PDA

View Full Version : David Letterman Rants about Fracking to millions of viewers!

Earth Angel
3rd July 2013, 13:29
good to see him take this on ....as always with humour

XGEc8KBKO8I

GK76
3rd July 2013, 13:57
It's a shame his humour took the edge off the message and the idiotic audience are still none the wiser.

Earth Angel
3rd July 2013, 14:22
well we don't know if they are any wiser....he could have woke some people up who have never given fracking much thought.....better than saying nothing at all

It's a shame his humour took the edge off the message and the idiotic audience are still none the wiser.

ulli
3rd July 2013, 14:23

Well, the 'idiotic audience' as you call the viewers, may not be looking for wisdom.
There are 7 stages. First stage is personal and family physical survival, second stage is play and entertainment, then comes information, then knowledge, then understanding, then discernment, then wisdom.
My guess is that the majority of the viewers are at levels 1and two, a few at three and four, less still at five and none at 6 and seven unless they are over sixty and found all the answers and are curious to know what the others are watching.

GK76
3rd July 2013, 14:50

Well, the 'idiotic audience' as you call the viewers, may not be looking for wisdom.
There are 7 stages. First stage is personal and family physical survival, second stage is play and entertainment, then comes information, then knowledge, then understanding, then discernment, then wisdom.
My guess is that the majority of the viewers are at levels 1and two, a few at three and four, less still at five and none at 6 and seven unless they are over sixty and found all the answers and are curious to know what the others are watching.

Personally I'd rework that list to be:

Information
Discernment
Understanding
Knowledge
Wisdom

And yes you are right to pull me up on the 'idiotic audience' thing, it was out of line by the modern understanding of the word 'idiotic'. Sadly though those who would fit into the 'TV audience' demographic vastly outnumber those who are awakening and have the ability to drag this world into the tragic mess it is fast becoming because of their ignorance... so idiot by the true definition (an ignorant person) holds to be very true in this situation.

The TV system is hugely powerful in the wrong hands... and that's where it is. Do you honestly think Letterman isn't part of this control system? If he isn't then he's played them exceptionally well for an unknowing innocent. This show is just another outlet for the system to brainwash the ignorant and sadly they know all the tricks... this is another trick. David Letterman told us the planet is being destroyed, but he did it in such a funny way... he's such a nice man, more aspartame in your coffee anyone?

P.S. If you want to wake up the TV audience don't use a comedy show, it will just make the unsure inquisitive people feel stupid and push them further back into ignorance. His performance is more akin to satire.

ulli
3rd July 2013, 15:02

Information
Discernment
Understanding
Knowledge
Wisdom

And yes you are right to pull me up on the 'idiotic audience' thing, it was out of line by the modern understanding of the word 'idiotic'. Sadly though those who would fit into the 'TV audience' demographic vastly outnumber those who are awakening and have the ability to drag this world into the tragic mess it is fast becoming because of their ignorance... so idiot by the true definition (an ignorant person) holds to be very true in this situation.

The TV system is hugely powerful in the wrong hands... and that's where it is. Do you honestly think Letterman isn't part of this control system? If he isn't then he's played them exceptionally well for an unknowing innocent. This show is just another outlet for the system to brainwash the ignorant and sadly they know all the tricks... this is another trick. David Letterman told us the planet is being destroyed, but he did it in such a funny way... he's such a nice man, more aspartame in your coffee anyone?

Your point is taken. And also I agree on placing discernment earlier on on that list, but that is truer for people in large cities and first world countries than third word countries, where a lot of people swallow whatever traditions are handed to them without questioning.

But I would still say that understanding can only come after information and knowledge has been properly digested.
For which reflection is necessary, and could added to the list.
Wisdom is basically possibly only after learning to keep one's own mouth shut,
and handing out knowledge and understand when and where it is the right time to speak up.

GK76
3rd July 2013, 15:39

Information
Discernment
Understanding
Knowledge
Wisdom

But I would still say that understanding can only come after information and knowledge has been properly digested.
For which reflection is necessary, and could added to the list.
Wisdom is basically possibly only after learning to keep one's own mouth shut,
and handing out knowledge and understand when and where it is the right time to speak up.

