PDA

View Full Version : looking for work

firstlook
21st July 2013, 19:16
possibly landscaping or other related work. Living In Middlesex Massachusetts. under the table would be better as I don't have have my id or other papers right now. Just got out of jail for serving a sentence of 8 months for stealing for my drug habit. Want to work and stay clean. living in a tent right now which actually is stress free from trying to maintain an apartment.

Well Pm if you have any need of me or even advice.

Thanks,

Joe

spiritguide
21st July 2013, 19:55
Hope you get positive response / help from the post. Sending you positive intentions to continue the good fight for yourself.

Peace be with you!

turiya
21st July 2013, 20:05
Perhaps, you just may be a few steps ahead of most - living away from large urban areas, being more with nature, not so dependent on the present fiat money system, not so habituated in living a life full of conveniences. With a convenient life, one can do many things in an "automatic pilot" mode... without having much awareness.

Perhaps, starting out from the place where you are finding yourself, it may just be the best place to be, at least for the moment. Since you do have a "certain kind" of experience, just perhaps... you would be in a better position to advise others that are caught up in what you have already been through... a better position than someone who went to college to get a degree... because I really don't think colleges or universities give degrees for what you have been through... to gain the experiences that you have.

It takes a certain kind of intelligence to live in such a situation, on the street, and keep one's self-esteem. Homeless beggars can have an integrity, a certain honor, can have a 'distinguished' quality about themselves, that even people that live in large mansions are lacking, and will never be able to grasp. With a collapsing economy you may find more & more people that you will be meeting, or finding... or even coming your way... seeking advice and/or counseling.

Home is where the heart is...

Best regards - turiya :cool:

Debra
21st July 2013, 20:19
Wishing you the very best of luck Joe! I agree with Turiya that you could be invaluable in guiding others at this time and if you are confident as a landscaper as well - go offer your service there as well. Even if it means doing the first service as a trial to prove your integrity, trustworthiness and skills. Go forth with the same honest openness you bring to us here.

Shine !

Vitalux
21st July 2013, 20:22
Well Pm if you have any need of me or even advice.

Thanks,

Joe

Spiritual faith and prayer.

Source rewards those that are deserving.

GCS1103
21st July 2013, 20:37
If you have landscaping experience or something related to the housing business, you could scope out any building in your area where there is construction going on. Many contractors will hire on a daily basis if they are short of help. I don't know the area that you live in, but I can tell you that here in New Jersey, at the shore, they can't get enough people to work on the reconstruction of homes since Hurricane Sandy hit. It's not uncommon for contractors and sub-contractors to pay temporary help in cash.

If you're amenable to relocating, I would look at areas that are under-going major building and could use your services. Unlike many other industries, in construction, very few people would be interested in your past. You've paid your "debt" to society and you have just as much right to work as anyone else.

Flash
21st July 2013, 23:05
why do you have 2 threads going on on the same topic? It splits the attention given to your needs, I think it would be more fruitful to you if both threads were merged.

For a while, I thought I had a time slip, or changed timeline, or something, not seeing my post on your thread. lol

Bubu
22nd July 2013, 00:15
I was a bad ass myself, we are sort of happy go lucky so we fall into something dirty. From your post I can see that you're on way to evolution. Been there done that.

best wishes

eva08
22nd July 2013, 03:04
Blessings and wishing you the best

Violet
22nd July 2013, 03:12
Best of luck towards a better future.

Another1
22nd July 2013, 06:14
From GCS1103
Many contractors will hire on a daily basis if they are short of help. I don't know the area that you live in, but I can tell you that here in New Jersey, at the shore, they can't get enough people to work on the reconstruction of homes since Hurricane Sandy hit. It's not uncommon for contractors and sub-contractors to pay temporary help in cash.

During a construction boom in Austin long ago, a person could get hired off a street corner as day labor. The homeless and otherwise undocumented people knew where the corner was. Just being able to read a tape measure was often enough to get you offered $9 per hour cash. Often, once they saw you were worth something, a real job was offered.

Contractors get annoyed with people who only want to work till noon so they can buy a fix.
A man/woman trying to rebuild their life and willing to work is appreciated.