PDA

View Full Version : The value of Project Avalon

sdv
26th July 2013, 19:21
In the time I have been here (joined March 2012), I have not contributed anything of any value whatsoever, and in many of my posts I have been mocked and judged in responses (and the value I have gained from that is to step back and not get into an ego fight, which I did in my first few months of being here, ... post authentically and then not start a fight when I am judged and dismissed).

In one reply post, I was called a great soul, which I know I am not an old soul, yes, but not great in that my present life is a complete failure in every way in terms of my soul purpose of reincarnating spirit is perhaps a better word than soul, but this is just semantics. Old souls are not always great souls, and I am a living example of that!

Often I ask a question and ask for guidance and I find the answer on PA (Project Avalon) in a post or thread. Here is one example: I have an asparagus fern planted in a huge pot in my home. In my spiral downwards, I neglected this plant even though it has some kind of personal significance for me that no one other than me recognises and understands. One day I emerged out of my despair, and took notice of its condition and found that it was spindly and was 80% brown and dead foliage. I started spraying it with moisture (using my hiking water bottle that also has a spray hose) and started talking to it. In my talking to this plant, I found that my heart opened up with tenderness that I call love, and as I spoke to this plant and felt tender love and meaningful communication as I sprayed it, what I did seemed natural. I asked the plant if I should cut away the brown and dead foliage (as every gardening authority tells me to do), because 80% of this spindly plant was brown and dead foliage when I noticed its condition and picked up that hiking water bottle with a spray. A thread then appeared on PA about the sentient reality of plants how they feel and respond to everything that happens to them and their environment. I interpreted this as a message not to cut away the brown and dead growth and to continue spraying and communicating to the plant from my heart. Now, the plant is still spindly but it is only 10% brown and dead growth. The brown and dead is disappearing, and I did not have to cut it and remove it. I asked the plant for guidance, and that guidance was delivered to me through PA.

There were two areas of inquiry that motivated me wanting to join the PA community: UFOs (ETs) and Mars. I have strong beliefs about the former (and, to me, a belief is an idea that is closed to questioning). I have found little that has informed and excited me about the latter.

There are always new threads, posts, information, and evidence about UFOs and ETs on PA. Here is where I am in terms of what I believe at present: There are huge spaceships from advance civilisations in our galaxy, and perhaps from beyond, parked around Earth. We have been broadcasting messages for about 70 or more years now, so of course they have found us. They are able to cloak themselves from detection from our technological capability and can avoid colliding with all the junk we have orbiting Earth (space is huge). They have different motives and reasons for being here. They have smaller craft that travel between spaceships and between spaceships and Earth, and they are always developing new technology so these commuter craft do change. They have a different concept of time and space from what human beings experience on Earth (so what we perceive as a long time for us may seem like moments for them), and perhaps have motivations that we would not be able to understand. As a developing technological civilisation, humanity has reached a stage when the odds are stacked against us surviving and thus advancing to the level of technological advancement of those civilisations that are parked around Earth in these huge spaceships. The intervention of the ET civilisations parked around Earth will not save us and may impede our efforts to advance as a civilisation. What does this mean for us spiritually and practically and how can we survive these challenges and survive to evolve into an advanced technological and spiritual civilisation? (And I believe that the technological advanced civilisations present in our galaxy are not all advanced spiritually, but if we do not engage with the reality of them being here we remain trapped as victims and cannot learn from them and protect ourselves from them.)

By the way, I reject all intervention of ETs as saviours because those who abduct cannot be trusted if we truly want to advance and evolve both technologically and spiritually.

PA challenges my beliefs and grows my knowledge even though my beliefs and academic training result in me dismissing so much of what is offered here as poorly informed and questioned junk. Even those easily debunked and dismissed delusional posts and threads are part of the exploration that I need to be open to in order to understand humanity in this stage of development and the purpose and meaning of the ET presence in our solar system. However, it is an academic journey for me as I have no role to play in the technological and spiritual evolution and advancement of human beings on Earth.

Recently, PA has been flooded with threads that did not capture my interest for various reasons: a few posters who flood the forum with stuff that is an outpouring of outrage and false doom predictions that go nowhere, or information that does not provoke any kind of conversation, or posts challenging real events as not really happening and thus not real so real pain and suffering can be dismissed and negated. If someone posts a prediction of some major event that never happens, why do you not post an acknowledgement of that when nothing happens? If you post, arbitrarily, three similar threads that evoke no discussion, why not change how and what you post instead of choosing to add another dozen? If you express illogical thinking and denial of real suffering and pain in saying that something did not happen, why do you not try to understand why you do so? And so on (I understand the latter as an expression of critical thinking and very controversial.)