Agreed, but until all have found wisdom and no longer need to speak out, we have to make sure those who do speak out are giving the right message in the right way. To have a TV network touch upon such a topic with such irreverence is vile. Then that message should certainly should not be spread further especially to a website where many have escaped the TV's clutches and are seeking honest information. Yes, I know it's not my place to question the relevance of such a video on this forum, but I needed to have my say.

Where you said "Wisdom is basically possibly only after learning to keep one's own mouth shut". We came to the world for this experience so we don't have to be in solitude, speaking out is the way (for now)... how about we fix this world before we try for such an extreme feat.

I'll step aside and let things be as I seem to be arguing small points now, I appreciate your views and am glad people like you have chosen to come here too. :)

P.S. Please do add 'reflection' to your list, it's a good idea to see the waves we cause.

ulli
3rd July 2013, 15:52
@GK76
I really don't wish to derail this thread, but must point out a misunderstanding. I never meant wisdom means silence.
Just knowing when to apply all the earlier stages, and learn to speak at the right time...when and where.
And not just in order to be safe from negative feedback, but to be effective in getting the right message out.

Many Avalonians are upset that they can't wake up friends and family, and this is their test, to get them to the wisdom level. This is what tests are for, to refine us.

I am quite vocal on this forum as you might have noticed.
But I also try (most of the time) to not say anything on the threads I have personal issues with. I could be wrong, but don't like to stir the negative side of things.

Toning down my propensity for interference, as an act of self-management.

Thanks for the dialogue, anyway. I appreciate your input just as much as you did mine.

Sidney
3rd July 2013, 15:58
why is the EFFIN audience laughing. Not a laughing matter. OMG, see the flouride works. HAHA funny, your poisoning me, tell me another funny......(sarcasm of course). God, i get so irate over these matters. These people think its funny. :boink::crazy::doh:

ulli
3rd July 2013, 16:16
why is the EFFIN audience laughing. Not a laughing matter. OMG, see the flouride works. HAHA funny, your poisoning me, tell me another funny......(sarcasm of course). God, i get so irate over these matters. These people think its funny. :boink::crazy::doh:

You know how many Brits survived POW camps, torture and all?
They used their humor. Took me a while to learn that this was their secret survival strategy.
It keeps the spirits high, in extreme situations, and a high spirit will get one out of those situations.

While Letterman was pointing out the details of the issue he could not even look at the camera,
only at the end when he spoke his opinion on it.
People's laughter was meant for him, not the fracking.
All publicity is good publicity.

BrianEn
3rd July 2013, 16:29
Dave Letterman is a late talk show host comedian. It may have been told in a humorous style but enough information was there to get some people thinking. Now if anyone wanted to know more all they would have to do is search fraking.

Sidney
3rd July 2013, 16:36

They used their humor. Took me a while to learn that this was their secret survival strategy.
It keeps the spirits high, in extreme situations, and a high spirit will get one out of those situations.

While Letterman was pointing out the details of the issue he could not even look at the camera,

Yeah I know it was all in humor. : D And, absolutely, all publicity is good.
I also have a new found respect for David Letterman, because that took some courage!!!!!

ulli
3rd July 2013, 17:21

Yeah I know it was all in humor. : D And, absolutely, all publicity is good.
I also have a new found respect for David Letterman, because that took some courage!!!!!

I got that courage thing too. Especially at the end when he straightened himself out, to look into the camera.
Body language is a good give-away. I doubt that he rehearses every move.
It comes natural to him. We must also consider that the people above him want to challenge those bastards, after all, their own home turf is being destroyed. There are white hats everywhere, or at least light grey.

Kryztian
3rd July 2013, 17:23
Just occurred to me who another beneficiary of fracking is: Nestle Corp. They are buying up the world's water supplies and if you want fresh inflammable drinking water, you're gonna have to buy it from them. They own many of the biggest water companies in the world including most of the brands we drink here in the USA. Of course, they don't own the biggest water in acquifer in Paraguay - that's the property of George Dubya Bush.

