PDA

View Full Version : shingles

mojo
30th July 2013, 15:05
I'm a little embarrased to say this is my first time dealing with this. Any help would be appreciated.

Heather2017
30th July 2013, 15:23
Hi Mojo. No need for embarrassment. :biggrin:

You might want to try l-lysine, proteolytic enzymes and/or capsaicin. Hope you feel better soon.

Love,
Heather

:rapture:

Daft Ada
30th July 2013, 15:29
Not a pleasant condition mate, my wife had it, it's a virus that attacks the nerve endings and not a lot can be done about it I'm afraid.

ulli
30th July 2013, 15:40
I'm a little embarrased to say this is my first time dealing with this. Any help would be appreciated.

This one really does warrant a trip to the doctor, and fast ...it is a virus and the meds for it work.
If left too late you may live with the pain for years.
I had it, while I was in Barbados three years ago.
I thought at first it was a mosquito bite, very itchy, in the center of my back.
I showed it to my husband who was in Costa Rica at the time, using Skype with a bad camera.
Yet he recognized it as shingles immediately. I was not due to fly back home for several days and took the risk of waiting till I got there before taking the meds for it.
By the time I was on the plane the pain had become so unbearable that I could not lean back in my seat for a moment...
And when my husband picked me up from the airport he brought the prescription book with him, to get me the medication immediately from the nearest pharmacy.
It had just gotten worse and worse...and become unbearable.
The meds work, and you will be pain free within a week or so,
but you will need a doctor's prescription.

william r sanford72
30th July 2013, 15:47
hang in there mojo.blessings your way.william.

mojo
30th July 2013, 15:47
At first I thought it was a heat rash now one of the sores is infected and swollen to the size of a grape for 5 days , and in one of the worst positions for a guy... upper inner thigh...

Tony
30th July 2013, 15:54
It's related to 'Chicken pox'.
If it's not caught early it will take a couple of months to clear.
It means your immune system is run down.
It usually is a rash and painful around the lower chest area.

This happened to me.

I feel for you,
Tony

778 neighbour of some guy
30th July 2013, 15:56
MMS, give it a shot.

Keltikmuse
30th July 2013, 16:52
Hi poor you ...not a lot you can do but ride it out..are you stressed at moment ..it comes on when I am ..
Lysine is deffo a long term health food tablet that keeps mine (and cold sores) at bay and may help you heal quicker. Have you medication? Anti viral? Acyclovir is the usual choice..and to ease itching and cool it down go for calamine lotion ...
Take it easy ,,,

conk
30th July 2013, 17:03
L-lysine, humic and fulvic acids have worked for several people I know. Good luck!

spiritguide
30th July 2013, 17:13
Check out RSO, hemp oil. Will help w pain. MHO Regardless, have it checked out by a medical dr.

Peace!

seko
30th July 2013, 17:25
MMS, give it a shot.

I will use MMS to deal with it.

I helped people with herpes and within a couple of weeks the herpes was gone.

Might as well try it and keep on using it to help your immune system and of course eat fresh food.

jagman
30th July 2013, 17:44
Hi Mojo, I'm sorry to hear that your ill. Mojo are you sure it's shingles? I hear that shingles
are extremely painful.Get plenty of rest and I have heard good things about Carnivora
http://www.carnivora.com/index.html

Cidersomerset
30th July 2013, 19:19
Hey Mojo I have just been talking to my mate Nick a fellow postie he went off
work last Friday morning with aching/swelling under the arms and feeling
lousy. He went to the Doctors who diagnosed shingles , he is feeling better
today although a bit tired. He did not have medication as he is already on
pain killers plus something else for other reasons, so he would not give
him anything else unless he gets worse. As I said as of a few minutes ago
he was feeling better. But everyone is different and you should go get
it checked if you are feeling rough and aching with a rash.

Cheers Steve...

brenie
30th July 2013, 19:40
Hello Mojo, someone has already said MMS, it is certainly worth a try.
Jim Humble who introduced us to the many things mms can tackle, has been saying for years that mms will cure 'malaria' in 48 hrs !
Now that is a bold statement, however in dec: last in Africa, in tandem with the Red cross (as observers ) his team treated 150 malaria cases, all cured !
The video proof of this is on this site, you will have to search for it worth a look.
Now Mojo, the reason I tell you this is because Jim Humble also recommends a treatment for 'shingles'.
I think if he was right about malaria, he is probably right about shingles as well.

