PDA

View Full Version : Functioning of consciousness and experience.

jounai
26th June 2013, 09:41
Hello everyone. Since I'm a new member and General discussion is the only place I can post a new thread it is here this one ends up. If any moderators or Bills figure this post should be somewhere else you are very free to put it where it belong.

For some time now I have felt an urge to post something reflecting my current perspective of reality and consciousness. This is something I at times do and I believe it is a good way to get what I now see on paper, so to speak, and share it with others at the same time. I'm one of those guys that basically surrender everything in the energy to find out what really is true for us as consciousness and what is unreal and just toys we humans have invented. This pure intention of giving everything up in the way of beliefs and definitions we humans are so used to engaging has created a waking up process which has been extremely intense and fast. I'm one of those that does something with my whole heart or not at all.

So, that was an quick introduction which might be a good idea since this is my first post here. There is of course more details to go into but it doesn't seem relevant for this thread's intention so I leave that out. If there is anything you wonder about who I am you are very free to ask. There is a great deal of joy in sharing my experience with other beings which is basically what I'm doing here and now. Now I would like to go into the topic which is "Functioning of consciousness and experience". This topic you can really write books about as it is such an broad subject with many different ways to define it and express it. But I will do my best to give you an general description of what these terms means. Please understand that this is only one way of infinite many ways to look on this. There is always more to it than words can describe. :)

First off I will give you a couple of definitions or beliefs perhaps that kinda build the foundation to the realization of this reality of what we are. We are an infinite, immortal spiritual being which always has existed and always will exist. I will just call this "consciousness" but of course there is more to our being then just one word. We all are in our core, in our essence pure consciousness. It is from the energy of this pure consciousness that we create different experiences, like the experience of being human. This expression of our energy can be done in an infinite number of ways in many different dimensions, frequency domains, universes etc. It just goes on and on and that is the reality of our being. When you apply the concept of us all being pure consciousness, immortal in our essence, to everything in this reality you will experience what being a human being means in a completely new way. And by applying I don't mean "to think" about being a pure consciousness. No, it is more that you are living that reality. You face everything in your own being, be it beliefs, definitions or anything else, and bring all your unconscious mind into conscious recognition in the spirit that you are an immortal consciousness. When you do this all definitions which is not true to what you are will fall away. Nothing untrue can live in the light of your consciousness. The false will only survive in the dark of unconsciousness.

So, that was basically a quick description of what consciousness is which basically in itself is an untrue statement. How can you describe consciousness with something that happens within consciousness? You can't. Well, you can get a feeling of what consciousness is but you cannot describe it. It is everything and nothing at once so there is no quality that really is defining of what it is. It is however true that when you are in direct realization of what you are there is unconditional love and joy present. But you will see that even this love and joy is something you are aware of and hence not a property of you; just an experience of what you are. And since experience happens within consciousness it cannot really define what consciousness is. It is the other way around; consciousness defines experience. This is where the power of consciousness comes in. When you as consciousness defines something as true that is what experience will reflect. If you define love and joy to be true that is what experience will show you. If you show that fear and hate is true then that is what experience will show you. This is the nature of your power. What you says goes. It isn't about shooting fireballs out of your hands (:( ) but it is about defining what reality is for you.

The tricky part with actually applying this to your experience of reality is that if you have an negative based belief and definition system of what reality here on Earth is. The beliefs themselves will say "I don't want to change that" or "I don't want to look on that". It is however crucial to bring unconscious mind into conscious recognition and this can be accompanied by feelings of pain or hurt since the negative energy often has lots of "tag-alongs". Okay, so here comes another definition or belief that might be helpful using this post; "All expressions of energy (emotions, thoughts) started as energy of joy and love". This is actually true even for the feeling and thought of hate and fear. What fear basically is is an derivation of the energy of love and joy filtered through definitions and beliefs of what reality is. Everything is joy, everything is love, everything is God. But how you experience this pure energy is completely and unconditionally up to you. Everything goes and this is the beauty and gift of creation. Everyone has the capacity to experience themselves as angels and everyone has the capacity to experience themselves as demons. Now, there are even demons that experience themselves much like angels and angels that experience themselves much like demons but this is a separate topic that I might post something about downwind in time (yeah, I have lots of fun). :)

