PDA

View Full Version : Nano Robots

Bubu
2nd July 2013, 20:04
Recently we have witness a couple of thread that involves nanobots. It makes sense to me to first understand what really is a nanobot. Before we come to the discussion of its possible applications.

All my life I have work with machines. I have come up with a number of novel devices on my credit.. Suffice to say that I am probably one, if not the last one to believe in the impossible when it comes to machines. But these nanobots are somewhat difficult for my imagination to come to terms. According to a definition I have come along nanotechnology means the accuracy or tolerance of the internal working of a nano device is in the order of nanometer.

When I turn a metal shafting of an electric motor .8 meter long the tolerance will be in the order of micro, if we follow this ratio a nanobot will be at least the size of a drop of water to few centimeters. On the other hand if nanobot is the size of nanometer then the accuracy of its internal working should be two more steps smaller than pico. We still have to find a name for that.

As far as I know the word nanobot has been around for decades but I am yet to hear a real life application of which. So is this another con to add up to the scare/confusion game. I am sure we will be better of looking into the working of this machine, if ever it exist, before discussing its possible applications.
Well anyway I am not an internet guy. This is one of the rare opportunities where I have the liberty of it. And probably won’t last longer than a couple of weeks more. So maybe I have missed some info that you guys have come upon.

Hi there I wrote this few hours back around 3 am here so kind of not yet fully awake and now that I am I notice an erroneous mistake I made in the calculations so I'd like to make corrections. Please disregard the third paragraph and replace with the following:

When I turn a metal shafting of an electric motor 1 meter long the tolerance will be in the order of micro, if we follow this ratio a nanobot will be approx. 1 millimeter in size. that would be big enough to be seen by the naked eye.

nomadguy
3rd July 2013, 06:01
A small note:
If I were a scientist who wanted to build unimaginably small machines, I might also come to the idea that these tiny robots would be difficult to work on, if not impossible.
So then, wouldn't it makes sense to create nano machines that self-organize?
In this way the nanobots would be more like synthetic organism-robots.

And perhaps they could be worked on in a general sense, lets say -by a field of energy... Or sound.
Perhaps by a type of resonance. So then any nano-machines within the resonance field would be effected.
Then through the use of specialized computers I could generate a complex and useful resonance matrix. Maybe I might call it a program...
food for thought ~ :frog:

7Seven
3rd July 2013, 08:04
The application of nano/micro/pico machines is limitless. Man-made mechanical white blood cells to fight disease n virus, Military applications, Clean and convert chemical contaminated areas and endless more.

The construction of the little guys is complicated, The best model is the Cell model. Were the first one is built by using a this quantum machine thing i cant remember its name but you get a base of silicon and using this tiny super strong hypodermic needle in this pressurizer thingy . Then inject required elements and cover with atoms of silicon/other metalloids. Til desired shape, density, electron balance and functionality has been achieved, abit of finalization protocols then Q. entangle with a computer with enough memory and processing capacity. With a set template, then when the machine gets within range of necessary elements for duplication it absorbs them till x amount is reached then the template causes it split into 2 nanomachines that are still bonded with the computer at a slightly different frequency. This machine is multipurpose it changes to whoever is using the computer controls the machine. You can change the makeup of the overall machines or just individual machines or groups for different tasks. have group a as it moves eats rubbish and turns molecules back to their base elemental crystalline structure then group b to use the result to build necessary products. With set templates you could have the same amount machines do so many things so quickly, But its too easy to hack, If the code is misinterpreted or just a random/human/accident error can do an awful lot of damage. Imagine if they were told to collect some of the carbon dioxide in the air, But the program was written wrong and it said collect all the carbon in the air. Well technically all lifeforms on land and sky are in air. So their is a chance they would just devour all the trees, all the life and just leave earth covered in diamonds and the ocean, But that would have to be very bad code writing but it could happen. I would make some but i was told that it doesnt matter how much research data you have, if you dont have a degree or a license to do so, Your not allowed to mess with things your not allowed to know. But one day my whole house and almost everything i own with be all nano and micro machines symbiotically connected to my mind.

Bubu
3rd July 2013, 21:54
A small note:
If I were a scientist who wanted to build unimaginably small machines, I might also come to the idea that these tiny robots would be difficult to work on, if not impossible.
So then, wouldn't it makes sense to create nano machines that self-organize?
In this way the nanobots would be more like synthetic organism-robots.

And perhaps they could be worked on in a general sense, lets say -by a field of energy... Or sound.
Perhaps by a type of resonance. So then any nano-machines within the resonance field would be effected.
Then through the use of specialized computers I could generate a complex and useful resonance matrix. Maybe I might call it a program...
food for thought ~ :frog:

Good thought, this is something worth my imagination to work through.

Bubu
3rd July 2013, 22:07
The application of nano/micro/pico machines is limitless. Man-made mechanical white blood cells to fight disease n virus, Military applications, Clean and convert chemical contaminated areas and endless more.

The construction of the little guys is complicated, The best model is the Cell model. Were the first one is built by using a this quantum machine thing i cant remember its name but you get a base of silicon and using this tiny super strong hypodermic needle in this pressurizer thingy . Then inject required elements and cover with atoms of silicon/other metalloids. Til desired shape, density, electron balance and functionality has been achieved, abit of finalization protocols then Q. entangle with a computer with enough memory and processing capacity. With a set template, then when the machine gets within range of necessary elements for duplication it absorbs them till x amount is reached then the template causes it split into 2 nanomachines that are still bonded with the computer at a slightly different frequency. This machine is multipurpose it changes to whoever is using the computer controls the machine. You can change the makeup of the overall machines or just individual machines or groups for different tasks. have group a as it moves eats rubbish and turns molecules back to their base elemental crystalline structure then group b to use the result to build necessary products. With set templates you could have the same amount machines do so many things so quickly, But its too easy to hack, If the code is misinterpreted or just a random/human/accident error can do an awful lot of damage. Imagine if they were told to collect some of the carbon dioxide in the air, But the program was written wrong and it said collect all the carbon in the air. Well technically all lifeforms on land and sky are in air. So their is a chance they would just devour all the trees, all the life and just leave earth covered in diamonds and the ocean, But that would have to be very bad code writing but it could happen. I would make some but i was told that it doesnt matter how much research data you have, if you dont have a degree or a license to do so, Your not allowed to mess with things your not allowed to know. But one day my whole house and almost everything i own with be all nano and micro machines symbiotically connected to my mind.

This is an interesting field to work at, the ultimate machines, You're lucky you where in a place where you can get hold of all the resources you need, but of course what you need most is the resources under the hair, Well you seem to have it. Good luck to your project I hope they don't eat out your house.

Thanks for the info.