PDA

View Full Version : Is USA a better place to live in?

carnavas
10th July 2013, 12:12
İ really want to know your opinion
I'm currently living peacefully in Iran.İt's been 13 years that my family has applied for usa.now they have responded and granted us visa and greed card but the question remains...is usa really a better place with better economical opportunities and freedom or this is all just lies and İran has better quality of life and environment? What do you think if İ reject my visa? Am İ doomed with this visa or saved?:S
Thank you all

MorningSong
10th July 2013, 12:39
Boy, you have certainly asked the $100,000,000,000,000 question!

I have lived abroad for 27 years now, and with an aging mother in the States who wants and needs me to come back...I , too, am asking myself this question. It certainly is not the same place I left so long ago...

As to answer you, I really don't know.

You will want to weigh many things on the balance, I'm sure...like... (my first thought) if Iran gets attacked in the future, will you want to be here or there? If it's the USA doing the attacking, do you want to be in the USA at that time? What special skills do you and your family members possess to make you stand out among the others to , if not garantee, at least advance your possibilities of getting a good job? Do you have relatives already there? Do you have other contacts that could give you a heave-ho up the ladder of success?

Hopefully others will post up some other advice and thoughts... sincere good luck to you!

pine boy
10th July 2013, 12:49
I suggest you stay home as this is where you belong.I really don't understand the need to migrate all over.
If you want to live in a giant strip center then buy all means,come on over.
City life here has rewards I guess.We pretty much have the right to do anything we want to do within the laws of our country.Just understand,we have prison for profit and more of them than anywhere in the world.If you come here ,you best be able to come as a congressman of life can be quite hard.I kinda doubt that the farmland and plains have alot to offer.
My points are extreme and if we meet,you will be met with a smile and a handshake and we will part with blessings but when you get to your dwelling,you might find your small apartment wanting and your wallet empty.
Minimum wage is around $8.00 .40 Hours is the typical work week.Apartments near me are $700.00 a month and you still have all the bills .Water,food,electricity ect.
Freerange craftsmen can get $20-30.00 hourly so concider your skills and research the market.
Good luck with your dicision and I like your pun with the "greed" card.Cool typo.
All the best to ya

Prodigal Son
10th July 2013, 13:01
I've lived in the US my entire life and if I had the opportunity to leave right now I would. At least until this criminal cabal is either removed from power or they take over the whole planet... and if that happens I'll be looking to get beamed up.

Fred Steeves
10th July 2013, 13:07
Trust your instincts carnavas. If you're in tune with them you will never make a wrong decision, even though it may sometimes seem like you have at first.

donk
10th July 2013, 13:19
Only someone that lived in Iran under similar conditions to you could really tell you if it's "better". The one thing I can say is truly without a doubt factually better is that in America, you are not subject to our foreign policy. Is our domestic policy "better"? Nationalist Americans will tell you "of course, we're number one! USA! USA!"...obviously like a lot of us, you may not be so sure...

The thing about America though, is that it's friggin' big. I told my kids' great grandfather (heavily decorated CIA) who was a recovering conservative and liked to talk to me when I was into liberal politics, that it should be broken down into soverign states--that "democracy"--as practiced here--can't work on such a grand scale (that it turns into dishonest empire), he really thought it was a good idea with some truth. I dunno...I stopped paying attention so much to all that dumb crap.

But my point is its huge. If you have adequate resources (heh, aka money, or as amerikuns like to call it: "freedom"), the opportunity is definitely worth any possible negatives you are weighing. But if you're going be getting by or struggling, I'd make sure you found advice from someone more similar to your situation...

¤=[Post Update]=¤

On yeah and what Fred said...trust your instincts. Though they become more trustworthy reinforced with the most possible information you can get

RMorgan
10th July 2013, 13:36
I'm currently living peacefully in Iran.İt's been 13 years that my family has applied for usa.now they have responded and granted us visa and greed card but the question remains...is usa really a better place with better economical opportunities and freedom or this is all just lies and İran has better quality of life and environment? What do you think if İ reject my visa? Am İ doomed with this visa or saved?:S
Thank you all

Hello my friend,

This is a delicate question, specially considering that there´s a big change of the US declaring war against Iran at some point during the next ten years.

In my opinion, the US is not what it used to be thirty, forty, fifty years ago...The economy is not that good anymore, decent jobs and good opportunities are becoming harder to find, specially for a foreigner.

Also, gradually the US is becoming the non-fictional version of George Orwell´s 1984 book. There are cameras everywhere, drones everywhere, almost zero privacy, new laws allowing them to abuse their own citizens...With all due respect for my American friends, the USA is not moving towards a promising direction...Things are going downhill up there for quite some time.

The way I see it, if you have a nice job and enough money to live a simple but comfortable life in Iran, I would stay there...The benefits of living in your own country are countless. I´ve never been to Iran, but I know it´s a beautiful country with beautiful people and a tremendously rich culture.

Besides, you need to ask yourself a serious question - If the US starts a war with Iran, which will probably be excused by illegitimate reasons, how would you feel to be living in a country which is mass murdering your own people? - This might happen or not, but it´s important to consider this possibility.

Personally and very honestly, I wouldn´t leave my country to live in the US even if I was offered a million dollars/year salary.

This is just my opinion, anyway. Measure the pros and cons very carefully and make up your mind.

If you decide to move, do your research and choose a good state and city to live...Some places may be more receptive and friendly to foreigners than others.

Raf.

Ps: I liked the part about the "greed card"... Even knowing that it was probably a typo, maybe you should think about it.

Another1
10th July 2013, 13:53
There's been a target painted on America's back for years now and most advice I find online is to move out if you can. Major global corps like Walmart and Halliburton have moved their world headquarters out of country. Big money people and retiring politicians are buying ranches in south and central America.

The way these nut cases run homeland security, I would not want to be on a Visa from Iran should a war start.

Personally I think we need people here like the few Iranians I have met that did make the move with success. Their work ethic and understanding of our political system were to be admired. I will fess this is a bias based upon a small sample of people.

If money is not a problem in your reality it is certainly worth coming for a quick visit to test the waters for yourself.

carnavas
10th July 2013, 14:31
Thanks of everyone
The greed card was a typing mistake sorry:)) İ wouldn't dare much to talk like that about some place's permission cause it might offend some one about their country or dunno!sorry anyway
Something tells me that İ should stay for various reasons
The problem is that İ'm still educating and am under control of my family so objecting will cost me alot and by refusing İ will lose alot including my family and friends, İ'm wondering if it is worth the refusal or İ should just follow them there cause they don't listen to me
İ know this is a very personal question but İt would help me to gather as much opinions and informations as İ can
Thanks alot again

AriG
10th July 2013, 14:47
;t's been 13 years that my family has applied for usa.now they have responded and granted us visa and greed card but the question remains..

