PDA

View Full Version : Study Shows That Rich People Really Are Greedy A**holes (VIDEO)

onawah
14th July 2013, 16:00
Interesting study from Berkeley.
Perhaps this also explains why people sometimes refuse wealth, in the belief they would not be able to resist the potentially numbing and dehumanizing effects.

Have you ever noticed that the more expensive the car, the less courteous the driver? Have you noticed that rich people feel more entitled to *well* pretty much everything? Scientists have done the research and have found out why....Now, if they would only figure out why poor people believe that the rich people are more entitled.
http://samuel-warde.com/2013/07/study-shows-that-rich-people-really-are-greedy-aholes-video/
http://i2.wp.com/samuel-warde.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/images2.jpeg
IuqGrz-Y_Lc

Heartsong
14th July 2013, 16:31
I wonder how they define "wealthy" and "poor" for their studies? What income/asset levels make one "wealthy"?

happytobe
14th July 2013, 17:49
"Self interest is not a natural way of being." ~108morris108

Morris does YouTube videos on current events, you may have seen some of them.

Flash
14th July 2013, 18:13
Another video of the series that explain a correlation between happiness and a society that is more socially equal. More blatant is the discrepancy between rich and poor, more unhappy the whole country gets.

This would be one of the reason that the USA has been having more and more trouble with people getting more unhappy, because the inequalities in wealth have been steadily increasing over the years, contrarily to other countries where it has been decreasing and where people are happier. This was taking into account happiness of the wealthy as well, which seems to have decreased too. Competition to stay on top getting to be more difficult when inequalities are greater.

"Although U.S. GDP has grown over the last 35 years, average happiness has not. According to researchers at the University of California at Berkeley, the reason may lie in growing economic inequality. Paul Solman reports as part of his Making Sen$e series"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNMeXdsaybo

ghostrider
14th July 2013, 19:48
The happiest people I've seen live in Peru , outside Equitos in a village that has no electricity, no running water, no streets, no jobs, the tribe lives in grass shelters, and wear grass skirts, no shoes ... the look on their faces is pure joy... they dont like outsiders, the families live in groups of twenty in the same huge hut... they meet each month and dance and share food with each other ...the live on what the jungle and the amazon provides ... My friend who is from there was allowed to photograph them once ...he has ate with them and danced with them ... they have zero stress ...

Bubu
14th July 2013, 23:36
The happiest people I've seen live in Peru , outside Equitos in a village that has no electricity, no running water, no streets, no jobs, the tribe lives in grass shelters, and wear grass skirts, no shoes ... the look on their faces is pure joy... they dont like outsiders, the families live in groups of twenty in the same huge hut... they meet each month and dance and share food with each other ...the live on what the jungle and the amazon provides ... My friend who is from there was allowed to photograph them once ...he has ate with them and danced with them ... they have zero stress ...

Sounds like an off grid community