PDA

View Full Version : Help, I have been hacked

Flash
28th July 2013, 00:34
I was looking for free movies to Watch tonight, waiting to go pick up my daughter from a party she has, downloaded from a European site and this showed up:

Your computer has been blocked for safety reasons listed below:

violation of law.... on copyright ground

spaming

stolen information of State importance

all this with the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police, Ministry of Public Safety Canada (which does not exist)

indicating an IP number: which is false since I can use my IP to write on the forum form another computer

with Interpol in the background

ASKING FOR 100$ WITHIN 45 HOURS at UKash (must be Russians lol)

I shut down the computer and reopened, but cannot access my computer anymore, this same page opens up instead

I can access from another computer to download software to help my other computer

Please help

what should I do not to lose the info I have on my laptop???

shadowstalker
28th July 2013, 00:37
My son went thought the same thing I forgot what we did to get rid of it.

Flash
28th July 2013, 00:47
Memory is a good thing Shadowstalker :p At least, it would be for me. LOL

shadowstalker
28th July 2013, 00:51
I probably put the answer in the thread of same nature as your self .. let me find it .

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?57072-Cyber-Crap-my-son-was-blocked-from-the-net

northstar
28th July 2013, 00:57
Hi - I did a Google search with the following terms:
"malware demanding money on copyright grounds"

Apparently this is malware and it can be removed.

Here are some links I found:

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/doj-your-computer-has-been-blocked-virus/

http://botcrawl.com/how-to-remove-the-fbi-moneypak-ransomware-virus-fake-fbi-malware-removal/

http://guides.yoosecurity.com/locked-by-police-cybercrime-investigation-department-virus-malware-scam-ransomware/

eaglespirit
28th July 2013, 01:04
H Flash...it is laid out in Northstar's lnks.

My version....press F8 at start up to go to safe mode
... go to 'system restore' and restore your computer to a date before the hacking occurrence
... follow steps in restore

This should clean it up

Flash
28th July 2013, 01:59
Shadowstalker, I am following the steps given in the link you provided, I am halfway through and lost of malware on my computer. Thanks for the info, will let you know once finished. THanks RMorgan who initially provided the information, you are saving at least 2 computers.

thanks northstar, if it doesn not work i will fall back on your links.

eaglespirit, restoring the computer does not take off the malware, you stil have to go through the detection and removal process. But hey, thanks for the intention.

mosquito
28th July 2013, 02:21
Wow - 1 hour 20 minutes and Flash has had some real help in an emergency situation.

Brilliant folks !! This is what I love to see.

Flash - I hope you get it all sorted out, and maybe someone could give some advice on steps you can take to mitigate the possibility of it happening again.

ghostrider
28th July 2013, 03:04
I just got rid of the dept of homeland security virus , asking for 300 dollars and locking me out with an official looking page... it was hell ... you really need an anti-malware program , or run your computer in safe mode with networking and some places will walk you through the process ... I feel for you, it's frustrating ...

Flash
28th July 2013, 03:08
Wow - 1 hour 20 minutes and Flash has had some real help in an emergency situation.

Brilliant folks !! This is what I love to see.

Flash - I hope you get it all sorted out, and maybe someone could give some advice on steps you can take to mitigate the possibility of it happening again.

Do not download repertoire or fringe movies from unsecure European sites (well, looking European) that most probably were Russians. LOL

Ghostrider, The were only asking me for 100$, not $300. They must think that Canadians are poorer. LOL

It gave me the opportunity to clean both my computers, so that is fine, just tedious.

Thank everyone for the help and encouragement, Avalon was the first place I thought of for help. Neat.

markoid
28th July 2013, 03:11
There is a forum at whatthetech.com which I have used a few times with success.... an extremely good, helpful, free service for malware removal if you get stuck.

Prodigal Son
28th July 2013, 03:15
Malwarebytes is absolutely awesome. The trial version is free and for a one time payment you can have the pro version... best 20 bucks I ever spent. This program really works.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/lp/lp4/?gclid=CKeSk6Cc0bgCFUmi4Aod0XcA5Q

ghostrider
28th July 2013, 03:25
Malwarebytes is absolutely awesome. The trial version is free and for a one time payment you can have the pro version... best 20 bucks I ever spent. This program really works.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/lp/lp4/?gclid=CKeSk6Cc0bgCFUmi4Aod0XcA5Q

yes, the anti-malware defender I have kicked the rear end of that homeland security bug, the page looked real, I thought I was doomed and swat was about to break down my door ... lol I was researching the boston bomber, looking at pics of him with no throat injuries , and boom the DHS security virus bit me ...

Flash
28th July 2013, 03:39
After running malwarebytes (I am with AVG normally), on one computer I had 39 infestation, on the other 16. Got rid of them, I am not running Download HitmanPro from the below link,then double click on it to start this program.
HITMANPRO DOWNLOAD LINK as recommended by the blog suggested by Shadowstalker today and RMorgan previously, you would not believe how many cookies and stuff this software is still finding. Very scary.