Carnavas,

I think you summed it up with your Freudian slip. Not having ever lived in Iran, I cannot advise you regarding the differences, but I can tell you that the US is a false Republic, propped up by Oligarchy with a false economy. That is the big picture. On a micro level, you will find that this country is populated with primarily warm hearted and decent people. As in the case of all media reports, you only hear of the outliers, not the rule. Each state or region is almost a country in itself. You will find cultural, behavioral, social and economic differences based upon which state or region in which you choose to settle. For example, were you to choose coastal Louisiana, you would find a rich French heritage that permeates the culture. Head over to South Florida, and you will find a rich Latino/Cuban culture mixed with transplants from across the country and globe. Move over to the Carolinas and you will encounter the "old boys" network wherein old money and influence prevail with tones of English/Irish influence and head up to the Midwest and find no nonsense German/Scandinavian types with a no frills outlook and a crazy intense work ethic. LA? Ah, skip it. Its always 72 degrees there, the work ethic is absent as are the morals- it would violate your senses. Keep in mind that you have to get into the "heart" of the region to fully experience the culture. If you travel the major highways, the US looks like a boiler plate edition of the mini mall from hell.

Another big culture shock is that in the US, you are pretty much in a "sink or swim" environment. We have very few social protections and also being a Fascist nation, the corporations dictate your life and lifestyle. If you can assimilate into the corporate culture and play the game without losing your soul? You should do very well. Should you get sick, grow old, have a disability or be unable to meet your financial obligations? You could end up on the street. This is a disposable society and unfortunately, the corporate mindset has evolved to consider "human resources" part of the dispensable commodities.

You will also find that our culture has evolved to be uninformed, crude, crass, immoral, materialistic, etc. etc. It may contradict your values if you are of the Muslim faith.

If your only motivation is financial you might be happy here. If quality of life is your priority? Not so sure.

Hope this helps.

RMorgan
10th July 2013, 14:54
Thanks of everyone
The greed card was a typing mistake sorry:)) İ wouldn't dare much to talk like that about some place's permission cause it might offend some one about their country or dunno!sorry anyway
Something tells me that İ should stay for various reasons
The problem is that İ'm still educating and am under control of my family so objecting will cost me alot and by refusing İ will lose alot including my family and friends, İ'm wondering if it is worth the refusal or İ should just follow them there cause they don't listen to me
İ know this is a very personal question but İt would help me to gather as much opinions and informations as İ can
Thanks alot again

Hey my friend,

Honestly? You´re already 19. If you want to stay; Stay.

You can´t allow other people, even your parents, to make such important and potentially life changing decisions for you.

As Another1 said, in case things really go south, which is a very very real possibility, it wouldn´t be nice to be in the USA with a visa from Iran.

Anyway, why don´t you show this thread to your parents and make them ask their own questions?

Raf.

white wizard
10th July 2013, 15:17
If you are moving into a big city expect life to be very challenging, but
if you can live outside the cities, then life here can be very nice.

The job market blows, which is why you will need to go to school to get
a skilled job. I recommend going for your CDL, which will open up
some job opportunity for you to get a well paying job. All you have to
do is drive trucks, which is a business that is always hiring.

Do not go to a big city if that is your only option, because they have
become nasty places to live unless your rich, or have connections.

There are many places to live in this country, which are nicer then
others, so you need to do some research.

This is a beautiful country do not listen to people who only see the
doom and gloom in it.

Flash
10th July 2013, 15:30
To me it is very simple, I am a Canadian and would not want to live in USA, much better here. No insults to my Americans friends here and in New England, this is just what I think reality is, at least mine.

Why? Less stringent police state, more care for women and children, little bit less money oriented, tiny bit less press censorship (on the French side at least), social systems in place for the poors, yet, good standards of living and very good natural resources, good economy when compared with others G7.

Muslims are not very much liked anywhere in the West anymore anyhow.

And yes, in USA, swim or sink, you are alone.

Mike
10th July 2013, 16:26
As Donk said, the US is huge. Massive. It could easily be split up into a dozen different countries, or more - New York is as different from Wyoming as Iran is from New York. So when people say the US is this and the US is that, I'm always sort of wondering: which *part* of the US are you talking about?;)

Even various states could be divided into different countries, as the people and culture in one part can be vastly different to the people and culture in the other part...or parts.

There are a lot of sort of lousy things we can say about the US, but if we look a little closer it's more to do with the government than the people. My travels are modest, but whenever I've left the country, I've always returned with a whole new appreciation for it.

donk
10th July 2013, 16:34
Maybe my sig line was the most important part of my post: What is the purpose of you “living in the USA”?

I am totally biased…to me, life is experiencing new things. If you have the means to get here….and back home (whenever you wanted), I would see it as an opportunity. If it is some imagined “necessity” that you get here to live, and you have ANY doubts…you should totally reconsider.

Your experience here will depend on the amount freedom you have. Unfortunately, in this joint…$$$ = freedom. Like a lot of bumper stickers 'round here say: freedom isn't free!

Prodigal Son
10th July 2013, 16:38
The US is no longer a safe place for people who want justice, fairness, and a benevolent government. Especially for those who are vocal in any way about it.

I know he is no longer in power, but I admire Ahmedinejad for his honesty in the way he exposed the criminal aspect of the US Govt especially regarding 911. His speeches at the UN were epic and forthright. I always said I would have no problem having him stay in my guest room for as long as he needed to.

As for Dick Cheney? I'd rather have the Devil himself.

donk
10th July 2013, 16:44
C'mon....You can find space where it is "safe"....and it NEVER was for people that were too vocal about it (and actually listened to).

I don't think you want to making decisions based on fear. America is more than you see on the news...our Orwellian version, and outsiders slightly less tainted version.

You would want to definitely be up to speed on Iran/US relations, probably (maybe ask a Japanese American from WW2), but the 1984-style clamp down is a global civilization thing. US is probably ground zero, but if it proceeds in this direction, it will be the same (or worse) everywhere else....we're all in this together...

Mike
10th July 2013, 16:51
$ = freedom. Well put Donk.

Like everyone else I've always wanted to be rich...but not for the material goods. I want the money for the time it would buy me, and the freedom to do what I want whenever I please.
How is one "free" if they must rise every morning at 8am and go to a job that won't allow them to return home till 5? A job that they likely abhor. So called 'freedom' is a myth. Capitalism is really a form of bondage. Slavery.

