PDA

View Full Version : Journey of Souls - Michael Newton Interview

markenty13
8th July 2013, 20:51
Hi all,

Just stumbled across this interview with Michael Newton. Found it very interesting as i am currently reading his book "journey of souls".

Michael Newton is a hypnotherapist who discovered that people under hypnosis can describe not only their past lives, but their life BETWEEN lives, in the spirit world, in incredible detail.
I highly recommend Journey of Souls and the sequel Destiny of Souls for a deeper understanding of the concepts presented in this interview.

Hope you all enjoy - have a good day - :)

NnCr4etOZLw

Earth Angel
8th July 2013, 21:18
I read his books back to back and immediately found a therapist trained in his methods......great books! Thanks for posting this interview

markenty13
8th July 2013, 21:20
Anytime Earth Angel :) i too would love to have a past life regression session, after i have read both of his books, i am going to start looking :)

grannyfranny100
8th July 2013, 23:43
Delightfully and clearly presented. Thanks for sharing.

Vitalux
9th July 2013, 03:30
thank you so much....a most interesting and thought provocative video.

Resonates well with this human being.

I'll definitely read the book as well....thanks again

EYES WIDE OPEN
9th July 2013, 08:50
I also recommend Ian Lawtons Big Book of the Soul if you liked Newtons books. Both are similar and great reads!

http://www.amazon.com/The-Big-Book-Soul-Spirituality/dp/0954917634

Also Wisdom of the Soul by Lawton is good as well.

Arak
9th July 2013, 08:59
Journey of Souls changed my perspective and explained so many things. I sincerely recommend these, resonates 100 times more than any holy book. If I would be able to read only two books ever, first would be Tolle's Power of Now and second would be Journey of Souls.

Maunagarjana
9th July 2013, 09:36
I found this "Journey of Souls" book at just the right time for me to actually appreciate it. If I would have read it years earlier than I did, I would have thought it was fodder for the gullible make-believers.

Even so, I was skeptical going into it, even though I already believed in reincarnation....or what the Buddhists would call rebirth. When I read it, my step-dad was dying of esophageal cancer in 2010. I had just read a book by Craig Hamilton Parker (a psychic) that was called "What To Do When You Are Dead: Better Living In The Afterlife", which I actually still like quite a lot.

Then I read a bunch of classic Spiritualist e-books, none of which really supported reincarnation, but I found a few real gems. Then I read a book by Victor Zammit (which you can find on his website for free: http://www.victorzammit.com/book.pdf ) Then I read "The Law of One" books, discovered Alex Collier's 1994 interview and his book "Defending Sacred Ground", read Journey of Souls and Destiny of Souls and then a book called "I Am The Word" by Paul Selig (which I still am not sure if that one is kosher, but I had some amazing experiences reading it.)

Oh yeah, and the whole time I was studying all this stuff, I was watching episodes of "Psychic Kids: Children of the Paranormal" on youtube whenever I wasn't reading, which is a fascination and an indulgence of mine. All of this over the course of a few months. Then my step-dad was nearing death, and I had the opportunity to share a lot of what I was learning with him before he did, which brought him great comfort and thankfully he went relatively peacefully in a way that was quite beautiful and inspiring. It was a strange period of my life. It changed completely how I look at "death". I feel like maybe I should have a bachelor's degreee in parapsychology just for those few months of reading I did. ;)

Fred Ryan
9th July 2013, 12:01
Great video! Thanks much for posting. I went to Michael Newton's website and found all sorts of useful information, including links to therapists from all over the world (see below).

http://www.newtoninstitute.org/search.php

soleil
10th July 2013, 17:50
thanks for sharing!!! listening to the video right now :)

DNA
10th July 2013, 23:26
I would love to hear some testimony from folks who have undergone the hypnosis technique he talks about.
It would help to seal the deal on my appreciation of his work.
I hate to say it but as good as the material is, I always have my suspicions in so far as what people will do for fame and money.

sdv
11th July 2013, 07:35
I would love to hear some testimony from folks who have undergone the hypnosis technique he talks about.
I hate to say it but as good as the material is, I always have my suspicions in so far as what people will do for fame and money.

I have participated in two weekend workshops to explore past lives through hypnosis. We did not look at time in the spirit world between lives. However, we did remember the death in that life. What I remember was that, for me, if the death was very traumatic, these beings of light came to fetch me and embraced me with unconditional love and caring. There were about four or five of them, and they were always the same beings. I couldn't really make out features as they radiated a lot of light. I think these beings are my soul group.

In one lifetime I had a very happy death. I lingered to comfort my daughter, who was with me when I died, and then reunited with my husband, which was very joyous.

I never recalled an experience of a tunnel.

Recalling past lives was very interesting in what I discovered about my soul journey through lifetimes. It was also interesting doing this in a small group (although I have done hypnosis as a single person). I remember that after one session the energy in the room was a bit disturbed, jarring. As we went round the room and shared, we realised that we had all recalled a past lifetime with our mothers in this lifetime, even though we had not been instructed to do so!

I would recommend that you prepare yourself for hypnosis by doing guided visualisations. You remain consciously aware during hypnosis but you need to let that conscious awareness become an observer. Meditation and guided visualisations are good practice for this.

In my individual hypnosis sessions I learnt that no one can make you do or remember what you do not want to (in fact, the therapist told me that strong-willed people with some skepticism are the best subjects as they are unlikely to make stuff up - the more suggestible you are, the more you are prone to hold blind beliefs fanatically and without questioning, the more likely you are to make stuff up when hypnotised, so you sound like a good subject for hypnosis and I suggest that you trust that and surrender to the experience). In the sessions I had, I always found myself in a place with water (a lake or a stream) and in every session, at some point, I would 'rebel' and go swimming, and the therapist could no longer work with me as I would not want to answer questions or explore further!

I hope you do the sessions and share them with us.

Bubu
11th July 2013, 07:35

Would like to here too. What are the benefits if there are any, aside from knowing fast life?

sdv
11th July 2013, 08:32

Would like to here too. What are the benefits if there are any, aside from knowing fast life?

Other than satisfying natural curiosity, for me a benefit of recalling past lifetimes was being able to understand bad choices I had made in my life and being able to forgive myself for them.

donk
16th July 2013, 21:54
:bump:

This was too good, check out the video in the OP if you have not already.

Thanks markenty!!

DeDukshyn
16th July 2013, 23:23
I read Journey of Souls -- an absolute must read for those wondering about life beyond and / or between lives. The anecdotes are incredibly detailed and fascinating!

OOO
17th July 2013, 01:27
I did a life between lives regression based on Newton's technique. The therapist was very good and trustworthy. I can honestly say that the experience was more of a meditative one than hypnotic. I was fully aware and in control of things in and out of my body.

This method will certainly offer guidance and insight. You will only get information that you need and can digest. My sister who is part of my soul group was denied entrance (or a glimpse) by her soul self....she was told it would be too easy and that she needs to discover this another way. So be prepared for anything and everything. It takes courage ... you never know what awaits.