PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Local Avalon Members

whenyournex2me
24th July 2013, 03:09
Well, to be honest, I keep coming here to the community cause I feel I fit in with the open mindedness and willingness to communicate new ideas and thoughts. I am wondering if there is ever a meetup for locals?

If there could be a section for local meetups etc, that may help.

What Im in need of is meeting some people from the community regularly. It would be great for me to reach out at meet someone that is open and free and awake...

If anyone is around the Grass Valley, CA area and would like to meet for tea and talks, I would love it! Let me know! :cool2:

shadowstalker
24th July 2013, 03:12
I'm still looking for folks in Conn.... So good luck, I hope you can hook up with some one.

ghostrider
24th July 2013, 03:17
if I were in cali, your on ... now were talking , take it to the next level ... change our world ... sidebar I am king at breakfast making, the best pancakes in North America ... I would love to make a huge breakfast for everyone one day ... anyone one near Tulsa , let me know ...

Marianne
24th July 2013, 03:32
There are 28 ground crews on Avalon, from all over the world.

Here's a link to the pages where anyone interested can check and see if there's a ground crew for your area.

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/group.php?cat=2

Best wishes for finding like-minded folks!

marlowe
24th July 2013, 03:33
Austin Texas here.....
Mainly looking for conversation.....prefer female company actually. {joke}>>I'm a lesbian trapped in the body of an attractive older man....Not interested in sports,or other men type stuff...Prefer books & doom predictions...Doom makes be grateful for the time I have left..:nod:
be advised ......I'm fascinated by Comet ISON

& how it seems to fit with a Nostradamus quatrain..

Here>>> http://ultimatesurvival.net/?p=2539

Nice calm 7 minute video...:)

shadowstalker
24th July 2013, 03:56
Austin Texas here.....
Mainly looking for conversation.....prefer female company actually. {joke}>>I'm a lesbian trapped in the body of an attractive older man....Not interested in sports,or other men type stuff...Prefer books & doom predictions...Doom makes be grateful for the time I have left..:nod:
be advised ......I'm fascinated by Comet ISON

& how it seems to fit with a Nostradamus quatrain..

Here>>> http://ultimatesurvival.net/?p=2539

Nice calm 7 minute video...:)
I lived in Austin for 7 yrs and moved back up here a yr and a half ago. GRRR..

donk
24th July 2013, 04:21
Well shadow, you seem to be about the closest to me so far, although I gotta think PA or NY or NJ or even maybe MD or VA representing? I gotta think I'm the only the Delawarian...

My ex lived in Grass Valley a bit growing up. No east coast ground crew??

shadowstalker
24th July 2013, 04:25
Ya we have all been trying to do this sort of thing for a while now, all but a no-go thus far...

donk
24th July 2013, 04:38
It's so funny, when I'm out west I'll drive 3 hours to visit friends (used to go to Portland from Bend, OR almost every weekend I lived there...and plan trips that are like 6 hours (Seattle or Ketchum, ID).

Here on the east coast, it's a hassle to drive 45 mins (Philadelphia) to 2 hours (D.C., NY) and anything over 3 is inconceivable.

Oh what a difference having kids makes...remember that all you that love to travel...just the expense of them jacks you up...

shadowstalker
24th July 2013, 04:40
It's so funny, when I'm out west I'll drive 3 hours to visit friends (used to go to Portland from Bend, OR almost every weekend I lived there...and plan trips that are like 6 hours (Seattle or Ketchum, ID).

Here on the east coast, it's a hassle to drive 45 mins (Philadelphia) to 2 hours (D.C., NY) and anything over 3 is inconceivable.

Oh what a difference having kids makes...remember that all you that love to travel...just the expense of them jacks you up...

Oh man I love travel , and kids are grown , mwahahaha lol.. cash flow sux more now then when i was raising the kids lol aint that a kick

earthadvocate
24th July 2013, 13:11
For some reason I do not have access to this link?

RUSirius
24th July 2013, 13:16
Floridians? I'll be there in six months...just a thought

Dom1noe
24th July 2013, 13:35
Czech Republic by any chance? :horn:

Marianne
24th July 2013, 13:58
For some reason I do not have access to this link?

Do you mean the ground crew pages link?
Hmm, you should have access to it, all Avalon members should. What happens when you click on it?

You can also go to it directly from the front page or forum page. Up at the top there's a tab called Groups -- it takes you to the page listing all groups. Go to the bottom, on the right side, and you'll see a list of Categories. One of them is Ground Crew (28). Clicking on that will take you to the same page as the link.

There are 3 pages of Ground Crews. Note there are two different ones for the Midwest area of the US.

earthadvocate, I see you are in New England ... as I recall, there used to be one for that area ... maybe Massachusetts. But I don't see it in the list now, maybe it was deactivated. There are some wonderful New Englanders on Avalon ... maybe someone should start a New England Ground Crew?