And the so-called 'american work ethic'...bullish!t! I don't know how the people have been brainwashed into considering it a precious value to bust your ass for meager wages while somebody else gets rich...and then be expected to be grateful for it.

Don't get me wrong: I do believe in working hard to attain goals and so on, but only if its in line with your integrity.

donk
10th July 2013, 17:00
Heh, in the other forum before avalon, all I used to post was stuff similar to 'ski's...it reminds me of the scenes in the Doors where the Jim Morrison (I am the Lizard King, I can do anything!) would scream at the crowd: SLAVES! SLAVES! YOU'RE ALL A BUNCH OF SLAVES!!

Once I stopped letting the truth that our entire way of life is "valuing" slavery (Trent Reznor is another good one "I have found, you can find, happiness in slavery...) and started appreciating the ways (mostly internal) that you can truly live outside of the mental slave part, life got a lot better.

:sorry:.........:offtopic:

toad
10th July 2013, 17:04
Regardless of the astounding revelations in the news these days, I still enjoy my time here. As someone who has traveled all over the world but not lived anywhere else really, I still think I enjoy much of my time here.

That is to say however that I still plan on moving outside the US, but only to get away from everything complicated, Im moving towards finding a nice beach and a hammock and calling it a lifetime, very shortly.

Mike
10th July 2013, 18:12
Heh, in the other forum before avalon, all I used to post was stuff similar to 'ski's...it reminds me of the scenes in the Doors where the Jim Morrison (I am the Lizard King, I can do anything!) would scream at the crowd: SLAVES! SLAVES! YOU'RE ALL A BUNCH OF SLAVES!!

Once I stopped letting the truth that our entire way of life is "valuing" slavery (Trent Reznor is another good one "I have found, you can find, happiness in slavery...) and started appreciating the ways (mostly internal) that you can truly live outside of the mental slave part, life got a lot better.

:sorry:.........:offtopic:

Easy for Trent Reznor though - he's sitting on a pile of cash;). Effortless to wax philosophical when you're essentially operating outside the system. For the record though, I am a fan;)

I'm not too terribly worked up about it Donk, cuz for the most part I've operated outside the system myself, by working for myself etc...But for those that are entrenched, with obligations to family and so on, with no way out...achieving that buddhahood you describe ain't easy.

donk
10th July 2013, 19:08
I think it was johnf that said it somewheres, it's not easy but it is simple.

What you got better to do than try?

Being "awake" in American can be soul-crushing if you let it be. The cognitive dissonance required to get outa bed to put in your time at the cracker factory (or whatever it is you were taught or learned to live for) while pay attention to the created reality we share can be maddening if you're not careful

I'd love to try living in another country.... Home is: I am

DouglasDanger
10th July 2013, 22:46
Thank you all

Greed card...hahahahahahaha.... I appologise I know english is not your first language... but thats kinda funny. ;) ...
Anyhow, in all honesty, I will not even travel through the USA right now, I avoid it everychance I get when traveling due to TSA at airports and The NDAA....

apokalypse
11th July 2013, 00:26
this is one of the thing i have said in my thread, why you have to move to developed country? if people wake up and fight for it then they run the country that suppose to be then they will have better life and about the quality of life. have Revolution stop being a sheep depended on someone to run over you...

syrwong
11th July 2013, 00:30
If you count the pros and cons responses, the answer is overwhelmingly no. There is really not much to think about, I bet that many responses were understatements so as not to influence your decision. Here is one recent impression the US makes to the world: (It is the sad story of a dog trying to protect his master from police brutality but failed)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXL_ooLbjU0

rgray222
11th July 2013, 02:07
Thank you all

Hi Carnavas
I would love to try to give you an answer but it is close to impossible without a bit of perspective about you. Have you lived in Iran all of your life? If you have lived in other countries or parts of the middle east where? I am just wondering what you have to compare it to.

As you might be aware the west's view of Iran is that is a Theocracy that is ruled by Ayatollah Khamenei as the supreme leader. He has constitutional authority or substantial influence over the executive, legislative and judicial branches of government as well as the military and media. The western media leads us to believe that under Khamenei the country is intolerant of different religions and political views, intolerant of homosexuals and there is less opportunity for women. If this is true that would certainly influence advice you might receive.

It was reported in the Western media and the middle east papers that 61 people have been executed in Iran since the recent election on June 14, 2013. If this is a fact it would give pause to living in such a country. The media claims that the executions were held in Ahvaz, Shahrekord and Karaj and were done in the full view of the public. Apparently these people were political activist that claimed the election was a sham due to the fact that there were no moderates running. Even though Hasan Rouhani is being called a moderate from where I sit he seems fairly radical and not what I would consider moderate. Can you tell us if this is true and it certainly would influence my advice.

I am not trying to put down Iran just trying to get an honest picture of what it is like to live in the country today. I have been in Iran on many occasions, but it has been many years, I thoroughly enjoyed my time there but did not feel that I had much in the way of personal freedoms. I have gotten back to Saudi, Oman, and Bahrain many times since but have not been back to Iran. A good friend of mine just returned after a 21 day visit and she said most people were preparing for war and the country was in a bit of turmoil. She also she spent 5 days in Tehran and said the city was exceptionally congested and the air quality was horrific.

She did bring me back what I consider the best pistachios on the planet.

I have more questions but I am curious to hear what you have to say about today's Iran.

Flash
11th July 2013, 02:16
My opinion, if you do not go back to dark age religious dogma to control your country and if Israel leaves you alone, Iran is a beautiful country. Quite developped too. If you have sisters, bring them to Canada, best place in the world for women development. In case of war, anwhere else would be better, but maybe not the USA because they would be involved in a war against your country. But God only knows, you make your best out of this situation.

RUSirius
11th July 2013, 02:42
There does not seem to be the need for anymore advice on this thread, if you cant formulate "your" answer from that advice, well then you definitely should not move. I've been out of the states going on three years now, however born and raised for 97% of my life there. I'm moving back soon, not because things are not nice here, or I really want to leave, but its what has to be done. I'm not to nervous about moving back because these are the currents I know to swim, I also know as so accurately stated before, living in the states gives you 10,000 plus choices to have a unique experience, from state to state our english language can morph as well. Im from Connecticut, all of New England, New York and New Jersey, all neighboring states with a lot of history together all have different "accents" for the lack of a better word. Sometimes I cant really understand what my friend from Oklahoma says, and I've got a fairly good ear. If you know where to go, through experience and travel the options can be overwhelming, research alone can be misleading if thats your only resource on deciding where to move to. My advice however, stay in Iran.