I truly suggest to use both software as suggested in the blog.

I am almost finish with the clean up.

Flash
28th July 2013, 03:47
Ok, both computers cleaned and working fine. Many thanks Shadowstalker, and many thanks to everyone here.

TelosianEmbrace
28th July 2013, 06:25
Better still, buy a Mac! :thumb:

Once you've had a Mac, you won't go back! :yes2::dance3::wink:

Please forgive this materialistic perspective. I will now return to my normal anti-consumer status.

Glad it's all fixed, Flash.

araucaria
28th July 2013, 07:58
Glad you got that sorted Flash.

The were only asking me for 100$, not $300. They must think that Canadians are poorer. LOL

They're not? Well, another time, they'll be making amends and charging a special rate of $500 for Canadians :)

7Seven
28th July 2013, 09:27
Lol thats hectic
Do you do banking and stuff on your computer?

eaglespirit
28th July 2013, 11:42
Ok, both computers cleaned and working fine. Many thanks Shadowstalker, and many thanks to everyone here.

WoooHooooo Avalonians....way to go Flash, BIG Thanks to Shadowstalker and ALL that chimed in.

Saw Your post and thanks to me Flash...never had a hardware intrusion on my 'puter...now we All know how because of Your open asking and the wonderful People here : )

Lifebringer
28th July 2013, 11:47
Force close by shutting it off without the regular shut down. Wait a minute and when it comes on DON'T CHOOSE START NORMAL, go into safe mode. If you have the virus protection, " scan" and analyze from your viral protection, it will detect or tell you if it can't be fixed. Then the option of "restore" to a earlier date before the virus got on there, and it should redo on the date you select and restart normally from there.

PS. Movie producers and artist have passed laws on their property, and some "free watch sites are now virused to prevent piracy, are NOT so free. My hubby's a tech, and I used to be a programmer in the early 80's. Putting stuff in hasn't changed if they have the first few numbers and last number or alpha to sneak in. Most time they come in on a update, I've had problems with Adobe updates, and still use 9 because of the "cloud snooping and storing' of info.
If you must write the steps down, before doing it, incase you forget one, because you want to do it the way I just explained it. It's not rocket science, but at my age I forget a step or two around the home, but not on pc.
Good luck.

Lifebringer
28th July 2013, 12:10
Do you think it will take off a nasty Trojan in my Recycle bin. I use AVG also and it has it quarantined, but I would love to have the stupid pop up from coming in and telling me, it's still coming through everyday since last Saturday. I went to the supposed free removal through Avg, and got a foreign company that manually removes them, and they didn't tell me that they weren't the free site and said "can I pay anything?" So it's still there. I'm in VA and Governor Ultrasound, and Ken Coochiesmelly are fighting the heart and other meds I need, that are still at the drug store.

Anyway, I'll try the DownloadHitmanPro and see it if removes Trojan horse, I don't even want to print it because it may bring it here, once on a link.

An imprint link is a programmed link, remember that also. I only spell it out on the AVG online chat site which has the top shelf, that my poor blackarse can't afford. I'm still trying to pay for heart pills.
It's 129.00 per year, heart meds 249.00 and that's just the 20%drug coverage they are denying me. I paid into this system working double shifts, 3rd shifts to make sure I'm home to send children to school. I still have my interest and balance in the Trust, because WS didn't get it and barter it to the bankers, yet, the balance for my medicine isn't covered? How the hell does that math work, again?

BS that's what it is. If I didn't have the balance, I wouldn't receive my check I paid into monthly. Just like Tri-care for the Veterans that Repukes put in/private/public partnership, they decide what you get, and when you'll get it. They have corporately privatized our health and medicines.

I'm steamed over it, but, that's the system, we keep allowing. They spy, and suck info, the life, and dreams out of Americans.

OnyxKnight
28th July 2013, 20:52
I arrive too late for these parties. Goddamit! lol

Flash, I download free movies torrents. I've never got crap like what you have. What kind of website was it?

Flash
28th July 2013, 21:36
I arrive too late for these parties. Goddamit! lol

Flash, I download free movies torrents. I've never got crap like what you have. What kind of website was it?

Hi, I have just one comment, with a big grin on my face, like "caught you" grin, I will gladly tell you on a short skype conversation......... nothing to hide, just that I want to exchange/give some information about something else with you and have your version/point of view. So the answer will be the net to catch the fly :p. Goddamit, you are unreachable. I still have the same skype address (see you visitors messages).

OK, you are still free to talk or not. Got to respect universal laws!:ohwell:

Atlas
2nd August 2013, 17:25
These "ransomware" like viruses will freeze your screen at start up.

Use MBAM (Malware Bytes Anti-Malware), it's a free and very efficient software.