PDA

View Full Version : Follow Your Bliss - It's Never Too Late

mosquito
11th June 2013, 10:16
This thread has come about rather spontaneously, as a result of me doing the unthinkable and actually taking some action !

Preamble: Iíve recently felt stuck. Iíve known I need to make changes in my life, but have not known what or how. I recently applied for another job, with more responsibility, more pay, much more work, less holiday, in a massive, fast-paced polluted city. Did I WANT to make those changes, NOOO, but where I am now I feel like Iím stagnating. Anyway, I pondered and decided that despite the feeling of stasis, this position has a lot going for it: Iím surrounded by trees, I have lots of free time, I just havenít been using it wisely. Anyway, I decided to stay put, and make good use of my time in the coming year. I didnít get offered the job BTW, but wasnít bothered.

The first part of my ďspiritualĒ journey was in the alternative medicine field, specifically acupuncture, and itís gone on from there to encompass consciousness, human potential, shamanism and Eastern philosophy. Recently I got to thinking that of all the books Iíve read, why the hell havenít I read ďThe Tao of PhysicsĒ by Capra ? It really began to bug me,. Anyone who knows me would assume I had read it; to find I hadnít would be like discovering that the pope hadnít read the bible ! I decided to look online and found an available PDF, which I downloaded and filed away for later action. And there it sat. Until today, when I decided I needed to read it. So .... I got it printed and bound (I donít like reading from a computer screen) and sat down with it.

I started reading the preface and was hit with a surge of emotion, I was nearly in tears, I felt like I was reconnecting with a dream, a passion. I remembered how energized and full of life I used to feel when engaging with these subjects and exploring my own consciousness. Itís given me a feeling for the path I need to pursue, and has given me a direction out of the morass Iíve allowed myself to get into.

Thanks for reading this far, so what's my message ?

Find your passion, your bliss, your joy, and GO WITH IT ! It doesnít matter how old you are, where you are, what youíre doing now, what your past ďfailuresĒ have been, just find what you love and embrace it.

This thread can go wherever you want it to, if you wish to share, feel free, but Iíd like to clarify that my definition of ďpassionĒ isnít one with any negative connotations, rather itís that which makes your heart sing, gives you energy even though youíre tired, makes you thirst for life.

Philip

northstar
11th June 2013, 10:47
In my opinion life is too short:

- to do any job that does not bring me joy
- to do things that I dislike or feel bad about - for any reason at all
- to hang around with people who don't like me or don't accept me
- to spend time not accepting, loving and appreciating myself
- to expose myself to media that is deliberately designed to indoctrinate my mind
- to buy things that I don't need and don't bring me joy
- to buy bright and shiny things that are deliberately designed to break down and be thrown away
- to eat manufactured "food products" engineered to break down my body and spirit

The list is much longer than this but you get the idea.

I believe to my very core that we enter these earthy bodies to be fully embodied in blissful incarnation, to be fully present, to be fully aware, to be fully sovereign. If and when I find myself in situations (for example, jobs) that are not supporting the full expression of my humanity, then I take steps and do something about it.

I have found over the years that when I connect with my core self and set my intentions as to the type of life that I expect to live, life always delivers that to me! I create a vision of my blissful life, I energize it with emotion and I give it to the source of all (quantum field, zero point field, Great Creator, etc). Then I focus on living each moment in joyful appreciation and gratitude. Because I make it a practice to count my blessings each day, I tend to have a lot of blessings to count. When this is done in the spirit of service to others, rather than service to self, the vibrational expansion is wonderful.

Peace.
Love.
Namaste.

Fred Ryan
11th June 2013, 10:55
Hi,

Thanks so much for the very inspiring post. Strange how the answer was always right there in front of you nose. I'm on a similar journey searching for my bliss, which, much like in your story, will likely turn out to be right in front of my nose.

Take care and wish you the best.