Best wishes, Brenie.

The Truth Is In There
30th July 2013, 20:04
At first I thought it was a heat rash now one of the sores is infected and swollen to the size of a grape for 5 days , and in one of the worst positions for a guy... upper inner thigh...

which thigh, right or left? are you right or left-handed? the day or a few days before it started, have you lost contact with somebody important to you or did you want to get rid of somebody who bothered you or did somebody touch you in that place and you were bothered by it?

aranuk
30th July 2013, 20:34
Hi Mojo a few years ago I had it after a few months of stress. It felt so painful as if I had broken ribs so I went to the doctor and she spotted it immediately after I lifted up my shirt. Many spots. I was given the lysene and a few other meds which targeted the brain to ease the electrical nerves in the brain. It took me at least 3 months to recover from it. However I was like a dope addict, drugged up to the hilt for that period. I still have the occasional itchy spot which is well beneath the skin so scratching doesn't help. Annoying mostly. It is the chicken pox virus that never goes away entirely. It lingers near the spine in an neutral state for years. In my case I had chicken pox when I was 5 I think so in me anyway it lay dormant for 60 yrs before manifesting as shingles. Take the meds quickly. Don't postpone to see the doc ok?

Stan

Mike
30th July 2013, 21:54

This one really does warrant a trip to the doctor, and fast ...it is a virus and the meds for it work.
If left too late you may live with the pain for years.
I had it, while I was in Barbados three years ago.
I thought at first it was a mosquito bite, very itchy, in the center of my back.
I showed it to my husband who was in Costa Rica at the time, using Skype with a bad camera.
Yet he recognized it as shingles immediately. I was not due to fly back home for several days and took the risk of waiting till I got there before taking the meds for it.
By the time I was on the plane the pain had become so unbearable that I could not lean back in my seat for a moment...
And when my husband picked me up from the airport he brought the prescription book with him, to get me the medication immediately from the nearest pharmacy.
It had just gotten worse and worse...and become unbearable.
The meds work, and you will be pain free within a week or so,
but you will need a doctor's prescription.

I agree wholeheartedly.

this is one of the few instances in which i'd strongly suggest pharmaceutical intervention.

Ulli's right - the meds work wonders. I say get rid of the rash with the meds, and perhaps find some nutritional supplements to take (like lycine) that will keep the virus at bay in the future. Shingles are painful; no need to put yourself thru that pain unnecessarily.

i'm no expert, but my uncle has shingles, and I watched him try ointment after ointment before he finally relented and took the prescription stuff. gone within 2 weeks.

Earth Angel
30th July 2013, 22:04
my dad had this and it was terrible.......I read that a vitamin C intravenous works miracles......

http://www.healthyimmunity.com/qanda/31-Shingles.asp

mattymoto
30th July 2013, 22:59
My suggestion would be to see your physician ASAP. I worry that you may not have shingles. I went to doctors for years and years before I was finally diagnosed with hidradenitis suppurativa. I pray that you do not have HS.

Hoping for your speedy recovery.

Amanda
31st July 2013, 02:36
Please visit Aloha8 and learn how to make liposomal encapsulated vitamin c. It works wonders - it really does. You will have to buy an ultrasonic cleaner (mine was advertised as a jewellery cleaner) some ascorbic acid from the health food shop and some lecithin granules which are available at supermarkets.

Take as much as you can - once it sends you to the toilet with loose bowel movements - that just indicates you have reached your saturation level. Liposomal encapsulated vitamin c was given to a man in a New Zealand hospital - he was in a coma after contracting a viscious flu and his lungs had white out pnemonia. The doctors told the family it was all but over - the family asked the medical team to feed him intravenous vitamin c and they refused. The family came back with legal representation and forced the medical staff to feed the hospital grade vitamin c into their relative. He came out of the coma and recovered from everything!!!!

Learn how to make it and get it into you. I take it everyday and when I don't I feel the difference. I have mastered the art of not having any foam on top and am happy to share my tips on how to make it. Get well. Much Peace - Amanda

Ellisa
31st July 2013, 04:53
I developed shingles last year. I had a blotchy red and itchy rash on my chest. I went to my doctor who confirmed it was indeed shingles, and it is important to get the right diagnosis as a lot of things involve red and itchy rashes!

I had gone to the doctor as soon as I saw the rash, and she told me that I would be able to have the anti-viral as it is only effective if you are given it it in the initial stages of the disease. The spread of the rash stopped at once, and within a week or so the itch and pain had gone, but the traces of the rash, the redness itself, lasted for months. It is also likely that I may get another outbreak at some stage.