Now it feels like we are closing in on the end of this post. Yeah, enough already...I know...I know. :yell:
I hope you people that read this far liked reading this post as much (or more?) as I enjoyed writing it. Just so you all know; this is my perspective of how reality and experience of reality works and is by no means meant to convince anyone, invalidate anyone else's experience or anything in the way. This is my way just as your way is your way. At most you can find something you like in this energy and apply it in your own experience but that is completely up to you and non of my business. :)

And with that I wish you all a great deal of joy and love. May you experience yourself in the way you desires most. :o

music
26th June 2013, 11:03
Thank you jounai, I enjoyed reading that. Welcome to Avalon :)

sirdipswitch
26th June 2013, 13:49
Hello and welcome to PA, jounai. Very heavy, enjoyed reading. You have come to the right place, for Avalon is full of Deep Thinkers.

ccc. (chuckle chuckle chuckle ):wizard:

jounai
26th June 2013, 19:48
Hehe, thank you. :) Funny that you say "deep thinker" considering that what I wrote is something that is very much on the surface. I don't really reason my way into these kinds of posts but let the words, sentences and in which order to write everything to just come to me. I live very much in the Now and I don't know what the next sentence will look like. It kinda is like automatic writing or something alike though what I write is all me. I don't connect to any specific consciousness or energy but allow what is needed to just be here. :) Here and Now is where all the information, perspectives and timelines are available to you. Bet many of you here on Avalon have heard the concept "There is no time, there is only the Now" and "There is no here and there, there is only Here" or some variation of the two phrases. These two phrases describe my experience's reality quite well. Ain't I awesome? Yeah, no arrogance involved. :rolleyes:

Much love and joy to you all...topped with lots of evil smiles. ;)

Bob
26th June 2013, 20:57
Hehe, thank you. :) Funny that you say "deep thinker" considering that what I wrote is something that is very much on the surface. I don't really reason my way into these kinds of posts but let the words, sentences and in which order to write everything to just come to me. I live very much in the Now

"There is no time, there is only the Now" and "There is no here and there, there is only Here"

or some variation of the two phrases.

Bravo and BonJour, spot on and well done !

Bobd

jounai
29th June 2013, 10:34
So, I thought I would add another concept to this mix of concept we have considered so far in this thread. :) This time I will write about the meaning of "There is no past, no future; there is only the Now" and "There is no distance there is only Here". These two phrases, in this form or in any variation, is often considered important in Self discovery and awakening of consciousness. I will explain why this is so and what it means in different aspects so that so many can understand what I mean as possible.

I will start with the Now thingy. Many humans living life on Earth live in a time based structure where there is a past (that which have been but is not here anymore), the present (that which is here this moment) and the future (that which has yet to come). The funny thing that even as you are deep into this type of experience you are still only experiencing in the Now. When you think about the past you do so in the Now. When you see the present you see it in the Now. When you consider the future you do so in the Now. With other words even as you experience yourself linking to some reality of a past experience or a future experience you do so in the Now. Do you see that this means everything that we consider to be in the past and everything we consider to be in the future also has to be in the Now?`If they weren't in the now we couldn't connect with them in the Now and hence we would not be able to have a time-based experience. I wonder how many that says "this guy is completely :tinfoil3: " Now. :)
Do you now know the reason why spiritual awakening people often considers the Now to be so important? Well, if everything is in the Now (past, present, future) then the solution to all our ego-oriented problems also have to be in the Now. The solution is actually an reality in itself that can be given attention to only from the Now. The solution to the human condition is just a shift of attention, a shift of energy, a shift of reality into another one. The solution to the problem is never found in the domain of the problem, energy-wise, but in a different way to be. It really is the being's insistence that the problem exist that creates the problem in the reflection of physical reality. :) For this new way to be to have any room to be experienced the old way to be has to be surrendered and let go of. So, the question is always; what are you willing to be? :)