11th July 2013, 02:56
I have a friend from Iran. He says its much better here, in Canada, than there, in Iran, although lately he really hates Vancouver and wants to move to a small town where people are more human than in the city. I don't know about the US. Its similar in many ways to Canada but the US government is highly corrupt as is the government of Iran.

ghostrider
11th July 2013, 05:10
I would live in switzerland, or scotland, or south america, anywhere but the U.S. We are headed for a brutal civil war ...

Peace&Love
11th July 2013, 05:22
Wow what a fantastic discussion! :) I was also asking myself this question many times. Should i live in the land of the free, having the American dream. One thing for sure, all the Americans i ever met were the friendliest and open people, with a strong sense of good will. They have so much life energy in them! And if you look carefully you will find your buddies and best friends in short time!
The only setback for me was actually figuring out that this land of the free has becoming slowly its worst nightmare for its own citizens.
There are so many negative things going around with the involvement of secret governments and agencies, unconstitutional laws. Watching videos of Ron Paul, Alex Jones, Jesse Ventura can give you a sense of what is really going on beyond the major news scenery. I read many Americans are moving to Mexico south America, Peru,Brazil, Ecuador to escape catastrophe for the Northern Hemisphere related to post 2012 earth changes.
There are some strange things happening, and i am not sure USA is where i would want to be! If this is the end of the world as we know, i would like to be next to my family hugging them strongly and going thru it together.

Azt
11th July 2013, 06:09
It is a personal decision. My 5 cents, we need more "woke souls" in the U.S now than ever before, my believe is if we fix the U.S (making a REAL fair and free country) half of our problems in the world are solved as well. It's easy to turn a back now for the U.S when it is in the down path (Economic, Moral) but who really admire the country (I do because I have lived there before)
it`s pay back time. Americans should go back to the Founding Fathers idea and rebuilt America from the scratch and for all. That 's perhaps our biggest challenge in the world today. I am an optimist which believe in an America 2.0 (without wars, hiding agendas, NSAs and leading by example , not by fear)

ThePythonicCow
11th July 2013, 06:20
My figuring is that the USA is a big place, with lots of variety. The day may come when those in other nations are seeing reports every day in the news of US cities burning, riots, mass arrests, famine, whatever ... but even then many of us, in many places here, will be doing OK, adapting, helping our fellow countrymen, ... Perhaps a country such as Monaco or Nauru can all "go to hell" at once, but large countries, such as the US, Russia or China, are more complex than that, even in the best of times, and the worst.

11th July 2013, 07:36
It took the Roman Empire over a thousand years to fall completely.

The Potter
11th July 2013, 11:22
The US is a great place to get a university education. I would highly recommend it. Come over, take out every possible student loan, finish your degree, and then return. Don't repay the loans :~).
You would have four years to change your mind. If you want to stay don't get caught in the cogs of the big gears.

Fred Ryan
11th July 2013, 12:04
Remember, this forum tends to be anti-American so I think you're asking your question In the wrong place. I suggest you find Iranian-American forums where you can make contact with other Iranians who have already made the transition.

There's an extensive network of Iranians all over America who will be willing to help you. Will it be easy, no. Can you succeed and prosper, millions of other Iranians have. So, by all means, come. You are more then wecome.

naste.de.lumina
11th July 2013, 12:24
Each person with their vision.
In my opinion this forum is not anti-American.
Rather, this forum is not anti-any country specifically.
I believe that this forum tries to be anti-lies.

risveglio
11th July 2013, 15:45
Thank you all

I don't know much about Iran but I would think one good question is if you are male or female? And if you are female, are you Muslim? It appears female Muslim's have a lot more freedom in America, but that is assuming that it is true that Iranian woman can be stoned in Iran for just looking at a guy the wrong way.

carnavas
14th July 2013, 12:40
Thanks for all your answers. I will take to heart all your advice,hopefully I will come to a good decision with knowing my own background.
I'm a non-religious girl adapted to the hardships of Iran. to be true, here is a little hard by all the religious dogmas surrounding and a corrupted government showing its presence every where, I can't even reach youtube here and for example TV is not tolerable to watch as it is full of war and misery kinda things, and other hardships BUT its not all that bad! I have my peace of mind and a lot of loving people around and some hearts to home inside! I can peacefully have a life away from the materialistic worshiping of some in the west and so on. the air may be polluted but at least there is no war of GMO foods around! I do find usa and Iran the 2 sides of the same coin, but is the GMO foods, chemtrails over people, NSA controls, big industries of medical care, cancer causing vaccines, big cover ups and big lies and many other worth the better "hoping" future my parent fore see?what is this special thing about it that I fail to see? I mean,at least in Iran the corruption is as plain as light and a lot can see and feel it but in usa everything is done in the dark and so many can not see and its really a big illusion game that is hard to withstand. about the executions, I personally haven't heard as I didn't research but I will ask, I don't think it was for president election as it went quiet peaceful with people coming to the street to celebrate the end of ahmadi and the winning of rohani, I better search around! oh and my relatives are in LA so that is where I'll be going

markpierre
14th July 2013, 13:04
Where does your heart live?

carnavas
14th July 2013, 13:20
in the hearts of my friends:)

markpierre
14th July 2013, 14:27
That's a sweet answer, but it doesn't address your issue. Unless you you mean you want to be with your friends.
Your heart should know where you need to be, for whatever is next for you. Ask it before you fall asleep.
Until you get an answer, and you will.
You may spend time rehashing all the fearful components, but that will calm down if you persevere.
The fearful parts are all imaginary. But asking outside of yourself, you'll get more confirmation that they are real, than confirmation that they're not.
Fear aside, you can make your own choice. Don't let fear make it for you.

T Smith
14th July 2013, 15:00
;t's been 13 years that my family has applied for usa.now they have responded and granted us visa and greed card but the question remains..

Carnavas,

I think you summed it up with your Freudian slip. Not having ever lived in Iran, I cannot advise you regarding the differences, but I can tell you that the US is a false Republic, propped up by Oligarchy with a false economy. That is the big picture. On a micro level, you will find that this country is populated with primarily warm hearted and decent people. As in the case of all media reports, you only hear of the outliers, not the rule. Each state or region is almost a country in itself. You will find cultural, behavioral, social and economic differences based upon which state or region in which you choose to settle. For example, were you to choose coastal Louisiana, you would find a rich French heritage that permeates the culture. Head over to South Florida, and you will find a rich Latino/Cuban culture mixed with transplants from across the country and globe. Move over to the Carolinas and you will encounter the "old boys" network wherein old money and influence prevail with tones of English/Irish influence and head up to the Midwest and find no nonsense German/Scandinavian types with a no frills outlook and a crazy intense work ethic. LA? Ah, skip it. Its always 72 degrees there, the work ethic is absent as are the morals- it would violate your senses. Keep in mind that you have to get into the "heart" of the region to fully experience the culture. If you travel the major highways, the US looks like a boiler plate edition of the mini mall from hell.

