PDA

View Full Version : What brought you here?

jagman
27th July 2013, 18:46
Why am I so drawn to the paranormal, and alternative ways of thinking?
This is a question that I have asked myself many times.
I think the answer to my question started in the summer of 1963
nearly 10 years before my birth. My mother was 13 years old at that time.
She lived in a rural farming community in southeast Mo.

On a summer night in 1963 my mother Shirley was awakened from
her bed by her mother.( my Grandmother ) She took my mother to
the living room and told her to look out the window that overlooked
their field. What my mother saw was an Object setting on the ground
about a hundred yards from their house. My mother told me it looked
like a ferris wheel turned on it's side and it was flashing very bright
amber colored lights. My mother told me she watched the object
for what seemed like 2 hours. My mother told me that she does not
remember going to bed and she does not remember the object leaving.
She only remembers waking up in the morning. She went outside
and where the object had been the night before, was 3 burnt areas
about 3 feet around.

My grandmother also only remembered waking up in the morning.
I think that my mother and grandmother were abducted and what
took place in their abduction is clearly an unknown but I do think
it had some effect on me.

Anyway, What brought you here?

Spiral
27th July 2013, 19:14
Google ? ;)

No seriously, a lifetime of paranormal stuff topped of with a bunch of abductions & UFO flybys.

I suppose being in a world of denial is going to lead people to seek out information, and then find themselves on here or an other forum that does similar stuff, its good way of not going mad.

:tea:

Chip
27th July 2013, 20:04
A lifelong fascination with trying to find answers. And having preconceived at a very young age that the reality that I was taught was not the reality that I perceived.
I wish I had some type of paranormal experience to report as a cause for this. But I don't.
I grew up fighting with my parents over their forced Catholic indoctrination and later in life was asked to leave a Calvary Chapel type of Bible church (disagreed with pastors interpretation of passages).
I'm here now because I've found many questions that I've had answered through the help of likeminded loving souls here at Avalon.
Thanks Avalon!

ghostrider
27th July 2013, 21:00
I went as far as I could in religion, read the King James over and over... stood in pulpit and sceamed my head off for five years ... there were too many things they just skimmed over and nobody asked questions... there is a great spirit/energy that showed me things in the book that nobody talked about, here's one, a scout told moses we cant' go around the mountain and build a city there , a city already exists , there with giants who to us we are just grasshoppers, imagine seeing a being who has a foot as big as you ... I mean you cant see over the top of their foot, where did they come from ??? here's another, the sons of heaven came down, what ? someone up there came down ? mixed with earth women ? we are only told what King James wants known ... what ? a secret library under the vatican ? what, books in 325 AD were tossed out , others allowed ??? thats what brought me here, THERE IS MORE TO THE WORLD THAN WE ARE TOLD ...here knowledge is not tossed out, it is embraced, disected , disscussed and a beautiful picture is emerging ... the learning never stops... everyday members find treasure and share it, like modern day raiders of the lost ark, digging into history , and re-writing the reality of the matrix ...

AlaBil
27th July 2013, 21:43
I went as far as I could in religion, read the King James over and over... stood in pulpit and sceamed my head off for five years ... there were too many things they just skimmed over and nobody asked questions... there is a great spirit/energy that showed me things in the book that nobody talked about, here's one, a scout told moses we cant' go around the mountain and build a city there , a city already exists , there with giants who to us we are just grasshoppers, imagine seeing a being who has a foot as big as you ... I mean you cant see over the top of their foot, where did they come from ??? here's another, the sons of heaven came down, what ? someone up there came down ? mixed with earth women ? we are only told what King James wants known ... what ? a secret library under the vatican ? what, books in 325 AD were tossed out , others allowed ??? thats what brought me here, THERE IS MORE TO THE WORLD THAN WE ARE TOLD ...here knowledge is not tossed out, it is embraced, disected , disscussed and a beautiful picture is emerging ... the learning never stops... everyday members find treasure and share it, like modern day raiders of the lost ark, digging into history , and re-writing the reality of the matrix ...

I'm pretty much with ghostrider on why I'm here. I find something interesting every day here. What a great site and great information shared daily!

GCS1103
27th July 2013, 22:32
I've always been interested in the UFO phenomena and went to a lot of conferences in the past. When I began watching the interviews that Kerry and Bill conducted I was fascinated with all the information I learned from them. I came here, specifically, because I really liked Bill's style of interviewing people. If anyone here has been to one of Bill's workshops (like in Ecuador) or a conference where he has spoken, you can appreciate the incredible talent he has in presenting his information to an audience.

Warlock
27th July 2013, 23:19
An interest in the things discussed here since I was very young.

