PDA

View Full Version : Energetic Cording and Letting Go

Mark
24th July 2013, 04:56
Sometimes, you just have to let some people go. The particulars of your decision are not as important as is the realization that the time of your direct, mutual interaction is done. There comes a time when it is realized that there is little to be gained by maintaining a connection that does not serve your own personal evolution. When it is understood that there is little to be gained by continued engagement. There may have been disagreements, fights and even hatred. There may even have been no real discord at all. But that recognition of a lack of mutual resonance – a cacophonic and disharmonic feeling that something is not quite right – was and is enough to warrant a shift in direction that does not include that individual.

Trust, in that moment of choice, that the other person feels the same way. That they have sensed the lack of connection as well. Move on, move higher, move beyond. Do not look back except to integrate the experience and the lessons, applying them where necessary and being thankful for the opportunity to share growth with another soul on a parallel – but divergent – journey through space and time.

Sometimes it is not clear when the incision in the relationship should be made. In those instances, where there is doubt about whether or not the relationship should end, it is important to examine the reasons why the first impression is being reconsidered. If it has anything to do with material factors, job, money, prestige, or emotional entanglements like mutual friends, family or history, release those considerations and consider the matter anew from the point of your realization that the relationship no longer works.

Once the clarity of the moment has informed your contemplation, it will become clear to you exactly why the decision to sever the psychic cording has arisen. The process of psychic cording refers to the ethereal connections we make to other people, from lovers to family to friends, acquaintances and even enemies. It is an energetic form of quantum connection that is dynamic and instantaneous, communicating emotions and impressions on a constant basis that keep us subconsciously tied to those so corded. It is a method of channeling energy and having that energy channeled from you. It is always a choice.

That choice is one that can be made consciously but that demands intention in its full resolution. Energetic cording can be severed by willful visualization and emotively-powered fulmination. See the cording severed. Feel the connection dissipate into the aether. Intend no ill, just conscious, deliberate cessation.

Ultima Thule
24th July 2013, 05:28
Perhaps the grounds for letting go of a relationship are just as you iterated. I do however see a possibility in there to dismiss a perfectly needed and suitable relationship on, if based on:

"But that recognition of a lack of mutual resonance – a cacophonic and disharmonic feeling that something is not quite right – was and is enough to warrant a shift in direction that does not include that individual."

I see it as very possible that just what you describe there are the very grounds to maintain that relationship. It might just be that once the feeling of disharmonious feeling is said mutually out loud, a new connection may be found - tuning the resonation into accord.

UT

Mark
24th July 2013, 05:42
I see it as very possible that just what you describe there are the very grounds to maintain that relationship. It might just be that once the feeling of disharmonious feeling is said mutually out loud, a new connection may be found - tuning the resonation into accord.

It is all about choice. If there is the belief that by continuing a disharmonic relationship and attempting to transmute it if some benefit to all parties involved can be found, then there is potential value there. The Hermetists state with their principle of polarity that everything is just degrees of one thing, so hate can be turned into love and vice versa. So it is most certainly possible.

I suspect that most people have had the experience of knowing a relationship is done, though. When it is time to move on. And can relate to cutting cords when they feel it is necessary.

Star Tsar
24th July 2013, 07:53
Rahkyt thank you for this thread!!!

:yu::rockon::high5:

DNA
24th July 2013, 14:15
We have celestial over seers, folks who are constantly trying to help us actualize what we were incarnated to do.

Sometimes these spiritual coordinators of a most intimate nature send us messages through synchronicities and omens in the hopes of ever so slightly alerting us to an important fork in the road.

For reasons not ussually known to us a certain person or persons can keep us from actualizing the destiny with the greatest potential for learning, growth and happiness.
We are fragile in the respect of ego and person, often times we are not aware of how we are affected and or anchored to a lesser aspect of ourselves by someone who has known us a great deal.
It is those who have known us who keep us from evolving by demanding our ego personify to what is known to them.
The relationship often times cannot work if you alter the interpersonal dynamics.
Sometimes the cords themselves act as unconscious puppet strings forcing our behavior to accomodate some one else's desires.

Sometimes we can no longer be who we have been in order to take advantage of the new path that is open before us.
It is at these times that our guardian angels begin to virtually scream with sychronicities and enviornmental agreements that we should part with this person and indeed cut the cord that has kept such a union so intimate.

Best Wishes
And a speedy recovery

EC1000
24th July 2013, 17:13
Thanks for your thread. I am going through a hard divorce that I do not want and have been having a hard time letting go. Seems that energetic cord is wrapped right around my heart-tightly. I will think about what you have written.

donk
24th July 2013, 17:26
Nice post...one thing that I would like to add: I found it is not healthy to be in a relationship when these cords can even be that entangled, where it is difficult to let go.