Another big culture shock is that in the US, you are pretty much in a "sink or swim" environment. We have very few social protections and also being a Fascist nation, the corporations dictate your life and lifestyle. If you can assimilate into the corporate culture and play the game without losing your soul? You should do very well. Should you get sick, grow old, have a disability or be unable to meet your financial obligations? You could end up on the street. This is a disposable society and unfortunately, the corporate mindset has evolved to consider "human resources" part of the dispensable commodities.

You will also find that our culture has evolved to be uninformed, crude, crass, immoral, materialistic, etc. etc. It may contradict your values if you are of the Muslim faith.

If your only motivation is financial you might be happy here. If quality of life is your priority? Not so sure.

Hope this helps.

Living in and traveling all over the US, this is a fantastic summation and a very insightful post... although I must confess I'm somewhat confused about the implied opportunity that the US offers to those who are financially motivated. The US is certainly not barren completely of financial opportunity, but the days of strolling into town with a shirt on your back, a couple pennies, and the necessary drive to become a millionaire (or even less ambitious) financially independent are nil and of an era long since gone.

carnavas
14th July 2013, 16:07
That's a sweet answer, but it doesn't address your issue. Unless you you mean you want to be with your friends.
Your heart should know where you need to be, for whatever is next for you. Ask it before you fall asleep.
Until you get an answer, and you will.
You may spend time rehashing all the fearful components, but that will calm down if you persevere.
The fearful parts are all imaginary. But asking outside of yourself, you'll get more confirmation that they are real, than confirmation that they're not.
Fear aside, you can make your own choice. Don't let fear make it for you.
Thanks alot.fear is something to deal with. yeah I know in the end I'm alone to answer myself.but I just want different opinions and perspectives on living there so that I could have the biggest picture possible:)
Thanks again my friends!:)

Earth Angel
14th July 2013, 16:49
not to be flippant but you could try flipping a coin! Heads you go Tails you stay.......when the coin comes up and says for example Heads (you go) and you feel great, you have your answer, if you feel like Maybe the best 2 out of 3 is the way to go, you still have your answer!! (stay)

My parents left Ireland to get married in Canada.....they had me and went back when I was 2......they spent the rest of their lives moving back and forth ....when I got married to a Canadian (having sworn I would NEVER do that to my kids...moving them back and forth all the time).....I ended up moving back to Ireland and my parents were still here in Canada......they were waiting to see if I would stay before they decided to come and live there again (missing their grandkids more than life itself) ......I had the idea that if we stayed my kids would grow up realize they had Canadian citizenship and move back to Canada so I thought I would preempt this move by moving back to Canada while they were still relatively young.......and of course when they got older they started talking about moving back to Ireland.....
One year when we were over on holidays for Christmas as my mother was crying and saying goodbye at the airport, she asked me 'Why are you doing this to us??" .......my auto response was ' Because you did this to your mother".........My point is, once you experience another country, unless you truly hate it, you will never be settled again......my parents are in their late 70s now and still talk about moving back to Ireland.
Its a tough decision especially with the possibility of war coming to your homeland......but its also very unsettling to leave the place you were raised in and love........Im probably not helping you here at all.....but wishing you the best either way!

Bill Ryan
14th July 2013, 17:45
-------

I was last in the US a little over a year ago. I traveled widely (Miami, Phoenix, San Diego, LA, Spokane), and it was superficially highly attractive as always. The convenience of large clean shopping malls everywhere, excellent service, Whole Foods, Jamba Juice and Starbucks, Apple Stores in every city, restaurants where you know exactly what you'll get, blue skies, and a great deal of really beautiful country.

But it was always skin deep, I could sense that all was not well -- like a person who looks really healthy at first glance but who's carrying some dreadful disease deep within their vital organs. All the signs of serious ill-health are there if one takes even a brief close look.

This why I'm in Ecuador. (Some of the details are on this thread (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?58636-Where-s-Bill-Ryan&p=667705&viewfull=1#post667705).)

I very much wish the world was different, but it's just not. What we don't know is how bad things are going to get, and when. The analogy I often use is that we're tracking Europe in something like 1937-38. We're watching Hitler carefully, many of our friends don't want to listen to our concerns, and some of us are planning to leave Germany and Poland before it's too late.

Peace&Love
14th July 2013, 18:16
[QUOTE=Bill Ryan;702055]-------

I was last in the US a little over a year ago. I traveled widely (Miami, Phoenix, San Diego, LA, Spokane), and it was superficially highly attractive as always. The convenience of large clean shopping malls everywhere, excellent service, Whole Foods, Jamba Juice and Starbucks, Apple Stores in every city, restaurants where you know exactly what you'll get, blue skies, and a great deal of really beautiful country.

But it was always skin deep, I could sense that all was not well -- like a person who looks really healthy at first glance but who's carrying some dreadful disease deep within their vital organs. All the signs of serious ill-health are there if one takes even a brief close look.

This why I'm in Ecuador. (Some of the details are on this thread (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?58636-Where-s-Bill-Ryan&p=667705&viewfull=1#post667705).)

I very much wish the world was different, but it's just not. What we don't know is how bad things are going to get, and when. The analogy I often use is that we're tracking Europe in something like 1937-38. We're watching Hitler carefully, many of our friends don't want to listen to our concerns, and some of us are planning to leave Germany and Poland before it's too late.

Thank you.
I just wonder why Ecuador... I heard George Green went there Snowden wanted to go there. According to the 2012-201? prophecies of inevitable future, Would Ecuador remain as the only safe piece of land on earth... what about the rest of us :P ?

PS
With all the disinfo going on, and prophecies that never fulfill of the end of the world, i put my money on that nothing of Armagedon type of thing will happen as the higher dimensional beings would not let it be, as they have done time and time again. Maximum a human sort of negative actions and they will not interfere such as Hitler crusade, where we humans had to stop it. That's my 2 cents on it :)

eva08
14th July 2013, 18:21
You might consider coming to the USA for a vacation and taking a look at the food prices, for sale homes, rental homes and explore the job market via internet -- if you have USA internet access.

