertise one's etsy shop.
To be a successful seller on etsy means daily maintenance...
Etsy becomes a life style.

I just googled 'crochet baby outfits etsy' clicked on images, and all this showed up.
http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0oG7lk4f7BRJEoAKQrBGOd_?p=crochet+bab y+outfits+etsy&fr=ipad&fr2=piv-web

I hope she doesn't feel that the competition is overwhelming...which was my problem with the one of a kind jewelry I make.

http://ts2.explicit.bing.net/th?id=H.4617374354900221&pid=15.1

jack
6th June 2013, 23:00
Thank you Ulli!

I was hoping that the "once off" special aspect would have a fair market but it looks far tougher than what im doing myself :)

Thats a lovely summer outfit for the baby, better not show my g/f :P

eric charles
7th June 2013, 00:20
Nice stuff jack , its nice to see people handcraft things , very rare these days .

eric charles
7th June 2013, 13:20
I would pay good money to get one made for myself , Im a very big guy though , would you be able to make one for me Jack if i give you my measurments ?, I love nice wool , nice and warm on cool nights ?

jack
11th June 2013, 01:10
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you Eric. It will be my girlfriend who'll be making it and shes sleeping at the moment so i'll mention it to her in the morning, im pretty sure she would be up for it.

P.S i'll ask her to make it manly ;)

eric charles
11th June 2013, 13:22
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you Eric. It will be my girlfriend who'll be making it and shes sleeping at the moment so i'll mention it to her in the morning, im pretty sure she would be up for it.

P.S i'll ask her to make it manly ;)

Cool , and I would definetly get some for the kids also .

...and ill have to wait for the wife to get back home so she can take the measurements , because I have no idea how that works hehehehe all i can tell you is I am 6ft 250lbs
A regular xl or xxl at the stores dont fit me , I have a super long upper body/torso , also they are so big on the width they look like a sail on me , so bad it seems you could fit 2 of me in there lol , but never long enough .

So send me a pm Jack with your email and we will set something up