One of the great things about Avalon is there is no ridicule of things experienced by the members. That was a problem that I encountered at another discussion board. Why would anyone make these things up and expose themselves to ridicule? "I saw a UFO with an alien standing next to it" "I heard footsteps in my attic while I was alone at home" "Some dark thing chased me out of my basement". I mean, people don't just say these things just to say them. These experiences can be quite traumatic, and at the very least, they stay with you FOREVER.

I take everyone's experience as true, because mine are true.

Warlock :wizard:

Justintime
27th July 2013, 23:53
Well, one of the strangest and most powerful experiences I've ever had was completely losing touch with reality. I was convinced that I was the second coming of Jesus to the point where no other explanation of who I was made sense any more. Anyways after a few years of reprogramming I eventually regained the shared beliefs of our collective consciousness. However, this left me with a thirst to explore the true nature of consciousness, perception and truth. I remember a few times back in the day when everything I saw slowly disappeared, faded away, became nothing but very tiny dots, millions of tiny dots. It was strange, but exhilarating, it was like I was starting to see behind the veil. Anyways, I've been "normal" now for quite a few years and I'm looking for answers and this is what brought me to PA. Also, the sections on OBE, I intend on learning how to do this sooner than later.

Observer1964
28th July 2013, 00:41
the will to talk with more or less likeminded ppl, although after 23 yrs of studying frontier sciences I also feel a little tired of it and long for things to get normal. Mostly tired of what I see as a war on the human species, tired of not being free, tired of living someone else's version of what my life should be. ( A slave that should think that al this suppression and manipulation is freedom.)
Basicly a sense of duty for my children.
PA is a place with hardly any trolls wich makes it kind of peacefull information exchange.

and ofcourse Bill Ryan and his way of dealing with these matters.

Camilo
28th July 2013, 00:47
To make a long story short....

Ever since I read the book about the Betty And Barney Hill abduction incident in 1961, I've been interested in the UFO phenomenon, and read many, many books on the subject over the years.

During the late 60's and early 70's, I had permanent dreams of seen ufo, being on ufo and having visitations as well as in the late 80's and early 90's.

In the early 80's I went to live in the USA and none stop synchronicities started to happen in my life. After reading their books, I got in touch (through mail) with Budd Hopkins, Whitley Strieber and Diane Tessman, and maintained communication with them for several years. Later on I found that I had 2 face to face encounters (not abductions) in my early childhood. In the early 90's I spend 4 days with extraterrestrial walk-ins in an event that changed my life completely.

When the Steven Spielberg's movie " batteries not included" came out, I had deja vu as I watched it, as many of the scenes on the movie were exactly to some of my dreams.

Later on I found about project Camelot (Bill & Kerry) and went through all their material. In 2010 I personally met Miriam Delicado and share many of my experiences with her. In 2011 I went to the seminar Bill and Inelia held in Ecuador, then I became a member of PA.

In many respects I see many of us are on the same page here.

gripreaper
28th July 2013, 01:45
Having been a voracious reader and truth seeker most of my life, and having been computer savvy since the earliest days of message boards and blogs, I have been to almost every forum which claims to be alternative and truth seeking, and this is the only forum I know of, which consistently upholds truth, in a respectful manner, that I have ever been to.

I can honestly say it is the best forum on the net, and I challenge anyone here to point me to any other forum for my perusal, which can or does possesses the same, or more evolved energetic signature.

That's why I am here. This forum is the best.

spiritguide
28th July 2013, 01:51
The information being shared and the allowance to share my information (perspective). Always looking for more dots for the picture.

Violet
28th July 2013, 02:34
The level at which dialogue takes place between human beings.

Prodigal Son
28th July 2013, 03:03
Like-minded folks who are not only brilliant but courteous and respectful. And it was recommended to me by a fellow poster on the JWN forum in a PM after I basically let the shills and trolls get to me and had a meltdown. As much as I want to help people wake up, I'm doing no good for anybody if I let them bring my vibration level down. Trading barbs and jabs is never fun. The experiences I was feeling were not good.

As soon as I first glanced at the active topics I knew this was the place for me.

Warlock
28th July 2013, 03:54
Like-minded folks who are not only brilliant but courteous and respectful. And it was recommended to me by a fellow poster on the JWN forum in a PM after I basically let the shills and trolls get to me and had a meltdown. As much as I want to help people wake up, I'm doing no good for anybody if I let them bring my vibration level down. Trading barbs and jabs is never fun. The experiences I was feeling were not good.

As soon as I first glanced at the active topics I knew this was the place for me.

Who was it?

Probably me.

