PDA

View Full Version : UK Ground Crew meet-up in London Announcement!

Poly Hedra
9th August 2013, 16:18
Hello all, I am aranging a meet-up in London, to take place sometime in Sept/Oct depending on how many people are available and when.

I will be arranging a venue where we can relax and hang out for a few hours.

I have already posted this announcement on the UK Ground Crew groups page but I generally forget to check it until its too late and I'm guessing a lot of people do the same.

If your interested, let me know here, through a private message or on the UK Ground Crew page and give me an idea of availibility.

Thanks
Conec

Kristin
9th August 2013, 17:12
Way to go Conec!! I'm glad to see some ground crew action happening!

Chip
9th August 2013, 17:48
This is very smart.
I've been trying to organize groups in my area of domicile as well.
I've had some luck and made a few important connections but it has been a struggle.
Teaching and communication skills prevail over survival in this case.

Poly Hedra
9th August 2013, 18:23
Thanks guys, I have to say that other people (Ria to be precise, thanks Ria) have been kind enough to make all the arrangments for the previous meet-ups. Its my turn now.

So come on people!!!!!

galilava
9th August 2013, 18:58
thank you, conec, i will come and let me know if you need help with anything

Poly Hedra
9th August 2013, 20:12
Thats great galilava, thanks for your response. (bump)

Flowerpunkchip
9th August 2013, 20:24
forgive my ignorance.... what is a ground crew meet-up?

what do you do/discuss?

thanks in advance

Poly Hedra
9th August 2013, 20:32
its basically a meet-up to literally meet-up, informal chats. The ground crew meet-up comes from the idea of what the forum was set up to do, ie. make human connections.
I was only at one before and we just chatted to eachother.
What I'd really love to happen is for people to do a small presentation on anything theyre interested in but generally its just to get to know people outside the forum.

quoted from the ground crew group page:
"uk ground crew, networking and information sharing"
Here is a link to the UK ground crew group page:
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/group.php?groupid=3

Keltikmuse
9th August 2013, 20:47
gonna bust a gut to be there

Poly Hedra
9th August 2013, 21:04
Just a quick note to say that the meet-up will be in a private space, hired out for an afternoon so it will be possible for people to do a little talk if they feel like it :)

Poly Hedra
10th August 2013, 09:00
bump bump bump

Poly Hedra
11th August 2013, 09:48
I'll be bumping this up daily. Looking forward to hearing from more England based members.

Poly Hedra
18th August 2013, 11:36
Allo allo, its bump time again.

Corncrake
20th August 2013, 15:26
Conec - perhaps the responses are rather slow coming in because it is August and holiday time and not everyone has Project Avalon on their smart phones ... Things will probably look up in September.

Poly Hedra
20th August 2013, 16:48
Thanks Corncrake, I hope so.

Star Tsar
20th August 2013, 17:39
I shall be in attendance...

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Poly Hedra
4th September 2013, 21:39
Ok folks, the meet up is still going ahead. I have unfortunately seen a lot of uk based members checking out this thread but they seem to have decided to not not take part. It does feel a bit disheartening but shall press on regardless. I'm sure everyone has their reasons.

I'm really looking forward to meeting the people who have decided to have a little Avalon gathering in London.

The date is set for Saturday October 6th from 1pm. I'll give more details of the meeting place soon.

:) ;) ;)

shijo
5th September 2013, 11:27
I will do my best to be there,I went to the first ground crew meeting on the southbank and it was terrific, regards Shijo.

Sérénité
5th September 2013, 12:00
I'd love to attend. But logistic, financial and family implications wouldn't allow it :/
If you ever have another, further North, count me in!
Have a great time!

Flowerpunkchip
5th September 2013, 12:28
I'm up for it if I'm free... but I might have to bring my daughter. Do tell me if that's a problem (she's nearly 3).

Poly Hedra
5th September 2013, 16:24
Hi Shijo, cool, hope you can make it. Serenete, it's a pity you can't make it, hopefully you can have a meet up further up north at some stage. Flowerpunkchip, bring your daughter of course :)

Also, I just received a PM telling me that Oct6th is actually a Sunday so I should correct that... Saturday October 5th :)

StephenW11UK
12th September 2013, 17:48
Hi Shijo, cool, hope you can make it. Serenete, it's a pity you can't make it, hopefully you can have a meet up further up north at some stage. Flowerpunkchip, bring your daughter of course :)

Also, I just received a PM telling me that Oct6th is actually a Sunday so I should correct that... Saturday October 5th :)

Thank you conec for arranging this get-together. The possibility of my not being there is pretty remote. Stephen.

Realeyes
12th September 2013, 17:58
Hi Conec,
I have only just seen this thread. I believe we met at the last meet up that was such a long, long time ago that Ria kindly organised.
I will do my utmost best to be there; I so enjoyed the last one, so lovely to put faces to peoples names and join in with so many different discussions.
Yours sincerely
Realeyes

Poly Hedra
12th September 2013, 22:11
Yay! Realeyes, i do remeber you from the last meet-up, I was barely able to hold a conversation though :) it will be great to see you there. And Stephen, how cool that you posted a thread about wanting to meet up. ( I had a quick look on the forum when i came home from work) It was meant to be:)
Getting a bit of momentum going now. The venue is not a private one as the people I was arranging it with have not gotten back to me, but I do have a venue arranged. It is spacious, cosy, heated smoking area, centre of london. I'll pm everyone because I don't want the meet-up place to be public knowledge so please bare with me.

Excited!

Poly Hedra
16th September 2013, 17:32
Meet-up details have been sent. If I missed you, PM me. X

Poly Hedra
25th September 2013, 20:47
Saturday the 5th of October, area reserved from 1pm. If you're feeling that way inclined, you know what to do!

StephenW11UK
6th October 2013, 09:37
Yesterday afternoon (Sat. 5th Oct.) I joined three other people at the meet-up in London arranged by colec- just a nice number for me.

Over the years I have spoken to a few friends about tptb and their ways of controlling humanity but, of course, have always had to be very careful not to scare them off.

On arriving home later in the day, however, I realised quite unexpectedly that there had been a different feeling about the other three, something that made them different from any other humans I had ever made personal contact with. And that could only be because they have managed to free themselves to a noticeable degree from the Matrix.

In appreciation,

Stephen.

Star Tsar
6th October 2013, 10:06
We must meet up more often was really nice to spend time with like minds.
:)

Poly Hedra
7th October 2013, 18:31
Thanks guys for making the effort to come, it was great to meet you all, the conversation was brilliant and it was great to speak openly :)
There will be a next time!

ulli
7th October 2013, 19:02
I wish I could have been there. I lived in London from age 18 until I was 33 and have not been back since.
I miss it, but would only enjoy it today in the company of Avalonians. I outgrew the fashion crowd ages ago.

Would have loved to meet all of you in person...