A responsible person will recognize that what a truly loving relationship is: one where when it feels like it is not positive for one or the other (usually both), you know that the loving to do is to let it go, and have no fear in doing so. Otherwise, it is not love, it is co-dependency.

It is rare that you will find someone who has transcended the co-dependency program (one that took 30+ years for me and requires constant vigilance to keep up), so it is near impossible to not enter into one...but recognizing, and making it clear (through open honesty, the key to any relationship) to the other that is what it is, and what you will need to be working through to make it healthy, is definitely rewarding. It requires patience, automatic honesty, and true love--of self and others.

Mark
24th July 2013, 17:41
Hi there, DNA, thank you for adding that wonderful addition, taking it deeper. That is what I hoped for by opening up this space to discuss the energetic nature of our relationships, because, as you stated, they can sometimes constrict our potentiality to the extent that our spiritual development is stunted.

We have celestial over seers, folks who are constantly trying to help us actualize what we were incarnated to do.

Sometimes these spiritual coordinators of a most intimate nature send us messages through synchronicities and omens in the hopes of ever so slightly alerting us to an important fork in the road.

It has been one of the greatest realizations of the New Age that what Was, Is, and Shall Be Again. That our paths continue onward past what we generally consider the End, death. That spirits hang around, that, since we are in essence infinite and eternal shards of the All experiencing materiality, we are essentially higher beings confined within materiality in order to undergo the intense process of spiritual evolution in the company of others who have made the same choice. Young Souls, Old Souls, Walk-ins, Incarnates/Starseeds, we all interact for the express purpose of fast-tracking development and growth and we are not alone in this even at the higher levels of dimensionality. Whether you deem them Honored Ancestors, Guardian Angels, aspects of the Higher Self, Names of God, whatever, the Love, intimate knowledge of who we are in essence and protection at higher levels is indeed the gift that they bestow upon us.

They appreciate acknowledgement. Conversation. Even asking for help, protection, benefits. Some traditions have ritualized this in elaborate Ancestor ceremonies and offerings, Angelic languages (Enochian) and magical traditions that seek often to take advantage of these relationships in formal ways. But it is something that can and should be done at the individual level.

Sometimes we can no longer be who we have been in order to take advantage of the new path that is open before us.

This is the key point and your discussion has explicated upon it very directly. It is as simple as belief, sometimes. I may no longer believe that politics is important. No longer watch the news stations and the talking heads, instead, just concentrating upon my meditation, yoga and eating healthy. My best friend since childhood thinks I've gone crazy. Refuses to understand.

Even if the relationship slowly peters out and you no longer see or interact with that person, there is still a lifetime's worth of cording implicit and quantum communication keeps the connection between you active, so that, at the sub-conscious level, whenever you think about them and emotion is raised, that energy is moved between you as if you were still connected, because you are. Connected by memory, by choice. If the relationship has ended with relative peace, then there may not necessarily be a need to uncord that individual. But, if there was animus, or that person now holds ill thoughts of you or about you, then that cording may be energetically constricting your potentialities in ways that you never believed were possible.

When there is a large number of such cordings and they are of a negative energetic nature, your path can actually be blocked by the sheer force of ill will coming from those people in your past that still think of you, badly, that are still connected to you, by their choice and yours.

Mike
24th July 2013, 17:41
great thread!

I think one automatically thinks of romantic relationships here, but as Rahkyt said, it applies in all relationships.

ive had to sever links with several friends in the past few years. its awkward: with a woman you break up, but with your male friends its quite the delicate issue. I never made a formal announcement (maybe I should have), I just allowed the relationships to fizzle out. perhaps a cowardly approach, but all I was capable of at the time.

Casteneda says some interesting things about severing ties with your past. he calls it "erasing personal history". and the gist of it is, you become programmed to act as the people around you might expect you to act. in effect, you become a performer. severing ties with unhealthy relationships allows one to become unburdened by others' thoughts and expectations.

I felt, personally, that I had to lower myself to make some of these relationships function. I know how pretentious that sounds, but if you met some of my friends, you'd quickly realize that this statement isn't nearly as self-aggrandizing as it seems to be;). I felt sluggish in their presence - mentally and physically. there was really no room for intellectual or spiritual discourse, and when there was it was only superficial. it wore on me...and I finally had to let them go. feelings were hurt, and I felt badly about that, but at the end of the day I really had no choice.

Mark
24th July 2013, 17:53
Thanks for your thread. I am going through a hard divorce that I do not want and have been having a hard time letting go. Seems that energetic cord is wrapped right around my heart-tightly. I will think about what you have written.