My personal opinion -- unless you are super-qualified and have employment lined up for you -- in other words your company relocates you to the USA -- or unless you have family here who can provide the very same -- I personally would not consider re-locating.

IMHO -- it would be very difficult -- if you do not know anyone -- to find employment -- the job market is atrocious, even top college graduates cannot find a job.

If you are self-employed and financially independent -- if you have an internet based business -- that you can operate from anywhere in the world -- then you might consider working here -- after some research there are areas where the internet is very fast -- FIOS and secure --

Just my thoughts -- I came to the USA in 1980 -- and it was very difficult for me to find my footing.

Good luck

Strat
14th July 2013, 19:33
is usa really a better place with better economical opportunities and freedom or this is all just lies and İran has better quality of life and environment?

What particular freedoms are you looking for? Can you be specific? We have youtube and all that but is there anything else you're looking for? Forgive my ignorance but I know so little about your culture. If I could ask you a bunch of questions regarding the role of women and how they differ from each other between Saudi Arabia, Iran and Afghanistan that'd be great. Anyway...

I can't speak for LA but it's not too hard to find a job over here (North Florida). The thing is given your age, it'll be the type of job where you're working 40+ hours a week with little money left after expenses. That will provide you with a place to live and a car to drive. (generally speaking) You could also deck your apartment out with giant tv's and whatnot if you're into that kinda thing.

The general theme is to 'get your degree' but that in itself isn't necessarily accurate. You will need vision and persistence. If nothing else, have money saved up for a return trip so if you don't like it here you can bail.

Also keep in mind that a lot of what's being said here about America is seriously out of touch. That's okay, I'm not upset or anything, just straightening out facts.

naste.de.lumina
14th July 2013, 19:54
Thank you.
I just wonder why Ecuador... I heard George Green went there Snowden wanted to go there. According to the 2012-201? prophecies of inevitable future, Would Ecuador remain as the only safe piece of land on earth... what about the rest of us :P ?

Hey friend.
I did not know they were planning to rename Brazil to Ecuador. :noidea:

Peace&Love
14th July 2013, 20:04
Thank you.

Hey friend.
I did not know they were planning to rename Brazil to Ecuador. :noidea:
I think they said everything below the northern hemisphere, so you are safe my friend! :party:

gripreaper
14th July 2013, 20:19
Anyone who uses the context of the last 80 years in America as a basis for their future decisions is making a mistake. There was a reason America was "allowed" to grow and prosper as it did in the last century, and those parameters no longer apply.

If you understand what happened in the 1930's and 40's with the extraterrestrial crafts and aliens, the need to back engineer the technology which was acquired from these craft, and the need to develop a technological society to undertake the tasks necessary to fulfill the many agendas associated with these events, then you have the context for why America prospered so well in the last century.

Not only the surface economy in the US, which is larger than the next six economies combined, but the underground black ops economy which has been siphoned off and hidden, to fund projects which were to be kept out of the public domain, mark the last century's prolific growth in America.

Due to the magnitude of the projects which were planned, eg: back engineer stellar craft, zero gravity propulsion, developing and building stellar craft, other planet outposts, underground cities, genetic research and modification, and management of resources and populations and the balance of power, it was necessary that the elite chose the US at the time, as the most beneficial population to train and recruit for their endeavors.

This is no longer the case.

Now that the elite have almost all of the things they wanted to develop in the last century, the corporatocracy of the US now needs to be purged, scaled back to maintenance levels, and the balance of power shifted into other regions of the globe. The controlled demolition of this country is underway, and will take time to dismantle without causing too much consternation and revolt. It's not easy to scale a corporation (the US) back from full production, and redistribute the corporate assets to maintenance levels, but that is what is taking place.

I do not recommend coming to the US at this time, as the next 20 years will be very deflationary, asset values in all asset classes will decline, as well as production, gross GDP, and the amount of fiat currency circulating through commerce, and the available capital for capital improvements, or to put at risk for development. This will cause the redistribution of wealth into the hands of the few while wiping out the middle class.

While this is occurring, debt obligations will skyrocket, as well as managing the huge base of the aging population with dwindling resources. More and more competition will ensue as people try to adjust to a declining economy, scarce resources, and limited growth. Bankruptcies will skyrocket, people will fall into foreclosure, and many businesses will fail and be sucked up by the banksters.

This controlled demolition started in earnest in 2008 and remains in full force. Those who choose to remain here in the US need to change the context from which they view the future, scale back their obligations, and prepare to "hunker down" for an extended period of time as this country transitions from being the largest most stable economy on the planet to an impoverished third world country.

Were not talking about the billionaire boys club here. You have to be a trillionare to even get a seat at the table.

cloud9
14th July 2013, 21:45
Carnavas,

I am 54 year old woman who came to live in the US in 2.001 when I was 40. I'm Colombian and this is important for what I want to tell you.

I lived in my country for 40 years, things were relatively fine because we were used to the way things were. When you don't have anything else to compare with, well... that's all you know.

My country has been plagued by war for almost 50 years but it's not an open war and it's not everywhere. This war we know of through the tv and newspapers because I lived in the capital and it was just regular city life with a lot of stress and traffic. What I really mean it's that even though there's a war, I never had to live in it, it was in rural places and small towns.

As my country has been known everywhere as a dangerous place where Pablo Escobar used to live and drugs are more common than food I can tell you that I have never ever seen cocaine in my life and I don't know the smell of marihuana and never had friends or relatives using drugs either. I'm saying this because contrary to popular beliefs, not all (actually a minority) of Colombians are drug traffickers or criminals.

Now, in the 80's I saw many movies that portrayed the States as a very dangerous place. I used to see (in the movies, thanks Hollywood!) terrible things happen to women in the New York subway and many drug addicts everywhere. For many years I thought I would never ever live in a place like that, it was just horrible!

Well, I was going to hit my 40s and in my country is very hard to find a job at that age so I started learning english as a way to find a better job and future. While taking my classes I started hearing people that they were learning the language because they wanted to come here and one day I started to consider the same option. Our economy was terrible, I had lost my business and decided to give it a try.

Just after a few months of being here I had this feeling of: "I wish I had come here 20 years earlier" and I still think the same way. I've never regretted my decision and I'm grateful I'm here.

This is a huge country that has many things to offer and even more so to somebody who is young and willing to learn and work. You are very young and the fact that you already have a green card and speak the language it's going to make everything easier for you; I didn't have any of that, no green card, no language, no family, no friends, no money… and I survived.

My only "concern" is that your religious beliefs may clash at the beginning with the open and some times "crazy" behaviors of many here but just keep in mind that this is a different culture and also you'll find in this country people from everywhere and all of them adapt themselves very well to the environment.