But, there are those threads that speak to my questions (as with telling me not to prune a plant that did not want to be pruned because it had the capacity to make dead foliage disappear) and encourage my exploration of understanding phenomena such as UFOs and ETs (every post opens me up to a confusion of information overload!). So I am grateful to be here and I still find immense value in being here. I am not good at being clear in what I write (really bad for a writer LOL at myself!) and so I hope that I will not be misunderstood and misquoted in what I have tried to express in my gratitude in expressing the value of Project Avalon for me.

If this thread goes anywhere, I suspect (as a mistrusting and suspicious person) that it will not result in any meaningful difference for any person being here (saving a plant or challenging a belief or growing critical thinking or contributing to enabling humanity to survive the challenges of technological and spiritual evolution). By being here, I contribute nothing of value to anyone, but I am grateful for what I have received, even if it is just the message I asked for that saved an asparagus fern from ruthless pruning that it did not need.

Prodigal Son
26th July 2013, 19:31
Sometimes I feel exactly as you do. Sometimes just "being" is all that God wants from us. Plus, you still haven't found your purpose in this incarnation. Neither have I. But just the simple fact that you know you are more than a meat suit and that you are an old soul is a very large contribution to this forum, in my book. :)

giovonni
26th July 2013, 19:44
thank you sdv... best share today > excellent post ... :hug:

Post note: your single post speaks volumes !

skippy
26th July 2013, 20:26
Excellent post, very clear. Thank you sdv!

Sidney
26th July 2013, 21:16
In the time I have been here (joined March 2012), I have not contributed anything of any value whatsoever, and in many of my posts I have been mocked and judged in responses (and the value I have gained from that is to step back and not get into an ego fight, which I did in my first few months of being here, ... post authentically and then not start a fight when I am judged and dismissed).

In one reply post, I was called a great soul, which I know I am not an old soul, yes, but not great in that my present life is a complete failure in every way in terms of my soul purpose of reincarnating spirit is perhaps a better word than soul, but this is just semantics. Old souls are not always great souls, and I am a living example of that!
.................................................. .................................................. ........................................

Hello SDV- If you will kindly take a moment and re-read your above post, you will see that your contributions ARE valuable and worthy. And,,,it takes a great soul to assemble a wonderful grouping of words such as this!!!!! Thank you!!!! I especially like the asparagus fern story as well.

markpierre
27th July 2013, 02:07

The only thing I can imagine you can fail is in time spent evaluating the value of a life. What's your criteria? It'll be wrong.
Why would you want to share that mistake?
Everything great is an amalgam of lesser. Who taught you the difference? They were wrong. God's criteria is quite different from yours.
If you knew your 'soul purpose', you wouldn't be here. Usually what you might deem 'failure' is exactly the purpose, but you can fail to recognize it.
Here's a final and definitive lesson, if you're brave enough to face it. It's what we can learn only through failure.
Man, without God, is nothing.
'Soul' is the right term.

mosquito
27th July 2013, 03:12
... By being here, I contribute nothing of value to anyone...

Ahem - I beg to differ.

You contribute :

Your wisdom, your experience, your viewpoint, your perspective on life and events, your own unique energy, just for starters.

Some of us find the quiet voices infinitely preferable to the loud ones, so please don't feel the need to put yourself down just because you haven't acquired a cyber fan club ! (Neither have I BTW) ;)

Beren
27th July 2013, 04:10
You see!
Everything is connected. An open soul and spirit can see the beauty in an internet forum where answers lies but only if we want to see.
Forum is a place of ideas that flow freely, different thoughts, knowledge and so forth.
With an open mind and wise approach you find a lot of hidden-now exposed knowledge.

Even when talking to a plant which by the way is not a small thing. It is a step forward in consciousness.

:)

ghostrider
27th July 2013, 05:18
you are a great soul, the matrix tricks you in your thinking... there is a time for everything, don't be too down on yourself , aint no accident your here, ... everything has a purpose ...

william r sanford72
27th July 2013, 05:39
Thank you for sharing sdv.your honesty is a gift to all on avalon.william.

Sunny-side-up
27th July 2013, 13:17
Hi sdv,

My first point is some evidence!

Hi sdv,

Default Re: Journey of Souls - Michael Newton Interview
Quote Posted by DNA (here)
I would love to hear some testimony from folks who have undergone the hypnosis technique he talks about.
It would help to seal the deal on my appreciation of his work.
I hate to say it but as good as the material is, I always have my suspicions in so far as what people will do for fame and money.