Hi, EC, I am sorry to hear about your situation. As someone who has been through a divorce as well, I can understand to some degree how you feel. That it was not your choice, I know makes it harder. My situation was mutual, after a decade of energetic vampirism and negativity, but at the same time, intense personal and spiritual growth. It does seem to be true that hard experience allows one to achieve higher potentialities if the will is there and if the lessons are learned, processed and applied.

Which, again, is one of the primary reasons why we are down here in the first place. Just to go through these things. To have these hard experiences. To grow. To evolve. To be able to pinpoint our own personal inconsistencies and delusions, to accept them, correct them and move forward, spiraling higher each time into total awareness and activation of our full potentiality.

This process may take time. It is a visualization process and practice makes perfect. Some people can visualize easily, others cannot at all. So, visualizing the cording, feeling it at the same time, all of the emotion, the heartache, the pain connected to it, seeing it floating away from you out into the aether, a tenous, milky strand of light, wavering and ephemeral, then severing it, simultaneously feeling a surge of release, of ending, is something that may have to be done multiple times in order for it to finally take.

And, of course, still having to see that person comes with its potentialities of re-cording, or even new cords forming as the relationship shifts into something else. The process can be lengthy or it can be short. Much of it depends also upon where a person is at in their own developmental stage of spiritual evolution. For those who have meditated for years and their visualization, intentional and energetic focus is strong, it can be shorter and more emphatic, to the degree that the person un-corded can actually feel the abrupt shift in relational energetics.

Depending upon if the relationship is cordial, or even adversarial, they may even call or visit, demanding to know something, they don't even know what. They may call on another pretext, but rest assured, they felt the shift. They have noticed, within themselves, that something fundamental about the relationship has changed.

All best to you along this journey, EC.

northstar
24th July 2013, 17:58
Most people are not even aware of energetic cords. If you are not aware of it, you can't sever it. Other people who are aware of cords are often hesitant to cut them, fearing that the relationship connection will be severed also. You can have a malign cording situation, cut the cords (and make sure they do not reattach) and you can find that the actual relationship between you and the person who corded you begins to heal. That is a best case scenario, of course.

I'm a bit troubled by the idea that if you are having relationship issues with someone, the answer is freeze that person out of your life forever. Sometimes that is appropriate, for example if the person has a severe personality disorder such as psychopathy, or if you have done your inner work and your discernment says it is over, but often "troublesome" people are put into our lives as blessings, to help us examine and heal our own shadow contents.

Nasty, crappy people can be our best allies and best teachers. I cut all ties with the rotten people who showed up in my life and the same type of people continued showing up in my life doing the same thing until I actually learned the underlying message (about myself!) that they were there to teach me.

Etheric cords are interesting and complex. Most cords originate in really close, intense relationships, most often from family of origin and close romantic relationships. Cords can be inherited through genetic lines, cords can stay with us from past lives. When I do shamanic sessions for people sometimes I see cords, especially if an unhealthy cording situation is affecting them negatively. Sometimes they are thick and black, sometimes they are thin and look like light tubes, and they almost always attach to a chakra.

When I cut them I put measures in place to ensure they do not reattach, but it is common for cut cords to reattach. It can take persistence and the willingness to do the inner work, to cut them and make sure they don't reattach.

Rose Rosetree wrote a great book about cutting energetic cords. This is a link to her website. http://www.rose-rosetree.com/blog/tag/cut-energetic-cord/

Finally, even though cords can be cut and stay cut, be aware that even if you chose to cut all connections with a person, you can retain a connection of divine impersonal love on a spiritual level. This can be comforting for people who need to permanently get away from situations in which they were badly abused by people close to them (such as parents) and they feel conflicted. It can be comforting to know that on a divine level they are connected to that person by pure love.

Mark
24th July 2013, 18:18
Casteneda says some interesting things about severing ties with your past. he calls it "erasing personal history". and the gist of it is, you become programmed to act as the people around you might expect you to act. in effect, you become a performer. severing ties with unhealthy relationships allows one to become unburdened by others' thoughts and expectations.

Hey Chinaski, BIG fan of Casteneda here so I'm glad you brought him up. In addition to the erasing of personal history, there is also what Don Juan called Recapitulation, or the Life Review. Going back through a lifetime's experiencing and finding all of the instances in a life that have resulted in the creation of the personality matrix and the creating of these ties that bind and often constrict, long past the time that their useful nature has been passed. The process Casteneda described, of becoming a "Man/Woman of Power" is the extreme form, equivalent to the Enlightenment process, which is the next level for those on the spiritual path. It is inevitably the destiny of all who incarnate to step onto and walk this Pathless Path, but many are not ready yet and that is as it should be.