Wind
28th July 2013, 06:00
Maybe it was destiny.

... But to be honest since I've was a small child I was always interested in spiritual stuff, ancient cultures and UFO's. When I was quite young I started to wonder that who am I really and why am I here. I decided that I wanted to find out the meaning of life. I looked at the stars and felt that home was really there and not here. Somehow the normal world conviced me for a while that there was only this boring physical world, but eventually I just "woke up". After that I started to study a lot of things and then someone guided me to Project Camelot videos. At first some of the subjects seemed way too crazy for me, but I couldn't resist to watch more stuff. Then somehow I found this forum and the rest is history.

There isn't just any other place like this on the internet, it's a safe haven for "crazy" people like us.

apokalypse
28th July 2013, 06:43
since when i was a child always questioning on the Bible and when a grew up and few years before 2011 always question on life. i always interested in what some people on mainstream call it paranormal stuff. In Beginning of 2011 i was into BBC science show Horizon and Micho kaku along with many other shows on physics...slowly i moving to UFO stuff and got into alternatives stuff, first website i'am heavily surf is Abovetopsecrets. although i go though David Icke or Alex Collier material but it doesn't blow me away or get anything out of it.

when i got that wake up call is from zeitgeist and money masters, after watching it i feel pain and frustrated deep inside...i want to cry and keep asking Why? Why? Why?. Zeitgeist really wake up me and soon after stuff just coming into my head and everything connected answers all the questions that i asked since i was a kid. about a months alot i stop participate and believe into Mainstream stuff like watching Mainstream News-Science...ect. Don't know what about you guys but at the time i really believe in Galactic Federation of Light Channeling because of Hope want it to happen and save Humanity getting out of this crap on planet earth.

don't know where it coming from but these thought just coming in about life condition on earth. right now i'm not actually see it but i feel it deep inside. I have hear and see many things for instance Matrix-Education systems-Governments...ect but i can feel what really happen and the truth of those things.

Poly Hedra
28th July 2013, 10:09
What a fantastic thread. Beware, life story. I remember someone in my family having this weird magazine that had a collection of strange stories, one which included spontaneous human combustion, it had two pictures that showed the remains of an arm and everything burnt around it and another picture of an armchair, burnt out with just a leg leaning against the chair. I think this gave me a fascination with anything strange or mysterious. As Jodie Foste says in Contact, "I was hooked" :)
As the years rolled by I seeked out anything that was unexplained, mysterious, spiritual, ancient cultures, ufos, anything I could get my hands on. I joined the library and read every alternative book available, I ditched school and spent the day reading my books in a little cafe. My main question from an early age was why am I here? Why do I exist? What the bleep are we doing here?
I got to PA because I eventually got reading and listening to David Icke and I was always have the upmost respect for him because I see him as almost like the first point of contact between the mainstream and this world, he's like the welcome to reality committee.
I watched every single PC video and obviously read Handbook for The New Paradigm and watched/listened to George Greens interviews. I was really excited. I would recommend anyone to read this book because PA came about because of the ideas in this book. So I joined this forum, (and it's the only alternative forum I belong to) to be part of a ground crew, to be part of a world that isn't mad. Xxxx

Joseph McAree
28th July 2013, 11:43
Hi Jagman,

Good question, I have never joined any forum until this one so I think I have been lucky finding it so quickly, I used to follow Bill Ryan and Kerry's work on project Camelot back then I must have seen every interview that they have done, from their I watched as a visitor and learned from the outside for about a year before I joined project Avalon.

I think I always knew the world is corrupt and I witnessed this for myself when I was in business, I retired in 2010 after an accident when I required two Titanium knees, I realised I would not be able to continue the hobbies I enjoyed so much so I then turned to the internet to fill my time, so this is how I ended up here.

I am just an ordinary guy but if someone says something I have programmed myself to accept this as the truth, I have only my intuition to guide me, I do not have any particular science or psychological talent but I do believe we could make this a better world for our children, if we really wanted to, the time is right for major changes in the way we do things and what we accept is right or wrong the power of human consciousness and the power of love is waiting for us to make this incredible step change.

My belief is that woman should rule all the world governments, then things will change. I am a man and I accept the male ego gets in the way of everything we try to do.

No wars, No hunger, no abuse.

Peace be with you my dear Avalonian friends

Joe

Kryztian
28th July 2013, 12:23
I was dragged here kicking and screaming.

If people mentioned the paranormal, UFOs, alternative healing, conspiracy theory or anything "new-agey" I would politely listen, sometimes with mild interest, and sometimes feeling sorry for them that they were wasting their time and energy and needed to believe in crazy stuff. I went to college, had a good education, realized that the academic institutions had it all figured out and would have integrated these ideas into our body of knowledge if they were significant. Right ?

