PDA

View Full Version : Voiceover Services

Holly Lindin
30th June 2013, 23:10
Hey, y'all!

I figured I'd start this thread because I know many here on Avalon have many different special talents, and I reckon we should all lend a helping hand to one another. Something I'm an expert at is arranging music, singing, writing, etc., and I would love to offer my services to anybody, if you're interested, for voiceover work (for documentaries or machinimas or music demos, etc. - wherever you'd need a singer or a speaker! :)). Payment is not a requirement (although it's always nice to reimburse, IF possible.) - I'm more interested in helping other Avalonians bring their projects and creative dreams to fruition.

I've been a professional musician for over 21 years now. I've worked with lots of "big" names in the music industry (I worked in L.A. for over seven years.) as well as some "not-so-big" names (and I PREFER the "not-so-big" names :D). If you'd like to hear some music, please head on over to my solo Soundcloud (http://soundcloud.com/hollylindin) and my duo Ophir's Soundcloud (http://soundcloud.com/ophir_beingsound). And if you'd like to hear my speaking voice, please head on over to http://www.youtube.com/earthcreated! I've also done my share of acting over the years, and this is one example of a machinima ("Halo".) that I did voiceover work for a few months ago (I'm the only woman voice in this video). I appear at around 5.00, 8.00, and 18.00. :) lqp08WG3UsU

I realize there are lots of Avalonians who may be doing things creatively in order to bring about awareness of both what's going on behind the proverbial curtain and the incredible Divine Power that we all hold and are made of - and I would love to be more of a part of that! :D

I hope everybody is having a fabulous day, and I send nothin' but Love! Mods, I have NO CLUE :) where this thread should go, so just shove 'er anywhere you deem necessary. :)

Appreciation to everybody!

- Holly Lindin.

shadowstalker
30th June 2013, 23:16
You did machinima, i have to catch that ep. i have to tell my son-in-law he loves Halo.
I may consider you for the project I am working on, you know the one I speak of.

Holly Lindin
30th June 2013, 23:18
You did machinima, i have to catch that ep. i have to tell my son-in-law he loves Halo.
I may consider you for the project I am working on, you know the one I speak of.

Yes, ma'am, I do! ;) I would love to help you out. If you want accents, I'm good at that, too. :P

I don't appear much in the episode - just for a minute or so during each part I listed - but there are plans in the far future to have more episodes done up, so I'll be a part of that as well. :)

shadowstalker
30th June 2013, 23:29
well basically what I am looking for is a soft neutral voice (to which i know you have) because I want to make the video non fear based but factual, you know how i am here on the forum (for the most part anyway) I know you can do it , i just need to get mu sorry butt back in gear.

Holly Lindin
30th June 2013, 23:40
well basically what I am looking for is a soft neutral voice (to which i know you have) because I want to make the video non fear based but factual, you know how i am here on the forum (for the most part anyway) I know you can do it , i just need to get mu sorry butt back in gear.

I got your back, baby! :) Whenever you get it all hashed out, just send a script my way, and I'll do 'er up for ya'. :) <3

shadowstalker
30th June 2013, 23:41
Your beautiful sis
I know there are a few who probably would not mind you help, we got a lot of docu folks here. we really need to do a skype thing soon

P.S. Link-up the halo vid for us, i cant find it.

Holly Lindin
1st July 2013, 00:36
Your beautiful sis
I know there are a few who probably would not mind you help, we got a lot of docu folks here. we really need to do a skype thing soon

P.S. Link-up the halo vid for us, i cant find it.

*Ha ha ha!* Sorry about that. I was so focused on looking through the video to find where my parts were that I totally forgot to link it! Ahhhh, forever the absentminded Pisces. :P

Actually, it was volunteering to help you, Jana, with the transcribing of your video that inspired the idea in me to "advertise" (so to speak. :P) myself. After all, if we're good at things - AND if one of our goals is to bring Unity and all positive things to Terra - shouldn't we offer to work together and create fabulousness?! :D

For what it's worth, I also do digital artwork (like the "Mandala of Discovery" in my new avatar picture.) and am working on a few projects right now (a "childrens'" book for my father about him, some paintings of my own, a comic I'm writing, etc.), so if anyone's ever interested in looking at my graphic stuff, I'm more than happy to oblige. It has the touch of cartoon to it, but it's a style all its own. :)

shadowstalker
1st July 2013, 00:41
Sure I have no problems working together with you, never did, we should all work together and have fun doing it, like one big happy family :cheer2::grouphug:

I LOVE UR MANDALA

Holly Lindin
1st July 2013, 00:46
Sure I have no problems working together with you, never did, we should all work together and have fun doing it, like one big happy family :cheer2::grouphug:

I LOVE UR MANDALA

Agreed! Thanks so much for your support (which is wonderfully typical of you! :D). And thank you! I've painted four mandalas in the last week; they're each interesting and different in their own way, and I'll probably make another one tonight, I'm so inspired by talking about creativity (which you may already know is something that is a HUGE deal to me). :)

shadowstalker
1st July 2013, 00:50
Holly you are one of the very few souls in my life that can make me cry happy tears

Holly Lindin
1st July 2013, 00:54
Holly you are one of the very few souls in my life that can make me cry happy tears

Shuddup! You're gonna make ME cry! ;) That's really sweet - thank you. It really means a lot to me.

