PDA

View Full Version : Is "time" continuing to speed up or am I just getting older?

Sloppyjoe
23rd July 2013, 16:50
For the past few years time has just gone out the window. I wake up around 8, do some stuff, go to the gym, and by the time I know it I'm rushing home to get ready for work at 4. I try to give myself time to get ready so I'm not rushed but the minutes end up going by so quickly that I end up rushing.

I'm not sure if it's some kind of phenomenon or that I'm just getting older. Older people always tell me that life ends up going by faster as you get older, probably because most people get 9-5 jobs and waste their lives away. I don't want to go that route, it's slavery.

Time is truly my greatest enemy.

Flash
23rd July 2013, 16:53
................both......................... speeding up AND getting older, time perception being a proportional subset of the whole (all time on earth in this lifetime).

Sloppyjoe
23rd July 2013, 16:56
................both......................... speeding up AND getting older, time perception being a proportional subset of the whole (all time on earth in this lifetime).

I swear it feels like one day time is going to go by so fast that it wont even exist anymore lol.

jiminii
23rd July 2013, 17:13

I swear it feels like one day time is going to go by so fast that it wont even exist anymore lol.

yes ...speeding very fast ... but you don't need to agree to the older part ... since we are speeding up .. we should be getting younger ....(I mean the bodies) .. because the higher vibrations ... will create it ... I only recommend getting in a place where there is lots of fresh air and natural grown foods ... (that's why I am in asia) ... but you don't need to agree to getting older .. my body is healing here ... before I had trouble walking and now I am walking good ... we have to just change our minds to the idea .. that the faster this place speeds up the younger we will get

jim

ghostrider
23rd July 2013, 17:26
the only difference between yesterday and today is the earth turned on it' axis one time around ...it's all the same day ... yesterday is still going on right now ...

donk
23rd July 2013, 17:50
I always think of Stephen King's "My Pretty Pony" when this topic comes up...I remember it as one page out of "Nightmares & Dreamscapes", but hadn't read any King in probably a decade or two--so when I went to look it up, I found this...Jerry Garcia reading a version I hadn't heard:

U_jyCHdMEec

conk
23rd July 2013, 18:15
When you are 10 years old one year is 1/10 of your existence on Earth. When you are 50 a year is now a much smaller percentage of your time on Earth, 1/50. This makes a year seem to go by much, much faster as you age. It's all relative to your experience in time.

Let's hope Jim's ideas are the true cause of the perceived effect. ;)

Sloppyjoe
23rd July 2013, 22:36

yes ...speeding very fast ... but you don't need to agree to the older part ... since we are speeding up .. we should be getting younger ....(I mean the bodies) .. because the higher vibrations ... will create it ... I only recommend getting in a place where there is lots of fresh air and natural grown foods ... (that's why I am in asia) ... but you don't need to agree to getting older .. my body is healing here ... before I had trouble walking and now I am walking good ... we have to just change our minds to the idea .. that the faster this place speeds up the younger we will get

jim

I live in a location that has high pollution every single day, it's yucky.

Justintime
24th July 2013, 02:45
Try not to look at time as your greatest enemy, rather think of it as nothing at all.

To me though the speed of time is always relative to what I'm doing, but yeah I started to notice the appearance of time moving faster and faster in my 20's.

ghostrider
24th July 2013, 02:49
Time as we count it , is speeding up , once a week I set my digital clock in my vehicle, by the end of the week it's five minutes fast and it a high end set up, never did that until this year ...once it gets five minutes ahead, it stays right on the mark each day, exactly five minutes ahead , I gave up trying to figure it out ...so in the illusion of the matrix at least for me, time is five minutes ahead ... lol

Craig
24th July 2013, 04:23
I do believe there is a general quickening around us, hard to explain, I seem to feel each minute pass me by but then all of a sudden it is in July and Christmas felt like yesterday? But if you are looking towards something special in the future then time seems to slow for that, whilst everything else seems to fly by?

Completely strange to me, not as strange as ghost riders car clock, that does seem strange especially if the car radio can pick up the results of various gambling activities 5 mins ahead!

