PDA

View Full Version : Seeds that can save your life

jiminii
15th June 2013, 12:24
there are seeds you can buy in thailand called basil seeds .. they are very small and blow up in water to about 8 times their size .. so 1/8 teaspoon can practically fill an 8 oz class ...
they also have chia seeds that do the same thing ... the thing about it ,, is this .. they have all the emino acids in them ...
what are amino acids .???? you can not use pork protein or beef protein or chicken protein .. the body has to convert the pork, beef or chicken into amino acids and make it's own protein from the amino acids ...
so one sack of these basil seeds where 1/8 teaspoon is the same as a complete meal .. can keep you alive ... are light and easy to carry only needs water ,,..

jim

kanishk
15th June 2013, 12:34
What is the scientific name of that species? Is it O. basilicum var. thyrsiflora?

jiminii
15th June 2013, 12:53
don't know ... maybe can find on the thai website ... they sell them in the supermarket .. and also sell them made in hot soy milk

jim

Agape
15th June 2013, 12:59
What is the scientific name of that species? Is it O. basilicum var. thyrsiflora?

In India, some people..like some holy widowers among Vaishnavas , if they were disabled or unwilling to trust another woman,
they were recommended to marry the sacred Tulsi ( Occimum sanctum )

and the wedding was conducted according to regular marriage customs .

As Tulsi is sacred to Krishna, I suppose there is something contained in the plant that stimulates human brain without pushing excessive release of neurotransmitters , thus stabilises various metabolic functions in non aggressive way and makes people more holy..

Would you agree on that , personally ?

;)

northstar
15th June 2013, 13:00
I make a chocolate pudding with chia, cocoa powder, banana and fresh dates.
It tastes delicious, it doesn't need cooking and it has no added sugar, apart from the natural sugar of the dates and banana.

By the way, here is some good information on Basil seeds:
http://www.truthnhealth.com/2011/10/5-amazing-benefits-of-basil-seeds/

Kraut
15th June 2013, 13:19
Thanks for the info, will see where I can get them here.

Sidney
15th June 2013, 14:33
Thanks for the info, will see where I can get them here.

Found this site online.

http://www.spicesforless.com/new/basil-seeds-bulk.html?

Kraut
15th June 2013, 15:13
Found this site online.

http://www.spicesforless.com/new/basil-seeds-bulk.html?
Thanks for the link, Sidney. Hopefully I can find someone in Germany that sells them too.

Rich
15th June 2013, 16:04
basil seeds where 1/8 teaspoon is the same as a complete meal ..

1/8th of a teaspoon? that would be like 2g which is perhaps 5 calories a full meal has 800 calories

Mike
15th June 2013, 16:11
hi Jiminii, thanks for the info. never really heard of basil seeds...

I might include hemp seeds on that list:

-all 20 aminos, including the "essential 9"
-high protein
-high fiber
-balanced ratio of omega 3 to 6

not too bad...

onawah
15th June 2013, 20:53
If you sprout the seeds and consume them in sprouted form, the nutritional value is greatly enhanced.
I soak flax and chia seeds and blend them into my morning smoothie. Lots of omega 3s!

lookbeyond
16th June 2013, 08:01
It tastes delicious, it doesn't need cooking and it has no added sugar, apart from the natural sugar of the dates and banana.

Would you mind sharing that recipe for your chocolate pudding northstar? -lb

kanishk
16th June 2013, 08:38

In India, some people..like some holy widowers among Vaishnavas , if they were disabled or unwilling to trust another woman,
they were recommended to marry the sacred Tulsi ( Occimum sanctum )

and the wedding was conducted according to regular marriage customs .

As Tulsi is sacred to Krishna, I suppose there is something contained in the plant that stimulates human brain without pushing excessive release of neurotransmitters , thus stabilises various metabolic functions in non aggressive way and makes people more holy..

Would you agree on that , personally ?

;)

I have no idea Agape, may be. Because everywhere in india people have Tulsi in front of their houses, in a pot above ground level, and they worship it in morning with copper jar full of water.

People use to take care of Tulsi so much, but they don't find it healthy, having sufficient growth. What I found is that, if you plant Tulsi just on ground it grows very well and also spreads everywhere. In my childhood I brought some plants and roped them in ground in my old house, and now we dont even need to rope it anywhere. Even they grow too much that we cut bunch of it, while there are people who buy costly Tulsi Mala use to be made out of thick bark of Tulsi plant.

In india people believe that scientifically it produces oxygen and therefore it should be in front of house. Before marriage season people first perform the marriage of Tulsi and then there are all marriages afterwards.

My grandmother and mother have planted some wild varieties of Tulsi that nobody worships but has strong odor and keeps mosquitos away and also have some medicinal properties. I don't that much about it but the common Tulsi can be use in cough and cold, by taking some drops of its juice by crushing some leafs on hands or can be taken with honey.

But I also found out that people here don't know if Basil can be use in Kitchen as a taste ingredient. While in Italy people use two types of basil in their tomato souse to make it spicy. So I told mother to use Tulsi leafs for preparation of food related to tomato, and then their taste incredibly enhanced.

northstar
16th June 2013, 10:32

Would you mind sharing that recipe for your chocolate pudding northstar? -lb

Vegan Chia Chocolate pudding (vegan and uncooked)

1/3 cup chia seeds
2 cups water

Mix the chia seeds into the water and let it sit for at least a half hour until the seeds soften and expand into a gel.

1 banana
5 - 6 soft, fresh dates (dried dates should be softened them ahead of time but fresh dates are already soft)
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

Blend the ingredients until smooth and the consistency of pudding. It will retain the lumpy chia seed texture. I usually refrigerate it in a covered container to chill it.

This keeps well in the fridge for a few days.

Agape
16th June 2013, 14:53
I have no idea Agape, may be. Because everywhere in india people have Tulsi in front of their houses, in a pot above ground level, and they worship it in morning with copper jar full of water.

People use to take care of Tulsi so much, but they don't find it healthy, having sufficient growth. What I found is that, if you plant Tulsi just on ground it grows very well and also spreads everywhere. In my childhood I brought some plants and roped them in ground in my old house, and now we dont even need to rope it anywhere. Even they grow too much that we cut bunch of it, while there are people who buy costly Tulsi Mala use to be made out of thick bark of Tulsi plant.

In india people believe that scientifically it produces oxygen and therefore it should be in front of house. Before marriage season people first perform the marriage of Tulsi and then there are all marriages afterwards.

My grandmother and mother have planted some wild varieties of Tulsi that nobody worships but has strong odor and keeps mosquitos away and also have some medicinal properties. I don't that much about it but the common Tulsi can be use in cough and cold, by taking some drops of its juice by crushing some leafs on hands or can be taken with honey.

But I also found out that people here don't know if Basil can be use in Kitchen as a taste ingredient. While in Italy people use two types of basil in their tomato souse to make it spicy. So I told mother to use Tulsi leafs for preparation of food related to tomato, and then their taste incredibly enhanced.

Thank you for explanation Kanishk, yes I know Tulsi and had it in cough syrup and tea among else,

eventhough I'm more familiar with the use of those tiny leafs as sacred ingredients in water jars, in temples and various other forms of blessings .

Its curative effects maybe enormous , who knows .

Thanks for the information from your mum, I would likewise hesitate whether chopping Tulsi with tomatoes is alright . The taste I remember is sweet and aromatic,
more likely fitting to some sweet dishes .

:pray:

Flash
17th June 2013, 00:27
don't know ... maybe can find on the thai website ... they sell them in the supermarket .. and also sell them made in hot soy milk

jim

I ate them when I was pregnant because pregnant women often have constipation and I wanted natural relief. It really worked, with a bit of honey. I did not know they have all the amino acids, just better.

In Canada, the growing season is about 21/2 month, so whatever we have has to grow fast and be able to be preserved for a long time.

In catastrophy, it is really deers and bears and wild animals that could be the best source of food, as long as you can hunt.