RunningDeer
3rd July 2013, 17:44
David Letterman uses satire to inform his audience. He's like George Carlin, Bill Hicks, Dennis Miller, Bill Maher, Jon Stewart, Kathy Griffin and Jay Leno.

Letterman's audience got the message loud and clear, and so have most, if not all, of the 210,496 viewers, since, July, 2012.

For the first 1:24 minutes of the 2:02 skit, people listened without much laughter and claps. Cheers and claps picked up after the most important message was delivered.

@1:17 Letterman hits the disclosure of all but 2% of what’s in the tap water is when you get ‘some’ chuckles. Otherwise, the audience is really listening.
@1:24 - Claps “Ladies and Gentlemen, we’re screwed.”
@ 1:36 - set up for the one two punch about tap water exploding from faucet
@ 1:47 - gaseous toilet water of another kind
@ 2:00 - Ending with, "So from now on...Vodka."

See “Comedic Genres (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comedic_genres)”

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii610/WhiteCrowBlackDeer/comedy_zpsfd635833.jpg

TargeT
3rd July 2013, 18:42
David Letterman uses satire to inform his audience. He's like George Carlin, Bill Hicks, Dennis Miller, Bill Maher, Jon Stewart, Kathy Griffin and Jay Leno.

Story telling used to be the most effective way to spread information, just because we have corrupted it into "entertainment" doesn't mean it's not still a powerful way to convey information.

Satire is a form of story telling, movies are too; these media are not to be discounted for their ability to convey information to audiences, that is WHY they have been chosen to condition us with, that is WHY there are 2+ TV's in every house hold blasting carefully contrived messages and themes into our conscious / subconscious.

excellent point Paula

Conaire
3rd July 2013, 18:53
Good man David. Men, and women, in his powerful position should use their platform to educate the half asleep masses more often. Yes, he is hired to entertain people not educate them but as it's said "with power comes responsibility". I would like to see more of this kind of thing from our 'entertainers'.
Pipe dream much?

sigma6
4th July 2013, 09:41
David is loaded enough and is old enough to make the sacrifice of being the next George Carlin if he wants, and if he did take that on consciously and intentionally, I would have the highest respect for him and start listening to him again. I do enjoy listening to him, but just never have the time because of other more important things (like keeping up on all the latest conspiracy research). This would certainly make him more relevant again. And if anyone could pull it off he could.

Carmody
4th July 2013, 13:25
A Friend had a conversation with one of the major components of the Simpson's franchise, the other day. These folks are not ignorant, or stupid. Nor evil.

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it!" - Upton Sinclair

This is the problem, in a nutshell.

They are starting to understand, as their paycheck is disappearing... the backdrop of their lives is fading fast.

Remain vocal. Lone voices tend to stay quiet, as they don't see any support.

Not rant, or fight, nor scream from the rooftops. do that if you feel you have to, sure. But it is the reasonable argument with no emotional inflection that gains support.

After all, no one can hear you if the communication is dripping with so much emotion that it looks like pure color, with no reason. Humour, satire, tends to be the closest we can get to that ideal.

read the works of people who deliver these difficult subjects with a clean simple tone. Jim Marrs, for example, can and does deliver the most difficult information, with no inflection. Much of what he writes about is infuriating to to the point that one wants to throw the book, scream, and smash through walls.

Emotional tirade shows like this "Bill" O'Reilly thing I've heard tell of, the extreme tirade of emotional inflection, that is designed for one thing. It is not to bring new minds to the table.

It is to hold onto the emotional enchantment of those who are already in thrall to that way of thinking. It is to keep them in line and mesmerized. The entire point of his show.

These people are not stupid. they know what they are doing.

And when he (O'rielly) is used up, a new face will be found that can hold them in thrall -again. like a person who keeps moving into the same failed marriage again and again, with what seems like the same persona gain and again -this is the game.

Presidents and governments are the same, as well.

Albert Einstein said, "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Which takes you to 'The Who' song, 'Won't get fooled Again',with the line: "Meet the new boss - same as the old boss."