Shingles is caused when chicken-pox is around in the community. Those of us who caught cicken-pox and were not immunised (it didn't exist when I was a child) afterwards carry the virus in a dormant state and it manifests as shingles when we are exposed to the virus again. The immunisation gives some protection against shingles in later life, as well as chicken-pox, because there is no virus to lie dormant. Although shingles is not usually fatal, it is often very exhausting and miserable for many who have it for a very long time before it finally goes away. The quick use of the anti-viral helped me get over it quickly. I guess I was lucky.

gigha
31st July 2013, 05:00
This thread is why I love Avalon.

:cheer2:

SKAWF
31st July 2013, 05:56
yesh... i too am shingle

i'm into fat birdsh

sho if you're inteshish

shend me a messhish

(sorry Mojo, you have my sympathies, and i have a warped shensh of humour!)

The Truth Is In There
1st August 2013, 20:27
since you haven't answered my questions i assume you don't take them seriously. you should, because whatever your doctor or the many well-meaning people say, it's not a "virus" and you didn't "catch" it or something. the answers don't really matter though, because it was probably a local touch in that area that caused it.

you, or rather your body, created this condition. normally this happens if somebody feels defiled by a touch/contact with someone/something (been in bed with an ugly woman lately? ;)). it's an instinctual reaction that starts a program whose goal it is to strengthen the defiled area to protect against future defilement. the process is sort of two-phased because it affects the corium and epidermis.

the corium is first built up and eventually broken down by bacteria (creating pustules and pus), the epidermis is first broken down and later built up. the reason for this odd behaviour is because the corium is controlled by the cerebellum and the epidermis by the white matter of the cerebrum. the first always builds tissue up at first (in other organs it's called "cancer") and later breaks it down again. the latter breaks tissue down first (like an ulcer, also called cancer in some places, like the bones, by conventional medicine. you couldn't make it up!) and later builds it up again.

it's not important to know all this, the only thing you need to know is that it's already healing and, if the defiling event that caused it is not repeated, it will heal by itself. taking meds to kill bacteria will only stop and prolong the healing phase and "viruses" can't be killed anyway because they're a myth.

btw, if it wasn't an actual event that caused it this time it could have been a trigger, from early youth perhaps, that restarted the program. at any rate, something did happen that caused it, it's not an infection or anything the like.

mojo
1st August 2013, 21:39
Thank you all for the responses which helped decide to seek med doctor which prescribed antibiotics... and feeling much better too...

mahalall
1st August 2013, 22:50
post acute management found prophylactic chlorophyll most helpful.

best wishes
http://www.health-and-natural-healing.com/treatment-for-shingles.html

AriG
1st August 2013, 23:07
Well bless your cotton socks. Shingles. Horrible condition. I had shingles when I was 15. Double take you say, 15? Yes, 15. It was the eighties. My family and I were on a roadtrip to the Smokey Mountains in Tennessee. Somewhere around Hazard Kentucky ( yes, Hazard, KY), our car broke down and we spent 12 miserable hours sitting outside a po-dunk mechanic's "shop" waiting for the repair. During this time, I was perpetually harassed by a number of townsfolk who shared perhaps three teeth amongst them. I was a snooty suburban teenage girl with an over-inflated sense of self worth ( aka, princess). So when we finally arrived at our destination, the first thing I did was don a swim suit and dive head first into the pool. Big mistake. I shot out of that pool as though it was a vat of acid. My back full of blisters, I was convinced one of those Billy Bob's had given me the plague (LOL). The only doctor in the smokies at that time was a Naturalist. He was really good. He gave me some kind of poultice of walnut extract. My sweet little Mammaw ( rural Southern for grandmother) stayed up all night with me. She borrowed pencils from the front desk and propped up the sheets so they wouldn't touch my back and applied the poultice frequently. By the next morning, the blisters had crusted over and the pain was gone. I will never forget that pain. It felt as though someone had stripped off my epidermis and poured lemon juice on my back. The doc said that anyone, regardless of age, upon experiencing stress, is susceptible to an HPV manifestation of shingles. I was a drama queen. The "dukes" of Hazard Kentucky got the better of me. It was probably Karma. I empathize with you. Just thinking about that pain makes "me buttocks twitch". Sending healing energy your way. XOXO.