Eventually, someone else will post on this thread besides us. *Ha ha ha!* You and I could go on for pages. :P <3

shadowstalker
1st July 2013, 01:02
true dat

BUMP

bennycog
1st July 2013, 01:18
Hey holly,
I would be interested in seeing your stuff.. one of my daughter's love's to draw manga. And makes her own stories up. She gets the creative side from me.. my younger is bent on abstract haha it is great..
Hey shadow I'm interested in your project too.

shadowstalker
1st July 2013, 01:29
Bennycog
My project is basically done, just need to slam the clips together and write up a script for Holly to narrate for me
The other project is a revision of a short book I wrote years ago called, "The Unseen And Other Universal Connections"
The only part that I was stumped on is a video transcript that Holly is doing, As I am very bad at those things.
But if you have any talents you wouldn't mind listing, I would prolly need your help as I always have something cranking in my head but cant get it done due to limited resources.

Holly Lindin
1st July 2013, 01:45
Hey holly,
I would be interested in seeing your stuff.. one of my daughter's love's to draw manga. And makes her own stories up. She gets the creative side from me.. my younger is bent on abstract haha it is great..
Hey shadow I'm interested in your project too.

Wow, that's wonderful, Benny! Thank you! I'll try to post a few here, as I am pretty clueless on how to post images here. :P But trying is the key - I'll get it eventually.

Yes, manga is amazing. I love the simplicity of it. I love very complicated, gorgeous masterpieces, but I also see the "masterpiece" aspect in the simplicity of things, too - like seeing the whole World in a grain of sand (as a good analogy). I love how simply expressive manga character faces are - is what I'm trying (not very well. :P) to say. :)

The picture I named "Shayna" is the first I painted after getting my Wacom Bamboo Create tablet this year (I LOVE THAT TABLET :D). I've gotten much better with the blending of colours when it comes to skin tones and eye detail (as Cecelié will show, I think.), but "Shayna" is the picture that shows you where I started off. :)

"The Ice Norn" is the second painting I've made. I was so beyond excited to not use "conventional" (on this planet, anyway. ;)) skin tone colours to create a character. :)

I'll post the three other mandalas I've done so far as well. If people ever want to use any of my art for something, please contact me and lemme know! As I've said above (and the point of this thread. :)), I'll be more than glad to be a part of some other fabulous Avalonian creations. :D As I've said on my online show (which has been on hiatus for quite some time - right, Jana? ;)), if we communicate and create, we can finally live on an "Earth Created" - instead of the somewhat-nightmare that exists now. (And even though our past selves created it, it's not consciously what any of us - except for the deliberately evil "elite" - WANTS. :D So we could REALLY create an Earth we can be "proud" of, for lack of a better word. :))

Bubu
1st July 2013, 02:43
Cool

That's a giant step to cooperation

I'm tired of competition many are

Holly Lindin
1st July 2013, 02:52
Cool

That's a giant step to cooperation

I'm tired of competition many are

That's what I'm sayin', Nature! :D <3

shadowstalker
1st July 2013, 03:02
The only competition that should be going on is with ones self.
How far can you take your own dreams
Can one truly reach the stars?
Yes because we are the stars.
How brightly can we shine.
That is up to all of us.

Holly Lindin
1st July 2013, 03:13
The only competition that should be going on is with ones self.
How far can you take your own dreams
Can one truly reach the stars?
Yes because we are the stars.
How brightly can we shine.
That is up to all of us.

That's hilarious, Jana, 'cause I was just saying that to my partner a week or so ago! That competition can only be considered "healthy", in my eyes, if we're competing with ourselves only (notice how I didn't say "competing AGAINST ourselves"? :)). After all, I know that the only way I will improve in any way is to recognise how I did it yesterday but to DO IT BETTER today! I find that I've improved leaps and bounds with my emotional issues and mental health in the last few years because I've applied that notion to my own Life: Of constantly challenging myself and working to get a little farther than yesterday.