There are groups and organizations from every country that support their people and you'll have your family with you. Don't be afraid, you'll find friends and opportunities here. American people are kind and understanding, as everybody else they are making their lives and raising families.

To end my long post, just as the rest of the world sees my country as a dangerous place which is not and I used to perceive the US as dangerous and terrible through the movies, everything is a matter of perception. You see, in any city you'll find the good and the bad neighborhoods, the happy and the bitter, etc.

Having a green card doesn't force you to live here forever, give it a try and see if you like it. If you don't, in the future you can go somewhere else and it will be easier than moving out of your country now, there are many places that you can go but I'm sure you'll love it.

ThePythonicCow
15th July 2013, 06:36
Anyone who uses the context of the last 80 years in America as a basis for their future decisions is making a mistake. There was a reason America was "allowed" to grow and prosper as it did in the last century, and those parameters no longer apply.

Not only the surface economy in the US, which is larger than the next six economies combined, but the underground black ops economy which has been siphoned off and hidden, to fund projects which were to be kept out of the public domain, mark the last century's prolific growth in America.

This is no longer the case.

Now that the elite have almost all of the things they wanted to develop in the last century, the corporatocracy of the US now needs to be purged, scaled back to maintenance levels, and the balance of power shifted into other regions of the globe.

Those who choose to remain here in the US need to change the context from which they view the future, scale back their obligations, and prepare to "hunker down" for an extended period of time as this country transitions from being the largest most stable economy on the planet to an impoverished third world country.

Very well said!

grannyfranny100
15th July 2013, 08:16
Most of these posts have very perceptive observations. But as I approach age 70, I lack the resources and healthy mobility to make such a transition; otherwise, I would move to Ecuador in a minute. And I say so having traveled extensively in my twenties and thirties to six continents where I met many wonderful people.

Many USA reared citizens are extremely naive about such a transition and aren't cut out to successfully leave and add value to their adopted new home land. So I hope they will stay in the USA rather than pollute emerging countries with their fantasies and free ride attitudes.

Meanwhile the rest of us will continue to override the perverse manipulation of psychopathic USA leadership which is a valuable goal, too.

sigma6
16th July 2013, 02:33
$ = freedom. Well put Donk.

Like everyone else I've always wanted to be rich...but not for the material goods. I want the money for the time it would buy me, and the freedom to do what I want whenever I please.
How is one "free" if they must rise every morning at 8am and go to a job that won't allow them to return home till 5? A job that they likely abhor. So called 'freedom' is a myth. Capitalism is really a form of bondage. Slavery.

And the so-called 'american work ethic'...bullish!t! I don't know how the people have been brainwashed into considering it a precious value to bust your ass for meager wages while somebody else gets rich...and then be expected to be grateful for it.
Don't get me wrong: I do believe in working hard to attain goals and so on, but only if its in line with your integrity.

Ahhh, someone finally nailed it, I think the only thing that counts is figuring out a way to work for yourself... I find the people of the USA to be some of the nicest people I ever met, much more down home, then typical Canadians, But money is what it is all about exactly for the reasons you mention. FREEDOM, the Government and the cops are designed to be a balance to that freedom. And that balance is swinging way too hard against it right now... Life is good if you can stay as long and far way from the Government , courts and cops as possible, at least until you can get yourself established. It's all commercial, and during tough economic times the government courts and cops use the public as their woopee cushion... And we are in tough economic times, and the US economic debt system is about to roll over a waterfall in a wooden barrel.

One of the reasons for tearing apart the Middle East is because they are looking for funds (oil, power, ) to ease them in their retirement. One last hurrah... I don't think it is going to work out the way they thought. When you take a close look at the puppets hired to do the job. Before it was about building a better car , or more of them, and being proud of your ability to do that. But today it is about holding back all your competition and killing any potential rivals. This has limited results in the long run.

All Empires go through a life cycle. The US peaked in the 50's and it's been downhill from there. One hell of a good run... but the parade is over. We are resting on the laurels of yesteryear.

carnavas
11th August 2013, 01:12
hello
so now I have come and visited and I can say by far I like my own country better!as for the cons I experienced,people in USA are VERY kind but I feel that a lot are just pretending or ignorant,back in my home I felt people were more aware.and I can't understand what's up with this homeless thing here?!we have a lot of beggars but not this much homeless people!oh and we don't have this much advertising in TV for pills and medication!and the fruits and vegetable here doesn't taste right! but it's not that bad as I imagined.it has its good parts too
thanks again

MorningSong
11th August 2013, 12:08
Hello, carnavas and welcome back to the thread!

I'm really curious where you visited...

Whenever I go back to the US for a visit, I am always taken by surprise by the friendliness of people especially at check-out counters in stores... here, it almost seems that you are bothering the check-out person... they hardly ever smile or even look you in the eyes. I'm sure that most people really do want to be friendly, but personal experiences cause diffidence, I guess. In the States for the most part, I think that most people "taught" to smile and be nice... until you think you have "reason" to do otherwise. I can understand where it might be percieved as superficial; I think most people anywhere are that way "naturally".

What do you mean when you use the term "aware"? Aware of what exactly?

I, too, was shocked at the homeless people on my last visit... unfortunately, that is a big giveaway to the economic and social situation in the US right now.

Big Pharma has a huge hold on the American people... it's so much easier to pop a pill (and there is too much "trust" in the "cure") rather than getting to the root of any illness.

Food won't taste right until you forget what things tasted like at "home".... it takes a few years... I have the exact oposite situation here, being that I mostly learned to cook in Italy...things don't taste right in the States for me...and finding the "raw" materials to cook with is a big problem for me there.

Please tell us about the good things you are finding... it'll make us Americans feel better....hahahaha... and give us all some positive things to think about where ever we live.

Hugs!