Then things started happening. Alternative healing, a strange experience with a crystal. Then a friend asked me to review some info about 9/11 truth and I did - it seemed rational, but I just couldn't imagine such a thing being pulled off without numerous whistle-blowers coming forth - the main stream media would have surely trumpeted their story if they did. Then, there was the UFO sighting from the driveway of my house - well that got me totally sucked into this world, for better or worse, and I found myself wrapped in a blanket at the threshold of Project Avalon - thanks for taking me in!

Sometimes, I would rather go back to the old world, we humans were the most intelligent species in this part of the universe, where the democratically elected President led our country and really represented our interests, where Arab terrorist flew planes into our buildings because they are "jealous of our freedoms", where all the know laws of the universe are found in college textbooks.

But what good is living a lie?

Fred Steeves
28th July 2013, 12:30
Because I'm supposed to be here I reckon, just like everyone else. We come straggling in from different places, but it's generally for the same over riding reason.

I'm a relative newbie to this kind of stuff, having not begun the awakening process until late 2008. It was a very traumatic event, suddenly having my eyes opened to what had previously been totally unseen. There is a line from a song I heard at that time which sums it up perfectly: "I woke up to find myself behind enemy lines". For a time I was very bitter and angry, and it took my life literally falling to pieces, in order to begin the clean up process.

For the first couple of years I devoured this wide scope of information like a man dying of thirst stumbling across an oasis. Books, Youtube videos, you name it. Camelot's interviews were amongst that, and from there stumbling across this forum. You know something funny? I first applied here in February of 2010, and never heard a word back. I figured well, I guess I'm just not up to snuff for their standards. (I likely wasn't either at that time) LOL

Come December of that same year the thought popped up one day: "What the heck man, try it again". Well I was accepted this time, and it wasn't until some time after that I realized that the previous time I had applied, was right in the midst of the closing of the old forum, and the opening of this one. Sure glad I decided to do that, as it has, and continues to be one hell of a life changing experience.

My deep and sincere thanks goes out to Bill, and everyone else who is a part of this great adventure!

Cidersomerset
28th July 2013, 13:12
http://www.psu.com/media/articles/image/destiny%20splash%20PSU.jpg

I have answered this on several other threads, but it basically comes down to
the law of attraction to like minded " Gods"....LOL....Looking for answers to
questions many of our family & friends are not interested or aware of .

Galaxy Song

buqtdpuZxvk

And Now we are finding planets all the time, and reality is not what we
were taught...

David Icke - Physicality Is An Illusion, Our Universe A Virtual Reality and The Real I
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?61779-David-Icke-Physicality-Is-An-Illusion-Our-Universe-A-Virtual-Reality-and-The-Real-I&p=708387#post708387

http://blog.chron.com/sciguy/files/2013/04/Kepler_Habitable_Candidates.jpg

BrianEn
28th July 2013, 13:28
I'm interested in this kind of stuff. It's pretty simple. I've seen ufo's. Grew up in a haunted house. When I first signed on with Camelot it was because of all the interviews that Bill and Kerry were doing. I wanted to know more. I'm not an avid researcher or anything. I just have an interest in this stuff. For a while it was the afterlife on the otherside. I don't believe in the christian sense.

So at this time I'm in some kind of limbo with the medical stuff. Just waiting hear follow-up news and appointments. Other than that I have no idea what direction I'll be headed or what way I'll point my attention when the other stuff comes to pass. I'm hoping for some good alien healthcare though. They probabaly have a good understanding of human anatomy and have an even better understanding of how to fix us without keeping us sick for profit.

Knowrainknowrainbows!
28th July 2013, 13:29
Great question!

I "stumbled" into Camelot ... adopted a new paradigm after 9/11 and continue to seek truth as part of my "education on earth".
Camelot forum has been my only other official forum membership and I am not computer savvy, still not sure what trolls and schills are, but was actually accused of being one or the other once on that forum.... What I did surmise is that I was being disrespected and that ended my enchantment with Camelot's forum.

Anyway, I find that Avalon is second to none in consistently demonstrating members are respectful and conflicts are appropriately managed. I love the level of intellect that "resides" here but especially the willingness to share AND nurture others who are not as savvy or well-read. Free will ... to share knowledge, to accept or reject what is offered ... all in a mature and lovingly honest manner (for the most part). Soooooo THANKS to Bill Ryan and his moderators and ground crew extraordinaire for all they do to promote the best in forum dialogue and exchange of information!