Amanda
24th July 2013, 04:26
My understanding of time seeming faster is that we are evolving. Think of a journey - particularly a holiday or going somewhere you anticipate will be pleasurable - the journey there always seems to be slow and yet returning is far quicker. Apply that to the fact that humans are 'coming home' as it were and the phenomena called 'the quickening' makes sense.

Remember from Childhood - in the back seat of the car - "Are we nearly there yet??" Well according to some sources we are on our way 'home' and that is why time seems faster. I have read recently that a huge chunk of our history was removed and that this has distorted our actual sense of time. Our hidden history evinces this quite clearly when you look at dinosaurs and giant skeletal remains. Things that make you go hmmm....

rgray222
24th July 2013, 04:39
You can slow down time if you want to, treat time like a good friend and not an enemy. If you view time as and enemy it is a battle that you will never win. Be careful, if your only 22 and you have not found a way to come to terms with time you might vaporize before you reach 30! (lol)
Good luck

Fred Steeves
24th July 2013, 10:18
For the past few years time has just gone out the window. I wake up around 8, do some stuff, go to the gym, and by the time I know it I'm rushing home to get ready for work at 4. I try to give myself time to get ready so I'm not rushed but the minutes end up going by so quickly that I end up rushing.

There is certainly something to this malleable time thing Sloppyjoe, and it's a subject often discussed here. But there are other variables to consider as well. Like, perhaps you tend to be a hopeless procrastinator just like me. :nod: "I've got time, I've got time...Oh s**t I'm late!"

Ba-ba-Ra
24th July 2013, 15:30
According to many interpreters of the Mayan Calendar, time is compressing, which is making us feel as if it's speeding up.

Compressing= less=not enough.

go to www.calleman.com if you'd like the long explanation.

On the other hand, if you realize that time is an illusion (just think of all the things that can happen in dream-time in just 5 minutes awake time) then you can expand it. But you must believe that you can, then think you can then say the words. Before you dismiss this, begin practicing for a while, but as others posted, you must first let go of not having enough of it.

skippy
24th July 2013, 17:04
According to many interpreters of the Mayan Calendar, time is compressing, which is making us feel as if it's speeding up.
Here a sortlike interpretation of time compression by Jay Weidner: "The Topology of Time" (http://www.jayweidner.com/2012Topology.html)

The Golden Age is the time period that starts at the null point in the center of the sphere and continues through the bottom vortex. As the energy flow expands outwards time appears to slow down. The entire period of the Satya Yuga, or the Golden Age, continues as the energy flow goes down the bottom vortex and rounds across the top of the sphere. It continues expanding until it arrives at the equator (see illustration). The equator of the outside of the hyperdimensional sphere is the borderline between the Satya Yuga and Treta Yuga, or the Golden Age and the Silver Age. Now the energy flow begins to contract as it flows upwards towards the north pole of the hypersphere. The Silver Age, or the Treta Yuga, continues until the energy flow rounds the top lip of the hyperdimensional sphere and begins to fall into the upper tetrahedral vortex. This then is the borderline between the Treta Yuga and the Dvapara Yuga, or the border between the Silver Age and the Bronze Age.

About two thirds down in the upper vortex, where the energy flow is spinning so fast that it becomes as solid as iron, is beginning of the last Age, the Kali Yuga, or the Iron Age. This spinning continues to gain density and compression and speed as it races towards the central null point in the very center of the sphere. As it approaches this null point the forces become unbelievably fast, violent and dense. It is only when these forces achieve maximum density and they can no longer compress any further that they begin to suddenly flip and begin the expansion of the flow. This happens in an instant. This is the shift from the Iron Age, or the Kali Yuga to the Golden Age, or the Satya Yuga. The borderline between the Iron Age and the Golden Age is the most distinct border in this topographical illustration of hyperdimensional time. It is the most jarring and is instantaneous.

The Iron Age, or the Kali Yuga, is the Age in which we live. The flipping point is also called the end-of times. At an individual level it is possible to move beyond the cylce of time or so to speak with some lyrics of the Talking Heads: "Time isn't holding us. Time isn't after us.."

http://www.jayweidner.com/images/IllustrationG.gif

Tony
24th July 2013, 17:11
Remember time only relates to things that change.
Space is not a thing, therefore space has no time.

Likewise inner space (our essential nature) is also
not a thing, therefore not governed by time.

Time is relative, not absolute.

Tony