PDA

View Full Version : Priority List

xbusymom
1st April 2010, 01:21
I have been thinking and contacting a few people about how to prioritize a list of what you need to have and what you need to be prepared for...

get water filters, stock up on food, get a weapon, buy land, squirrel away money (out of the bank), buy equipment, get a house in the country, buy self-sufficiency books, get healthy, get seeds, convert dollars into gold or silver, get car fixed, get bug-out bag...

... AND pay bills, ... ... ??

needless to say... I have become very confused on what to do first...??

I talked to a gentleman that frequents another chatroom... he suggested to get the core necessities before you do anything else...

1-air (does that mean make orgonite? or get a gas mask?)
2-water (ok thats a given- get good filters, and get extras) www.armchairsurvivalist.com (very inexpensive and great)
3-food (at least a years worth of food stocked up- start with beans and rice, oatmeal- stuff that will store easily )ok so now where do I keep it?

and then what??

THE eXchanger
1st April 2010, 02:03
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xbusymom
1st April 2010, 02:09
well; i packed away a lot of food - about 2 years ago - this spring, the outside animals were well feed LOL

haha... yes that does contradict the fear package of scarecity TPTB want you to believe... doesn't it?

xbusymom
5th April 2010, 23:39
I started this thread to help me gather my thoughts and lists...and maybe it will inspire y'all too!

and I came to the realization that it depends on which angle you are coming from (prepared for disaster [fear-based] or getting back to nature [love-based]) as to what you would include on your lists and what you do in your actions...

so, since my goal is to get back to nature...

*(I am looking at 2 different Intentional Communities right now for a december move)... so this is really going to help to step up to the challenge of getting it all together in time for that to happen...

food stocks:
canned goods
dried food mixes and powdered staples
spices and seasonings
water jugs, filters, and dry drink mixes

equipment:
camping cookware
solar oven and/or wood-burning stove
diner-ware, hand utensils, plastic glasses, etc.
hand tools
candles, matches, flint/striker

DIY instructions:
solar systems (lighting, water heater, etc.)
garden tips
easy-build houses/insulation/water-sealant, windows/doors, etc.
plumbing/ water-well and pump/ dam creation, maintenance, repairs

recipes for:
laundry soap
soap
candles

... help me out... I know I am forgetting something...