KRKR

Billy
28th July 2013, 13:38
I posted this comment on another thread a wee while back.

I understand the being bored sometimes. Often i back away from the internet for a while and give it a break and spend more time with nature. It is usually during my time away that i find my inspiration on what to share when i return.

But from another perspective , looking through this thread alone,

just how amazing is it that people from all over the world or i should say all over the universe, have prearranged before their incarnation to gather together here on Avalon at a predestined point in time to assist humanity transcend through the changes of our times.

I find this very uplifting. I think you are all wonderful wanderers. :clap2:

peace

Hmm. Destiny yes i believe that is what brought me to Avalon. Yet another synchronicity as that is the subject i am working on for my next thread.

Peace

grannyfranny100
28th July 2013, 13:42
If the thread title means to earth, bad choice. If it meant Project Avalon, Bill Ryan's inquiring mind.

BrianEn
28th July 2013, 13:47
Plus all the questions built up since then. True human history on this planet. That's what I really want to know. We've been fed crap most of our lives. So many questions that don't a proper answer.

*crap is code for utter f'ing bull****!

Sunny-side-up
28th July 2013, 13:47
Well great thread!

I'm a total jack of all trades master of none. I can turn my hand to just about any task and that's been my eye on reality
It's not all carved in stone as they would teach you to hid the truths!
I've realized that from a young age and as a result i've always been out of the main social stream, just 4 main friends through my life, friends who had open minds.

I've had quite a few sightings and plenty of missing time and journeys IE I see something (a UFO) close and that's it, no journey home, i'm just there lol!

But even apart from sightings i;ve always seen reality as an illusion, never seemed right to me, never relay belonged in it either.

So much more i could add to my point of finding myself here, so many tangled stories and simple paths!
Wish Avalon and all the contact here through Avalon was around back in 1985-1990 I probably wouldn't have had my breakdown due to the inner turmoil of not being within such a well informed bunch as your self's.

I've always know you was all coming :)

But I'm here and I'm very glad to have found like mined, like life realized beings as your self;s

Arpheus
28th July 2013, 13:56
Well when it gets nearly impossible to have an intelligent conversation with normal everyday folks out there,because they will label you nuts.conspiracy theorist and the list goes on lol?I found this was a great place to meet minds like mine and share ideas discusses those issues and feel like you still belong in this beautiful planet we all live in,i have to say it tho these days most people are a lot more open minded out there to talk about some of these things and not be looked upon as if we came from another planet heh!

Blacklight43
28th July 2013, 13:57
A life long string of syncronicities ....and I'm still here learning more everyday.

*penumbra
28th July 2013, 14:04
I landed here by accident while browsing around and was intrigued and amazed by the postings I saw. Paranormal happenings, UFO abduction experiences and a lifetime of searching for answers to things is what made me want to join. So many of the postings reflected exactly what I was looking for. Here, I feel I'm in with kindred folks all wanting the same things-to be able to share, without ridicule and attempt to find answers.

Ivanhoe
28th July 2013, 15:30
My first recollection of being excited by esoteric and bizarre phenomenon started with a trip to the library in the late 50's and being drawn to read the books of Frank Edwards
(Strange World was one of his books, I think), then reading on witchcraft and ghosts (after seeing the ghost of my grandmother), then ufo's (after having a "dream" while having a 104 degree temperature when I had the measles).
Then came the late 60's, tuning in, dropping out (and a lot of acid, lol).
It was then that I was introduced to a group of people who were exploring religions, alternative lifestyles and ideas, expanding our awareness of ourselves and our concept of the world. It was a group much like this where anything was open for discussion as long as it was done with respect for one another and nothing was ridiculed.
This group was the catalyst for so many life changing ideas.
As far as finding Project Avalon,... I was surfing you tube for videos of ghosts and ufo's one day, just doodling really, and came across a video from Project Camelot that caught my attention, that led me to PA and becoming a member of this forum, a first for me as I've never been a member of a forum before.
Things happen for a reason. Glad I'm here.:cool:

Mercedes
28th July 2013, 15:49
It was my brother who sent me a video-interview from PC about three years ago. And from then on it has been a twirling and exciting ride! I was raised to be a very complaint person so it has taken me a long time to wake up. But now that I´m here it is just great to finally be able to find so much information, so much so that sometimes it gets to be overwhelming. But I am sooo glad I'm finallly here. Thank you all for being here when I needed you to be.:party:

onawah
28th July 2013, 17:03
Since childhood, I've been interested in many of the subjects we discuss here on Avalon. beginning with the mystical, unexplained and unseen.
As a young adult, I immediately gravitated towards LSD, Zen, spiritual and sustainable community, explorations into consciousness, psychic phenomena, etc.
I became very health conscious, became a vegetarian early on, then later a vegan and live foods vegan (though I'm not so strict these days with my diet).
When I became focused more on ETs and UFOs, it brought a lot of my spiritual beliefs under much closer examination.
Politically, I was always liberal and progressive, and have been involved in environmental activism for some years.
Vaccines became a focus for me when I discovered that I had received the contaminated SV40 polio vaccine.
But one of my greatest awakenings, though it was certainly a very painful one, was 911.
When I realized the story we had been fed was all lies, I realized how very naive I had been, and that was my birth into Conspiracy Theory.
My faith in humanity was severely shaken, and I went through a long period of disillusionment and depression.
But I recovered, and it was largely due to the long hours I spent on the internet looking for answers.
The discovery of Project Camelot was another big milestone.
With Camelot, so much of what I wanted to know about seemed to move from the realm of mere speculation to observable, if not provable fact.
From there, of course, the next step was Avalon, and it's become an important part of my life and a very good mirror and yardstick.
I can look back at the beginning of my journey here on Avalon and see a clear picture of issues I've worked through, questions I've been able to find answers for, communication skills that have evolved through my interactions with other members, a refined sense of discernment, and a better understanding and acceptance of myself as one who has taken the less trodden paths.
Although at times I wish that I could tear myself away more, on the whole, I'm very grateful for this space where I can communicate freely with other like minded souls without worrying about how I will be perceived.

jagman
28th July 2013, 18:05
I want to thank everyone who participated in this thread. It was great reading all the responses.I really believe there are no coincidences. There are so many great minds here.( Mine excluded lol)
Bill Ryan has given us a classroom where real truths can be explored and discussed and so much more!
Thank you Bill and the Moderation Team and PA members.

Bill Ryan posted this video a few months back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DywS1iOcbpw

seeker/reader
28th July 2013, 18:09
--------------------

Kimberley
28th July 2013, 20:44
Jagman fun thread! Thanks! Jagman (and all) I am looking forward to the day when you realize your strength and extreme greatness!! I am looking forward to the day that you stop belittling yourself. You are a great man! We can all see that and as I said we are looking forward to the day that you see it too!!

If the thread title means to earth, bad choice.

Hahaha good answer... I used to feel that way during the first half of my life. I am happy to report that now I am very glad to have realized that I did choose to come here to earth and am having so much fun now...

I am also one of those that has been on this path my whole 55 years...It really kicked in at about age 13 when my mother and grandmother went from mediocre episcopalian religion to fundamentalist bold over in the spirit, speaking in tongues Christianity...I learned so much about truth and so much more about hypocrisy in my high school teen years in that environment 3 times a week.

So when I was 14 I made the statement that from the truths I was gleaning from the bible was that we are all "gods" "creators". Via Jesus' supposed words.."Everything I have done you can do and more". So that meant to me that if he was the son of god and I could do more than he did that meant I was a son/daughter of "god" also...

Well that statement was met with the reply..."That's blasphemy!!!"

When I was 5 years old I stated that Santa Clause was not real (sorry if that bursts anyone's bubble :-) ) My mother went to great lengths to keep Santa alive in my mind with various tactics...At my home Santa brought the trimmed tree christmas night along with the gifts. So when I went to bed christmas eve there was nothing and when I woke christmas morning there was the tree and gifts and filled stockings. I must admit the first several years were very magical and I did the same with my daughters (after great contemplation...long story for another time). 

Well I was elated when at age 7 I found the untrimmed tree hidden behind the garage a few days before Christmas. I exclaimed, "I was right. I was right!".

So when I was told that my we are "gods"/"creators" knowing statement that was met with the "That's blasphemy!!!" reply I once again set out to prove that I was right! And I was. I will say that it took me another 30 + years to prove it to myself but I did.

I have been on a couple of forums over the past 22+ years but had not been on one for over 10 years until coming here January 2011. I have shared this before that I was not sure why I was here at first and thought it was too time consuming (especially since I do not like to write a lot because I have dyslexia learning differences and my spelling and typos take me a long time to correct).

I came here after BillyJ brought to my attention the Charles/Atticus Interview Bill did. I was very interested in that. I joined the forum because of that and because of liking many other threads and topics I was reading before joining. I joined because I had some things i wanted to share. I then in turn told Billyj about the forum and he joined too.

I am so glad I was led here...because I definitely was led here for many reasons.

Thank you one and All...glad to be in connection with us all!

