PDA

View Full Version : Tacit Censorship by Time Warner Cable?

Openmindedskeptic
7th August 2013, 16:23
Is Time Warner Cable here in North Carolina attempting to control the message?

I28aSiH9gvs

It's odd that left-leaning news channels aren't available given what's going on in our State right now. See what comedian Bill Maher has to say about our present situation.

I6QKCZ7JRPE

shadowstalker
7th August 2013, 16:50
Not surprised about the blacks out anymore..

wow nothing like mixing truth with lie and comedy...
And did he just drop the "S" bomb and "A" bomb on TV. what time of night was this?
As I don't watch TV anymore..

Lifebringer
7th August 2013, 17:13
Yep, just like a Bilderberg buying the government rag: "WashingtonPost"

WE don't have to 'read' their idea of the news/propaganda, so, doesn't bother me. These people we "like" have their own sites and if they wanted could take it to You Tube and blow their arses out the "capitalisticWSprofitsector" easily. WE don't have to buy their JUNK/LIES.

WE could take over the blogs in every one of them, and they would be "reading the blogs for news." Bwahahahahaha.

I say to the BUYERS OF FREEDOM: SO WHAT. We'll just create somewhere else. WE will just discuss it somewhere else. WE will just communicate/read other sites. In short. WE DON'T TRUST A WORD PRINTED, SAID ON YOUR STATION OR SITES.

TOO MUCH BS BIAS!

See, it felt right, and is right.

My instincts tell me, it's to collect more data, off the sites, businesses for "some other purpose."

Openmindedskeptic
7th August 2013, 19:02
And did he just drop the "S" bomb and "A" bomb on TV. what time of night was this?

Bill Mayer is on the HBO cable network and he comes on at 10 pm on Friday nights so he's allowed to use a few vulgar words here and there. Although he's a comedian he's one of the few people in our country left who still has the courage to actually tell the truth. Like the old saying goes, "many a truth is told in jest".

Kryztian
8th August 2013, 13:26
I guess I look at this on two different. One, is at the level that the left/right divide is a real phenomena. There are intellectual, social, religious, and cultural forces that divide our society, and a couple of elites use they power to sway things one way or the other.

The other is that the left/right divide, although real, is aggravated by the dark Powers that be, to distract us from the real issues, the issues that majority of both Liberal and Conservatives would probably agree upon. Both sides of the aisle would agree that we don't want healthy food being replaced by toxic GMO pesticided food, neither side wants to see financial institutions stealing the wealth of the American by illegal means, and both sides are clearly against wars that do not serve the interest of American people and only make the world a more violent place. But the media has us focused on issues we can't agree on: abortion, gun control, gay marriage, etc.

I imagine that Art Pope sincerely wants his conservative Christianist values imposed on his beloved state, but let me guess there are people behind the scenes egging him on because, they know he is creating a distraction from the issues they care about. While we are all arguing about the usual hot button topics, they are working behind the scenes to pocket the wealth of the middle class and steal our rights from us.

What really irks me about Bill Maher's video is his solution to the problem: get a wealthy liberal in to counteract Pope. As if the solution is to always have wealthy elites sort things out for us - he suggests that Steven Spielberg buy Wyoming. I don't want any millionaire buying my state, whether I agree with them or not.

The real issue is that politics have been hijacked because the a few elites are overriding the will of millions of people. The answer is to get both Art Pope and Steven Spielberg and the Koch Brothers and George Soros out of trying to control the affairs of the world.

Openmindedskeptic
8th August 2013, 16:33
The real issue is that politics have been hijacked because the a few elites are overriding the will of millions of people. The answer is to get both Art Pope and Steven Spielberg and the Koch Brothers and George Soros out of trying to control the affairs of the world.
Exactly and that's why we need a Constitutional Amendment to to nullify the US Supreme Court's Citizen United decision which has essentially allowed the mega rich to control our politics here in the United States.

cursichella1
8th August 2013, 17:23
Bill Maher continues to make me laugh until I cry, however, calling 911 Truthers "nuts" (or bats#1t or whatever...) and his refusal to look at the 911 evidence (vs. the official Gov't explanation) makes me suspect. As far as calling wealthy liberals to put their money up against the Republican buy out, I think he's incapable of seeing beyond the current way politics and control operate. He admitted to giving Obama's campaign $ 1M, and could seriously have a field day over Guantanamo, NSA revelations and other crucial issues if he wanted to, but doesn't. He is entrenched in the system and unfortunately plays into that, feeding the political divide that distracts us from the big picture. Other than that, he does provide some brilliant humor and I'm grateful for that!

Shamz
8th August 2013, 17:30
I also live in NC - Cary area and we have Dish network services. I did not see any issues with CNN yesterday or even today - its coming fine.

not sure whats going on with TWC though.

thanks