Okay, enough of the Now aspect. Now (:smash:) I'll write about the meaning of the Here aspect of reality. First have you noticed how when you travel from one location to another location you experience both locations in the Here? You cannot really experience anything in the "there" now can you? You begin at location A and you say "hey, I need to travel to location B that is over there". Then you start moving by whatever means are relevant (walking, biking, car, airplane etc) towards location B. Do you realize however that every increment closer you get to location B is also experienced Here? And when you finally reach location B you will see location A as "over there" and location B as the new Here. Do you understand what this imply? The only thing that shifted, or changed, was the reality around you while your focus on the "screen of reality" remained Here and Now. This means you stayed still while the reality around you shifted to different versions reflecting that you changed location little by little. Your energy frequency just shifted location which was reflected by reality as moving from location A to location B. Do you follow or do I earn another :tinfoil3: ? :p

Haha, okay I think this is enough for now. Thank you for reading this (and thank you for all hats) and I hope you enjoyed it as much I enjoyed writing it. Reflection to the reflections. :cool:

Much love, light and spicy hot yellow candy joy to you.

jounai
1st July 2013, 11:54
So, I thought I would make another reply here and write about another idea that is relevant for the topic of this thread. This time I'll share my understanding of consciousness and energy and how that is represented in physical reality. First of I will state an idea with the shape "everything in physical reality is a reflection or consequence of an energy pattern". This means that the physical reality in itself is not really a consequence of itself but it is only an picture of what the energy currently is all about. So, if you have 1 human being and 1 straw of grass the only difference between these two is the pattern in the energy field that is represented differently in physical reality. The same thing is true when it comes to location. If you have a rock in one location and then move that rock over to somewhere else it is not that you have moved the rock really; it is more accurate to say that the rock at the new location is a completely different rock. This is because part of the rock's energy signature is a location variable of sorts which tells where in the reality the rock will appear. This is how many more advanced ET civilizations travel with their spacecraft (or travel just by themselves). Say if they have a spacecraft at a location A and they want to travel to a location B somewhere else, be it a centimeter away or an galaxy away, they impose the location vibration of location B onto the craft that exist in location A. This is done in a way so that the craft just start existing in location B and stop existing in location A. There is no travel in-between the two locations and no need for any time lag. Hope this makes sense. :)

The idea of this thread can also be used to "create" energy on our planet for our technology and whatnot. You have a suitable (many ETs use crystals) storage material and then with your own, or many beings, consciousness you shift the empty energy storage thingy into a full energy storage thingy. And then it is ready for use. :) Easy, huh? ^^ There will probably be some steppingstones before we as a society start using this type of technology but it is likely that we will end up using it as time progresses and our frequency increases.

I think it also is relevant in this reply to mention something about technology reflection. It is very accurate many times to consider the state of the technology as a reflection of what the general frequency domain of the energy the civilization is experiencing. Take our civilization for example; we use fossil fuels and other kinds of energy sources that reflect the idea that there is not infinite, and enough for everyone, amount of energy to be tapped into. If we consider nuclear power it might be reflective of the idea that power is potentially highly destructive. It just goes on and on and there is no coincidences in consciousness. When humanity realize itself to be eternal spirit where everything is freely given and freely shared in love and joy the reality of technology will reflect this. This is when the idea of energy I talked about earlier, the kind that you just create for yourself with your mind, will be possible. ;)

I think I expressed the intention with this post now and I will finish here. Hope you enjoyed my sharing of the energy that I am. :)
Much love and joy to you all.

ulli
1st July 2013, 14:07
I'm totally in agreement with your musings. I started a thread (Here and Now, What's Happening...?")
in 2011, and which grew and grew...to mine and everyone else's surprise.
And even though I knew that the principle behind the power of the here and now is no joke...
I was nevertheless astounded at how much energy a small Internet community could generate...
even though none of the members (We called ourselves 'Villagers') had ever met in real life.
Many healing events occurred over the last two years.

And every time I think it's over, and fizzling out, someone sends a tiny bit of intent and it's right there again.
So the ultimate aim is to get all of humanity to realize that it is one community,
and to help integrate the diverse members...
without ever demanding any kind of uniformity; especially forced uniformity has to be a nono...as that would be like asking a human body to function just with one kind of cell, like a nerve cell, or the kind of cell that one finds in a toe nail.