Much love, peace, and fun to us all!!!! :grouphug:

(I have done my best to correct my text but bet there is something that I missed. I need to run out and will check for needed edits when I return. Thank you for not judging me on my spelling and typing :-) )

Correction noted...a true dyslexia thing to do...

just corrected Lead here to Led here...

cursichella1
28th July 2013, 22:13
I had cancer when I was six and my mom would help me pass my hospital time (months) with "ESP flashcards" and readings from Gina Cerminara's Many Mansions. I went for partying, consumerism and self absorption In my 20s and 30s, eventually "having it all", then lost it all in 2008. Painful but enlightening reawakening and recovery. Found Project Camelot which led me here. I'm very grateful for having found you all!

I'd post more but hard to do from a Kindle (by the time I get to my PC I've forgotten what I was going to say!), but I do read most posts in the forum

Warlock
28th July 2013, 22:27
I also want to say that Bill and Kerry's interviews played a major role in my desire to join here.

The process of being accepted here was also very impressive.

I'm grateful for being accepted.

Kimberley
29th July 2013, 01:52
Oh my gosh..this is such an important thread.. were are you all? Please contribute your story to this thread!!! Thank you!! Love You!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXXXOOXO

seeker/reader
29th July 2013, 14:44
--------------------

1inMany
29th July 2013, 14:49
I think I may well be the only member who found PA after I was accepted here.

I had been feeling a terrible gnawing inside, a feeling of "hurry-up" (quickening?), and I could not understand the origin of the sensation of the walls closing in on me. Things had changed, I felt near implosion. I understood absolutely nothing about this. It was not tangible, not logical, not explainable.

So I sat at the computer one day and started googling. I think I ended up searching something like "what the hell is going on?" which led to "what's happening?"

And there it was, a thread on a forum. "Here and Now...What's Happening?" When I started to post there, I started to regain my equilibrium. I needed desperately to stay grounded, not that I even understood at the time what that meant. And, I needed to find those friends, and all of you actually.

I felt such relief at being accepted here, it felt as if my life depended on it. Literally.

That's how I got here. Staying here...because it is a gift, and one I find myself clinging to at times because I can't find anyone else (yet) in real life that has these interests.

Thanks for the thread, jagman. It's fun to read, but more it allows me to see how much we all have it common. Even if I don't come out of my shell often.

Much Love,

Carmen
30th July 2013, 02:29
George Green and the idea of forming a ground crew! This was way back on the old Avalon.

I think I joined in 2008. Gio would probably remember.

ulli
30th July 2013, 02:31
I think I may well be the only member who found PA after I was accepted here.

I had been feeling a terrible gnawing inside, a feeling of "hurry-up" (quickening?), and I could not understand the origin of the sensation of the walls closing in on me. Things had changed, I felt near implosion. I understood absolutely nothing about this. It was not tangible, not logical, not explainable.

So I sat at the computer one day and started googling. I think I ended up searching something like "what the hell is going on?" which led to "what's happening?"

And there it was, a thread on a forum. "Here and Now...What's Happening?" When I started to post there, I started to regain my equilibrium. I needed desperately to stay grounded, not that I even understood at the time what that meant. And, I needed to find those friends, and all of you actually.

I felt such relief at being accepted here, it felt as if my life depended on it. Literally.

That's how I got here. Staying here...because it is a gift, and one I find myself clinging to at times because I can't find anyone else (yet) in real life that has these interests.

Thanks for the thread, jagman. It's fun to read, but more it allows me to see how much we all have it common. Even if I don't come out of my shell often.

Much Love,

Wow, 1inMany, your post made my day.
I never realized that's how it happened.

nomadguy
30th July 2013, 04:58
I can sum it up in a picture
http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww178/luminari_2009/circular_chemtrail_aircraft_lg.jpg

However I very quickly realized that there was an enormous amount of information being shared here from a wide range of people world wide. My focus quickly shifted into a mode where I began to re-learn who we-humans really are.

Dennis Leahy
30th July 2013, 05:15
Way back during the stone age, before the internet, as a kid I was drawn to watch shows on television like, In Search of with Lenord Nimoy.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the show, here is a description from wikipedia, In Search of... is a television series that was broadcast weekly from 1977 to 1982, devoted to mysterious phenomena. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Search_of..._(TV_series)

It covered many topics including: the Bermuda Triangle, Bigfoot, the Nazca Lines, ESP, voodoo, UFOs, the Loch Ness Monster, Atlantis, hauntings, reincarnation, near death experiences, the Egyptian Pyramids, Easter Island, etc...

Very interesting that you mention that show. I had had an NDE/OBE at the age of 20 - with no knowledge or reference point whatsoever of what had occurred - and it was perhaps 5 years later when NDE (near death experience) was the topic explored on that TV show... and I finally knew what I had experienced.