By the way, I LOVE your signature. Fear really does hold us back from all of Life's wonders, doesn't it? <3

shadowstalker
1st July 2013, 03:16
Holly you are the second person to notice my signature today, I am grateful that folks are finally figuring out what it means.

meeradas
1st July 2013, 05:51
Soundcloud

following now (all of yours).

Mike Gorman
1st July 2013, 14:57
Hello Holly,
very interesting, I love the colour you use in your pictures-I do a lot of Web Building and online work, would you mind if i used one or two of your images, quite happy to pay a royalty?
I am a musician also, I am getting into building guitars lately, my own custom versions of some classic designs-hoping to do a lot more music work now I have retired from corporate I.T.
I know you do not like to 'name drop' but can you name any of the 'big names' you have worked with..just out of curiosity on my part (!) Anyway, like your positive presence, all the best to you.

Holly Lindin
1st July 2013, 16:41
Hello Holly,
very interesting, I love the colour you use in your pictures-I do a lot of Web Building and online work, would you mind if i used one or two of your images, quite happy to pay a royalty?
I am a musician also, I am getting into building guitars lately, my own custom versions of some classic designs-hoping to do a lot more music work now I have retired from corporate I.T.
I know you do not like to 'name drop' but can you name any of the 'big names' you have worked with..just out of curiosity on my part (!) Anyway, like your positive presence, all the best to you.

Oh, wow, GH, your reply was wonderful! Thanks so much for the support. I tried to put more pictures up yesterday, actually (hand-drawn/painted.), but I couldn't figure out how to add more than five pictures to the window where you manage your images. (So if anyone knows how to erase the images that are in the "Manage Attachments" window, that would be SO helpful. :)) I have a lot more images, of course, and if there was something specific you were looking for to use, I'd gladly paint it up for you. :)

Wow, you're building guitars? That's amazing! Do you have any completed? Would you be willing to put up some photos (or a website link.) in case somebody may be interested in buying from you? Or are you just building to enjoy?

When I worked in L.A. (the last time I was there was over seven years ago - I went from the ages of eighteen to 25.), my music at the time was in the vein of R&B, hip-hop, pop, etc. I've worked with such other writers ("big names".) as Nat Kipner (who founded and signed the Bee Gees to his label - I actually house-sat for him, too!), Dannii Minogue (sister of Kylie - I demoed a song she was co-writing.), Carl Graves (he was a singer in Oingo Boingo as well as David Foster's group Skylark - and he was actually my manager for seven years!), Guy Roche (writer with Christina Aguilera.), Michèle Vice-Maslin (writer for lots of TV shows and up-and-comers - she's very well-known in L.A. because she's probably the most tenacious writer out there. :P) . . . I've also done work in David Foster's studio (I recorded a song that went along with a certain kinda Bratz doll). David Foster has worked with Céline Dion over the years - he was the one who gave her her "big break", actually. I also worked with Stevie Wonder's new protegé at the time, Sebastian Mego (who is ridiculously talented.), and Chelsea Brummet (an actress/singer who was a regular on Nickelodeon's "All That" when she was a teenager, played the young version of Lorelai Gilmore on "Gilmore Girls", guest-starred on "What I Like About You", etc.).

In London, Ontario (I've been a professional musician since I was eleven, so I was working in the studio at that time in this area.), I worked with a few people who grew to a "bigger" name in status - like Stephan Moccio (music arranger now for Sarah Brightman and Céline Dion.) and Dan Brodbeck (who's done a lot of work with Dolores O'Riordan from the Cranberries, among many Canadian acts).

I also worked at Balmur Publishing (Anne Murray's writing company.) in Tennessee when I was sixteen, writing songs to be demoed for country artists. I worked with certain writers such as Kim Tribble (he's written for Randy Travis, Mindy McCready, and Martina McBride, to name a VERY small few - he's written for so many!), Cyril Rawson (Jessica Andrews, Reba McEntire.), and Richard Wold (Céline Dion, Paebo Bryson).

I also did some performances in Parramatta, Australia (outside Sydney.), when I lived in Vaucluse back in 2001. :)

And now, I'm working with a legless guy who played E.T. :P Seriously! My partner in Ophir, Matt DeMeritt, was born with no legs and got into show business when he was a pre-teen. He dressed up in the E.T. costume and filmed a few scenes for "E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial" (including the kitchen scene where E.T. is drunk.) while walking on his hands when he was around eleven years old! He was one of three or four who wore the E.T. costume throughout the movie. :)

Thank you, GalaxyHorse - all the best to you, too. :D

For what it's worth, too, I don't want this thread to be only about me, even though it started that way. :P I really think this could be a great thread for people to share their music, artwork, writing, inventions, builds, videos - all their creative endeavours, or perhaps even ideas they have FOR creative endeavours. I think it'd be a good idea for us all to network our work to a certain extent to others, as well as offering or asking for help.