Energetic de-cording can be done by people at any stage of their development, more or less easily, depending upon their own personal practice and capabilities.

I felt, personally, that I had to lower myself to make some of these relationships function. I know how pretentious that sounds, but if you met some of my friends, you'd quickly realize that this statement isn't nearly as self-aggrandizing as it seems to be;). I felt sluggish in their presence - mentally and physically. there was really no room for intellectual or spiritual discourse, and when there was it was only superficial. it wore on me...and I finally had to let them go. feelings were hurt, and I felt badly about that, but at the end of the day I really had no choice.

All the signs of a lack of concurrent development among the group of people that you were interacting with. Those hurt feelings were acknowledgement of what is mundane to us, it is easy - for some - to feel when people have disconnected from you. Many of us have experienced it. When we have de-corded from somebody in a romantic relationship or a long friendship as you describe it is often typified by ambivalence and sometimes even an almost physical recoiling effect, whereby we no longer even feel comfortable in their presence. So it is a natural phenomenon, really, one that can be employed effectively and consciously in order to release those last strands of connection that may even still be cording you to those people. By feeling bad about it, by having some residual emotional connection, this is revealing that there is still some aspect of you that is connected to these people. Once that is severed, consciously, there should be an even sensation of completion that arises to take its place. If one is so inclined spiritually to do so, the end of the cord can be cauterized by Love and Best Wishes for that person, although sending that energy to them is not the best course of action, but allowing that feeling and intention to suffuse your field (aura, mental and causal bodies), thereby creating an impermeable layer of positivity that can act in part to protect you in the future from further energetic encroachments.

Mark
24th July 2013, 18:32
Most people are not even aware of energetic cords. If you are not aware of it, you can't sever it.

In my experience, people can do it to a greater or lesser extent naturally. It seems to be a part of our human energetic potentiality.

Other people who are aware of cords are often hesitant to cut them, fearing that the relationship connection will be severed also.

That is very true and something to be considered when engaging in this. It is possible to regulate certain parts of a relationship through the cording that can sever some aspects of a relationship without releasing the entire thing.

You can have a malign cording situation, cut the cords (and make sure they do not reattach) and you can find that the actual relationship between you and the person who corded you begins to heal. That is a best case scenario, of course.

It is indeed. Often, when the cord is cut and you allow a new one to replace it, the relationship is reset on a new energetic basis and dependent upon what you allow and disallow as far as emotional entanglements are concerned. This can be the basis of that Hermetic transmutation of like things of opposite polarity, as mentioned earlier and the relationship can become a positive and evolutionary expression moving forward.

If, and it is a big if, both parties are consciously aware of what they are doing. If only one is, many of the old issues may resurface for re-consideration.

I'm a bit troubled by the idea that if you are having relationship issues with someone, the answer is freeze that person out of your life forever. Sometimes that is appropriate, for example if the person has a severe personality disorder such as psychopathy, or if you have done your inner work and your discernment says it is over, but often "troublesome" people are put into our lives as blessings, to help us examine and heal our own shadow contents.

Casteneda and Don Juan called the "Petty Tyrants" and they can be very, very beneficial to growth. They help to sublimate the ego, as you place yourself under their power and allow them to perform their depredations upon you and your life. But there is also the aspect of allowing emotional and psychic vampirism to occur and it is in these cases, where one may be suffering from some sort of sacrificial complex, that complete de-cording can be considered. And, again, not everybody is ready for these lessons. Knowing that it is a choice can lead to some conscious direction in a life and evolutionary path and that is an important realization and milestone upon the path to full awareness.

The way life seems to work is that it brings us exactly what we need. So, even if we de-cord from one Petty Tyrant or Psychopath, if there is a specific lesson that that one was bringing to us that had to do with helping us to remove certain personality and spiritual blockages that were preventing our growth, we will experience others along the way that will bring the same lesson to us in the same way or in a slightly different way.

Nasty, crappy people can be our best allies and best teachers. I cut all ties with the rotten people who showed up in my life and the same type of people continued showing up in my life doing the same thing until I actually learned the underlying message (about myself!) that they were there to teach me.

And you said the exact same thing already. Doh!

Finally, even though cords can be cut and stay cut, be aware that even if you chose to cut all connections with a person, you can retain a connection of divine impersonal love on a spiritual level. This can be comforting for people who need to permanently get away from situations in which they were badly abused by people close to them (such as parents) and they feel conflicted. It can be comforting to know that on a divine level they are connected to that person by pure love.

Indeed. Very well said and thank you so much for contributing to the thread! Hope you continue to check it out and add your experience. Bless!