Kimberley
24th July 2013, 14:08
25 miles north of Boston here... :grouphug:

william r sanford72
24th July 2013, 14:13
IOWA.anybody near us sanfords??..our door is always open.

Justintime
24th July 2013, 15:07
Floridians? I'll be there in six months...just a thought

Land O Lakes Florida here, I'm 20 miles northeast of tampa, but I'd be willing to go a few hours a way for lots of coffee and conversation about most of the subjects discussed here. :cool:

EC1000
24th July 2013, 17:25
Ya we have all been trying to do this sort of thing for a while now, all but a no-go thus far...

Hi there-I'm in central MA. Would love to meet and/or hang out with some like minded individuals sometime.

shadowstalker
24th July 2013, 17:59

Hi there-I'm in central MA. Would love to meet and/or hang out with some like minded individuals sometime.
Oh crap I forgot to post that I don't drive, I am scared to death of being behind the wheel. sorry about that. ( I feel bad now :( )

EC1000
24th July 2013, 19:12

Oh crap I forgot to posy that I don't drive, I am scared to death of being behind the wheel. sorry about that. ( I feel bad now :( )

don't feel bad. driving in New England can be terrifying at times! Doesn't rule everything out though

=[Post Update]=

25 miles north of Boston here... :grouphug:

We're pretty close then. I'm at work in Framingham right now. Maybe something can work out over time!

shadowstalker
24th July 2013, 19:14
LOL the best I can do Is save gas money for you for a day trip..lol

EC1000
24th July 2013, 19:20
LOL the best I can do Is save gas money for you for a day trip..lol

lol. seriously though maybe over the next few weeks we can work something out. Things are tight for me too at the moment and I am not able to get on here as much as I'd like so if you don't see me around for a bit don't think I've forgotten. Kimberly on page one is close by too. There must be others as well. I no longer have anyone in my life I can really talk to about the things that are discussed on Avalon so it would be awesome to make some friends.

ceetee9
24th July 2013, 19:47
Anyone interested in getting together from the North Dallas, TX area? I know there are at least two of you who live near me.

Another1
24th July 2013, 20:04
Like the girl sang long ago, "... I ride my bike, I rollerskate don't drive no car ..."
but the door is always open if someone is to drive this far.
Am about 1.5 hour drive north of Dallas and south of Tulsa.

Used to scare friends by taking trips to meet people from the internet.
Many were certain I would end up in someone's freezer. *LOL*
Favorite daydream now is to RV across the country and meet as many as possible while still on planet.

Kimberley
24th July 2013, 20:32
Another1 I have had the great pleaser to be able to meet up with internet friends over the past few years. And have even had some of them come stay at my home. I have 2 daughters 21 & 17. At first they thought I was crazy doing that because they have been so mind washed at school to be fearful.

Now they have met some fabulous people that view the world in a similar way as their mother does.

EC1000 & Shadowwalker PM me and maybe I could pick up EC and drive to conn. :grouphug:

Another1
24th July 2013, 20:50
Another1 I have had the great pleaser to be able to meet up with internet friends over the past few years. And have even had some of them come stay at my home. I have 2 daughters 21 & 17. At first they thought I was crazy doing that because they have been so mind washed at school to be fearful.

Now they have met some fabulous people that view the world in a similar way as their mother does.

EC1000 & Shadowwalker PM me and maybe I could pick up EC and drive to conn. :grouphug:

It's been my pleasure to meet many people from the internet.

Last time someone dropped by we talked for 3 days. :)

UpToLight
24th July 2013, 21:06
I'm now in Eilat, Israel for 1.5 month. I don't think there is anyone here from forum:ohwell:

Flash
25th July 2013, 02:17
I'm now in Eilat, Israel for 1.5 month. I don't think there is anyone here from forum:ohwell:is

Distances are short in Israel. So yes, you have someone: Limor. But I do not know in which city she lives (my guts feeling is Tel Aviv, but I could not swear by it)

Flash
25th July 2013, 02:25
Personally, I met Nat-Lee, we now have a small ritual of dining on Friday nights (done twice), old girls type. She lives at 15 minutes drive from me. Lots of fun, she is truly great, huge heart, very good artist (singer) and beautiful one year old son. Next time we are going to a Turkish restaurant and I will order, knowing the Turkish cuisine quite well (I lived in Turkey for 4 years).

Truly, it is made easier because we know we do not have to hide the fringe stuff in our lifes or our thinking. From that experience, I would not mind meeting other Avalonians.

I am not a big chatter or skyper, in fact quite reserve most of the time, on public spaces like forums. It is opening me up a little.

Flash
25th July 2013, 02:45
New Englanders, when you feel for a week end in French, in Montreal, give me a shout.

I often go in New England states too.

Montrealers or quebecers, it would be a pleasure to meet you too.

Flash