PS: I love your avatar... I'd adopt that kitty immediately!

carnavas
13th August 2013, 01:10
Hello MorningSong! I'm going to give a more detailed observation but I doubt it would end up very professional cause I'm not very experienced but I'll try at least:P I'm visiting Los angeles near beverley hills right now
So for what I like about here is...
well the air is cleaner than Tehran,very cleaner! I don't know about the chemicals or so but the co2 is low anyway!and everything is so clean!the cars the trees not even one dust!the streets and everything is clean. back in my hometown when I came home from outside and washed my hands, gray colored water would slip through my fingers! this is how dirty my city is
the wild life here is stunning! so many trees and plants and flowers that I have never seen in my life before! it's just so beautiful! so many birds and bugs! this is only proof of a better environment cause back in my hometown(Tehran) we only had crows or doves or sparrows everything else has died or left the city because of pollution
here has a very wide range of fruits and vegetables that I can't have in Iran, like leeches or raspberry or blueberry or starfruit or asparagus or arugula and etc (I don't know if they are healthy though, I'm talking about shelves in stores cause I didn't find organic stores just yet, but there is a thinking, is eating only organic and only a small variety of foods better than eating everything but not organic?cause in my country a lot of the fruits are local and thats why we don't have every fruit in every season) people are so nice here! I got shocked at it! everyone smiles at you and greets you or comments you on the street(but if you are not homeless and are well dressed though...) in Iran not everyone puts their energy to be nice, it's like not necessary and you get used to not smiling at strangers!this is a very nice thing I learned from here!:)it's good to smile:)but the problem with smiling at everyone in Iran is that, you normally get so many insults and stares in Iran from every man that passes by, what about when you smile back! they would end chasing you, here people are not like that(I understand that everything that I'm saying depends on the place) here I find more freedoms like I don't have to have hijab and scarf even in the hot summer days! I can go to university with a guitar, I can dress however I like and etc,and here people are so animal friendly.in Iran I don't permission to walk my dog.here you can go with your dog in the market!and Internet is not filtered I can at last have access to youtube! oh and so much less traffic!and nice musical radios!!;)clothes and things are much cheaper here in US(if you live and have a job in US)now in Iran with all the sanctions (including the price of dollar going up) everything is expensive(for example with the old dollar an iphone 5 is 3 thousand dollars now)oh and the 4g internet access everywhere in US
so things that I don't like...
number one thing.the food.peaches taste like water compared to the peaches in Iran.watermelons taste awful.I could not even recognize the black mulberry as it was sooooo tasteless! it is supposed to be so sour:doh:
so many fast food!back in Iran we have home made traditional foods that we have everyday but here there is no trace of cultural things and foods except mexican food that its literally fast food!nothing cultural like the famous poets that we have or something that you can connect to from the past
so much advertising about pills and illnesses here!I didn't even know about hot flashes in Iran:))back in home you(or at least I) would not even care and think that you're going to get all this diseases but here on every bench is a "test for STD"!I don't know maybe in Iran this sort of things are covered up or shameful to say or whatever...
in US I feel more pressure to look good and beautiful for women.in Iran you can more freely look ugly!!!why?because you can look ugly(by ugly I mean no make up no hair done no nice fancy dresses and etc) and blame the government for looking ugly and you can even get some sympathy on the subject!:))I mean you always have the blaming card for the ones who expect the unexpected thing from you!in Iran if you put money in the bank and do nothing with it and it sleeps in your account you will have 20 percent interest on it every month,here it seems that you will even loose 10 dollars every month?in Iran you can buy and "own" houses and cars(I mean the tax system is not so strict like here there is no tax for everything you buy! but you have taxes for luxury items including cars etc)
in Iran travelling is very cheap. everywhere is a taxi and bus.the buses are like 30 cent(with the new dollar if you want to come now, it would be 10 cent) and taxis like 2 or 3 dollars(with the new dollar it is like 1 dollar) foods are cheaper than US and all bottled water must must contain a very detailed label of its information.something that I was shocked to not find here.every bottle water has on its label the amount of its fluoride chloride ph nitrate and others that I don't remember
and people are more with belief.I don't like being religious or being in control of an outsider like a god or a religious system but I really like it when people have faith and belief. they are more positive and with a lot more hope.people in my country believe in something bigger and better more than here. here is more materialistic and dunno maybe a little more nihilistic!!:confused:
and by more aware I mean, more people know that their government is not perfect and can not always be trusted but here less are like this.
oh well! we have this poet "sohrab sepehri" that says :
where ever I am I shall be
the sky is mine
the window,the thought,the air,love and earth is mine
of what importance is it?
when sometimes the mushrooms of homesickness and loneliness grow?
what is beautiful?
beautiful is the love wrapped description of objects and love alone
love will acclimate you to the warmth of an apple

Camilo
13th August 2013, 01:53
Thank you all

The right answer would be: Follow your Spirit without hesitation.

On the other hand I would tell you by my personal experience, not by a long shot. I lived in the USA for 22 years, became a citizen, and had the opportunity of living "the American Dream" for a while. Then in the late 90's I began seeing changes to the worse, and after 9/11, I could see the writing on the wall. I left the USA in 2004, and last year some of my friends just told me: you left the USA at the right time. Many of them have been trying to leave, but they can't sell their house, and it's not so easy to find permanent residence in other countries.

Strat
13th August 2013, 16:11
in US I feel more pressure to look good and beautiful for women.in Iran you can more freely look ugly!!!why?because you can look ugly(by ugly I mean no make up no hair done no nice fancy dresses and etc) and blame the government for looking ugly and you can even get some sympathy on the subject!:))

Yes this is true. In the US women are unfortunately subjected to this pressure. I am confused what you mean how people in Tehran get sympathy for ugliness? This concept is a bit confusing for my culture. In order to obtain sympathy for something, someone would have to admit the problem. Very few women would admit being ugly, and if she were to do so, people would go to great lengths to tell her she is wrong. This is to help her to feel good about herself.

How would someone in Tehran handle this situation?

Thank you for sharing your observation!

carnavas
14th August 2013, 01:45
in USA you are free to look how you like and if you don't look "good" you will be blamed for it yourself but in Iran you have to have hijab and wear scarf and long sleeved "menteur" so you're not free to look how you want(despite the fact that still you can look "good" or "bad") so compared to women in us you will look kinda "uglier" and if you don't want to put on make up and brush your hair and have your nails done or etc(like you should) you can blame it on government that they don't let me(cause they can arrest you if you have too much make up or have nail polish or if you're wearing skinny clothes and etc),so not only you won't be blamed but the common outsider will feel bad for you for all this, when in truth you get used to it so much that you don't consider it anymore and you can even sometimes used it as an advantage(like when it rains or you're cold or you're having a bad hair day and you can just cover it and when you don't want to put chemical nail polish on your nails and etc)
did I explain my view better?

Strat
14th August 2013, 15:10
Yes, I understand now. Thank you for your explanation.

Whiskey_Mystic
14th August 2013, 15:23
My advice is that if it is education and personal freedom, that you are looking for, the United States will give you that compared to where you are. But, there are better choices. Canada has a thriving Iranian population from the overthrow of the Shah. Europe might also be a better option. The United States is more violent than these countries. These countries also have better social policies. The United States is simply not the country that it once was.