Mark
24th July 2013, 18:56
Hi Donk,

Nice post...one thing that I would like to add: I found it is not healthy to be in a relationship when these cords can even be that entangled, where it is difficult to let go.

There is an energetic exchange going on there that might not be that healthy at all, yes, that is so. At some point, someone has to do something to change things. If material events don't result in a physical separation first, then the move has to be made to shift the relationship into something else, or get rid of it entirely. A hard decision to make, when there are deep emotions on both side that are keeping folks entangled.

A responsible person will recognize that what a truly loving relationship is: one where when it feels like it is not positive for one or the other (usually both), you know that the loving to do is to let it go, and have no fear in doing so. Otherwise, it is not love, it is co-dependency.

Well said. The responsible one, in this case, would be the one with the deeper insight, or, even if not that, the intentionality to be able to determine the characteristics of the relationship and the entanglement on both sides, and have the capacity to see the way forward. But, again, those emotions, rising up to re-engage, require both people involved to work through exactly what is at issue between them and come to an understanding of each of their culpability in the matter, in allowing the relationship to get to this point in the first place. Such entanglement usually means both parties are equally engaged in negative and vampiric back-and-forths, vacuuming each others energy in emotionally violent gulps.

It is rare that you will find someone who has transcended the co-dependency program (one that took 30+ years for me and requires constant vigilance to keep up), so it is near impossible to not enter into one...but recognizing, and making it clear (through open honesty, the key to any relationship) to the other that is what it is, and what you will need to be working through to make it healthy, is definitely rewarding. It requires patience, automatic honesty, and true love--of self and others.

Indeed. Conscious and uplifting relationships, between people on intentional and growth-oriented paths of personal development. The best case scenario. :)

EC1000
24th July 2013, 19:08

Hi, EC, I am sorry to hear about your situation. As someone who has been through a divorce as well, I can understand to some degree how you feel. That it was not your choice, I know makes it harder. My situation was mutual, after a decade of energetic vampirism and negativity, but at the same time, intense personal and spiritual growth. It does seem to be true that hard experience allows one to achieve higher potentialities if the will is there and if the lessons are learned, processed and applied.

Which, again, is one of the primary reasons why we are down here in the first place. Just to go through these things. To have these hard experiences. To grow. To evolve. To be able to pinpoint our own personal inconsistencies and delusions, to accept them, correct them and move forward, spiraling higher each time into total awareness and activation of our full potentiality.

This process may take time. It is a visualization process and practice makes perfect. Some people can visualize easily, others cannot at all. So, visualizing the cording, feeling it at the same time, all of the emotion, the heartache, the pain connected to it, seeing it floating away from you out into the aether, a tenous, milky strand of light, wavering and ephemeral, then severing it, simultaneously feeling a surge of release, of ending, is something that may have to be done multiple times in order for it to finally take.

And, of course, still having to see that person comes with its potentialities of re-cording, or even new cords forming as the relationship shifts into something else. The process can be lengthy or it can be short. Much of it depends also upon where a person is at in their own developmental stage of spiritual evolution. For those who have meditated for years and their visualization, intentional and energetic focus is strong, it can be shorter and more emphatic, to the degree that the person un-corded can actually feel the abrupt shift in relational energetics.

Depending upon if the relationship is cordial, or even adversarial, they may even call or visit, demanding to know something, they don't even know what. They may call on another pretext, but rest assured, they felt the shift. They have noticed, within themselves, that something fundamental about the relationship has changed.

All best to you along this journey, EC.

wow-thank you so much.

A lot of what is in this thread I have sort of heard before in different ways and know intuitively. It's just when it all goes down, it is difficult to remain grounded.

As far as being here to go through difficult stuff to learn and grow, I totally agree. I imagine it as this analogy like a little kid who is going to the doctor knowing they have to get a shot and they fuss and fight saying they don’t want to go and cry when they get the shot but when they get out, they go" you know it wasn't that bad at all." So you're between lifetimes and your greater soul, higher self, whatever you want to call it is telling your ego-self, "now, this lifetime is going to have some challenges and pain but it is going to help us and be a good thing. Your ego/ emotional self freaks out, "I don't wanna go, this sucks, f-this, I don't agree, etc." Then we die, rejoin our whole self and then go, "hey you know, that wasn't so bad and now I see how it helped."

At least that's the way I imagine it sometime. Having said that, my silly analogy doesn't always help me!
Anyway, thank you again for taking the time to respond to me and I apologize if I have derailed your thread too much.