So each one needs to nurture within themselves an attitude of tolerance towards others,
and just look at their contribution to the whole, then this infinite amount of energy can be accessed, or generated....
not quite sure which is the better term...

jounai
1st July 2013, 14:30
How fun that you agree with my reality. :) Then perhaps it is so that we have chosen a similar frequency domain of experience! :o
This experience of physical reality we are having at the moment as the human race is very much about diversity. So, it is not that the individual pieces of the whole is to be forced into being something they are not. No, it is about every piece being as fully itself as it can so that it fits in the picture of the whole. Without all the pieces the whole is not whole and if you force your piece to be something it really is not meant to be it wont fit in the whole picture and there will be a great deal of friction. When humanity as a whole value every piece it consist of; humanity as a race will realize that when they are fully themselves and as a whole are the piece of the entire creation they were created to be we will fit perfectly into the rest of creation. :) Haha, yeah strange sentence there....but hey this post is about valuing all the pieces of the whole....so I guess that a bit strange sentence as well has its place. :jaw:

Youniverse
1st July 2013, 17:18
Welcome jounai! Yes your brief summary on consciousness and the nature of reality makes sense to me. Have you read any Eckhart Tolle or Conversations With God? Just asking because what you said in your OP fit well with those teachings, and also many others like A Course on Miracles, I'm sure. It was quite appropriate for you to point out the inadequacy of words/language in expressing deeper truths, as words can only at best be a pointer at the truth, not a description of it. However, pointers can be helpful in the awakening process. Have you ever heard the following analogy of consciousness and human experience? What we call our life is like a movie. We of course watch the movie and are an 'actor'(maybe more like an icon) in it. However, the actor that we think we are is not who we really are. We are the projector that makes the movie possible. So the projector is really consciousness itself. The movie film is the content of our life. Furthermore, like the projector, who we really are is always still. We view the film frame by frame as a conscious entity, a light striking the film, giving the appearance of a moving picture. While we watch the movie, as the projector, we are also deciding what it means to us. Time and space are merely tools used to create the movie, as who we really are is timeless and formless, requiring no space. Every other person is really the same projector with different content, a different movie playing, and so different meanings are derived from it. I could continue on here but I'm sure you get the jist of what I'm saying by now.

jounai
1st July 2013, 19:28
Welcome jounai! Yes your brief summary on consciousness and the nature of reality makes sense to me. Have you read any Eckhart Tolle or Conversations With God? Just asking because what you said in your OP fit well with those teachings, and also many others like A Course on Miracles, I'm sure. It was quite appropriate for you to point out the inadequacy of words/language in expressing deeper truths, as words can only at best be a pointer at the truth, not a description of it. However, pointers can be helpful in the awakening process. Have you ever heard the following analogy of consciousness and human experience? What we call our life is like a movie. We of course watch the movie and are an 'actor'(maybe more like an icon) in it. However, the actor that we think we are is not who we really are. We are the projector that makes the movie possible. So the projector is really consciousness itself. The movie film is the content of our life. Furthermore, like the projector, who we really are is always still. We view the film frame by frame as a conscious entity, a light striking the film, giving the appearance of a moving picture. While we watch the movie, as the projector, we are also deciding what it means to us. Time and space are merely tools used to create the movie, as who we really are is timeless and formless, requiring no space. Every other person is really the same projector with different content, a different movie playing, and so different meanings are derived from it. I could continue on here but I'm sure you get the jist of what I'm saying by now.
No, I haven't read anything by Eckhart Tolle but I did watch a youtube video or two with him talking about stuff. I didn't find his style my cup of tea and I resonated better with Mooji who also express truth of consciousness in a very pure way. Both dudes seem to have an accurate perspective of what we really are so what you find best for you is best for you. :)
Hehe, I see you have started, or been doing, some contemplation and inspection into your own nature. :) It is very accurate to say that what we experience here on Earth is much like a movie; but it is a movie that is designed by the divine. This basically means that there is much much more to it than what we generally think of when we say "movie". We as the divine, the Self, the One consciousness experience our Self in many different forms of frequency, dimensions and energy. "We are all One" has a more direct meaning to it than people generally give it since it basically means we are the One. Everyone is basically the One (God, Self, Consciousness) experiencing itself from many different point of views. This personality structure, all the senses, all the energy, all the love, all the joy, all the hate, all the fear is happening on the screen of consciousness which you as consciousness experience yourself through. What we experience called time and distance and locations and such things are just a though structure which allows the experience of time to happen. But the thing is that it is just an experience of time since the idea of time is completely illusory just as space, distance and location is. Only Now and Here exist and this is something that will never change. We can however experience different point of views of the Now and of the Here but at the core it will always be the same. Change always happens within sameness. :)