Your reply to the post sdv:

I have participated in two weekend workshops to explore past lives through hypnosis. We did not look at time in the spirit world between lives. However, we did remember the death in that life. What I remember was that, for me, if the death was very traumatic, these beings of light came to fetch me and embraced me with unconditional love and caring. There were about four or five of them, and they were always the same beings. I couldn't really make out features as they radiated a lot of light. I think these beings are my soul group.

In one lifetime I had a very happy death. I lingered to comfort my daughter, who was with me when I died, and then reunited with my husband, which was very joyous.

I never recalled an experience of a tunnel.

Recalling past lives was very interesting in what I discovered about my soul journey through lifetimes. It was also interesting doing this in a small group (although I have done hypnosis as a single person). I remember that after one session the energy in the room was a bit disturbed, jarring. As we went round the room and shared, we realised that we had all recalled a past lifetime with our mothers in this lifetime, even though we had not been instructed to do so!

I would recommend that you prepare yourself for hypnosis by doing guided visualisations. You remain consciously aware during hypnosis but you need to let that conscious awareness become an observer. Meditation and guided visualisations are good practice for this.

In my individual hypnosis sessions I learnt that no one can make you do or remember what you do not want to (in fact, the therapist told me that strong-willed people with some skepticism are the best subjects as they are unlikely to make stuff up - the more suggestible you are, the more you are prone to hold blind beliefs fanatically and without questioning, the more likely you are to make stuff up when hypnotised, so you sound like a good subject for hypnosis and I suggest that you trust that and surrender to the experience). In the sessions I had, I always found myself in a place with water (a lake or a stream) and in every session, at some point, I would 'rebel' and go swimming, and the therapist could no longer work with me as I would not want to answer questions or explore further!

I hope you do the sessions and share them with us

I think we would all agree a very worthwhile post indeed!

second is you signature:

sdv
Vita sans libris mors est.
Our life is not measured in the number of breaths we take but in the moments that take our breath away!

Very worth while again sdv and a good reminder to me of many things!

Third:

This post of yours is very worth while, and shows me allot about your very good and wise soul that you are...

Keep on being who you are and realize how worth while you are to your self and to us here!

Love, Light and hugs to you sdv...

Limor Wolf
27th July 2013, 13:31

Ahem - I beg to differ.

Some of us find the quiet voices infinitely preferable to the loud ones, so please don't feel the need to put yourself down just because you haven't acquired a cyber fan club ! (Neither have I BTW) ;)

Ahem - I beg to differ.

I am your fan club

although, a quiet one ~

TraineeHuman
27th July 2013, 14:41
sdv, you say you haven't contributed anything of value. But right near the beginning of the thread I started on OBEs and the Higher Mind you contributed what I thought was up to that point the most charming post, and certainly one of the most interesting and informative. That thread now has over 1100 posts and I still think your post was one of the best. I appreciate your post was just quoting the words of various kids, but I thought you did great.

Warlock
27th July 2013, 22:44
You have 2300 thanks in 600 posts.

You certainly have touched some people with your comments.

Warlock :wizard:

mosquito
28th July 2013, 03:05

Ahem - I beg to differ.

Ahem - I beg to differ.

I am your fan club

although, a quiet one ~

HAHAHAHAHAHA !!! That's made my day, thank you. And bless you ;)

Atlas
29th July 2013, 06:28
You have a beautiful mind sdv, a very good critical thinking and an excellent writing too.

sdv
29th July 2013, 16:40
Sometimes I feel exactly as you do. Sometimes just "being" is all that God wants from us. Plus, you still haven't found your purpose in this incarnation. Neither have I. But just the simple fact that you know you are more than a meat suit and that you are an old soul is a very large contribution to this forum, in my book. :)

Dear Prodigal Son, Thank you very much for your reply to my thread. I have received messages about my purpose for this incarnation (perhaps will post about that later), and in terms of the information that was communicated to me, I have not got even close to the goal of this incarnation. Although I am an old soul (the furthest back I have remembered is cave-dwelling stone age peoples, and I have an intriguing but not fully explained emotional attachment to Mars ... when I look at images of that planet, it feels like home rather than an alien and hostile place to me), I am not a great nor meaningful enlightened soul in terms of my present life. I think the guides in my soul group (whom I am very aware of) are far too indulgent in terms of my failures in terms of coming back over and over again!

=[Post Update]=

thank you sdv... best share today > excellent post ... :hug:

Post note: your single post speaks volumes !