PS: I'm very much interested in Eastern healing modalities and would like to hear more.

mosquito
11th June 2013, 11:12

- to expose myself to media that is deliberately designed to indoctrinate my mind
- to buy bright and shiny things that are deliberately designed to break down and be thrown away
- to eat manufactured "food products" engineered to break down my body and spirit

I believe to my very core that we enter these earthy bodies to be fully embodied in blissful incarnation, to be fully present, to be fully aware, to be fully sovereign. If and when I find myself in situations (for example, jobs) that are not supporting the full expression of my humanity, then I take steps and do something about it.

I have found over the years that when I connect with my core self and set my intentions as to the type of life that I expect to live, life always delivers that to me! I create a vision of my blissful life, I energize it with emotion and I give it to the source of all (quantum field, zero point field, Great Creator, etc). Then I focus on living each moment in joyful appreciation and gratitude. Because I make it a practice to count my blessings each day, I tend to have a lot of blessings to count. When this is done in the spirit of service to others, rather than service to self, the vibrational expansion is wonderful.

Peace.
Love.
Namaste.

Your post says it all, wonderful thanks.

Rich
11th June 2013, 11:23
What if someone doesn't know what their bliss is?

christian
11th June 2013, 11:25
Such a beautiful story, thanks for sharing!

There's always a course of action right here right now that will fulfill you...
Use your intuition, open your eyes, reach out and go for it! :)

Love, children... is just a kiss away.

GJtq6OmD-_Y

... it's just a kiss away.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/7873_619908038019728_1488349667_n.jpg

Keep It Stupid Simple (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle) :)

northstar
11th June 2013, 11:34

What makes you feel joy?
What makes you happy?
What makes you feel like a kid in a candy store?
What makes you feel connected?
What makes you feel uplifted and reverent?
What fills you with awe and wonder?
What fills you with love?
What makes you wake up and take notice?
What makes you excited and engaged and alive?

If you are looking for further instruction in this, I have found the works of Abraham-Hicks very helpful for showing people how to connect with their bliss.

karamba
11th June 2013, 12:08
Great post! thank you for sharing! and reminding ;) I am sending all Avalonian's Bliss of joyfull Life!
Love

mosquito
11th June 2013, 12:58

That was one of the reasons I posted (I'm not the forums greatest thread starter !) .... I've done many many things in life, tried all sorts, "failed" countless times, gone into the deepest parts of my psyche to such an extent that I no longer knew what my bliss was, life has been full of contradictions, synchronous dichotomies (if that makes sense) and all certainty expunged, to the point that I was beginning to question who I am. A simple step, starting a book, rekindled a flame. I'm not saying that this is my ONLY passion, there are others, but what happened today was an illustration of how ACTION, in a chosen DIRECTION can lead you to illumination.

Northstar's post above gives you the steps you can take to find YOUR bliss. It's there, just waiting for you to remember, good luck !

This is where it gets silly folks, cos it's time for my beddy-byes. I leave this thread in very capable hands ;)

Lifebringer
11th June 2013, 13:45
Get quiet, do some deep breathing til you hear your pulse. Sometimes vibratory stimulation of the chakras help. Olmmmm....olmmmm... for about 10 min and ask your inner self, it will guide you through picture/vision of things you like or enjoy. Your choice which one or ones you try. Time to do it, so go for it!

Mike Gorman
11th June 2013, 15:00

Peace.
Love.
Namaste.

Wonderful to see such a strong invocation of these principles Namaste; I have recently taken early retirement from my secure Govt I.T job for the very reasons you list (in part)
I want to allow my spirit to expand, my skills to accommodate new skills and different areas-for so many reasons I won't exhaust you with-but yes! I find myself at 55 re-awakening...

mosquito
12th June 2013, 01:44
I want to allow my spirit to expand, my skills to accommodate new skills and different areas-for so many reasons I won't exhaust you with-but yes! I find myself at 55 re-awakening...

Excellent, good for you, that's the sort of step everyone can take. It takes courage, but if we don't accept the challenge, we aren't being true to ourselves.

rgray222
12th June 2013, 02:04
Doing something consciously or for the soul always lifts your spirit and brings renewed hope/happiness!