jounai
9th July 2013, 11:34
Long time no posting here. :) I believe I have covered a great deal in my posts so far but as always there is always more to write about. And always more perspective on the matter to be explored. This time however I will consider the ideas of the different dimensions that are very close to the physical one. Our bodies has representations in these dimensions as well and it is in fact part of the physical experience to have these different dimensional aspects of the body. If these lighter bodies didn't exist the reality here in physicality would be dull indeed. Please hold in mind though that this description is a greatly simplified idea of how it really is. The dimensions really aren't separate in the way we think and they are blending into each other in different ways to allow for different types of experiences. Everything is a mix of everything, so to speak. :)
So, we have the physical reality in which most of us living on Earth are mainly focused on. The closest to this can be described as "astral dimension" in which the astral aspect of the physical body resides. And above that, vibration wise, we have the mental sphere/dimension where the mental body resides. I will only consider these two types of dimensions for now (there are of course more) since they are most relevant for our experience in physicality. With relevance I mean that they are the closest in vibration to the physical and going beyond these two will lead to difficulty to express in words alone what is going on.
Many higher dimensional beings have an physical experience that is very close in vibration to what we experience as the astral dimension and it is in this dimension they are having most of their fun when hanging out assisting Earth and such things. When traveling with the astral body you experience much like you do when you are in the physical body focus. Feelings, thoughts will be there. The difference is that the astral realm is far more flexible when it comes to your effect on what you see. If you go into the astral with a fear based focus this fear will be reflected and if you go with a joy and love focus this will be reflected. This is one reason why it is important to gain an stability in oneself regarding fear, emotions and thoughts before venturing into these realms. Everything is more directly and intensively reflected back at you so I highly suggest raising vibrations before attempting to experience this dimension.
The mental dimension works much like the astral with the difference that there really is no emotion in that body's makeup. Only thought based. It can happen however that you travel with your mental body and when you experience something in that realm it feels so much in the astral, that is still with your physical body, that you will find yourself back in the physical body. This allows you the opportunity to work through what is keeping you from continuing your travels and hence increasing your vibration allowing you to do more, more freely.
The great benefit with being able to travel astrally or mentally is that the limitations of the physical body is not present. You can actually travel anywhere you want into whatever dimension or time that you wish to explore. You can extend the astral and mental body to handle an entire universe worth of information and you can travel down into the deep unknown of space in different galaxies or even universes. There really is no end to the possibilities. :)

I think I will stop here. Synchronicity made it so that I ran out of time to write right now which basically means enough for now. :)
Hope you enjoyed reading this and stay tuned for more of jounai's crazy adventures. :heh:

soleil
9th July 2013, 20:45
im surprised not too many people are joining in here. as far as breaking things down to very easy to understand words for those who dont understand and there is also depth within the simplicity of it all, for those that do, understand.

because you havent really learned this from reading anything is why i am interested in reading what you have to say and share.

jounai
9th July 2013, 21:02
im surprised not too many people are joining in here. as far as breaking things down to very easy to understand words for those who dont understand and there is also depth within the simplicity of it all, for those that do, understand.

because you havent really learned this from reading anything is why i am interested in reading what you have to say and share.
Hehe, well it is as it is. :) People make their own choices in which energy to engage in. It might be that many are just not interested in this type of reality I'm sharing here and now in this form. And that is alright for myself because if it wasn't alright for them to choose what they prefer then why would it be okay for me to choose what I prefer? ;)
Once upon time I also read books and from those gained insight into new possibilities that I before reading them didn't know about. Books have their place when it comes to sharing ideas but there are more direct ways to do so. When it is time the books will stop being important and the inner guidance will gain more and more trust and attention. Then one will find that the guidance within is one's true core energy that is talking with the idea we have of ourselves. And at last the only thing remaining will be the energy that only speak of what we are will be here. :cool: