PDA

View Full Version : Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge

jagman
16th July 2013, 16:02
In 1929 Albert Einstein was interviewed by a Post correspondent
The interview was about his thought process.
http://www.saturdayeveningpost.com/wp-content/uploads/satevepost/photo_2010_03_20_einstein_portrait.jpg

“I believe in intuitions and inspirations. I sometimes feel that I am right. I do not know that I am… [but] I would have been surprised if I had been wrong

“I am enough of the artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.”

conk
16th July 2013, 16:54
Knowledge is bounded. Imagination is limitless. Imagination is a tool of the subconscious mind and may be tied directly to the greater mind. Sadly we teach our children that what they image is not real. People like Lipton, Dispenza, and countless others tell us clearly that imagination kick starts reality. And it certainly will never exist if not imagined first.

Sunny-side-up
16th July 2013, 17:35
Knowledge is bounded. Imagination is limitless. Imagination is a tool of the subconscious mind and may be tied directly to the greater mind. Sadly we teach our children that what they image is not real. People like Lipton, Dispenza, and countless others tell us clearly that imagination kick starts reality. And it certainly will never exist if not imagined first.
I believe so, Yes.
There was a post here in Avalon that I have now lost.
It was about a young guy, his parents where told he would grow up but never even be able to tie his own shoe laces. Well he went to Uni and has a great mind.
point is he lectures and tell how he never learned anything he would just THINK.

He thought of deep things and when needed he would learn things to help his imagination. Not the other way around!!!
maybe someone has the link, I would like to see it again!!

Imagination is everything even before it is a thing :)

shadowstalker
16th July 2013, 17:38
Knowledge, Imagination, Wisdom and Ego is what make this multiverse Expand and run

Sunny-side-up
16th July 2013, 17:40
Knowledge, Imagination, Wisdom and Ego is what make this multiverse Expand and run

Yup and that's where our biggest problem emerges from, we create all we are trapped in Doh

Finefeather
16th July 2013, 17:54
If...as you say..."imagination kick starts reality" (and I would agree with you there)...then does that not mean that imagination is not yet reality? and if so why is it "sad that we teach our children that what they image is not real" if that is exactly the case?

Imagination is the highest aspect or tool of the emotional consciousness and what is created by imagination is only subjective and not yet objective.

If everything we imagined was real the world would be engulfed in illusion...which it is...in the emotional/astral world. You can see it in action in many threads on Avalon where peoples imagination have trapped them in their own little world of self created illusion...which they call their reality.

I would agree with Einstein if he said that imagination is more important than knowledge because knowledge is known and the basis of our reality...even though it may still be a little backward, whereas imagination is hopefully the start of a more advanced future...of course it just depends who is doing the imagining.

Take care
Ray

conk
16th July 2013, 17:56
If...as you say..."imagination kick starts reality" (and I would agree with you there)...then does that not mean that imagination is not yet reality? and if so why is it "sad that we teach our children that what they image is not real" if that is exactly the case?

Imagination is the highest aspect or tool of the emotional consciousness and what is created by imagination is only subjective and not yet objective.

If everything we imagined was real the world would be engulfed in illusion...which it is...in the emotional/astral world. You can see it in action in many threads on Avalon where peoples imagination have trapped them in their own little world of self created illusion...which they call their reality.

I would agree with Einstein if he said that imagination is more important than knowledge because knowledge is known and the basis of our reality...even though it may still be a little backward, whereas imagination is hopefully the start of a more advanced future...of course it just depends who is doing the imagining.

Take care
RayPerhaps it would be more accurate to state that imagination kick starts manifestation of physical reality. Agree with your spin completely.

Bubu
16th July 2013, 20:42
I will put more time on "intentions" with good intentions we can put a little knowledge and little imagination to good use. With bad intentions we can make big knowledge and big imagination into a huge destruction such as atomic bombs.

Einstein?
http://books.google.com.ph/books/about/Albert_Einstein.html?id=t31OZpCCPf0C&redir_esc=y

http://rense.com/general40/einstein.htm

http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/einstein.htm

I suggest the the real genius who understand, in a more profound level, the workings of the universe will be able to create devices that helps humanity. Like for example the great genius Nikola Tesla. So what are the inventions of Einstein?

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/albert-einstein-inventions.html

http://www.inventor-strategies.com/albert-einstein-invention.html

One invention with a co-inventor and lots of theories ( aka could be right could be wrong)

novus
16th July 2013, 21:00
In 1929 Albert Einstein was interviewed by a Post correspondent
The interview was about his thought process.
http://www.saturdayeveningpost.com/wp-content/uploads/satevepost/photo_2010_03_20_einstein_portrait.jpg

“I believe in intuitions and inspirations. I sometimes feel that I am right. I do not know that I am… [but] I would have been surprised if I had been wrong

“I am enough of the artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.”

I agree!

Knowledge is something already created, while imagination is the postulate, or creative urge to create. Imagination is senior to Knowledge.

jagman
16th July 2013, 21:13
I will put more time on "intentions" with good intentions we can put a little knowledge and little imagination to good use. With bad intentions we can make big knowledge and big imagination into a huge destruction such as atomic bombs.

Albert Einstein did not create the Atomic bomb. That was
Robert J Oppenheimer. Einstein merely told them it was possible.
Subsequently Robert J Oppenheimer wrote "I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."

EDIT correction- Oppenheimer borrowed that quote .I think it's from an old text
V

jagman
16th July 2013, 21:46
I suggest the the real genius who understand, in a more profound level, the workings of the universe will be able to create devices that helps humanity. Like for example the great genius Nikola Tesla. So what are the inventions of Einstein?

Interesting you mention Nikcola Tesla. Coast to Coast is all about Tesla tonight.Little Known fact about Tesla is ,he never allowed a woman
who was in his presence to wear ear rings.

Bubu
16th July 2013, 23:37

Interesting you mention Nikcola Tesla. Coast to Coast is all about Tesla tonight.Little Known fact about Tesla is ,he never allowed a woman
who was in his presence to wear ear rings.

It is good to know that people are looking into the right place. I believe that Einstein like any other mainstreams are popularize by the elite so that people will look into his works instead of looking into the works of Tesla, which we all knew to have contributed greatly, not equaled by any, to the advancement of technology. So what are the contributions of Einstein, aside from the very inefficient ref., with co inventor, he made lots of theories that can't even teach me how to cook better.

If anyone benefited or knew of someone who benefited from Einstein theories please let us know.

DeDukshyn
17th July 2013, 00:39
I believe so, Yes.
There was a post here in Avalon that I have now lost.
It was about a young guy, his parents where told he would grow up but never even be able to tie his own shoe laces. Well he went to Uni and has a great mind.
point is he lectures and tell how he never learned anything he would just THINK.

He thought of deep things and when needed he would learn things to help his imagination. Not the other way around!!!
maybe someone has the link, I would like to see it again!!

Imagination is everything even before it is a thing :)

Thinking? What's that? Sorry I was too busy texting ...

good point
17th July 2013, 06:14
Imagination and love! That cannot be quantified, though divine love may perspire.

Tony
17th July 2013, 08:34
Imagination is a toy.

Imagination has absolutely no reality.
It's all in the mind.
We are in our imagination most of the time,
and that's the problem.

If you wish to just circle around in a dream,
then use imagination.
Imagination is images in the mind.

Knowledge is knowing.
Knowledge is used to recognise our true nature,
so it doesn't have to be imagined.

It all depends on what you value.

Sebastion
17th July 2013, 12:39
Imagination is a "tool" as well when used wisely....try to survive without it and see what happens.

Imagination is a toy.

Imagination has absolutely no reality.
It's all in the mind.
We are in our imagination most of the time,
and that's the problem.

If you wish to just circle around in a dream,
then use imagination.
Imagination is images in the mind.

Knowledge is knowing.
Knowledge is used to recognise our true nature,
so it doesn't have to be imagined.

It all depends on what you value.

music
17th July 2013, 13:53

Albert Einstein did not create the Atomic bomb. That was
Robert J Oppenheimer. Einstein merely told them it was possible.
Subsequently Robert J Oppenheimer wrote "I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."

EDIT correction- Oppenheimer borrowed that quote .I think it's from an old text
V

Chapter 11, Bhagavad Gita, two more correct translations would read:

"Doom am I, full-ripe, dealing death to the worlds, engaged in devouring mankind
Even without your slaying them not one of the warriors, ranged for battle against thee, shall survive."

"Thou seest Me as Time who kills,
Time who brings all to doom,
The Slayer Time, Ancient of Days, come hither to consume;
Excepting thee, of all these hosts of hostile chiefs arrayed,
There stands not one shall leave alive the battlefield!"

Sanskrit is not an easy language to translate, and many words have multi-layered meanings. In context of the entire chapter, Oppenheimer's quote is not entirely relevant, though contextually, the verse may appear germane.

Jake
17th July 2013, 14:05
As a musician,, what would I do if I did not have an imagination?? What good would any of the chords and scales do me, if I did not have my imagination to bring them to life? Knowledge is essential, yet worthless without imagination. (just a humble opinion.)

Jake.

music
17th July 2013, 14:08
Yep, knowledge is over-rated, and fairly subjective. Another musician rating imagination over knowledge :)

Wind
17th July 2013, 14:31
Music and imagination...

yRhq-yO1KN8

Tony
17th July 2013, 15:08
Imagination-thoughts can be an expression of essence,
or an expression of ego.

Essence is the reality.

When we die our fantasies will of no use.

Vitalux
17th July 2013, 15:26
Imagination can also be dangerous if based in fears.

Knowledge is, in my opinion, is like two sides of a coin when paired with Wisdom.

Knowledge is Information.
Wisdom is knowing what to do with the Information.
;)

donk
17th July 2013, 15:36
I wish I had a good version of this (kids’ song by Secret Agent 23 Skidoo), the studio version is great and all that’s online is bad quality live joints, but it is amazing how their imagination is exactly the same as mine when I was a kid…and makes you wonder if there’s ever been an “original thought”…I know I never had one in my life:

We got adventures on the ground
and the skies above
We got a rocket made of boxes
and a flying rug
We got a magic wand
disguised as a fly swatter
But don’t’ touch the floor
It’s hot lava
It’ll burn your feet up
but not dad and not mama
its hot lava….its hot lava…
In my backyard
there’s a jungle we can run through
and have an adventure
and some fun too
put on your muddy shoes
and take the first step
out the back door-
I know that looks like a deck
but that deck is a dock
where the riverboats stop awhile
and the river’s filled with piranhas
and crocodiles
OK, hop in now
Alright, we’re in the boat….
Oh no, this thing can’t float!
You can swim I hope!
Whew! We made it
that was a close call
but now we’re on the edge of a cliff!
Don’t fall!
See that old ball?
Grab it and throw it and hope it hits
it’s a magical
opening rope bridge
don’t get scared
don’t look down
OK, we made it
Whoa! look at this old book I found
It’s a map to the treasure
that’s been hidden
back since forever
We can find it and grab it together
go under this tree branch
now we’re in a cave
but wait! we got tricked!
now we’re in a cage!
grab that stick
now we got swords
I got mine-you got yours
Now we have to hit these locked doors
DSH! DSH!
Yes! We cracked it open!
But it’s too dark to see
here, drink this magic potion
what’s that glowing? and why’d it get a lot hotter?
Oh no! Look at the ground!
Its hot lava!
Chorus
Whoa! There’s some water on the ground!
You know what it means?
It means the kitchen is an ocean
where’s the submarine?
It’s the couch back there
get on a cushion
Ok, this is the captain’s chair…
stop pushin!
bbbbrrrpppttmm….
what is this?
It’s a pile of clothes
but under it is a sunken ship
and there’s no grey smoke…
oh yes there is!!
watch out for the explosion
Boom! It blew us out of the ocean!
Now the couch is floating!
Cause now it’s a spaceship
and you’re Chewbacca
no wait, I’m changing it-it’s a helicopter!
and there’s a sea monster
that looks like my dog
but watch out for her tongue
cause she’s a giant frog
and if she licks you she poisons you
cause she licks the toilet too
Eww! She licked me!
wait! I’m poison proof!
But still I gotta get her back!
Her days are done!
pass me that remote control
it’s a laser gun
DWEET! I made her disappear
See? she isn’t here!
Nuh uh, she didn’t walk away
I didn’t see her
Anyway, I’m bored of this
let’s get off the couch
Oh! I know!
Let’s see if we can cross the house
without touching the floor
it’s not water
anymore, it’ll burn you up
it’s hot lava!
Chorus

Tony
25th July 2013, 07:26
Imagination-thoughts can be an expression of essence,
or an expression of ego.

Essence is the reality.

When we die our fantasies will of no use.

I've been thinking about this.
From an ordinary view point, knowledge is experience gained from information.

From an extra-ordinary point of view, that knowledge in turn may become wisdom -
knowing one's true nature and that of everything else.

From an ordinary view point imagination is using information and creating
something which may be of material benefit.

From an extra-ordinary point of view, imagination is used by Tantric/Vajrayana
practitioners to visualise a Deity/Yidam for whom they have an affinity, such as
Chenrezig the lord of compassion. One imagines one is the Deity.

The point being at death they will recognise the Deity/Yidam as their true nature.
And, because they are practitioners who practise, their minds will not be distracted.

"There is more to the mind than meets the "I"
Tony