Perhaps this thread title should be changed to something like "Let's Create Together!" or something to that effect. :D We ARE Creators, after all. ;)

And thank you SO much, Meeradas, for "following" my Soundclouds! Your support truly means a lot to me. <3

Holly Lindin
2nd July 2013, 15:36
Weird. When I try to add a sixth image to the "Home" part of the "Manage Attachments" window, it loads for about a minute, then it just stops loading and won't bring up the picture I'm trying to add. Therefore, I can't attach it. Does anyone know how to rectify this? <3

Holly Lindin
3rd July 2013, 15:56
*Bumpity-bump!* :)

Are there any comic creators here on Avalon? Graphic artists? Animators? I would love to see other people's work, and I'm sure others here would, too! :D

Here are some hand-drawn and coloured/painted pictures that I've done this year.

"Lovebirds" is something I sketched for my mom's last birthday, then I used watercolour, Prismacolor colouring pencils, and chalk pastel to kick up the colour a notch. (The black line that's there; lemme explain. :P I was doing my finishing touches on this picture, and I had only a week left until her birthday, and my very beloved bear kitty :) Louise jumped up on my lap. I was holding a black Prismacolor at the time. You can guess the rest. :P)

"Indira" is a watercolour that I accented with some Prismacolors and a bit o' chalk pastel. I had Googled at the time "beautiful woman" or something to that effect and found a big bulk of images on Pinterest. Only a few jumped out at me, and this brilliant and colourful beautiful Indian woman was one of them. So I decided to sketch and paint her. :)

And "Mateo Mantis" is just a Prismacolour mantis on a Watercolour background that I chose to sketch and colour for my Ophir duomate Matthew DeMeritt. :)

("Cecelié" is another digital painting, just to show that I've gotten a little better with blending since "Shayna" and "The Ice Norn". :D)

I hope everyone's having a great day! <3

Holly Lindin
3rd July 2013, 16:01
Speaking of animation, I'm no expert by any means, but here's the first Flash animation I ever did. This is the official video for the opening track "Prana" to my upcoming third solo album "Beacon". (Try saying THAT five times fast! :P) Enjoy! :D <3

_rAx421Su6o

Holly Lindin
3rd July 2013, 16:10
Oh! And because I was there, looking around at my "hollylindin" YouTube account, I noticed that I forgot to mention I also make jewellery. My sister and I started this company BerrySugar ("Berry" is me, and "Sugar" is her - Candy.) back in 2007. We're no longer together, but I still have loads of jewellery, small hand-stitched pillows, knits, etc. Here's a video I made showcasing our stuff (and showcasing an Ophir track that has not yet been officially released called "Beautiful Future" - I've used it a lot as an ending theme for my online show "Earth Created". :)) - Ndc0V8-XhU0

And that's all! I'm not gonna post anymore until other people post their stuff (here's hopin' :)). Off to the studio! :D <3

Holly Lindin
10th July 2013, 03:58
Speaking of other people's work, how's your documentary going, Jana? (I knew I said I wouldn't post. I couldn't resist. :P) <3

shadowstalker
14th July 2013, 06:54
Slow but sure as new things are popping up for me to use, Ya I know, I guess I am to much involved with my creativity in this one.

Holly Lindin
14th July 2013, 14:06
How can one possibly be "too much involved" in their creativity on a project?! :) I'm sure it's coming along fabulously. I can't wait to do a voiceover - that is, of course, if you still want/need me to. :)

If anyone's actually reading this thread (besides Jana and myself. :P), I'm gonna be moving to B.C. in ten months (which I am SO EXCITED about.), so anyone with projects along the lines of what services I'm advertising in that area, please keep me in mind!

I'm in the process now of doing voice work for another online machinima, which is much more emotive and creative than the other project I embedded above ("RED".) - an origin story of sorts. I'm so excited to get this finished, and I'll definitely share it here on this thread when it's up online! :D

shadowstalker
15th July 2013, 00:37
I was being facetious my dear sister... :kiss:
I have to calculate how many minutes I have so far cuz I want at least 45 minutes for the docu.
Don't worry Your on the top of the list on this one, twice over. :luv:

Holly Lindin
16th July 2013, 01:15
I was being facetious my dear sister... :kiss:
I have to calculate how many minutes I have so far cuz I want at least 45 minutes for the docu.
Don't worry Your on the top of the list on this one, twice over. :luv:

Awwww. You're so sweet, Jana. :hug: I can't wait to work on it for you! :D