Thank you dear and sweet soul. I hope we get together in the life after death and plan awesome stuff for life on Earth!

=[Post Update]=

Excellent post, very clear. Thank you sdv!

Thank you for finding clarity in what I wrote and how I write it. As a writer, that affirmation is very special to me.

sdv
29th July 2013, 16:46

.................................................. .................................................. ........................................

Hello SDV- If you will kindly take a moment and re-read your above post, you will see that your contributions ARE valuable and worthy. And,,,it takes a great soul to assemble a wonderful grouping of words such as this!!!!! Thank you!!!! I especially like the asparagus fern story as well.

I am so glad you enjoyed my story of the asparagus fern. With the help of the guidance I received from Project Avalon,, the plant is thriving in rejuvenation and what seemed dead is transforming to alive. Sometimes PA gives us answers to our questions that defy logical thinking. I have ideas about that, which I will share in another, more appropriate, thread.

sdv
29th July 2013, 17:27

The only thing I can imagine you can fail is in time spent evaluating the value of a life. What's your criteria? It'll be wrong.
Why would you want to share that mistake?
Everything great is an amalgam of lesser. Who taught you the difference? They were wrong. God's criteria is quite different from yours.
If you knew your 'soul purpose', you wouldn't be here. Usually what you might deem 'failure' is exactly the purpose, but you can fail to recognize it.
Here's a final and definitive lesson, if you're brave enough to face it. It's what we can learn only through failure.
Man, without God, is nothing.
'Soul' is the right term.

I 'chastise myself' metaphorically all the time, and perhaps that is not a bad thing to do. Here is one story that may illustrate what I am trying to explore and communicate:

I was in the corporate world as manager of a department. A person with the academic qualifications but no industry training or experience sent me a message asking for work. It was a hectic time at work, and in the past I had instructed those who reported to me to use and work with freelancers that I recommended to them (who approached me in asking for work), and this had not always worked out well for my staff, so they asked me to stop using my powerful position to force them to use certain freelancers. This particular person was very persistent and phoned the MD, but I was so busy that I still completely ignored this person. About a year later, she was at an industry workshop that I attended and she confronted me (publicly).

That encounter was embarrassing and awkward for me, but I had the opportunity to apologise to her and ask her how she was doing in terms of work. She told me that she had found another company to give her work and was doing very well.

Often we cause stress and hurt to others, unintentionally and unknowingly. (She did not hugely register with me at the time, even with the intervention of the MD, who was just one of the many in the line outside my office door and because I got so many messages from wannabees in the industry and I had so much to deal with in every moment of every day so those wannabees were just not important for me, and especially not wanted by my staff.) Those whom we hurt unknowingly in this way may carry a grudge against us forever without us even knowing that there are people who hate us. I am incredibly grateful when I am confronted with these situations and am given the opportunity to publicly apologise and find out that the person is doing well anyway! Less purgatory to deal with when I enter the spiritual world after death, or more guidance on how to live this life in a kind and caring way and thus reduce the negative energy projected onto me?

sdv
29th July 2013, 17:55

Ahem - I beg to differ.

You contribute :

Your wisdom, your experience, your viewpoint, your perspective on life and events, your own unique energy, just for starters.

I was born a Leo (very overdue, so I should have been a Cancer) with Aries rising, so I will always want to be the star on stage, but there is so much else in my birth energy (lots of water and the complication of conjoining Mars and Venus) that makes being the star so complicated and difficult! Yes, I may be mostly quiet, but when I do speak I tend to have a lot of fire that is often not moderated with wisdom and caring!

Yes, I am an old soul, but I am not a wise or great soul, and being on PA is part of my learning experience.

=[Post Update]=

You see!
Everything is connected. An open soul and spirit can see the beauty in an internet forum where answers lies but only if we want to see.
Forum is a place of ideas that flow freely, different thoughts, knowledge and so forth.
With an open mind and wise approach you find a lot of hidden-now exposed knowledge.

Even when talking to a plant which by the way is not a small thing. It is a step forward in consciousness.

:)

Yes, and thank you so much for that affirmation.

=[Post Update]=

you are a great soul, the matrix tricks you in your thinking... there is a time for everything, don't be too down on yourself , aint no accident your here, ... everything has a purpose ...

No, I am not a great soul, but, yes PA is a part of the help and support I am receiving in this lifetime.

=[Post Update]=

Thank you for sharing sdv.your honesty is a gift to all on avalon.william.