Around the same age (early 20s), I was handed a paper called "The Gemstone File" that purported to solve some of the big events, such as JFK's murder by the CIA.

I had already begun a spiritual self-discovery journey, and it was met with a new perspective on just exactly who was really running the US government, and what else were they guilty of doing or hiding?

Fast-forward about 35 years... I had seen a few Camelot videos when something (I wish I could remember, dang glaucoma medication) caught me in a search and I found myself at Avalon examining the "Charles" character's material. I wanted to get in on the interactivity, and asked to join. Since then, I have had my horizons expanded greatly in many avenues, and have given my skills at discernment a real workout too. I even was a moderator here very briefly, before the Reset Button project swallowed me.

There are some truly brilliant people here, and some unbelievably authentic people here - and some that are both. Now, there are dozens of you that I'd love to meet in person, for at least a pot of coffee or tea or green smoothies... and I hold out hope that we'll create the breakthrough that will allow us to live in peace and joy and abundance together - yet, in this lifetime.

Dennis

Swanette
30th July 2013, 06:05
My story is very similar to most of the previous posters. I grew up feeling different, curious, always searching and questioning things. Loved watching Star Trek and read mostly science fiction books since about age 10 (especially my most favorite author Ray Bradbury). In the early 90's a friend suggested I read Whitley Streiber's book and I was hooked. I couldn't get enough of stories about UFO's. Spent hours in the library and book stores. Read Zecharia Sitchin's books and it all seemed to make sense. I started to remember odd things that had happened to me when I was young but nothing was clear. I found Project Camelot and then Project Avalon by accident and was compelled to join the forum. This is the only forum that I am a member of now. I feel 'at home' here and love all of your contributions. Thank you :)

Another1
30th July 2013, 06:15
I found you here after giving up on forums and chat rooms for the battle grounds they had become in my experience.
It's entirely possible my magnets were adjusted wrong or something?

After cutting ties with all them angry places, I was amusing myself with youtube videos when a link led me here one night.
It pleases me to no end to see a place like this working so well with 1,000s of guests able to see something real is going on.

ulli
30th July 2013, 12:05
I had seen UFOs on a number of occasions in 1994, and started searching for other people's experience while learning how to use Netscape. (Anyone remember Netscape and incredibly slow dial-up modems? )
I recall the search producing just 457 results for the word UFO, and was wondering how on earth was I going to read that many websites.

I few years later I was on Dr. Richard Boylan's Forum, when I discovered the Wingmakers Materials. Then Dr. Boylan called the Wingmakers a hoax, and I left his forum, and dedicated several years to the Wingmakers, and was active on several forums.

During that time I found Divine Cosmos, and joined, but felt never really at home there. Watched a video of David Wilcock, with Kerry Cassidy and Bill Ryan, and found a treasure trove of other videos.

Then met George Green and the late Dr. Brian O'Leary through friends who lived near me in Costa Rica, and watched the Project Camelot interview with Dr. O'Leary.

When I found out about the split between Bill and Kerry I made the decision to continue with Bill Ryan, finding him more down to earth.

Joined PA in October 2010. Then became really curious about prophecy and world events after seeing the Charles Atticus interview.

At that point I began to participate and make friends on PA. Had some incredible synchronicities with Rocky_Shorz and realized that there was a strong spiritual force here which is helping forum members to form close bonds.
I figured that the must be a reason for this...not merely the members intent, but from higher up than mere mortals.

Found endless proof of this after I started the Here and Now thread, and seeing that it did not fizzle out after a few dozen posts.

We are all held together by the Power of Love Love Love.

donk
30th July 2013, 14:23
Sorry I only read a couple so far so forgive me if this has been said:

Of all the researchers presenting information not found in main stream, Bill Ryan is among the most well-rounded, down-to-earth, courteous, open-minded, and delightful to listen to.

I was attracted to anything associated with him, and when I happened to be looking for someone to help make sense of things I couldn't really just go to anyone about, I found you guys.

Unfortunately in my roller coaster soap opera life (and excessive thc consumption) make it hard to remember or pinpoint an "aha!" moment of "finding home", but I am glad I did, it was life changing (for the much much better).

Love and thanks to you all. Nice thread my friend

**added: to your actual post (sorry for being so off topic), what brought me to paranormal interests was eliminating everything explainable happening to my significant other (which looks a lot like an abduction scenario) and not really having any other option but to move past the mundane. I was pretty rooted in it physical, but dealing with a nasty ghost at my best friends house growing up opened me up to other-than-mundane possibilities.