GloriousPoetry
24th July 2013, 19:21
Rahkyt,

Thank you for posting this thread...it is exactly what I needed to read today. I've been struggling a bit over a friendship that I feel ran its course..4 years. .. I was finally blatantly honest with a female friend of mine who continues to date broken and dysfunctional men. I told her that she needed to address emotional patterns and take responsibility for her inner self before she can truly close the door to these types of men. A week ago, I ran into her at an event and she totally avoided me.
I felt a bit hurt and disappointed but realized that my words must have hit a cord in her.
Sometimes being too honest with friends is hard but it's harder to see them engaged in dysfunctional situations...

Mark
24th July 2013, 19:29
Anyway, thank you again for taking the time to respond to me and I apologize if I have derailed your thread too much.

Sounds like you have a pretty good idea of what is going on in the multiverse, EC. Also, that you have an intuitive grasp of these principles and laws. I think a lot of people do? But don't necessarily recognize it as such?

Because it is so mundane, everyday. But it is there, always, beneath our thoughts, continuously flowing, energy moving, transmuting, engaging, between each of us. We are entangled in consciousness, as we write here and others read, we are entering their minds and they are entering ours, it is a beautiful, perfect dance, even in its imperfections, even in its pain and heartache. Because there is beauty and wonder there as well, a balance.

Your post is exactly what I created this thread for, so it was the furthest thing possible from derailment. Thank you for sharing and Bless. :)

Mark
24th July 2013, 19:42
I felt a bit hurt and disappointed but realized that my words must have hit a cord in her.

Sometimes being too honest with friends is hard but it's harder to see them engaged in dysfunctional situations...

Sounds like there is still love there and concern on your part. It also sounds as if your friend is following a conscious path. If she was able to hear your warning and to internalize it to the extent where she had to avoid you, that speaks to her possible embarrassment at being called out for her behavior. Embarrassment is a manifestation of fear, as one has been 'found out' and, often, anger and avoidance is the projection of that fear.

Because she is a friend, and I can feel the love you feel for her in your words, perhaps a direct conversation with her in a quiet place where you can both be alone for a while would be beneficial. At the very least, it can be an opportunity for you to say everything you've been holding back and to allow her to do the same. It will provide catharsis and also give you an indication of exactly where you both are on your journeys and whether it is beneficial for you both to continue forward in relation.

The hurt and disappointment is evidence of the cording, so, depending upon where you determine you and your friend are, moving forward in service of what is the best potentiality for you as an active and consciously evolving spiritual being, should be a high priority for you.

A lot of times, spiritual people have a martyr complex that is often a function of how we were raised, many of us in Christian homes, to inculcate an attitude of sacrifice, like Jesus, who died on the cross for our sins. It is hard to move past that, even when we take on new and more evolved beliefs. There is a very real truth hidden in that doctrine, service-to-others as opposed to service-to-self, but at the same time, there is a very real trap in it as well, as allowing for energy vampirism often reinforces negative energetic patterns in other people, when we allow them to drink deeply from our well of life-force for years upon years. It weakens us and it empowers them, which is one way to look at service-to-others, but, I would contend, not necessarily the best way, unless you have dedicated yourself to the Bodhisattva path of total compassion and are willing to take on the pain and suffering of any and all sentient Beings.

If that is a path that is being considered or followed, then the recognition that this path has an automatic release valve built into it, transcendental meditation and the stilling of the mind and emotions, which creates the space within to move beyond the strictures of cording and vampirism and achieve higher states of Being.

Again, this kind of stuff is later on, for those seeking that kind of experience and way of being in their current life. I wish you the best with your decision. Whatever happens, it will be for the best and indicative of the exact right choice for you, right here, right Now.

Ria
24th July 2013, 20:38
Great thread.
I have been in a whirlwind of late and braking of cords has at times been unexpected, yet you can see the merit in the process.
In the accepting and allowing, it is also very freeing.
A long standing friend of mine and I came to a fracture, we did not speck for a while. For me she held me in a frame, a pattern, an expectation that would irritate me. Fortunately there has been a shift, an unspoken release, I can be without confinement.
Unfettered love, is love and a garden to be tended.

DNA
24th July 2013, 23:24
This is the key point and your discussion has explicated upon it very directly. It is as simple as belief, sometimes. I may no longer believe that politics is important. No longer watch the news stations and the talking heads, instead, just concentrating upon my meditation, yoga and eating healthy. My best friend since childhood thinks I've gone crazy. Refuses to understand.

Even if the relationship slowly peters out and you no longer see or interact with that person, there is still a lifetime's worth of cording implicit and quantum communication keeps the connection between you active, so that, at the sub-conscious level, whenever you think about them and emotion is raised, that energy is moved between you as if you were still connected, because you are. Connected by memory, by choice. If the relationship has ended with relative peace, then there may not necessarily be a need to uncord that individual. But, if there was animus, or that person now holds ill thoughts of you or about you, then that cording may be energetically constricting your potentialities in ways that you never believed were possible.