Thank you William. You are one of the many on PA who support and affirm me, and ask for my support and affirmation. May I never forget the latter1

=[Post Update]=

Hi sdv,

Hi sdv,

Default Re: Journey of Souls - Michael Newton Interview
Quote Posted by DNA (here)
I would love to hear some testimony from folks who have undergone the hypnosis technique he talks about.
It would help to seal the deal on my appreciation of his work.
I hate to say it but as good as the material is, I always have my suspicions in so far as what people will do for fame and money.

Your reply to the post sdv:

I have participated in two weekend workshops to explore past lives through hypnosis. We did not look at time in the spirit world between lives. However, we did remember the death in that life. What I remember was that, for me, if the death was very traumatic, these beings of light came to fetch me and embraced me with unconditional love and caring. There were about four or five of them, and they were always the same beings. I couldn't really make out features as they radiated a lot of light. I think these beings are my soul group.

In one lifetime I had a very happy death. I lingered to comfort my daughter, who was with me when I died, and then reunited with my husband, which was very joyous.

I never recalled an experience of a tunnel.

Recalling past lives was very interesting in what I discovered about my soul journey through lifetimes. It was also interesting doing this in a small group (although I have done hypnosis as a single person). I remember that after one session the energy in the room was a bit disturbed, jarring. As we went round the room and shared, we realised that we had all recalled a past lifetime with our mothers in this lifetime, even though we had not been instructed to do so!

I would recommend that you prepare yourself for hypnosis by doing guided visualisations. You remain consciously aware during hypnosis but you need to let that conscious awareness become an observer. Meditation and guided visualisations are good practice for this.

In my individual hypnosis sessions I learnt that no one can make you do or remember what you do not want to (in fact, the therapist told me that strong-willed people with some skepticism are the best subjects as they are unlikely to make stuff up - the more suggestible you are, the more you are prone to hold blind beliefs fanatically and without questioning, the more likely you are to make stuff up when hypnotised, so you sound like a good subject for hypnosis and I suggest that you trust that and surrender to the experience). In the sessions I had, I always found myself in a place with water (a lake or a stream) and in every session, at some point, I would 'rebel' and go swimming, and the therapist could no longer work with me as I would not want to answer questions or explore further!

I hope you do the sessions and share them with us

I think we would all agree a very worthwhile post indeed!

second is you signature:

sdv
Vita sans libris mors est.
Our life is not measured in the number of breaths we take but in the moments that take our breath away!

Very worth while again sdv and a good reminder to me of many things!

Third:

This post of yours is very worth while, and shows me allot about your very good and wise soul that you are...

Keep on being who you are and realize how worth while you are to your self and to us here!

Love, Light and hugs to you sdv...

Thank you and love, light and many warm hugs to you, always.

=[Post Update]=

Ahem - I beg to differ.

Ahem - I beg to differ.

I am your fan club

although, a quiet one ~

And I am also a quiet member of your fan club!

=[Post Update]=

Ahem - I beg to differ.

Ahem - I beg to differ.

I am your fan club

although, a quiet one ~

HAHAHAHAHAHA !!! That's made my day, thank you. And bless you ;)

And bless you!

sdv
29th July 2013, 18:01
You have a beautiful mind sdv, a very good critical thinking and an excellent writing too.

Thank you buares. I look forward to getting to know you on this forum. You are in Morocco (northern Africa) and I am near to Cape Point (southern Africa). We are at opposite ends of Africa, but we are both still Africans, and Morocco will always be a beautiful exotic dream for me.

sdv
29th July 2013, 18:04
sdv, you say you haven't contributed anything of value. But right near the beginning of the thread I started on OBEs and the Higher Mind you contributed what I thought was up to that point the most charming post, and certainly one of the most interesting and informative. That thread now has over 1100 posts and I still think your post was one of the best. I appreciate your post was just quoting the words of various kids, but I thought you did great.

Thank you so much and I do so enjoy checking what is going on in that thread. It is one of the greats on PA. I always enjoy your posts and apologies if I forget to give you thanks.

sdv
29th July 2013, 18:16
You have 2300 thanks in 600 posts.

You certainly have touched some people with your comments.

Warlock :wizard:

I don't count thanks, but I thank you for doing so for me. Bless you and thank you.

I hope I have thanked and acknowledged every one on this thread. I feel so awed and humbled and grateful for the thanks and replies to my opening post in this thread.

Now, anyone want to talk to me about Mars? I have no information to offer, but just an immense curiosity.

No need to ask about UFOs because amazing stuff is being posted so often and most of us keep bursting out the box and exploring and questioning everything and thus opening ourselves up to a paradigm shift in our shared reality. It is so exciting!