Wow, that is too weird.
When I answered your post, I too was talking about my best friend since childhood.
I freaking loved that guy.
I would do anything for him.
We went to highschool together, we went to freaking teen clubs dancing to hip hop music.
When we were 20 we were part of the very first raves that were taking place.
When we dated, we dated girls that were best freinds, because that is just how we rolled.
And at the ripe old age of 35 I began receiving every transmission from my guardian angels that I had to stop hanging out with him.
He was making bad decisions and the karmic ramifications were almost instant.

In spring of 2007 I disobeyed all of the signs and decided it wouldn't hurt to hang out with him for a night.
I almost went to jail that night because of his actions, and that sealed the deal for me. I cut the cord and would never hang out with him again.

Within six months of my "cutting the cord" I let an old girlfriend come back into my life, and we as it turns out are married, happy and have a beautifull baby girl.
Yea, you have to cut the cord some times.
I wouldn't be here without ending that relationship.

Mark
25th July 2013, 01:28
I have been in a whirlwind of late and braking of cords has at times been unexpected, yet you can see the merit in the process.

Hey sister Ria, you've been on my mind, it is no surprise that this has been going on with you. It has been going on with a LOT of people currently, as the energetics are those of recapitulation and the bubbling up of energies connected with many of our lower-chakra trials. It is time to make those choices in order to move forward consciously. As the energies continue to bombard us we will find a lot of instant-karma situations and old issues that we thought we'd released or passed arising again, much to our chagrin. Moving them to the margins of the mind, rather than dealing with the effectively, has left them crouching in the darkness directly beneath thought and they have to be deal with in order to move forward into what is coming next.

For those who make this choice, that is.

In the accepting and allowing, it is also very freeing.

It really can be. And it can be a boon to both individuals involved, as our life expression is often so tied to what others think of believe, as others in this thread have said previously. That sense of freedom is the realization that we were bound and didn't even realize it. Accepting and allowing things to be as they are without lying to ourselves and trying to make them into something else, something more acceptable, is tantamount to lying to ourselves, creating an illusory reality that we then attempt to uphold by ignoring the issues and continuing forward as if all was well with the relationship, when nothing could be further from the truth.

A long standing friend of mine and I came to a fracture, we did not speck for a while. For me she held me in a frame, a pattern, an expectation that would irritate me. Fortunately there has been a shift, an unspoken release, I can be without confinement.

Unfettered love, is love and a garden to be tended.

The highest potentiality. Yes. Bless! And we'll talk very soon. Much love.

Mark
25th July 2013, 01:36
Wow, that is too weird.
When I answered your post, I too was talking about my best friend since childhood.

The magical has become the mundane, my friend. I just followed the flow of my fingers and that is what came out, I'm glad the example touched you and allowed you to share this information as it is pertinent to the topic. And those kinds of synchroncities are meaningful, as it brings forth deeper truths and reveal that we are on the correct path for higher resolution of these issues.

We went to highschool together, we went to freaking teen clubs dancing to hip hop music.
When we dated, we dated girls that were best freinds, because that is just how we rolled.
And at the ripe old age of 35 I began receiving every transmission from my guardian angels that I had to stop hanging out with him.

If they were equally instant for you both, that speaks to the level of resonance you had at higher levels. To have instant karma express itself means that you've worked through old karma and are dealing with what is currently going on in your life, indicative of a high level of evolution. But yet and still, it is always about choice. And this is one of the greatest choice points currently that humanity has ever faced. Knowing you over the past couple of years, I am sure that your friend does have the potentiality to move higher, or else there would not have been such high resonance between you, even at such a young age. The world is ever a test, and our conscious decision-making is the answer.

Within six months of my "cutting the cord" I let an old girlfriend come back into my life, and we as it turns out we are married, happy and have a beautifull baby girl.

Aiight, Big Daddy. I hope you and yours are doing wonderfully, and living in the flow, finding your abundance. It's beautiful when life turns into a dream, and you find out that it is much better manifest, than you ever imagined it could be. Many blessings to you and yours!

Kraut
25th July 2013, 08:45
This is a great thread and very timely for me. Interestingly there's the expression about cutting one's ties. A common expression with a much deeper meaning right before your eyes.

DNA
25th July 2013, 13:32
Wow, that is too weird.

The magical has become the mundane, my friend. I just followed the flow of my fingers and that is what came out, I'm glad the example touched you and allowed you to share this information as it is pertinent to the topic. And those kinds of synchroncities are meaningful, as it brings forth deeper truths and reveal that we are on the correct path for higher resolution of these issues.

If they were equally instant for you both, that speaks to the level of resonance you had at higher levels. To have instant karma express itself means that you've worked through old karma and are dealing with what is currently going on in your life, indicative of a high level of evolution. But yet and still, it is always about choice. And this is one of the greatest choice points currently that humanity has ever faced. Knowing you over the past couple of years, I am sure that your friend does have the potentiality to move higher, or else there would not have been such high resonance between you, even at such a young age. The world is ever a test, and our conscious decision-making is the answer.

Within six months of my "cutting the cord" I let an old girlfriend come back into my life, and we as it turns out we are married, happy and have a beautifull baby girl.

Aiight, Big Daddy. I hope you and yours are doing wonderfully, and living in the flow, finding your abundance. It's beautiful when life turns into a dream, and you find out that it is much better manifest, than you ever imagined it could be. Many blessings to you and yours!

Thank you so much Rahkyt for your kind words. I have to run off to work but I wanted to let you know how much your words meant to me.
You really are one of the greatest elevators of love and kindness on this forum. Thank You

Mark
25th July 2013, 23:56
This is a great thread and very timely for me. Interestingly there's the expression about cutting one's ties. A common expression with a much deeper meaning right before your eyes.

Those ties that bind, right? :)

So many clues in our language, in our phrases, that we allow to pass through our lips or fingers without ever contemplating the deeper meanings. Simple things sometimes, words that we throw about, like Religion, the Latin, re (back) ligio (tie), to connect back. Yoga, also meaning to return, to tie back, to connect to ... something disconnected from, left, almost forgotten in its fundamental aspect of totality and pervasivity. Language, spelling, magical incantations that we use daily to cast our intentions into the world, creating personal reality, contributing to the collective reality we all consciously co-create using words whose original and deeper meanings we often ignore.

Mark
26th July 2013, 00:00
Thank you so much Rahkyt for your kind words. I have to run off to work but I wanted to let you know how much your words meant to me.

It is my honor to interact. I do not perceive any connection to be random or meaningless. As a function of cording, though, I try to be careful what kinds of interactions I further and engage in consciously. It is a blessing to be able to interact positively with souls seeking a higher state of being, especially now. Today, Laura Eisenhower put this status on her FB page, from the Sacred Destinations (http://sacreddestinations.org/) website:

"July 25th is known as the Day Out of Time, since it is a day that belongs neither to the last cycle or the next one. It is a day of stillness, the birth place for Creation to renew Itself. Certain days hold the ability to activate and amplify intentions; this is one such day where we can place our intentions of peace and love to initiate the new Mayan year and beginning of the next 26,000 year cycle.

July 26th, 2013 known as Galactic Synchronization Day (Harmonic Convergence), will usher our planet into a new era of expanded cosmic consciousness through a formal linking with galactic intelligence. This moment will inaugurate the new era of the noosphere (mind of the Earth), when Earth is operating as a fully conscious vehicle of unification – Timeship Earth 2013."

Today is a special day. A day of peace and stillness, one in which it is possible for each of us to access things that have been previously hidden, or consciously suppressed. To move through them and achieve a higher state of being in preparation for the next stage of our personal and collective energetic and evolutionary process.

I hope everyone can take advantage of it by finding a space of peace, within which to contemplate their Life.

Curt
26th July 2013, 00:02
You're one in a million, my friend. Glad you're around and making good sense as always. :rockon:

Those ties that bind, right? :)

So many clues in our language, in our phrases, that we allow to pass through our lips or fingers without ever contemplating the deeper meanings. Simple things sometimes, words that we throw about, like Religion, the Latin, re (back) ligio (tie), to connect back. Yoga, also meaning to return, to tie back, to connect to ... something disconnected from, left, almost forgotten in its fundamental aspect of totality and pervasivity. Language, spelling, magical incantations that we use daily to cast our intentions into the world, creating personal reality, contributing to the collective reality we all consciously co-create using words whose original and deeper meanings we often ignore.

Mark
26th July 2013, 00:07
You're one in a million, my friend. Glad you're around and making good sense as always. :rockon:

Hey, Curtis! Yeh, I find I've been visiting PA a bit more recently, as I've reached a bit of a self-imposed lull, my school work calls and is pressing, deadlines approach and, as usual, I choose to procrastinate a bit till I'm forced into action by time and this is what that looks like. LOL

Glad to be around, glad to see folks I care about dropping by and interacting, it is greatly appreciated. Here's to the highest intentions manifesting in all of our lives!

:wizard: